Clinique All About Eyes Concealer

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this with the intention of using it to cover up my inherited dark undereye circles. It was very dry and cakey and settled into the lines under my eyes making me look horrible. I also felt like it was hard to blend without tugging on the skin. On the flip side, it was a nice brightening color and the clear tube packaging was nice.

I bought this concealer a couple of months ago and have barely made a dent in the tube. A little bit goes a very long way. This is a good thing, except that you have to be careful not to put too much on. The concealer is a bit thick, so if I put too much on it gets a little cakey. The color blends well with my fair skin, and it hides the dryness/redness at the outer corners of my eyes. I would buy this product again, though I don't see myself running out any time soon.

EDIT: Okay, after the initial excitement about this product wore off, I realized this concealer doesn't have such a great staying power. The color is not all that great and turned orange on me half way through the day and started drying out my eye area. Not a huge fan. I don't think I will rebuy. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I can't believe I'm about to say this about a Clinique product, but I freaking LOVE this concealer. I bought it to use primarily under my eyes, but it works so great to cover little blemishes and those red marks where spots used to be. It is supposed to reduce puffiness in eyes, so it kinda makes sense that it would reduce the inflammation in blemishes. It's really creamy. One lippie off because it's not perfect for covering dark circles (what is? but this is marketed as an eye cream concealer...). However, it's so darn good for the rest of my face that I'll rebuy it when I run out.

I've been using this concealer since it came out earlier this year. I love the fact that it's an eye cream and concealer in one. Though many eye creams (especially in this price range) don't show visible results, I find this one at least conceals my dark circles pretty well. In conjunction with All About Eyes cream, it keeps my eye area moisturized, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and has kept lines and wrinkles at bay. It blends fairly well, even without a brush. I also have used it to conceal blemishes in a pinch.

Summary: If you're looking for a miracle eye product, this isn't it, but it's perfect for 30-something, low-maintenance women like me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a good concealer. Not the greatest, but good. I like translucent tube container-dispenses the amount you want, keeps it clean, and you can easily tell when you're running low. The product itself is a lightweight cream, I use my ring finger to pat it on. You have to work a bit quickly, it sets up rather fast. It's long wearing, but for darker undereye circles, it might be necessary to build up the coverage. I also like the fact that it is specifically designed for use around the eyes...less chance of irritation that I experience with other concealers. Undecided if I would purchase again...maybe. Decent price, not too expensive. I tried Medium Honey, and it was a great color match for me (I'm naturally tan, and use Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation 70 Watts)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

It seems like I have tried every concealer under the sun. I love this stuff. I have an olive-tan skin tone and very dark circles under my eyes. This stuff seems to glide over wrinkles ( i don't have many) and take the dark away from my eyes. It's kind of pricey but well worth it, and you don't need much to cover those dark circles. It's awesome.

I've got fine lines under my eyes, so i thought that this concealer would be worth a try. True to its claims, it doesn't crease in my fine lines as much. It does crease still, albeit a little. A small dab of this goes a REALLY long way as it's thick & covers dark circles well. Nonetheless, a major drawback for this is that there're only 3 shades available in Singapore & all of them are yellow-based. If there're more shades available (with pink-based shades available too), it'd be a perfect undereye concealer for me! I won't need to repurchase this as it's a pretty big tube & since a little goes a long way, it'll last me for eons!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Yowza. I have been on the lookout for an eye concealer for years now. This is the one for me. It spreads nicely so younger ladies (I'm early 30s) this is great for coverage w/o tugging on your delicate eye area. I tried to use their advanced concealer for the same # of years on my eye area and no way does that work. I am NC 25 in Mac and I am using Medium Petal 04 for my eyes. I was pretty sure I'd be a light color in the eye concealer but this is an exact match. I suggest you let the clinique person help you color match as I was about to walk out with something much more yellow. The inside lighting there does no favors so be sure to do a color match in natural light. I am so happy with this I cannot even tell you. I also have blemishes (quite a bit of late) and I am happy too that I 'll be able to use this to cover them as long as they are near the center of my face. My neck, temples and chin are an entire shade lighter than the rest of my face. I plan to use this to cover broken capillaries on the sides of my nose and this looks to be an excellent match for that too. I used the matte medium advanced concealer for that too, but it turns out that it was way too rosy/dark for even those areas. There are many more color choices in this concealer so in my book, if you dont already have an eye/skin/blemish concealer just buy this one. Forget about all others--this is the one product that will work for all problems. Way better than buying the advanced concealer and expecting it to work for all. Good luck!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I see that there are mixed reviews for this product, but for me, Clinique All About Eyes concealer is a winner, hands down!I have a difficult challenge, in that I have A. "mature" skin (ok, let's just say I am old, lol) and B. a high degree of hyperpigmentation - on my lids and underneath my eyes. Not easy to cover and since I have dry skin, I need to be careful about under eye concealers being too cakey or powdery looking.This product works SO well and as it is concentrated, a tiny bit goes a very long way! The consistency is creamy, yet it doesn't slide off or smear my liner or mascara. I usually "set" my under eye concealer with a tiny dot of transluscent powder and doing this gives a little extra insurance that it will stay put. I've used this product with and without this dab of powder and have never found it to smear or run.The only problem that some people might have, is finding a perfect color match - this comes in only a few shades, so I think it's important to see the product in person and try it out before buying.The lightest shade isn't very, very light, so extremely paler skinned ladies may not find a color match as easily. There is also a mix of pink based, neutral and yellow based shades, although not every skintone category has one of each.For reference, I have somewhat yellow-based skin, but most of the time a more "neutral" base color looks best - in terms of shades, I am generally a medium tone, but I seem to be getting paler as I get older - I'd say Light-Medium is where I am right now!.In this product, I am using #02 Light Golden. It is decidedly yellow, but not overly dark. Actually....a more perfect color for me would be the same shade, but with a more neutral base. Unfortunately, in the "Moderately Fair" category (which it seems would translate to a Light-Medium skintone), the only choices are Light Petal (pink based); Light Golden (yellow based) and Medium Petal (darker and pink based). "Light Neutral" had the correct undertone, but overall, the shade was too light for me. That said, the Light Golden works fine and blends in well enough for me to want to repurchase it....which may be very soon, since I am using it up at an alarming rate!Clinique All About Eyes concealer is a winner for me....and as a self-proclaimed concealer 'nut', I've tried *many* over the years!
2/5/07 - edited to add: I still use and love this product and have also purchased the shade Medium Petal. This color is a tad pink-based, and even though I am generally neutral-warm toned, it is a very good match for my skin color. continued >>

Why does everyone dislike this so much? It takes me two little drops per eye and you HAVE to blend it in. I have this in light golden and it looks very natural and covers up my circles pretty darn well.