LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 11/7/2006 6:22:00 AM

I know there are plenty of people out there who simply adore LUSH, and I have to admit that their products do look and smell lovely, but I simply had to write this review JUST IN CASE what happened to my boy happens to somebody. We were in LUSH picking out a present for one of my girlfriends when my boy came across this and really really wanted to try it. So I got a little tub and we both slathered it on that night. The mask smelled lovely, but after we both washed it off, my boy discovered a spot (like a mole) on his chin (it was NOT there before we put on the mask). We emailed LUSH who said they hadn't heard of it and I emailed Paula (the cosmetic cop lady) who had no idea what it was but said that the product had plenty of irritating ingredients in it. I'm not saying that this will happen to everybody. I'm just saying it might. And that spot still hasn't gone away unfortunately (it's been a few months). My boy has sensitive skin which may have triggered that but so do I, so we're slightly confused about the whole thing. He wasn't allergic to the Black Magic Massage Bar or the Dreamtime Balm though, so it might just be this mask. So ladies, please be wary!

on 10/11/2006 4:59:00 PM

LOVE cupcake! I was a bit skeptical to try this product simply bc most masks dry my face out/irritate me but I tried it anyway & am highly impressed. The mask smells like yummy chocolate & I adore the consistency. I leave it on for about 8 minutes or so & once I take it off I immediately notice how much smoother my skin feels & the gorgeous glow that lasts a day or two after. My only issue is that this product is only good for a few weeks but it is awesome on my skin so I will definitely be buying again.

on 9/11/2006 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

While this isn't my favourite of Lush bio-fresh it is fabulous. It cleans, leaves my skin smooth, and smells divine. I'm not sure it does much for break-outs however, and I wouldn't listen to the SAs who say you can't use it if you have dry skin. It's not stripping at all. It's just a good, basic, face mask that's preservative free.

I'd definitely buy again.

Reasonably good product. I wouldnt say its HG material. Works for a while then just doesnt anymore. Crap packaging as with all LUSH cleansers and it only lasts 4 weeks :(

on 7/21/2006 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smells good-chocolate and mint. I can really feel it clean my skin, but it also irritates it. My skin was left red. Not too good. Fortunately, the redness subsided after a hour. Took care of the whiteheads and gunkiness, though. So if you're looking for a nice, organic alternative, try this.

on 7/17/2006 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think this is a really good product at a very reasonable price. I bought Cupcake mask from a Lush store. It was my first experience with the brand. I think I paid around $8.50 for a small tub and the salesperson told me that it was 6 - 8 applications. I've already used it 3 times and my husband used it once and it's not even a quarter empty. (There are way more than 8 applications.) Cupcake smells like chocolate and mint, I really like the smell. I have oily/combination skin which tends to be worse in the summer. This product absorbs excess oil, shrinks my pores and leaves my skin glowing for a day or 2 after use.

on 5/29/2006 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Lush is one of my favorite brands when it comes to what it does for your skin. Cupcake is definately one of the products you have to try when you have combination or oily skin. I'm not a fan of its smell and like with all the other LUSH products, the packaging is one hundred percent crap. But in the end it is all about how the product works and it works really, really good. Not as good as my favorite mask (Dr. Hauschka's Rejuvenating Mask), but after I used this, my face brightens up and feels babybottom-soft. The next day I do think that its a little oilier though.
Price is so-so, you don't get much for a 9,50 euro's tub.

on 5/7/2006 1:48:00 PM

Another yummy product from lush! Smells devine and actually does what its meant to! Left my skin lovely smooth and clearer :)

I have the most stubborn skin. It's sensitive, oily, flaky, and dry with the occasional breakout. Most masks are either too rough on my skin, irritates it or makes it even more oily causing breakouts. This mask works wonders on combating the oil, helping the dryness and making my skin soft and smooth. And it smells good enough to eat! This mask is a special treat since I'm not able to make the trek to my nearest Lush very often (two and half hours away). If I was, my skin would look great all the time.

on 3/27/2006 12:14:00 PM

Oh Cupcake...I thought I wouldn't like this one before I tried it (my skin is too dry, not acne prone, etc) but this mask left me with a glow that I havent seen with my other masks yet...

It cleans WELL (because of the rassoul mud) and definitely cleaned the gunk out of my pores. It did kind of dry me out, but nothing that a little moisturizer couldn't fix (and I use moisturizer after doing a mask anyway).

Smells divine, like chocolate & mint!

Edit: The smell gets to me a little bit, but the effects are worth it, so I'll still repurchase!

Popular Masks