October 1, 2014 | 1778 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2006 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Perzikjes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lush is one of my favorite brands when it comes to what it does for your skin. Cupcake is definately one of the products you have to try when you have combination or oily skin. I'm not a fan of its smell and like with all the other LUSH products, the packaging is one hundred percent crap. But in the end it is all about how the product works and it works really, really good. Not as good as my favorite mask (Dr. Hauschka's Rejuvenating Mask), but after I used this, my face brightens up and feels babybottom-soft. The next day I do think that its a little oilier though.
Price is so-so, you don't get much for a 9,50 euro's tub.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2006 1:48:00 PM More reviews by punkfiend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another yummy product from lush! Smells devine and actually does what its meant to! Left my skin lovely smooth and clearer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2006 2:46:00 AM More reviews by justlikeadream

I have the most stubborn skin. It's sensitive, oily, flaky, and dry with the occasional breakout. Most masks are either too rough on my skin, irritates it or makes it even more oily causing breakouts. This mask works wonders on combating the oil, helping the dryness and making my skin soft and smooth. And it smells good enough to eat! This mask is a special treat since I'm not able to make the trek to my nearest Lush very often (two and half hours away). If I was, my skin would look great all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by carrieeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh Cupcake...I thought I wouldn't like this one before I tried it (my skin is too dry, not acne prone, etc) but this mask left me with a glow that I havent seen with my other masks yet...

It cleans WELL (because of the rassoul mud) and definitely cleaned the gunk out of my pores. It did kind of dry me out, but nothing that a little moisturizer couldn't fix (and I use moisturizer after doing a mask anyway).

Smells divine, like chocolate & mint!

Edit: The smell gets to me a little bit, but the effects are worth it, so I'll still repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by koolkatz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't very often say that one product makes a huge difference in my skin (aside from birth control pills), but this really does!! As the weeks have gone on, I've noticed that my skin looks so fresh and glowy, and my pores look smaller. It has really made a subtle, but very significant difference in my skin! Honestly, there is some kind of radiance in my skin.

It is a bit difficult to put on, but I don't have any problems. I just kind of smush into skin then spread around. I use it once a week - it's been almost 2 mos. so far. It actually reached its 'best before' date a month ago, but still awesome =) Smells like chocolate cake dough with a bit of mud mixed it. I actually have no idea how much this cost since I got it free at the store (they were out of the Big Frees promo items), but I will definitely be purchasing this over and over! Oh, it just looks kind of gross when the little brown pieces fall into the sink LOL.

EDIT (Apr.10/06): It's been 6 wks since 'best before' date, and it's still great! It's just a tad harder, so I just add a couple of drops to it for a few minutes and it spreads super-easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2006 5:13:00 AM More reviews by mona_mua

when i'm not breaking out but just oily, this is the only mask i use. i adore cupcake and it smells yummy too. it controls new breakouts and exfoliates like no tomorrow. love cupcake and wuold recommend it to anyone and everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by melloly

I like like like this product. I have combo-oily skin and most of the masks i've used certainly refine//draw out oil//cleanse skin of impurities etc. BUT, always leave my skin feeling a bit dry and taut. This purifies my skin well, and leaves it really soft and moisturised. I can see why some people dont like the smell but personally i LOVE IT. Mine also had a bit of oil on the top but i just stirred it in, and it was fine.

no miracles yet - but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2005 4:10:00 PM More reviews by msjene

What a delightful product! The batch I received was nice and fresh...there was no stinky smell or strange oil floating on top. The scent was...well, chocolatey, like baker's chocolate. The correct way to apply this mask is on a damp face for 10 minutes. I didn't have any problems applying it or rinsing it off (it is a little messy, but a paper towel took care of any mess-next time I'll rinse in the shower). My skin is so smooth and even toned! I really like this mask. It's like an old fashioned mud pack which I've been searching for! I like my Amore Pacific Clarifying Mask too...but this one felt more "deep cleansing". I didn't experience any burning either. Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2005 8:15:00 AM More reviews by six_minutes

This product is GREAT, it is only my second LUSH product, but I am in love with them already. Who cares what it smells like, it smells like chocolate, how bad can it be? Anyway, after applying it for 5-10 minutes, it leaves my skin smooth and appears to make my spots "deflate". It can be a bit messy, but it's worth it. I mean for 4.75 (I think maybe 4-5 I should say) you can't go wrong for a months supply. You have to keep it in the fridge because of all the fresh ingredients and you use it twice a week after cleansing. Will update in a months time with final review! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 8:12:00 PM More reviews by emcs

I bought this because i'm looking to switch to all natural products, and the bright green colour of my Body Shop tea tree mask signalled it was not all natural, so i bought cupcake. I picked it because it was the cheapest of the Lush masks, 3, and it claimed to be good for spots. I was prepared to throw it out because its not for sensitive skin, which i have. But this was great!! I cleansed and steamed my face and then slathered it on, and left it on for 30-60 mins. It dried powdery, was abit difficult to wash off, but WOW! This is the first mask i can honestly say made me see a difference as soon as i washed it off. My skin was more even, my spots were significantly smaller and dried out, no harm had come to the sensitive areas, and my skin was glowing! The nexy day my skin looked much better, spots definitly on their way out. This will be a staple in my skin care routine for a long time! I think it must have been the rhassoul mud!