Clinique All About Eyes Concealer

3.2

on 10/26/2006 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Yowza. I have been on the lookout for an eye concealer for years now. This is the one for me. It spreads nicely so younger ladies (I'm early 30s) this is great for coverage w/o tugging on your delicate eye area. I tried to use their advanced concealer for the same # of years on my eye area and no way does that work. I am NC 25 in Mac and I am using Medium Petal 04 for my eyes. I was pretty sure I'd be a light color in the eye concealer but this is an exact match. I suggest you let the clinique person help you color match as I was about to walk out with something much more yellow. The inside lighting there does no favors so be sure to do a color match in natural light. I am so happy with this I cannot even tell you. I also have blemishes (quite a bit of late) and I am happy too that I 'll be able to use this to cover them as long as they are near the center of my face. My neck, temples and chin are an entire shade lighter than the rest of my face. I plan to use this to cover broken capillaries on the sides of my nose and this looks to be an excellent match for that too. I used the matte medium advanced concealer for that too, but it turns out that it was way too rosy/dark for even those areas. There are many more color choices in this concealer so in my book, if you dont already have an eye/skin/blemish concealer just buy this one. Forget about all others--this is the one product that will work for all problems. Way better than buying the advanced concealer and expecting it to work for all. Good luck!

on 10/7/2006 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I see that there are mixed reviews for this product, but for me, Clinique All About Eyes concealer is a winner, hands down!I have a difficult challenge, in that I have A. "mature" skin (ok, let's just say I am old, lol) and B. a high degree of hyperpigmentation - on my lids and underneath my eyes. Not easy to cover and since I have dry skin, I need to be careful about under eye concealers being too cakey or powdery looking.This product works SO well and as it is concentrated, a tiny bit goes a very long way! The consistency is creamy, yet it doesn't slide off or smear my liner or mascara. I usually "set" my under eye concealer with a tiny dot of transluscent powder and doing this gives a little extra insurance that it will stay put. I've used this product with and without this dab of powder and have never found it to smear or run.The only problem that some people might have, is finding a perfect color match - this comes in only a few shades, so I think it's important to see the product in person and try it out before buying.The lightest shade isn't very, very light, so extremely paler skinned ladies may not find a color match as easily. There is also a mix of pink based, neutral and yellow based shades, although not every skintone category has one of each.For reference, I have somewhat yellow-based skin, but most of the time a more "neutral" base color looks best - in terms of shades, I am generally a medium tone, but I seem to be getting paler as I get older - I'd say Light-Medium is where I am right now!.In this product, I am using #02 Light Golden. It is decidedly yellow, but not overly dark. Actually....a more perfect color for me would be the same shade, but with a more neutral base. Unfortunately, in the "Moderately Fair" category (which it seems would translate to a Light-Medium skintone), the only choices are Light Petal (pink based); Light Golden (yellow based) and Medium Petal (darker and pink based). "Light Neutral" had the correct undertone, but overall, the shade was too light for me. That said, the Light Golden works fine and blends in well enough for me to want to repurchase it....which may be very soon, since I am using it up at an alarming rate!Clinique All About Eyes concealer is a winner for me....and as a self-proclaimed concealer 'nut', I've tried *many* over the years!
2/5/07 - edited to add: I still use and love this product and have also purchased the shade Medium Petal. This color is a tad pink-based, and even though I am generally neutral-warm toned, it is a very good match for my skin color. continued >>

Why does everyone dislike this so much? It takes me two little drops per eye and you HAVE to blend it in. I have this in light golden and it looks very natural and covers up my circles pretty darn well.

The All About Eyes concealer is my new HG for dark circles. It is very thick, so I apply it with a concealer brush. I also mix two colors for the perfect match, which I donít mind doing at all. The price is around $13.50 and in my mind thatís a good deal. If you want a small sample I think the counter will give you one, if not pm and I will send you one.

on 9/15/2006 7:25:00 PM

I bought this concealer about 6 months ago, but I'm not sure why I did. I think it was because I was in a hurry... I was in the mall with my two young toddlers and any mother knows two toddlers at a makeup counter is a recipe for disaster, LOL. I needed a concealer and I've always had good success with Clinique, so I grabbed it left. The first few times I used it, I wasn't sure I really liked it. I had a hard time blending it and seemed to always look a tad cakey under my eyes. I've been putting up with it since the shade (light neutral) matches my light skin with yellow undertones well. Well, lately, I've been liking this sooo much better! Before, I was trying to use a sponge or concealer brush to blend it and not my fingers. I have this thing with using my fingers to apply makeup, I really don't like it. Well, I finally broke down and started using my finger to apply it and blend it and it works a lot better. I guess the warmth of my finger helps it to blend. Anyway, there's no more cakiness, it does a good job at covering up circles, and it just looks so natural. I really like this concealer so I guess I can put up with having to use my finger. :) It's important to remember that a little goes a long way with this stuff. I bet this tube will last me forever!

I bought this concealer after returning another (Quick Corrector, which DOES NOT cover). The Clinique salesperson recommended it to me. I told her my main goal was to cover zits and she gave me an eye concealer! I asked her about that, and she said it'd be fine for all over use. I took it home and tried it. It is so orange! It looked horrible with my rosey undertones. It also does not go on smooth and because it's thin you have to use a TON to get any coverage. Really it just made my undereye circles more pronounced than ever. And as for it covering zits, forget about it. I ended up taking this concealer back, avoiding that salesperson (who has given me numerous bad recommendations) and getting the Line Smoothing concealer (though I really don't have wrinkles).

Clinique just doesn't make good concealers. I've tried atleast five different formulas and only Line Smoothing was half-way decent.

on 7/27/2006 11:07:00 AM

Sometimes this concealer can go on cakey and powdery and creases easily; I found that when I use only a drop beneath my eyes and it suits me just fine. It's long lasting and it really helps cover up the dark circles under my eyes (I have really, REALLY pale skin, so the circles really stand out without concealer). It lasts a long time because I only need a tiny bit. I don't have an allergic reaction to this Clinique concealer like I do with a lot of their other face products.

on 7/14/2006 6:48:00 AM

I think it's a great concealer for covering blemishes as opposed to under the eyes. It is a bit cakey and powdery and I find it hard to blend with my dior skinlights foundation. Dior anti-fatigue concealer for the eyes is better in texture and thin however more expensive. When I go on holiday will buy the dior concealer for my eyes duty free and keep the clinique one just for blemishes. Apparently, it works well with the superfit foundation and yes it does blend well with that when I was at the make up counter...so perhaps try that use it in conjuction with a clinique foundation.

on 7/13/2006 5:03:00 PM

UPDATE: For all you people who are giving it negative reviews about it being too heavy - it's not supposed to be used to cover everything, just stuff around your eyes (although I use it as a blemish cover up).

on 7/1/2006 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Personally, I like this concealer. It is thick but that's what helps it have such good covering power. It only takes a little bit and it dries rather quickly but not so quickly that I don't have time to pat it in. The coverage is fantastic! Not a small chore for my dark undereye circles. It does not crease on me and it stays all day long. Honestly, this has to be one of the best liquid concealers I've tried. The tube that it comes in is great also. No complaints from me!