LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 6/2/2007 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mask is fab! I bought it as my skin was acting up and it gave me squeaky clean, clear skin! The mask is fresh and comes in a plastic tub. I gave it 5 lippies for packaging as this minimal style keeps the price down and is recyclable - plus as this product has a use-by date and should be kept in the fridge, who cares what it looks like! The mask itself smells a bit odd but not unpleasant and is a thick brown paste. You just smear it on and leave for ten minutes. It has antibacterial mud in it and when I washed it off my skin was glowing and my pores gunk-free! Even my boyfriend commented on how clear my skin was! This is the first mask I have found that actually does the job and does not dry my skin out so top marks! It is reasonably cheap too so is now my HG mask! Yay! P.S. I did not use any for a month as LUSH stuff is not easy to come by where I live and my skin nightmare returned! I am stocked up again and looking forward to trying some of the LUSH cleansers as well!

on 5/4/2007 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am in love with Cupcake! It's quite possibly the best mask I've ever used. This was the first Lush mask I had ever tried.. I liked the idea of completely fresh masks.. I wasn't sure which one to buy and I have to admit that one of the deciding factors was Cupcake's delicious chocolatey scent.. silly, but it is just soo good. And I can't stand having something on my face for ten minutes that smells gross, like some of the other masks do. Cupcake is a great mask - it really deep cleans your skin and leaves it feeling so clean but soft as well and not tight at all. My skin was really blotchy and angry and after using this for a week, my skin is back to being soft, clear and healthy. I've been using it almost every day, I love it so much, and haven't gotten any ill effects from using it so often. At first glance, the tub looks small and it says that you're supposed to get only four uses out of the pot but I've been using it way more than that - maybe I'm not applying it as thickly as intended? It is working really well for me, anyways. At first I was concerned that I wouldn't use it all up before the expiration date, but that doesn't seem like it's going to be a problem. It's really fun to use, like smearing an actual cupcake all over your face! I am definitely going to be repurchasing Cupcake, again and again!!

on 3/25/2007 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this didnt do much for me, it felt clean after i used it, but did not help me get rid of my blackheads and such, and i use it almost everyday! i used up half the pot and had to throw the rest away because of the expiry date.

on 3/12/2007 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Overall, this is quite a nice product. Strong chocolate smell, which is lovely, and you can smell it for while even after you've washed it off. It's effectiveness spot-wise, i'm not so sure about but it does make you feel clean, if a little tight and waxy. Also a bit hard to spread on face.

Lush masks are THE BEST. This one has a lovely chocolate-fudgey consistency that makes it fiddly but fun to smear on (really thick and gooey), and a scent of chocolate brownies and peppermint. It's got lots of rassoul mud in it, so it's a really strong *drawing out of crapola in your pores* mask - it may look and smell cutesy and cakelike, but its innocent exterior conceals quite a tough little mask which will calm and give your face a SERIOUS deep-cleanse.

The pot is supposed to be for 3-5 applications, but I personally found it good for a lot more than that. If you've got a Lush shop near you, blag a free sample and what they'll give you just as a freebie will probably last you two or three "goes".

The only reason this doesn't get a full five stars is that Brazened Honey for me is so much better; it does everything Cupcake does, but is a better consistency, soothes even better, and gives a really nice *glow* to my skin that Cupcake doesn't quite deliver to the same extent. If your skin is really oily and "problem" and the idea of chocolately fun on your skin sounds irresistable, try Cupcake, you'll love it!.... but for older skins, and for once the chocolate "gimmick" has passed it's novely, Brazened Honey is even better than this. continued >>

on 1/31/2007 2:58:00 AM

Yayyy finally something that actually works!!

This mask feels and smells great on my combo skin. I really just wanted something to clear up the small pimples I have on my nose and it did the first time I used it. I suppose I was abit dissapointed because it stopped working after the first time, but really - I didn't have anything for it to do! It had already banished my boo boos.

Cupcake made my skin clear up and left my skin soft and glowing.

Well worth the price tag. I was able to get 3 weeks worth of masks out of this.

on 12/11/2006 3:14:00 AM

This mask smells great and feels great. I have oily/combo skin and it calmed it down and sucked up some oil. I took one lippie off because I think there are slightly better masks out there (i.e. ones that reduce redness, give more of a glow, etc) but this definitely does keep my skin looking good and is fun to have around the house! Definitely lots of applications in one little tub!

on 12/6/2006 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily, blemished skin, and after reading all the glowing reviews, I decided to pick it up on a trip to Orlando. I was excited to try it, but was little disappointed in the results. I didn't have any bad reactions to it, but didn't see any drastic results either. I don't think it did good job on cleaning out my pores, but did a decent job on my blemishes. I bought it back in July, and I just finished it off last week! You only need a little once a week so it will last longer than they say it will.It is a bit a relief that it didn't work as well on me since there is no LUSH in Atlanta yet, I wouldn't be able to repurchase so for now I will stick with my tried and true Origins Clear Improvement mask.

on 11/29/2006 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This smells delicious. Your skin feels so soft and smooth after this treatment. However I noticed it has cocoa butter in it so I am afraid to try another pot of this in fear of break outs.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great mask! I have oily, breakout-prone skin that had been especially bad recently, so I bought Cupcake on a trip to Lush. I was thrilled at how good my skin felt immediately after using it. It cleaned my large, perpetually-clogged pores like nothing else. And after waking up the next day my skin looked better than ever! Don't be put off by how small the product looks, you actually need very little for one use, so it'll last for a long time. Also, don't go by the 3-week expiration, this'll last well beyond (as long as it smells & looks right, and it's still performing well, then it's still good). My one complaint is that I find the fragrance nauseating (cloying, fake "chocolate-mint" that smells more like stale honey or soemthing to me), but I can deal with it because this is a really terrific mask.

Popular Masks