July 23, 2014 | 2173 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2006 5:13:00 AM More reviews by mona_mua

when i'm not breaking out but just oily, this is the only mask i use. i adore cupcake and it smells yummy too. it controls new breakouts and exfoliates like no tomorrow. love cupcake and wuold recommend it to anyone and everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by melloly

I like like like this product. I have combo-oily skin and most of the masks i've used certainly refine//draw out oil//cleanse skin of impurities etc. BUT, always leave my skin feeling a bit dry and taut. This purifies my skin well, and leaves it really soft and moisturised. I can see why some people dont like the smell but personally i LOVE IT. Mine also had a bit of oil on the top but i just stirred it in, and it was fine.

no miracles yet - but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2005 4:10:00 PM More reviews by msjene

What a delightful product! The batch I received was nice and fresh...there was no stinky smell or strange oil floating on top. The scent was...well, chocolatey, like baker's chocolate. The correct way to apply this mask is on a damp face for 10 minutes. I didn't have any problems applying it or rinsing it off (it is a little messy, but a paper towel took care of any mess-next time I'll rinse in the shower). My skin is so smooth and even toned! I really like this mask. It's like an old fashioned mud pack which I've been searching for! I like my Amore Pacific Clarifying Mask too...but this one felt more "deep cleansing". I didn't experience any burning either. Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2005 8:15:00 AM More reviews by six_minutes

This product is GREAT, it is only my second LUSH product, but I am in love with them already. Who cares what it smells like, it smells like chocolate, how bad can it be? Anyway, after applying it for 5-10 minutes, it leaves my skin smooth and appears to make my spots "deflate". It can be a bit messy, but it's worth it. I mean for 4.75 (I think maybe 4-5 I should say) you can't go wrong for a months supply. You have to keep it in the fridge because of all the fresh ingredients and you use it twice a week after cleansing. Will update in a months time with final review! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 8:12:00 PM More reviews by emcs

I bought this because i'm looking to switch to all natural products, and the bright green colour of my Body Shop tea tree mask signalled it was not all natural, so i bought cupcake. I picked it because it was the cheapest of the Lush masks, 3, and it claimed to be good for spots. I was prepared to throw it out because its not for sensitive skin, which i have. But this was great!! I cleansed and steamed my face and then slathered it on, and left it on for 30-60 mins. It dried powdery, was abit difficult to wash off, but WOW! This is the first mask i can honestly say made me see a difference as soon as i washed it off. My skin was more even, my spots were significantly smaller and dried out, no harm had come to the sensitive areas, and my skin was glowing! The nexy day my skin looked much better, spots definitly on their way out. This will be a staple in my skin care routine for a long time! I think it must have been the rhassoul mud!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2005 9:26:00 PM More reviews by velouria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm not crazy about the flimsy plastic tub that LUSH provides for its bio-fresh masks. This mask is a great exfoliant and helps tighten the skin. The smell is also to die for. It's a bummer that it has an expiry date, so I usually end up sharing it with my DH since I can never use it all up by the time it goes bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2005 6:10:00 PM More reviews by ajanse

Why, oh why didn't I listen to the other reviewers? I love LUSH, so how could they do this to me???

I bought this despite the "minty poocake" description. My addition: this would be what I imagine "mocklate" to smell like (remember that Friends episode??) It also reminds me of that disgusting blue bubblegum ice cream.

I don't care whether it worked or not, the smell was so unbearable I don't even think I can use the rest of the tub. Please keep in mind I LOVE LUSH, and it pains me to say this. I had no problem with the texture, and my skin felt nice after, but I cannot emphasize how much the smell disgusted me, it literally made me nauseous. It was much worse than the Cosmetics Warrior, because at lease CW smells like a real smell (garlic).
Anyhoo, as you may have realized, I don't recommend this product. If you have oilier skin, try CW or Love Lettuce.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

This smells wonderfull,want to eat all the time!Make my skin soft,clean and take away mutch of my acne prone skin.It's small peelincorn in it,too!Love the smell and will defentily repurchase,sometime!;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by NorthernStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so torn over whct to think of this mask. Normally I really love Lush stuff and in the store this smelled great, looked . . . interesting ;) but ultimately seemed to be what I was looking for. I think it was the mud/chocolate factor that made me purchase in the end.

But to be honest I didn't notice much difference in my skin afterwards (apart from it being very smooth and tight but I just attributed that to having to scrub so damn hard to get it off in the end) plus the smell made me feel so ill it just wasn't worth it. I am normally quite sensitive to scents in products but this was the first time I had ever actually felt sick from something. For the exfoliating factor I would rather purchase the Love Lettuce mask.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2005 7:27:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

its my first time using Lush's mask. i bought it this evening and i couldnt wait so i used it tonight after shower! after i washed it off, my skin does feel softer, and cleaner. its a good mask! but one lippie has to be taken off because it is 1. hard to apply and 2. hard to wash off. it took me ages just to put it on and take it off. but nonetheless im satisfied with the result. will try Love the Lettuce mask next time... but i might come back to this one! =)

EDIT: just too much trouble to go to as far as a mask goes. there are better clay masks out there which do not require as much work. and the expiration date is a bigger problem. it just expires too damn quickly. not worth my $$$. continued >>