July 30, 2014 | 1051 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

I've been using this product twice a day on my very sparse eyebrows for eight weeks now. I see absolutely no difference at all. I am very disappointed given the rave reviews it has here.

I may try it on my eyelashes before deciding to pitch it.

At least it was only $4 so I'm not out much.

Edited to add...seemed to do nothing for my eyelashes either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by jinx_1331_xnij

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

whoa this is crazy...i've only used this stuff 3 times and already my lashes are getting longer, can really notice a difference already. not so much with the sparse areas on my brows, but oh well. couldn't find this stuff in a store near me so i ordered from drugstore.com,,,its really worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

YESSS !! It works !! I saw my eye lashes became longer and nicer day after day !! I finally have satisfaction curling them now !!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm surprised by all the positive reviews. This stuff is okay...

Okay, so I used to have the longest, lushest eyelashes until I got an infection in my eyes from this mascara that I was using that apparently had a high bacteria count in it. Most of my eyelashes fell out due to this.

This stuff has kind of helped, but my eyelashes won't grow back in some spots, and the eyelashes that do grow back are dull, stick straight, and thin.

Also, this stuff can get really stinky and full of bacteria very fast, so don't use it if it turns kind of yellowy, or if you've had it for a long time. Also, be sure to only use it on your eyelashes when they're clean, and to wipe the wand afterwards.

I miss my old eyelashes! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by kebby

I was fortunate enough to try this product out for the first time on a lovely sunny beach hoiday, which meant I was wearing no make up, but applied ardell as a clear mascara (which defines and lengthens subtly but nicely.)The intensive use of this product, day and night for a week really worked, I did not notice until I returned home, applied my every day mascara to go to work, that my lashes looked great! They looked healthier and fuller, the longer ones had not grown much, however all the shorter ones seemed to have joined them in length so it looked like I have a nice even set of lashes. I was very happy. I still am, however I have lost a lot of lashes at a time fairly recently, I am wondering if they have grown to thier maximum length and dropped out due to ardell?!? I am taking a break from this and using talika for a week, but I will continue using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bobonita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh.. it was okay! It made my lashes a little bit longer and somewhat thicker.. but nothing significant occured.. I've used it for a week and a half so far... so we'll see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2007 5:47:00 AM More reviews by michellabella

I decided to wait until I had used this product for a while before posting a review, because when I started to see some positive results just one week in, I wasn't sure if I was only fooling myself. Well, it's been about 3 months, and even if it is due to power of suggestion, my lashes look better than ever before. I am Asian, and so am afflicted with the Scrawny Lash Gene. I had considered using Talika or the Jan Marini stuff for like 100 times the price, but I'm glad I decided to start with this because for only $3.99 my lashes are noticeably improved.

For some reason, it's been more effective at lengthening my bottom lashes. I never even bothered putting mascara on the bottom lash line, but now I do because I finally have something worth showing there! On my top lashline, the result is more of a thickening--but seriously, in the past few months, I actually watched new little hairs sprout out and grow over time. There is actually a new row of lashes that is forming--it's kind of weird but great, like a science project! LOL

Now you must be diligent with putting this on (I have it on my lashes 24/7, with no irritation to my eyes; it's also an excellent primer, or on lazy days, a clear mascara--holds curl great!), and be patient for results. Even now, my lashes would still never be confused for falsies, but they look so healthy, and do not break or fall out as much. And when I curl them, they look THE BEST they've ever looked in my life!

I love Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator and thank MUA for introducing me to this stuff. Please Ardell, don't ever discontinue this! I have already purchased a another tube and highly recommend people try this before blowing money on the other lash growth alternatives. I'm going to continue using this, and I'll update if I notice any other striking developments.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by be_just_be

This is fantastic stuff! I use it both as a primer for mascara during the day and it helps thicken, lengthen, and hold a curl - and at night as well just to give it the maximum time to work. It has definitely made my lashes and brows grow and is a wonderful base/primer. In comparison to other brands that claim to do the same thing, some over $100 a tube, this stuff is a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by worldwidepigs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a week continually and this really does make my lashes a little longer, and a lot stronger. They don't fall out as much and they are soft. They do not thicken however; this is not a miracle product. It is just a protein that helps lashes grow to full potential length. I would defenitely recommend Ardell over those expensive brands like Talika. Can be purchased on drugstore.com.

okay. I've continued to use ardell and it has been a year now. I am just beginning my second tube. I don't use it religiously so i haven't been able to achieve full potential results, but my lashes have gotten longer even though i only use it a few days every month. its really cheap and you can buy it at drugstore.com

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

I purchased this from drugstore.com for $3.99 so I suppose if it didn't work it wouldn't be a huge loss. the downside is that it's sooo hard to find since I have no Ulta stores near me.

As for the product itself, it took me more than 3 weeks to see minor results. It did make my brows grow in fuller and quicker but didn't do a lot for my lashes. They don't look as dead as they used to, which is good but my right lashes are still sparse. I didn't put any product on my left lashes since they are in better shape than the right lashes and also just to make it easier to tell a difference in results. I do have to say though it thickens the base of the lashes I do have. The brush itself needs improvement..it's similar to the brush of Maybelline's Great Lash which I don't like because the bristles are so far apart and don't hold much product and therefore doesn't distribute evenly. I just take some of the gel and rub it directly on the roots of my lashes and lower lashline. Overall, I would purchase this again since it conditions my lashes well, looks great when I curl my lashes and just swipe on two coats, and can double as a primer..my lashes are SUPER long when I wear this under mascara.

*update* 6/17/07- Well it's been over 2 months and most of my product is gone and I have to say I'm kind of disappointed..my lashes have very very minor improvement and the gel or whatever it is in the tube turned a weird cloudy color and has a strange sour smell to it..it conditions my lashes but definetely does not help with growth whatsoever.