December 18, 2014 | 1664 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 1:42:00 AM More reviews by lindsay23872

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really great eyeliner. It's a gel which imo is easier to work with and this bb one stays on forever. Mine hasn't dried up yet which i'm happy about and i've had it for about 3 months. I would repurchase although I doub't i'll ever use it up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2006 12:59:00 AM More reviews by bobbibrowneyes

On my top lids, liquid eyeliner was too harsh looking, and pencil smudged much too easily. The perfect solution was the gel eyeliner. It honestly lasts me the whole entire day with no smudges whatsoever. I also love the fact that it has a soft look like a pencil but I can use the eyeliner brush to wing the eyeliner on the outer corners like I used to do with liquid.
The price for the gel liner is great considering the tube lasts a long time and the quality is unbeatable. I think MAC might provide a slightly cheaper version.

edit: I hate how fast it dries out. Since using this product, I have moved onto the Stila Smudge Pot since it seems to be more deeply pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2006 9:46:00 PM More reviews by NewOne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first BB gel eyeliner purchase and I stopped using it because it was too heavy looking on my eyes (didn't know about the BB brush). I recently bought the Paula's choice precision liner, and went back to using this. I'm happy to say that with the brush, (which is a bargain) it works great on my upper lashes. It has "revolutionized" the way I do my eyes. I don't have smudges or run-off anymore, and I find I can afford to skip mascara since it makes my lashes look so thick. That is a blessing since I've never found a mascara that can stand up to my sweaty facial skin. I still find the color too heavy for my lower lashes. I'm going to try one of the other colors for my lower lids. This product is so amazing, I'd love to have more. (update: I tried sepia and it works great on upper and lower lids. Good for a daytime look)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by JulesKY

Great basic black gel liner. Goes on smoothly and evenly even for a novice with eyeliner like myself. The reason I'm giving this a four is because it is not completely waterproof. I apply this liner to my lashline at 6:30 a.m. and by 7:00 p.m. the majority of it has vanished though not enough to look like I'm not wearing liner. Overall a great eyeliner that I will purchase again if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2006 8:40:00 PM More reviews by chubbieeprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite eyeliner (I prefer it over liquid, pencil and all other gels!)... I use it all the time and vary the thickness of the line for different looks! It beats the Stila Smudge Pot gels by 1000 to 1. I'd venture to say I like it a bit more than even the Mac fluidlines (I have those too) because of the really thick shapely line you can get. Fluidlines are another great product, but it's like watercolor compared to the original BB gel liners. The trick to making it stay all day without running at all is to put a bit of translucent powder on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2006 6:21:00 PM More reviews by serenaxoxo

I love this eyeliner! Not my HG just yet, but definatly the closest so far. I still get racoon eyes at the end of the day but it's not nearly as bad as with other eyeliners. The consistency is so smooth and it goes on great, especially if u use the ultra thin eyelining brush from Bobbi Brown. Black ink is a bit harsh tho, so not for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2006 9:18:00 AM More reviews by betsha7

Let it be known first and foremost, that I am a die hard cat eye lover! I love Bridget Bardot eyes, and I think that this gel liner is by far the best eye liner for whatever your needs may be. It goes on smoothe and easy. This lasts all day on me. I like to do a heavy smoky eye as well and this is such a good base to hold onto black e/s. It doesn't budge, even when using on the water line of your eye. I don't use anything special when applying this eye liner, in fact, I use an essence of beauty eye brow brush (it's a slanted, long brush) I believe. And I manage to create a great eye, so I can only imagine what I might accomplish by using a different brush. Anyways, this is a great eye liner, that lasts, doesn't smudge and is a nice black black. Since using this, I've sworn off of pencils, this is my HG of liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Shosita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is very good, goes on very smooth and can create soft or dramatic look just depends on my mood. I got it in Black Ink and itís last very long. The brush is very easy to use due to the weight and tip. I use to use MAC liquid eyeliner but that one is more difficult to control and I end up spend so mush time on eye makeup and after that I have to give up, clean the mess up and go without the line on my eyes since it so hard to draw. Since Iíve got this one I always draw eyeliner easily nicely and sharply. Wonít buy again as next time want to try MAC Fluid (but it doesnít mean BB Geliner is not good..!!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sofysophia

been looking for a eyeliner that can last all day... i had always been a pencil eyeliner girl and had never used cream/gel form. so i was a bit skeptic when i first got it (thanks to the reviews here or i would never have got it in the first place!!). i didnt purchase the brush that they recommended. i only used an empty Shiseido liquid eyeliner tube for this gel eyeliner. the result is amazing! it wouldnt budge an inch ALL DAY. i dont think anything else on the market could beat it in this department. the low point is, however, it dries really quickly so you need to work fast! but obviously the pros outweigh the cons and i cant recommend it more enough! oh, and it is very easy to use as well :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 5:38:00 AM More reviews by cosmetiholic

This is a nice, long-wearing liner in a gel form that has the look of a liquid. I think it's a pretty one-of-a-kind product. For my purposes (mainly blending fake lases with my real lashline I find that I prefer L'oreal's Line Intensifique. I find if easier to apply and correct if you make a boo-boo. It's not quite as long wearing, but it also doesn't dry out like BB's (as I found out when I accidently left it out on the counter with the lid loose overnight. A snap-on lid like the one for MAC's eyeshadows would be a big improvement in packaging for this product for me.