China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 7/13/2009 10:10:00 AM

I was super excited to buy this product because its so popular but it disappointed me. at first it was amazing i loved it just like any other china glaze polish but after 3 days it had totally faded. it looked dirty and really ..gross i guess. it might've been my basecoat but it was a good quality one so im not sure. i've only used it once so hopefully next time will be better. i will buy it again when it runs out because it is such a stand out colour, however :)

on 7/1/2009 2:01:00 PM

This is my favorite red nail polish!!
I normally don't like glittery makeup or nail polish because I think it can look tacky... but this polish is absolutely gorgeous. The glitter isn't chunky at all, and it looks so deep and rich and multi-dimensional when painted on.

I get so many compliments when I wear this.

A must-have!!

Upon first application of this polish I was disappointed as it was that slightly-pink/ red colour you get with cheap, less pigmented polishes but after a second coat I was seriously impressed. Full-on christmassy red chock full of sparkle, a beautiful colour. It was when it dried that I was a little disappointed, the shimmer was their but it seemed so full of glitter that it had a matt finish which was only restored with a top coat.

It lasted for two days before chipping, but then I can't keep polish on my nails so it may well last longer on everyone else.

It was when I came take it off I had issues - the stuff would not budge and cotton wool stick into the gungy polish! It took several goes of nail-drying acetone to strip it off my nails. However, I was pleased that when it finally came of their was no discolouration that you might expect with red polishes; my fingers were clean and ready to paint again.

A great colour but a nightmare to get off!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I always wanted a red glittery polish like this! I tried to get something like this with Orly, but was disappointed. Once I got this however, I was like, "EUREKA!" It was truly exciting. (Yes, I get excited over nail polish...)

I have received a lot of compliments on this color, and I love the subtle yet not-so-subtle glitter effect in the polish. This totally covers your nails with the color, so it's not a so-so sheer color like some other brands (Ahem, Orly). I love this color, it looks great on both fingernails and toenails. This should win an award, it's that good! What I've been looking for for awhile--thank you China Glaze color creators!

on 6/15/2009 10:56:00 PM

Gorgeous, gorgeous red. For those of you who've seen every color under the sun, this is a unique take on red. It's a fine (but not ultra fine) red glitter that takes on a gorgeous sparkle in the light. Maybe not for every day wear, and it might be a little too out of the box for most, but if you were to ever step out of the box with a nail polish, this is the one to try. As others have mentioned, it is a very true ruby red. And unlike other brands with poorer glitter formulas, this is extremely pigmented. However, three coats give the best results. It wears incredibly well--aside from some tip wear made more apparent by the color chipping off of the red glitter and leaving behind silver specks. But I have never had this polish peel or nick. Love it!

on 6/13/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

love this color esp. on my toes..beautiful and diff. i put 2-3coats on..perfect summer color..or any season really

on 6/3/2009 8:45:00 PM

Glitter-packed ruby red, not too dark or light--just a deep, true ruby red. Lovely nail polish, very pigmented but inexpensive.

on 5/25/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After looking at good ratings on here, I decide to buy this. I just applied this on my toe nails, and......holy cow!!!! Such a sexy color!!!! It reminds me of dorothy's red pumps. No wonder it named ruby pumps!

on 5/9/2009 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

When I got this polish I had low expectations. I just new that it would be sheer like. Boy was I wrong! Its very red with some bling! Once I got that top coat on it that glitter stands out. I cannot stop looking at my nails.

on 4/29/2009 10:44:00 AM

This is the most dramatic nail polish I own. It's a medium dark red, completely full of glitter. You definitely need a top coat or it won't look shiny. But taking it off is really annoying. The glitter stays on for a long time and is somewhat impervious to the remover- you have to kind of scrub it off. Ugh. Combined with the fact that it is too dramatic to wear daily, I think it is sort of too much work. I have only used it twice, in December since you can get away with dark glittery nails at work because, hey, at least it isn't a light up reindeer brooch. Really though, it's super nice.

Popular Polishes