April 24, 2014 | 1900 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

I bought the valentine's version of this pressed powder (not sure how much the retail price is, but I got it on a very good deal from eBay). It's a much smaller compact than the regular size (in greenish marbled compact) - but the design is soooo cuuuttee. It's silver all over, with a 'tic tac toe' design on the lid (instead of a circle, they put hearts).

Nuf of the compact, let's go inside it. Unlike the nice puff in the regular compact, Clinique gave a tiny winy thin cheapy puff inside it - I immediately have to throw it away.

I have oily/combo face .. & I haven't find HG for face powder, really. So, this one is just the same with the others. It doesn't really take care of the oiliness - as it said it would. Also, it feels kinda chalky, too - doesn't look natural on me, somehow. I don't think I'd repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by hazel1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ewww! It goes on ok but made my skin look sallow and a tad orange (i have got the lightest one as i am fair). As I said it looks ok upon application but tend to get a cakey look by the end of the day and also - i think it is giving me pimples!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 3:27:00 AM More reviews by kimi428

I've been a loyal consumer of this Powder since highschool. Since I break out with most powders, this causes the most minimal breakouts because it's oil-free. I like the way it gives me a very natural, light, smooth look while minimizing the look of my pores. People can't tell I have it on. Other powders just make my pores bigger, like the powder at Origins. I don't like any other products in the Clinique except for this one. Definitely my HG Powder. Have used it for about 10 years now. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2005 11:50:00 PM More reviews by elusivelotus

I purchased this in both 02 Stay neutral and 03 Stay beige. I use these powders to set my liquid foundation rather than using it as a powder foundation as the SA suggested. I found 02 to be too light on my medium skin but 03 just makes me glow. I apply it around my nose and cheeks and chin. I really like the texture of the powder. I personally don't think it controls shine very well but maybe thats because I'm quite oily. But I don't care because I pair it up with my MAC blot powder and I'm all set. I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by 8675309

This is a very classic powder, and I love that it is entirely fragrance and oil free. I could season all of Martha Stewart's cast iron cookware with just one day of the oil that my face produces, and so I have developed the ritual of using a blotting paper and then applying this to touch up when I get shiny. The compact lasts a decent amount of time, over a year for me. And it's really pretty in a somewhat unconventional way--marbled jade green square with a silver push button in the front, sort of elegant-preppy as I like to consider myself : )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ryver_wynd

My HG of pressed powders! So much so, I have chosen this product as my first review here on MUA. I have been using Stay Matte for 7 or 8 years (Stay Neutral or Stay Buff). I have tried other brands on a whim but always come back! It goes on silky smooth (I often wear it alone without foundation with some blush), makes my pores appear smaller, and stays very matte. I do have to touch up on occasion but not every single day (I have oily/combination skin). Love, love, love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by annaharris_227

This powder does a great job at controlling oil and looks natural on my skin...but so do some other drugstore powders I've tried. For example, Maybelline's Matte Finish, Jane, and CG's powdered foundation. And I admit, I'm drawn to that pretty green compact! I went ahead and gave this five stars because it does its job well. If you absolutely have to have high-end powder, this is an excellent choice! But keep in mind that it's just powder! Nothing more, nothing less!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 11:15:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

I used to use this when I was in high school. What a mistake. This does not leave you matte at all. Instead, I always ended up looking really greasy and blotchy. It also caused me to break out. I distinctly remember that I had a difficult time getting the powder onto the puff for some odd reason. Bad stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2005 7:40:00 PM More reviews by peachflavour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good oil controlling...too good. No good colors for yellow undertones!!! Makes me look pink as hell (and i wore stay neutral too) and doesn't look natural at all. THis is going back to the store

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2004 11:32:00 AM More reviews by xh_minime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

There's nothing "matte" about this powder at all. I wear Stay Neutral, and my sis wears Stay Buff. First, it looked heavy on us and we looked extremely made-up after application, and trust me, we did not smear tons of it on our faces. Also, oil just kept oozing out of my pores within an hour after application, especially on the nose and the forehead, which is saying something cuz I have balanced, normal skin. And since I'm Asian, the shade might not have blended well with my yellow skin tone, thus I appeared a tad white-ish. Overall, a C- product that does not justify the expensive price tag. Will NOT but it again.