LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the best masks I have every tried (and I've tried ALOT). The smell is great--chocolate mixed with that typical Lush Store smell. I love that its kept refrigerated because it feels so nice and cool when you put it on. The texture is a bit thick but if you dampen your face before you put it on, it applies much easier. Best thing though is that I have super oily skin and I break out during certain times of the month, and this mask has helped me so much and kept me from breaking out on my chin and the sides of my face. Plus it makes my skin tone more even. The only thing I don't like about it is that its always sold out at my Lush store!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The only thing I like about this mask is the yummy chocolate cake smell.Other than that I find the whole product is such a waste.The consistency is extremely difficult to spread on face.It's so thick so that it doesn't apply evenly and it's so dry so that it hurts while I try to apply it and it goes splotchy and falls down off my face while I wait it to dry. Keeping it in fridge makes the situation worst, and waiting for it to melt is a PITA as well. A good consistency/texture is half of the deal when it comes to face masks.And Cupcake's is unacceptable for me.I'll use this one up by using on my T-zone only (since it gave me a pimple on my chin on my first use!). And of course I won't repurchase!

So, I finally stopped lurking around the new LUSH store and bought this mask. I agree with everyone else who said that this isn't the most attractive color or texture, but I think the smell is awesome. I've only used this once, after exfoliating with Ocean Salt. I would compare the consistency with..peanut butter, I guess. It wasn't too much of a hassle to spread, but it def wasn't as easy to smooth on as DDF Sulfur Mask. I lost track of how long I left it on since I was watching TV, but I'll guesstimate it was around an hour. It smelled delicious the WHOLE time:) It did crumble a bit while drying, but wasn't a total mess like a straight up aspirin mask. It wasn't a hassle to wash off nor did it leave a big brown mess anywhere in my bathroom, both of which I was expecting due to some reviews stating those issues. I put a teensy bit of Cetaphil lotion on directly after patting my face dry, and wow. Maybe it's just a placebo effect because I had such high expectations..but my skin looks GOOD! It looks so much smoother (might be due to the scrub, too), clearer. I can't quite put my finger on it, but my face just looks so much healthy. I'm hoping with each use, my face will keep getting better and better!:) I will def update this after I use it more.

EDIT 3/8/08: Moved the rating down to a three. After straying from strictly LUSH products, I used many other clay based masks and I've come to the realization that Cupcake isn't anything special. The results from this and any other clay mask are pretty much the same.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This wasn't amazing, it performed just like the other clay masks I've tried. Though it is certainly less irritanting. It did reduce redness and calm my skin. I'm just not wowed. Also, the scent, while many may find yummy, I find disgusting. It doesn't smell like chocolate AT ALL and the scent lingers for 2 days (I'm serious). Also, I think the price is steep considering that you only have 3 weeks to use the product. The tub is around $12 CDN and lasts for at least 5-7 uses (in the end I just slapped on a thick layer because I had to finish it). While I like the whole freshness idea I think I would like to try the other masks instead.

this mask works great for cleaning out pores and preventing breakouts. best for combination and oily skins i think. my face felt super clean but not dry after using it. and the scent is sooo yummy, it looks and feels like cake batter too. yum. I'll re-purchase this for hot summer, high humidity days.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The LUSH newspaper claims that this product is perfect for "acne prone teenage skin" and I thought this product would suit me well. I was already starting to like the mask when I saw it in the store: it was the cheapest LUSH fresh mask and it smelt like minty chocolate. It was also fun to put on and made it look like you've been playing in the mud all day long XD

Despite the goodness of this mask, I don't think it did much for my skin even after four applications over two weeks. My skin pretty much looked the same and y spots unaffected. The LUSH newspaper said that each pot is worth four uses but I had half the pot left after the recommended time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this was a total impulse purchase on my part. I was having a nervous breakdown about my skin freaking out from Avene Ystheal gel and when presented with a Lush store and the option of retail therapy this is on the products I picked up. Now, honestly I've had very bad luck with Lush skincare products, and wasn't really expecting much, but it satisfied the "I will buy this product on the hope and prayer it will fix my skin" urge I was feeling at the time. BUT it worked! it's just the right combination of moisturizing ingredients + clays that leaves my dryish sensitive skin totally balanced and radiant. Plus that silly little tub of mask lasted me almost 3 months; not bad for like $10. This is very close to being HG for me, but I'm a mask junkie with commitment issues.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mask is fab! I bought it as my skin was acting up and it gave me squeaky clean, clear skin! The mask is fresh and comes in a plastic tub. I gave it 5 lippies for packaging as this minimal style keeps the price down and is recyclable - plus as this product has a use-by date and should be kept in the fridge, who cares what it looks like! The mask itself smells a bit odd but not unpleasant and is a thick brown paste. You just smear it on and leave for ten minutes. It has antibacterial mud in it and when I washed it off my skin was glowing and my pores gunk-free! Even my boyfriend commented on how clear my skin was! This is the first mask I have found that actually does the job and does not dry my skin out so top marks! It is reasonably cheap too so is now my HG mask! Yay! P.S. I did not use any for a month as LUSH stuff is not easy to come by where I live and my skin nightmare returned! I am stocked up again and looking forward to trying some of the LUSH cleansers as well!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am in love with Cupcake! It's quite possibly the best mask I've ever used. This was the first Lush mask I had ever tried.. I liked the idea of completely fresh masks.. I wasn't sure which one to buy and I have to admit that one of the deciding factors was Cupcake's delicious chocolatey scent.. silly, but it is just soo good. And I can't stand having something on my face for ten minutes that smells gross, like some of the other masks do. Cupcake is a great mask - it really deep cleans your skin and leaves it feeling so clean but soft as well and not tight at all. My skin was really blotchy and angry and after using this for a week, my skin is back to being soft, clear and healthy. I've been using it almost every day, I love it so much, and haven't gotten any ill effects from using it so often. At first glance, the tub looks small and it says that you're supposed to get only four uses out of the pot but I've been using it way more than that - maybe I'm not applying it as thickly as intended? It is working really well for me, anyways. At first I was concerned that I wouldn't use it all up before the expiration date, but that doesn't seem like it's going to be a problem. It's really fun to use, like smearing an actual cupcake all over your face! I am definitely going to be repurchasing Cupcake, again and again!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this didnt do much for me, it felt clean after i used it, but did not help me get rid of my blackheads and such, and i use it almost everyday! i used up half the pot and had to throw the rest away because of the expiry date.

Popular Masks