BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 12/25/2003 5:04:00 AM

I'm asian LLL and bought this in "hide n seek" a 'yellow beige' and the lightest colour in BeneFit's Playsticks range. Unfortunately this is just noticably too light for my skin tone, but works wonderfully as a concealer. I've noticed it does flake a bit on my drier cheek areas but the texture is remarkably easy to apply. Coverage I would say is medium, and skin discolorations are minimized with this. Oh, and I LOVE the packaging! Nice and sleek looking and feels "heavy" in my hands :) The one lipstick off is for the slight flakiness...the wrong colour choice is my fault. Won't purchase this again because there are better foundations out there!

on 12/10/2003 6:23:00 PM

I've given this an average score, since I hated it, but my neighbour whom I gave it to loved it. I have quite dry/combi skin, and I found this just caked and really emphasised my dry patches. Plus it felt heavy, and my face felt dirty. Neighbour loves it though, she has quite oily skin (I think ;o)and slaps a load on. It does look quite nice on her, but it is a very mask-esque look. I like mine a little more natural. ax

on 12/7/2003 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really love this stuff. The trick, for me, is to use more, not less. Too little just doenst cover a dang thing, but a little more and it covers really well, has a great finish, and it is the best skintone match i ahve ever got from a foundation (Papaerdolls). I love it so much, i just bought three tubes off of ebay (bc its way too expensive at the store-$30!!!)

on 10/18/2003 1:53:00 AM

I love a lot (not all) of the Benefit products and I have to say that this is my HG concealer/foundation. They make a lot of products that are good for oily skin and I have oily/sometimes-combination skin and this stuff glides on so smooth and controls the shine a bit. I've tried everything from the most expensive down and this is definitely the best. You only use a little and it covers like magic w/o looking too cakey. I have fairly light skin and use "hide n seek," which is perfect, and mix with "jax" for covering the dark circles/blemishes (although jax would be way too light for allover the face). Does not make me breakout and does not feel overtly heavy - just perfect!! UPDATE: In the dry weather of CA, I've found that this can accentuate any dryness that I have, which is a little annoying. Still, a good foundation/cover all around.

on 9/17/2003 2:24:00 PM

My tea party play stick tucks easy in every purse I own - lucky for me! It's easy to use with great coverage. I depend on it.

on 9/3/2003 6:40:00 PM

horrible. feels cakey on the skin and i felt like my face was dirty all the time. will never try this again

These are my all time fave foundation. I have this really difficult to find skin tone. Pale with undertones of pink and yellow. Everything is always orange or yellow and they don't blend. Jax is my color and it blends right in. I have some mild breakouts on my forehead but they cover so easily. At $30 a stick it's a little pricey. But I am willing to spend the money to get the coverage. Don't be fooled! Drug store brands aren't as good as some people say. There is a difference and although you can get better quantity with them BeneFit is quality make-up worth every penny!

on 6/19/2003 10:22:00 PM

This is a great all-purpose product. I can use it as a foundation or mix it with my boi-ing! concealer for under eye circles. I'm not crazy about the smell (it's a little noxema smelling), but it's so versatile and easy to blend I end up using it anyway.

on 5/4/2003 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought BeneFit's Play Stick in 'Spin the Bottle', a very light color. The color matched y complection pretty much dead on. The one thing that I do not like about this foundation, is that it's heavy and very much so has an oily feeling. You can definetly feel this product. It was simply to much for me, I felt like I had a mask on. It also had a scent to it, which really irritated my skin. To a person, who would by this product, I do not recommend this as a full cover base for face. Maybe as a spot concealer.

on 4/30/2003 4:05:00 AM

I am a NC40,Stila E with both cool and warm tones...with just a dab of Olive, making my face hard to match. Jump Rope matches perfectly for some reason. I also have two tone skin, the top being a yellowish (with a bit of blush) and the bottom and forehead being a oranger color. It also has hyperpigmentation (I swear I am not the elephant man!) I cant wear foundation as years and years of acne and pumpkinhead syndrome has made me feel odd and unnatural. This feels soft going on and maybe because of my accutane in the past doesnt feel oily. I use it as a larger area covering facial concealer and it covers my hyperpigmentation and looks really natural.And it even out my skin tone without being unnatural either...which is impossible. It is a bit yellow and opaquish for my skin in the summer so I cant give it HG status but I have used this for at least 4 years. After that long and only being on my second makes it is worth the 30. HTH!