October 26, 2014 | 1365 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2004 1:01:00 AM More reviews by adis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of a few good things about having dry skin is that I rarely experience problems with pimples, blemish, zits, acne ... Of course, I still have them pop out at least once a month, to send the signal that I'll be having my period very soon .. That's why I used to keep this on my drawer. A little amount needed, coz it stings and dries out my skin, sometimes leaving ugly flaky skin afterwards. But sometimes it could be quite effective. The price is reasonable too. However, I like Neutrogena On The Spot better and their price are alomost the same. So after a year or two constant usage of this Tea Tree Oil, I'd switched to Neutrogena.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by tigry

I really like this for zapping pimples. It does a good job of drying the pimple so it can begin healing. Does smell very strong though!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2004 8:53:00 AM More reviews by naughtiikisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does help get rid of little pimples but not significantly. It helps speed up the process. But one thing I dislike about it is that it stings upon application and the smell is horrible. i applied it last night and my bf asked me wth I used cuz it reeked. lol. This product is pretty good for people who have fairly clear skin but a pimple here and there.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2004 4:56:00 AM More reviews by airhockey523

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've used this product for a while now, and have generally been happy with it. yes, it does wreak :( it's effective in drying out little zits and bumps, but i still use stronger anti-acne creams for the more severe pimples. i 've tried all of TBS's TTO line and have found this to be the most effective one so far.
I wasn't aware that health food stores sell 100% tea tree oil. so i'm going to have to try those before buying another TBS one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2004 9:07:00 PM More reviews by rjdawes

I use this on my scalp when it is dry and itchy. I just dab it onto the itchy areas, and it really helps. It doesn't make my hair oily at all. It soaks right into the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2003 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Sassybottom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this product for over 5 years now. It is my secret weapon against nasty pimples. This stuff works really really well. I would consider my skin sensitive and thin but I am able to slather this stuff all over my face without it stinging ... well, at first it stung but I've been using the product for so long I have gotten used to it. I definitely do not use this product everyday but when my skin is feeling a little dry and blemished, I will use the oil to moisturize my skin and kill the nasty pimple bacteria. It works great !!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 6:35:00 PM More reviews by bzbibi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

before i found the pure oil in health stores, i got it from here. now i have found tea tree oil for much less at health stores. 100 percent too! tea tree oil is super strong so try not to use it directly...put it in toner or cleansing foam etc...but dont put it into the container...it becomes a little inactive when mixed with your own lotion etc. most effective when you mix a drop with the toner...for ex on a cotton pad or something

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Did absolutely nothing for me, and I was terrified that I'd reinfect myself cos' I hadn't realized I should use a Q-tip instead of the applicator. Which brings me back to my original contention - why can't they make more use friendly packaging or at least provide suggestions on how a product should be used hygienically? Life's hard for a newbie, you know. Good thing I'm way past that stage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 4:13:00 PM More reviews by vampsandtramps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The name leads you to believe this is pure tea tree oil, but it has more alcohol than anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2003 6:00:00 AM More reviews by mathsburger

This stuff is great. I bought a little bottle of it a year and a half ago, and theres still some left. Whenever I get a pimple I just put a little bit on, and then blot it with a tissue to get rid of the excess. It doesn't make the pimple disappear instantly, but it reduces the redness pretty quickly. However, friends with dry/sensitive skin have found it really dries out their skin.