July 25, 2014 | 983 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2004 9:07:00 PM More reviews by rjdawes

I use this on my scalp when it is dry and itchy. I just dab it onto the itchy areas, and it really helps. It doesn't make my hair oily at all. It soaks right into the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2003 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Sassybottom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this product for over 5 years now. It is my secret weapon against nasty pimples. This stuff works really really well. I would consider my skin sensitive and thin but I am able to slather this stuff all over my face without it stinging ... well, at first it stung but I've been using the product for so long I have gotten used to it. I definitely do not use this product everyday but when my skin is feeling a little dry and blemished, I will use the oil to moisturize my skin and kill the nasty pimple bacteria. It works great !!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 6:35:00 PM More reviews by bzbibi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

before i found the pure oil in health stores, i got it from here. now i have found tea tree oil for much less at health stores. 100 percent too! tea tree oil is super strong so try not to use it directly...put it in toner or cleansing foam etc...but dont put it into the container...it becomes a little inactive when mixed with your own lotion etc. most effective when you mix a drop with the toner...for ex on a cotton pad or something

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Did absolutely nothing for me, and I was terrified that I'd reinfect myself cos' I hadn't realized I should use a Q-tip instead of the applicator. Which brings me back to my original contention - why can't they make more use friendly packaging or at least provide suggestions on how a product should be used hygienically? Life's hard for a newbie, you know. Good thing I'm way past that stage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 4:13:00 PM More reviews by vampsandtramps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The name leads you to believe this is pure tea tree oil, but it has more alcohol than anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2003 6:00:00 AM More reviews by mathsburger

This stuff is great. I bought a little bottle of it a year and a half ago, and theres still some left. Whenever I get a pimple I just put a little bit on, and then blot it with a tissue to get rid of the excess. It doesn't make the pimple disappear instantly, but it reduces the redness pretty quickly. However, friends with dry/sensitive skin have found it really dries out their skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 12:33:00 AM More reviews by blondeambitioned

When it comes to stuff that smells awful, this takes the cake. I cannot stand the smell at all.

You're probably wondering why I gave this 3 lipsticks anyway. Tea tree oil has great antiseptic properties, which makes this stuff a godsend for anyone who has their navel pierced (like me). It's the best thing to use during the healing process, it lubricates the area while keeping nasty infections away.

As for use on acne, I doubt putting oil on oily skin helps much. But at least this stuff has better uses :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mishlee21

wow, i was shocked to see the wavering reviews on this item as i personally adore it! i have been faithful to this product for awhile as it really, sincerely has helped my acne ... those big, painful, under-the-skin red bumps i get every so often. when i get one of those, i slather some drops of this oil on it periodically throughout the day and the pimple really fades fast. in conjuction with 2 nice, deep facial cleansings a day and an alternative night treatment, your pimple should fade fast when using this product. the smell can be a little strong and unpleasant when first trying it, but i've got used to it and now actually kind of LIKE the minty, fresh odor! basically, it's a really powerful, great disinfectant that really gets to the root of the acne to kill those germs. and at $6, it's relatively cheap. i would suggest it for anyone trying to combat a pimple!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2003 11:32:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can we say massive case of acne? I bought a bunch of the smaller sized Tea Tree products (face wash, lotion...) for my boyfriend and I. Within two days our skin was a wreak, all broken out and red. I didn't even want to leave the house. I usually just suffer the loss if something doesn't work out but I brought these products back to the store for a refund.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2003 10:15:00 PM More reviews by rmyeung

It is not a miracle product for eliminating acnes. But, it works well for keeping acnes at bay. When my skin can't tolerate any more retin-A, I apply this product in the meantime. It soothes my skin and possibly alleviates the redness caused by retin-A (the other explanation is that the redness goes away simply because I stop applying retin-A). Anyway, based on my experience, for persistent break outs, only retin-A and contraceptive pills work. But, definitely consult your doctor first before using these medicines.