Clinique All About Eyes Concealer

3.2

Why does everyone dislike this so much? It takes me two little drops per eye and you HAVE to blend it in. I have this in light golden and it looks very natural and covers up my circles pretty darn well.

The All About Eyes concealer is my new HG for dark circles. It is very thick, so I apply it with a concealer brush. I also mix two colors for the perfect match, which I donít mind doing at all. The price is around $13.50 and in my mind thatís a good deal. If you want a small sample I think the counter will give you one, if not pm and I will send you one.

on 9/15/2006 7:25:00 PM

I bought this concealer about 6 months ago, but I'm not sure why I did. I think it was because I was in a hurry... I was in the mall with my two young toddlers and any mother knows two toddlers at a makeup counter is a recipe for disaster, LOL. I needed a concealer and I've always had good success with Clinique, so I grabbed it left. The first few times I used it, I wasn't sure I really liked it. I had a hard time blending it and seemed to always look a tad cakey under my eyes. I've been putting up with it since the shade (light neutral) matches my light skin with yellow undertones well. Well, lately, I've been liking this sooo much better! Before, I was trying to use a sponge or concealer brush to blend it and not my fingers. I have this thing with using my fingers to apply makeup, I really don't like it. Well, I finally broke down and started using my finger to apply it and blend it and it works a lot better. I guess the warmth of my finger helps it to blend. Anyway, there's no more cakiness, it does a good job at covering up circles, and it just looks so natural. I really like this concealer so I guess I can put up with having to use my finger. :) It's important to remember that a little goes a long way with this stuff. I bet this tube will last me forever!

I bought this concealer after returning another (Quick Corrector, which DOES NOT cover). The Clinique salesperson recommended it to me. I told her my main goal was to cover zits and she gave me an eye concealer! I asked her about that, and she said it'd be fine for all over use. I took it home and tried it. It is so orange! It looked horrible with my rosey undertones. It also does not go on smooth and because it's thin you have to use a TON to get any coverage. Really it just made my undereye circles more pronounced than ever. And as for it covering zits, forget about it. I ended up taking this concealer back, avoiding that salesperson (who has given me numerous bad recommendations) and getting the Line Smoothing concealer (though I really don't have wrinkles).

Clinique just doesn't make good concealers. I've tried atleast five different formulas and only Line Smoothing was half-way decent.

on 7/27/2006 11:07:00 AM

Sometimes this concealer can go on cakey and powdery and creases easily; I found that when I use only a drop beneath my eyes and it suits me just fine. It's long lasting and it really helps cover up the dark circles under my eyes (I have really, REALLY pale skin, so the circles really stand out without concealer). It lasts a long time because I only need a tiny bit. I don't have an allergic reaction to this Clinique concealer like I do with a lot of their other face products.

on 7/14/2006 6:48:00 AM

I think it's a great concealer for covering blemishes as opposed to under the eyes. It is a bit cakey and powdery and I find it hard to blend with my dior skinlights foundation. Dior anti-fatigue concealer for the eyes is better in texture and thin however more expensive. When I go on holiday will buy the dior concealer for my eyes duty free and keep the clinique one just for blemishes. Apparently, it works well with the superfit foundation and yes it does blend well with that when I was at the make up counter...so perhaps try that use it in conjuction with a clinique foundation.

on 7/13/2006 5:03:00 PM

UPDATE: For all you people who are giving it negative reviews about it being too heavy - it's not supposed to be used to cover everything, just stuff around your eyes (although I use it as a blemish cover up).

on 7/1/2006 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Personally, I like this concealer. It is thick but that's what helps it have such good covering power. It only takes a little bit and it dries rather quickly but not so quickly that I don't have time to pat it in. The coverage is fantastic! Not a small chore for my dark undereye circles. It does not crease on me and it stays all day long. Honestly, this has to be one of the best liquid concealers I've tried. The tube that it comes in is great also. No complaints from me!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff manages to be really cake-y and dry looking and at the same time it doesn't really cover up my undereye circles. It's magic really.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i bought this hoping it would help mask my undereye circles and puffiness. but then realized it did only an okay job of covering up the darkness but even tho it was a heavy formula and i only used a little bit it went on pretty dry and cakey. and it also settled into my lines and creased and made me look wayy older than i actually am (i'm only 15!) i used an eye cream underneath it everytime i put it on and it didn't make ne difference. plus it made my eyeliner smudge everywhere also. the shades r actually wayy lighter than they look in the tube, i got the medium beige which looked darker than my skin tone but when i put it on it would be like 2125454545100781x times lighter. it also felt kinda gross on my face because it was really heavy. this would work well with someone who doesn't need to cover up alot, doesn't have many or if ne creases or lines under there eyes, and doesnt have really dry skin under their eyes. considering u only use a tiny bit of this it'll last u a while. but i had to take it back for obvious reasons.