China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 7/1/2009 2:01:00 PM

This is my favorite red nail polish!!
I normally don't like glittery makeup or nail polish because I think it can look tacky... but this polish is absolutely gorgeous. The glitter isn't chunky at all, and it looks so deep and rich and multi-dimensional when painted on.

I get so many compliments when I wear this.

A must-have!!

Upon first application of this polish I was disappointed as it was that slightly-pink/ red colour you get with cheap, less pigmented polishes but after a second coat I was seriously impressed. Full-on christmassy red chock full of sparkle, a beautiful colour. It was when it dried that I was a little disappointed, the shimmer was their but it seemed so full of glitter that it had a matt finish which was only restored with a top coat.

It lasted for two days before chipping, but then I can't keep polish on my nails so it may well last longer on everyone else.

It was when I came take it off I had issues - the stuff would not budge and cotton wool stick into the gungy polish! It took several goes of nail-drying acetone to strip it off my nails. However, I was pleased that when it finally came of their was no discolouration that you might expect with red polishes; my fingers were clean and ready to paint again.

A great colour but a nightmare to get off!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I always wanted a red glittery polish like this! I tried to get something like this with Orly, but was disappointed. Once I got this however, I was like, "EUREKA!" It was truly exciting. (Yes, I get excited over nail polish...)

I have received a lot of compliments on this color, and I love the subtle yet not-so-subtle glitter effect in the polish. This totally covers your nails with the color, so it's not a so-so sheer color like some other brands (Ahem, Orly). I love this color, it looks great on both fingernails and toenails. This should win an award, it's that good! What I've been looking for for awhile--thank you China Glaze color creators!

on 6/15/2009 10:56:00 PM

Gorgeous, gorgeous red. For those of you who've seen every color under the sun, this is a unique take on red. It's a fine (but not ultra fine) red glitter that takes on a gorgeous sparkle in the light. Maybe not for every day wear, and it might be a little too out of the box for most, but if you were to ever step out of the box with a nail polish, this is the one to try. As others have mentioned, it is a very true ruby red. And unlike other brands with poorer glitter formulas, this is extremely pigmented. However, three coats give the best results. It wears incredibly well--aside from some tip wear made more apparent by the color chipping off of the red glitter and leaving behind silver specks. But I have never had this polish peel or nick. Love it!

on 6/13/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

love this color esp. on my toes..beautiful and diff. i put 2-3coats on..perfect summer color..or any season really

on 6/3/2009 8:45:00 PM

Glitter-packed ruby red, not too dark or light--just a deep, true ruby red. Lovely nail polish, very pigmented but inexpensive.

on 5/25/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After looking at good ratings on here, I decide to buy this. I just applied this on my toe nails, and......holy cow!!!! Such a sexy color!!!! It reminds me of dorothy's red pumps. No wonder it named ruby pumps!

on 5/9/2009 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

When I got this polish I had low expectations. I just new that it would be sheer like. Boy was I wrong! Its very red with some bling! Once I got that top coat on it that glitter stands out. I cannot stop looking at my nails.

on 4/29/2009 10:44:00 AM

This is the most dramatic nail polish I own. It's a medium dark red, completely full of glitter. You definitely need a top coat or it won't look shiny. But taking it off is really annoying. The glitter stays on for a long time and is somewhat impervious to the remover- you have to kind of scrub it off. Ugh. Combined with the fact that it is too dramatic to wear daily, I think it is sort of too much work. I have only used it twice, in December since you can get away with dark glittery nails at work because, hey, at least it isn't a light up reindeer brooch. Really though, it's super nice.

on 4/14/2009 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the polish I put on when I want to go all out. It is just flat out gorgeous in every way. The sparkle is stunning. The shade of red is just perfect. It is made up of tons of glitter, yet you don't really see 'glitter' when you look at it, just high sparkle. You have to see this one on to appreciate how pretty it is.

This was the color that made me go from wearing light pink and nudes only... to red, blue, purple and everything under the rainbow. It was my first red. My first China Glaze (that I wore) and to this day, my favorite ♥

My husband usually notices when I change nail polish colors and he will occasionally say he loves it, or simply likes it. But every single time I wear Ruby Pumps, my husband grabs my hand at some point and stares LOL He's stopped me mid sentence and said "Your nails look great" before, out of the blue...only with this polish. So now it is my go to polish because we both love it ♥

This is the little black dress of polishes. And it wears like iron. I have worn this 2 weeks straight before without a chip. But that is pretty typical as far as glitter polishes go. I can't rave highly enough about this one, though:) Just a gorgeous color ♥ Would I repurchase? Yes. I already have a few times over.

Top Rated China Glaze Products