September 22, 2014 | 1255 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Chuppup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! if you have clogged pores you have to try this! Calcium bentonite is a really really great mineral, look it up if you dont believe me! It is supposed to have a certain charge that is opposite of the gunk in our bodies so it attracts it and pulls it out. Some people apparently even eat it! and it was also the mineral that they chose to dump at the Chernobyl site after the radiation because it is supposed to help "soak it up" (for lack of better terms).
Anyways my skin so far as been pretty well behaved because i have a topical antibiotic from the derm, but i do get VERY nervous when i see little clogged bumps forming because i experienced a terrible breakout a few months ago while in college. So now whenever i see a few clogged pores or raised bumps i just mix this with a little AVC and water and spread it on and let it dry. The feeling is really weird, almost itchy but pulsing, like it says on the tub. I tried it on my boyfriend who has a lot of small clogged pores as well and he was trying to scratch it all off. But even he was impressed with the product when he washed it off. I am not sure how well it will work on infamed pimples but im assuming because it works so well on little clogs, it should be just as helpful for inflamed acne and draw it out. please please check this stuff out! Goodluck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes and I have brought this product already. I have always struggled with oil plugs in my nose and this makes such a difference. True, it's a little bit of a pain the in the butt mixing it with ACV but nothing detoxes better. Great stuff and cheap. I alternate between this and ahava mud .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Armywife3409

My face has been getting used to the mint julep mask and I am noticing that its effectiveness is hugely decreasing, so I was on the hunt for something that I could use to switch on and off with. Of course, I came onto MUA, which has never led me wrong!

Twice a week, I apply a mask to my entire face, but just about every day I apply a mask to my t-zone / lip area; that is where I get really gross and oily. No matter what I do to that area, I just can't seem to dry it out. I also use the Asprin and honey mask... so I did some research and tried to see if I could find anything about adding a few Asprin to this mask. Lo and behold, I found some information about it. So, I mixed up my own concoction. 1 1/8th tbsp bentonite clay, 1 1/8th tbsp apple cider vinegar, ground up uncoated Asprin, a tiny amount of organic honey, a dash of grapeseed oil, and a single pill of vit. e oil.

I first put the powder in a bowl, and then added the ACV. I ground up the Asprin with my mortar and pestle because it was too hard to see if it had fully dissolved in the muddy mixture. Then I put in the rest of the ingredients and mixed it all with an orangewood stick (the kind for manicures.) I was having a hard time with the consistency, so I went back to get more powder - but when I came back to the bathroom, it had fluffed up and solidified into this awesome mousse-like consistency. It felt awesome going on my skin - maybe a little itchy and cold, and as it dries it gets TIGHT and feels really weird... but I really love the combination of the two masks; the asprin mask wasn't firming enough or conditioning enough for me, while the bentonite clay just wasn't exfoliating enough. So, the combination of the two is AMAZING.

Its going to be hard to force myself to use my mint julep mask now - and I LOVE that stuff.

ps. when they say feel your face pulsating, they mean it. Be prepared to feel extremely strange and uncomfortable for the entire time this stuff is on your face. Also - the ACV kinda stings my eyes from where the mask is on my cheeks - I dont apply it anywhere near my eyes, of course... I guess its the vapors.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ck923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this, I initially used water to mix it up, and I didn't like it too much because it was difficult to mix up and was extremely clumpy. Now I'm using ACV and that has made a huge difference. I highly recommend to use this with ACV and not vinegar. I like this product, it's dirt cheap and will last FOREVER, but I still think Queen Helenas mint Julep mask works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by majestyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the BEST. You can mix it with anything, and it always works c:
I mix mine with ACV, baking soda, and whatever essential oils i have laying around! dirt cheap, and it's my HG mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product around 1 year ago and it is still half jar left! My receipt is mix 1 and half table spoons of clay with two teaspoons of ACV and some water. Adding ACV is very important! it helps mix up the paste more effectively and also it can reduce your pores. After put the mixed thing on my face about 10 mins and rinse then out, my face become sooo clear. like all the redness gone, and my pore is nearly invisible. It somewhat helps remove my blackheads. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Little0Miss

I don't often give products a 5, but I believe this is some POWERFUL stuff! I'm wearing the mask right now. This is probably the...4th time or so I've used it, and the first time I've used it with full strength apple cider vinegar, and let me tell you, the AVC makes a difference! Although I've felt the pulsating with just plain water, I am experiencing that "black hole" thing that I've heard people talk of, and I like it! The first time I used this mask, it got rid of two (tiny) pimples over night, and dried up a larger one by the next day. I'd say that's an accomplishment. However, I just recently broke out in a couple scattered pimples. They aren't large, but I hate pimples at all, so I want them gone ASAP. Thus, slathering on this gunk. I have a banquet to attend Friday and want to look my best, and I believe this mask will get my face back to being clear.

Another thing to add about this stuff: I got my first plantar wart (thank you dormatory bathrooms) and the acid I got from the doctor just wasn't doing much. I'm a big believer in natural healers and so I figured that if this stuff can pull the toxins out of pimples, it can probably pull the toxins out of a wart. And I was right. I'm simply amazed at how much smaller the wart is after only two applications. The thing just keeps getting smaller and smaller, and the doc said it would be difficult to remove. With this stuff, I'm certain I can have it gone shortly and without paying for medicines.

Hooray for calcium bentonite clay! Love it!

EDIT!:: After using this product a couple times, my skin broke out in a red, blotchy batch of continuous pimples. It was terrible, i kept applying the mask thinking it would help but it just made things worse. Honestly, I think I just overused the thing. I may use this as a deep exfoliation/pore cleanser like once a month, but my skin is just waay too sensitive to use this too often. Don't turn it down just because of one bad review though, my skin is sensitive to just about everything it turns out...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

This feels so good on my skin. It is like no other mask that I have ever tried. The sucking feeling feels so good on your face (at least to me) and when you wash it off your face is even red. Try it if you see it . I bought mine at Vitamin Shoppe for 7.99 which is a deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whenever my skin breaksout really bad I use this as a mask mixed with enough apple cider vinegar to make it into a paste. I leave it on for a few minutes and even though it doesn't get rid of my deep pimples, it does calm the rest of the surrounding skin around them. It gets rid of excess oil and shrinks pores. I have very sensitive skin and using this once in a while doesn't irritate my skin at all, but I'm sure if I used it more frequently it'd irritate it.

It's so inexpensive, you really can't lose trying it out. I would highly recommend using this mixed with apple cider vinegar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This stuff isn't bad.
Aztec Indian Healing Clay doesn't do a lot to foster a healthy pH for your face, it's quite alkaline, which skin doesn't like. An alkaline environment on the skin has been proven to accelerate aging, so I don't use this on a daily bais.
However, I do use it because it works like a dream to clean out the pores. It gets really tight on your face- REALLY tight. I like that. It clears out my blackheads. I use it when I have to and it does that job well.
It brings a brief redness to my face after use; I can really feel this clay mask increasing the circulation to the capillaries in the skin, which is good news.
Stinks to high heaven if you add apple cider vinegar to it, which I always do. I also add a couple drops of tea tree oil for additional benefits.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No