November 21, 2014 | 1935 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2005 11:50:00 PM More reviews by elusivelotus

I purchased this in both 02 Stay neutral and 03 Stay beige. I use these powders to set my liquid foundation rather than using it as a powder foundation as the SA suggested. I found 02 to be too light on my medium skin but 03 just makes me glow. I apply it around my nose and cheeks and chin. I really like the texture of the powder. I personally don't think it controls shine very well but maybe thats because I'm quite oily. But I don't care because I pair it up with my MAC blot powder and I'm all set. I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by 8675309

This is a very classic powder, and I love that it is entirely fragrance and oil free. I could season all of Martha Stewart's cast iron cookware with just one day of the oil that my face produces, and so I have developed the ritual of using a blotting paper and then applying this to touch up when I get shiny. The compact lasts a decent amount of time, over a year for me. And it's really pretty in a somewhat unconventional way--marbled jade green square with a silver push button in the front, sort of elegant-preppy as I like to consider myself : )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ryver_wynd

My HG of pressed powders! So much so, I have chosen this product as my first review here on MUA. I have been using Stay Matte for 7 or 8 years (Stay Neutral or Stay Buff). I have tried other brands on a whim but always come back! It goes on silky smooth (I often wear it alone without foundation with some blush), makes my pores appear smaller, and stays very matte. I do have to touch up on occasion but not every single day (I have oily/combination skin). Love, love, love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by annaharris_227

This powder does a great job at controlling oil and looks natural on my skin...but so do some other drugstore powders I've tried. For example, Maybelline's Matte Finish, Jane, and CG's powdered foundation. And I admit, I'm drawn to that pretty green compact! I went ahead and gave this five stars because it does its job well. If you absolutely have to have high-end powder, this is an excellent choice! But keep in mind that it's just powder! Nothing more, nothing less!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 11:15:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

I used to use this when I was in high school. What a mistake. This does not leave you matte at all. Instead, I always ended up looking really greasy and blotchy. It also caused me to break out. I distinctly remember that I had a difficult time getting the powder onto the puff for some odd reason. Bad stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2005 7:40:00 PM More reviews by peachflavour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good oil controlling...too good. No good colors for yellow undertones!!! Makes me look pink as hell (and i wore stay neutral too) and doesn't look natural at all. THis is going back to the store

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2004 11:32:00 AM More reviews by xh_minime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

There's nothing "matte" about this powder at all. I wear Stay Neutral, and my sis wears Stay Buff. First, it looked heavy on us and we looked extremely made-up after application, and trust me, we did not smear tons of it on our faces. Also, oil just kept oozing out of my pores within an hour after application, especially on the nose and the forehead, which is saying something cuz I have balanced, normal skin. And since I'm Asian, the shade might not have blended well with my yellow skin tone, thus I appeared a tad white-ish. Overall, a C- product that does not justify the expensive price tag. Will NOT but it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2004 7:40:00 AM More reviews by hapaturkchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

yuck the packaging..talk about ugly..other than that a good basic pressed powder , doesnt realy keep my oilies at bay but looks natural , not too powdery.... i used a powder brush to apply, i think application with a sponge would be much too thick, its cheap too, prolly would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2004 7:26:00 PM More reviews by lancomegal121

This is my favorite pressed powder. It does not break me out, gives a nice amount of coverage and is perfect for touch ups! I wear Stay Neutral which matches perfectly. This also keeps my oil at bay in the summer. I find it to be a fairly decent price and I must love it because I've repurchased many times!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2004 3:26:00 AM More reviews by funshinelover

bought this cos a friend said the loose powder was good so i thought the pressed one shouldn't be too bad either but it doesn't do much for me and looks powdery and not in the finished look sort of way. definitely does not make skin look better and don't quite like the packaging too =p will not repurchase.