November 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ohlalaitsamd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this color esp. on my toes..beautiful and diff. i put 2-3coats on..perfect summer color..or any season really

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Glitter-packed ruby red, not too dark or light--just a deep, true ruby red. Lovely nail polish, very pigmented but inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by elmoroque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After looking at good ratings on here, I decide to buy this. I just applied this on my toe nails, and......holy cow!!!! Such a sexy color!!!! It reminds me of dorothy's red pumps. No wonder it named ruby pumps!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by starrlite77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I got this polish I had low expectations. I just new that it would be sheer like. Boy was I wrong! Its very red with some bling! Once I got that top coat on it that glitter stands out. I cannot stop looking at my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by calisparkle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most dramatic nail polish I own. It's a medium dark red, completely full of glitter. You definitely need a top coat or it won't look shiny. But taking it off is really annoying. The glitter stays on for a long time and is somewhat impervious to the remover- you have to kind of scrub it off. Ugh. Combined with the fact that it is too dramatic to wear daily, I think it is sort of too much work. I have only used it twice, in December since you can get away with dark glittery nails at work because, hey, at least it isn't a light up reindeer brooch. Really though, it's super nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the polish I put on when I want to go all out. It is just flat out gorgeous in every way. The sparkle is stunning. The shade of red is just perfect. It is made up of tons of glitter, yet you don't really see 'glitter' when you look at it, just high sparkle. You have to see this one on to appreciate how pretty it is.

This was the color that made me go from wearing light pink and nudes only... to red, blue, purple and everything under the rainbow. It was my first red. My first China Glaze (that I wore) and to this day, my favorite ♥

My husband usually notices when I change nail polish colors and he will occasionally say he loves it, or simply likes it. But every single time I wear Ruby Pumps, my husband grabs my hand at some point and stares LOL He's stopped me mid sentence and said "Your nails look great" before, out of the blue...only with this polish. So now it is my go to polish because we both love it ♥

This is the little black dress of polishes. And it wears like iron. I have worn this 2 weeks straight before without a chip. But that is pretty typical as far as glitter polishes go. I can't rave highly enough about this one, though:) Just a gorgeous color ♥ Would I repurchase? Yes. I already have a few times over.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

China Glaze Ruby Pumps is all that and a bag of chips! This polish is a true brilliant red absolutely LOADED with red glitter. This is the kind of polish that rocks a pair of sandals in the summer, but looks equally striking in some strappy stilettos at Christmas time. the glitter makes it a huge pain to get off .. but it's SOOOO worth it to have toes that look this pretty!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by helloxxkitty

This is my go to hg nail polish, I hope they don't discontinue this! It's a very deep and true red with a ton of glitter in it, so if you don't like glitter this isn't for you. It's very eye catching and I get lots of compliments on it. Mine doesn't seem to chip too much, it usually lasts 4-5 days before it starts to chip. This isn't streaky at all, although with one coat it looks a little pink but with two coats you'll get the real color. I'll be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a huge Wizard of Oz fan, having been in the musical about 4 times in my life. When I saw this color, I had to have it! It was easy to apply, and only took two coats to get a nice opaqueness to it. However, (and I notice this with other glitter polishes, too) this did chip after a week. Usually polish lasts a little longer on my toes. It's such a great glittery red, though, and it makes me smile when I see my toes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by kideema

Ok so i've always had a strange fear of branching out and wearing red nail polish. I don't even wear red lipstick so i figured i'd go ahead and try red polish. I really didn't want a firecracker red nail that someone could see a mile away, just wanted a really pretty flattering subtle red. The first coat of Ruby Pumps was way too cherry red for me so i did apply a second coat and put a clear shine polish ontop. Let's just say that i'm totally in love with it and can't stop looking at my nails! The sparkles in it aren't overdone but give a really nice lighter red gleam in the light. These should have been named Dorothy's Ruby Slippers in my opinion because that's exactly what two coats of it looks like. I will most definitley be purchasing this polish again and right now it's my favorite!