Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 4/7/2005 8:16:00 PM

Ewww! It goes on ok but made my skin look sallow and a tad orange (i have got the lightest one as i am fair). As I said it looks ok upon application but tend to get a cakey look by the end of the day and also - i think it is giving me pimples!!!!

on 3/11/2005 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been a loyal consumer of this Powder since highschool. Since I break out with most powders, this causes the most minimal breakouts because it's oil-free. I like the way it gives me a very natural, light, smooth look while minimizing the look of my pores. People can't tell I have it on. Other powders just make my pores bigger, like the powder at Origins. I don't like any other products in the Clinique except for this one. Definitely my HG Powder. Have used it for about 10 years now. Love it!

on 2/13/2005 11:50:00 PM

I purchased this in both 02 Stay neutral and 03 Stay beige. I use these powders to set my liquid foundation rather than using it as a powder foundation as the SA suggested. I found 02 to be too light on my medium skin but 03 just makes me glow. I apply it around my nose and cheeks and chin. I really like the texture of the powder. I personally don't think it controls shine very well but maybe thats because I'm quite oily. But I don't care because I pair it up with my MAC blot powder and I'm all set. I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

on 2/11/2005 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very classic powder, and I love that it is entirely fragrance and oil free. I could season all of Martha Stewart's cast iron cookware with just one day of the oil that my face produces, and so I have developed the ritual of using a blotting paper and then applying this to touch up when I get shiny. The compact lasts a decent amount of time, over a year for me. And it's really pretty in a somewhat unconventional way--marbled jade green square with a silver push button in the front, sort of elegant-preppy as I like to consider myself : )

on 2/8/2005 4:39:00 PM

My HG of pressed powders! So much so, I have chosen this product as my first review here on MUA. I have been using Stay Matte for 7 or 8 years (Stay Neutral or Stay Buff). I have tried other brands on a whim but always come back! It goes on silky smooth (I often wear it alone without foundation with some blush), makes my pores appear smaller, and stays very matte. I do have to touch up on occasion but not every single day (I have oily/combination skin). Love, love, love this product!!!

This powder does a great job at controlling oil and looks natural on my skin...but so do some other drugstore powders I've tried. For example, Maybelline's Matte Finish, Jane, and CG's powdered foundation. And I admit, I'm drawn to that pretty green compact! I went ahead and gave this five stars because it does its job well. If you absolutely have to have high-end powder, this is an excellent choice! But keep in mind that it's just powder! Nothing more, nothing less!

I used to use this when I was in high school. What a mistake. This does not leave you matte at all. Instead, I always ended up looking really greasy and blotchy. It also caused me to break out. I distinctly remember that I had a difficult time getting the powder onto the puff for some odd reason. Bad stuff.

Good oil controlling...too good. No good colors for yellow undertones!!! Makes me look pink as hell (and i wore stay neutral too) and doesn't look natural at all. THis is going back to the store

on 12/29/2004 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

There's nothing "matte" about this powder at all. I wear Stay Neutral, and my sis wears Stay Buff. First, it looked heavy on us and we looked extremely made-up after application, and trust me, we did not smear tons of it on our faces. Also, oil just kept oozing out of my pores within an hour after application, especially on the nose and the forehead, which is saying something cuz I have balanced, normal skin. And since I'm Asian, the shade might not have blended well with my yellow skin tone, thus I appeared a tad white-ish. Overall, a C- product that does not justify the expensive price tag. Will NOT but it again.

on 12/14/2004 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

yuck the packaging..talk about ugly..other than that a good basic pressed powder , doesnt realy keep my oilies at bay but looks natural , not too powdery.... i used a powder brush to apply, i think application with a sponge would be much too thick, its cheap too, prolly would repurchase.