The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have been buying this product on and off for years.... I use to work for TBS... and this is one of the products I still go back for. I agree with most of the reviewers here.... using the oil before or after the blemish is the best... I use it on my face at night and early morning. I feel the scent is a bit to strong for use under MU. I also like the scrub.

This stuff doesn't work on my pimples. It works on the red blotches they leave behind. I'll have a spot left from a zit for weeks, months even, until I start applying this oil to it every night. In a few days, maybe a week, it is gone. I can't get enough of it, and the bottle is way too small. I need several back up bottles because I get so many blemishes. I've tried pure tea tree oil and it makes my face burn so the Body Shop's dilution is great for me. The price is quite ridiculous, $7 a bottle, but I must have it. HG hands down.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my HG acne product. excellent disinfectant on popped pimples. popped pimples go down in 2-3 days. also works well on unpopped pimples. however, the glass bottle leaks, which caused a lot of havoc when travelling. this works better than the blemish stick, it's also more sanitary than the stick.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Seems to dry up my occasional breakout seemingly overnight - at least really decreases it. While I'm not IMPRESSED with it, I can't say anything bad about this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

It helps soothes my acnes and nothing else. I have yet to find a good acne cure.

I don't know if it was this, the foaming cleanser, or the combination of products, but the tea tree line caused massive drying throughout my face. The bottle is tiny and even though I only used a few drops per night, it ran out very fast. I think my skin is too sensitive for this, even though I do have quite oily skin now that it's the summer. I don't recommend any tea tree oil products for anyone with dry/sensitive/normal, or even combination skin. I think it's best suited for very oily skin types that can handle strong ingredients.

Agree with Sylwia. I'll buy it again but I'll also try pure tea tree oil.

It took me almost two years to finish off it's little, quite expensive bottle but I do not get zits very often to treat my skin with it.
It is not just a tea tree oil, it is dilluted in alcohol, which may dry your skin around the area you have applied it to.
I must confess that I am only using it on a q tip when squizing a spot - bad habit, but with this product an inflammation is gone within a night and later everything is healing nicely.
I would recommend it but one has to try it as each skin is different and may react differently. With mine - it, sort of, works.

i think it's only okay in helping to prevent pimples. you have to apply it early and consistently. if you have a huge zit threatening to pop out, applying this stuff won't be of much help though. i dab this directly on my blemishes, after toner and before moisturiser every day and night, sometimes i alternate it with TBS' Sage & Comfrey blemish gel. overall, an okay product which i will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's great, i mix it w/ my face cream and other stuff.It's really cool, and useful!