LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

Lush masks are THE BEST. This one has a lovely chocolate-fudgey consistency that makes it fiddly but fun to smear on (really thick and gooey), and a scent of chocolate brownies and peppermint. It's got lots of rassoul mud in it, so it's a really strong *drawing out of crapola in your pores* mask - it may look and smell cutesy and cakelike, but its innocent exterior conceals quite a tough little mask which will calm and give your face a SERIOUS deep-cleanse.

The pot is supposed to be for 3-5 applications, but I personally found it good for a lot more than that. If you've got a Lush shop near you, blag a free sample and what they'll give you just as a freebie will probably last you two or three "goes".

The only reason this doesn't get a full five stars is that Brazened Honey for me is so much better; it does everything Cupcake does, but is a better consistency, soothes even better, and gives a really nice *glow* to my skin that Cupcake doesn't quite deliver to the same extent. If your skin is really oily and "problem" and the idea of chocolately fun on your skin sounds irresistable, try Cupcake, you'll love it!.... but for older skins, and for once the chocolate "gimmick" has passed it's novely, Brazened Honey is even better than this. continued >>

on 1/31/2007 2:58:00 AM

Yayyy finally something that actually works!!

This mask feels and smells great on my combo skin. I really just wanted something to clear up the small pimples I have on my nose and it did the first time I used it. I suppose I was abit dissapointed because it stopped working after the first time, but really - I didn't have anything for it to do! It had already banished my boo boos.

Cupcake made my skin clear up and left my skin soft and glowing.

Well worth the price tag. I was able to get 3 weeks worth of masks out of this.

on 12/11/2006 3:14:00 AM

This mask smells great and feels great. I have oily/combo skin and it calmed it down and sucked up some oil. I took one lippie off because I think there are slightly better masks out there (i.e. ones that reduce redness, give more of a glow, etc) but this definitely does keep my skin looking good and is fun to have around the house! Definitely lots of applications in one little tub!

on 12/6/2006 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have very oily, blemished skin, and after reading all the glowing reviews, I decided to pick it up on a trip to Orlando. I was excited to try it, but was little disappointed in the results. I didn't have any bad reactions to it, but didn't see any drastic results either. I don't think it did good job on cleaning out my pores, but did a decent job on my blemishes. I bought it back in July, and I just finished it off last week! You only need a little once a week so it will last longer than they say it will.It is a bit a relief that it didn't work as well on me since there is no LUSH in Atlanta yet, I wouldn't be able to repurchase so for now I will stick with my tried and true Origins Clear Improvement mask.

on 11/29/2006 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This smells delicious. Your skin feels so soft and smooth after this treatment. However I noticed it has cocoa butter in it so I am afraid to try another pot of this in fear of break outs.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great mask! I have oily, breakout-prone skin that had been especially bad recently, so I bought Cupcake on a trip to Lush. I was thrilled at how good my skin felt immediately after using it. It cleaned my large, perpetually-clogged pores like nothing else. And after waking up the next day my skin looked better than ever! Don't be put off by how small the product looks, you actually need very little for one use, so it'll last for a long time. Also, don't go by the 3-week expiration, this'll last well beyond (as long as it smells & looks right, and it's still performing well, then it's still good). My one complaint is that I find the fragrance nauseating (cloying, fake "chocolate-mint" that smells more like stale honey or soemthing to me), but I can deal with it because this is a really terrific mask.

on 11/7/2006 6:22:00 AM

I know there are plenty of people out there who simply adore LUSH, and I have to admit that their products do look and smell lovely, but I simply had to write this review JUST IN CASE what happened to my boy happens to somebody. We were in LUSH picking out a present for one of my girlfriends when my boy came across this and really really wanted to try it. So I got a little tub and we both slathered it on that night. The mask smelled lovely, but after we both washed it off, my boy discovered a spot (like a mole) on his chin (it was NOT there before we put on the mask). We emailed LUSH who said they hadn't heard of it and I emailed Paula (the cosmetic cop lady) who had no idea what it was but said that the product had plenty of irritating ingredients in it. I'm not saying that this will happen to everybody. I'm just saying it might. And that spot still hasn't gone away unfortunately (it's been a few months). My boy has sensitive skin which may have triggered that but so do I, so we're slightly confused about the whole thing. He wasn't allergic to the Black Magic Massage Bar or the Dreamtime Balm though, so it might just be this mask. So ladies, please be wary!

on 10/11/2006 4:59:00 PM

LOVE cupcake! I was a bit skeptical to try this product simply bc most masks dry my face out/irritate me but I tried it anyway & am highly impressed. The mask smells like yummy chocolate & I adore the consistency. I leave it on for about 8 minutes or so & once I take it off I immediately notice how much smoother my skin feels & the gorgeous glow that lasts a day or two after. My only issue is that this product is only good for a few weeks but it is awesome on my skin so I will definitely be buying again.

on 9/11/2006 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

While this isn't my favourite of Lush bio-fresh it is fabulous. It cleans, leaves my skin smooth, and smells divine. I'm not sure it does much for break-outs however, and I wouldn't listen to the SAs who say you can't use it if you have dry skin. It's not stripping at all. It's just a good, basic, face mask that's preservative free.

I'd definitely buy again.

Reasonably good product. I wouldnt say its HG material. Works for a while then just doesnt anymore. Crap packaging as with all LUSH cleansers and it only lasts 4 weeks :(

Popular Masks