March 1, 2015 | 1240 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2006 1:32:00 PM More reviews by gohgoomah

after reading all the rave reviews regarding this gel eyeliner, i finally went out and purchased it for myself!! :) i'm really glad i did, i really like the texture of this eyeliner. it definitely looks like pencil but it has the precision of a liquid eyeliner. i love how you can play it up or down according to what side of the brush you use to apply it. the reason why i thought this was on the expensive side (though i'm sure you can get it cheaper on ebay) is that since it was my first time purchasing, i had to purchase both the brush and the liner. i'm thinking this will probably last me a long long time, so in that sense, i think it's very much worth the price! :) definitely doesn't budge, though sometimes i will have smudges underneath my eyes if i don't prime/conceal my eye area. otherwise, i'm very happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2006 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ktbzee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw all the great reviews for this product about it lasting all day and what not, so today I put it to the ultimate test. I woke up, washed my face, applied clarins sun screen, then the eyeliner. I cleaned then used my tiny little brow brush and lihed about 3/4 of the lid right ON the lash line, and quickly used a smudger to soften the lines. I went for my morning three mile jog and just FYI my face sweats profusley all the time it is hard for me to wear any make up at all in the summer. After the jog and after wiping my face several times on my tee shirt, I was amazed that the liner had stayed put, it was right on the lash line where I had placed it!!! And after careful examination of my tee shirt, I noticed no black at all. WOW I then headed to the gym for some weights and such, then rinsed off in the shower. I washed my face with neutrogena and wow, eyeliner still on, though if i wiped hard enough with my towel it would start to budge. I washed my face for bed just now and using lancome eye make up remover, it all came right off. I have never sucessfuly worn eyeliner before, but after today, I am sure going to start! HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 4:20:00 AM More reviews by sweetiekinsforever

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

bought this several years ago & i still haven't used this up. you definitely get your money's worth. plus, this product stays on for the most part. as with most eyeliners, bb's tends to result in a very light raccoon eyed look. but to it's defense, not as easily nor as quickly as the other brands/textures i've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 1:42:00 AM More reviews by lindsay23872

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really great eyeliner. It's a gel which imo is easier to work with and this bb one stays on forever. Mine hasn't dried up yet which i'm happy about and i've had it for about 3 months. I would repurchase although I doub't i'll ever use it up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2006 12:59:00 AM More reviews by bobbibrowneyes

On my top lids, liquid eyeliner was too harsh looking, and pencil smudged much too easily. The perfect solution was the gel eyeliner. It honestly lasts me the whole entire day with no smudges whatsoever. I also love the fact that it has a soft look like a pencil but I can use the eyeliner brush to wing the eyeliner on the outer corners like I used to do with liquid.
The price for the gel liner is great considering the tube lasts a long time and the quality is unbeatable. I think MAC might provide a slightly cheaper version.

edit: I hate how fast it dries out. Since using this product, I have moved onto the Stila Smudge Pot since it seems to be more deeply pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2006 9:46:00 PM More reviews by NewOne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first BB gel eyeliner purchase and I stopped using it because it was too heavy looking on my eyes (didn't know about the BB brush). I recently bought the Paula's choice precision liner, and went back to using this. I'm happy to say that with the brush, (which is a bargain) it works great on my upper lashes. It has "revolutionized" the way I do my eyes. I don't have smudges or run-off anymore, and I find I can afford to skip mascara since it makes my lashes look so thick. That is a blessing since I've never found a mascara that can stand up to my sweaty facial skin. I still find the color too heavy for my lower lashes. I'm going to try one of the other colors for my lower lids. This product is so amazing, I'd love to have more. (update: I tried sepia and it works great on upper and lower lids. Good for a daytime look)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by JulesKY

Great basic black gel liner. Goes on smoothly and evenly even for a novice with eyeliner like myself. The reason I'm giving this a four is because it is not completely waterproof. I apply this liner to my lashline at 6:30 a.m. and by 7:00 p.m. the majority of it has vanished though not enough to look like I'm not wearing liner. Overall a great eyeliner that I will purchase again if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 8:40:00 PM More reviews by chubbieeprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite eyeliner (I prefer it over liquid, pencil and all other gels!)... I use it all the time and vary the thickness of the line for different looks! It beats the Stila Smudge Pot gels by 1000 to 1. I'd venture to say I like it a bit more than even the Mac fluidlines (I have those too) because of the really thick shapely line you can get. Fluidlines are another great product, but it's like watercolor compared to the original BB gel liners. The trick to making it stay all day without running at all is to put a bit of translucent powder on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2006 6:21:00 PM More reviews by serenaxoxo

I love this eyeliner! Not my HG just yet, but definatly the closest so far. I still get racoon eyes at the end of the day but it's not nearly as bad as with other eyeliners. The consistency is so smooth and it goes on great, especially if u use the ultra thin eyelining brush from Bobbi Brown. Black ink is a bit harsh tho, so not for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2006 9:18:00 AM More reviews by betsha7

Let it be known first and foremost, that I am a die hard cat eye lover! I love Bridget Bardot eyes, and I think that this gel liner is by far the best eye liner for whatever your needs may be. It goes on smoothe and easy. This lasts all day on me. I like to do a heavy smoky eye as well and this is such a good base to hold onto black e/s. It doesn't budge, even when using on the water line of your eye. I don't use anything special when applying this eye liner, in fact, I use an essence of beauty eye brow brush (it's a slanted, long brush) I believe. And I manage to create a great eye, so I can only imagine what I might accomplish by using a different brush. Anyways, this is a great eye liner, that lasts, doesn't smudge and is a nice black black. Since using this, I've sworn off of pencils, this is my HG of liners.