September 1, 2014 | 1893 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2007 10:35:00 AM More reviews by cloud7

I bought this foundation in Oct 2006 and only used it on vacation but didn’t think it was all that great. However, I recently started using it again (Apr 2007) and I’m starting to really like it! The colour wears pretty well and it’s waterproof… good for the beach! I mix a drop with my Shiseido spf 36 cream sunblock and it takes down the white cast a bit. Sometimes I add a bit more of the foundation over my sunblock while it's still moist. It blends beautifully with my fingers... dabbed onto the spots where i need more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by chess99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. It covers better than I thought it would. It feels light but covers well. I have slightly dry skin. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was my skin starts feeling a little dry by the end of the day. So I am trying different moisturizers with it because I like the foundation that much. Love the spf.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by starrystarrynite

Great for hot, humid conditions because it will stay put through sweat and won't feel oily. It'll make your skin look quite matte even if you're sweaty.
    Don't bother using it during cold, dry weather. It'll look cakey and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by mudfish_qx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i've been using this foundation for a few years now and haven't consider it to be the best one that i've tried. i'm korean-american with really yellow undertones, MAC NC30-35 and i use this in SP60. during the winter months if i do get a little pale then i purchase SP50 and mix it with SP60. the result is really a flawless face, and maybe for people with dry skin it will look really cakey. if it were to lok really cakey on me i would add a little bit of oil-free moisturizer for my combo/acne prone skin to give it a smoother look. with this foundation i never have the need for concealor. the best part of this foundation is that it lasts all day long, does an A+ job of protecting my skin, and doesn't break me out. the only downside is that it takes some effort to remove it, but i use alpha hydrox nourishing cleanser with beads along with my fancl washing puff and it does the job. i always recommend this foundation to people with yellow undertones who want something that's full coverage. before i purchased this, i always tried different brands of foundation and had trouble finding my exact skin tone in a formula that didn't break me out or slide off my face. i always knew shiseido was supposed to be a good brand for asian skin but really didn't understand it until they made this foundaiton and now i would say that i completely agree. i don't use their matching powder, but instead i use covergirl's trublend pressed powder in translucent medium and my face looks perfect. i always tell people that i used to have a really bad acne problem (hopefully i won't experience it again) and people don't really believe it because they think my skin is too nice. some people even say my skin glows but i kinda laugh at that because i really think my skin overall is somewhat ruddy and lacks and luster/radiance. what those people say are not true, but this foundation is really what makes it seem that way.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by goaway

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great packaging, crappy product inside. The color is off (not yellow at all). I dislike the synthetic fragrance. The coverage isn't great, and looks fake and scaly, even when using just a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by cmeebuy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great staying power, but too powdery and unnatural looking for my taste. Looked like a chalky white mask on my face. Too bad especially since it is great as an everyday sunscreen. :( Update: I gave this stuff another shot and tried applying with a very light hand and a wet sponge. Much better results this time. Also, since my skin is not so reactive this time, it sits better and does not irritate as much. Only challenge now is to find a color match. So far I have SP30 and SP50 for my NC 25-30 skin. Neither matches taht well. For now, I'll keep this foundation in the rotation until more issues arise. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 3:09:00 AM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my hg foundation. if u're an oily gal like me and can find a shade to match, u will definitely like this. i think i'm normally around nc20-30. i have this in sp60 for the summer and sp50 for the winter. the difference between these two shades are very noticeable, whereas the rest are very slight, detectable in natural sunlight. i agree w/ the other reviews that it seems like the undertones (peach, yellow) are different between sp10 through sp50... as for the darkness of the shades barely increase as the number gets higher. ur best bet would to be getting a sample and trying it on ur entire face. i was matched for sp40 and sp50, but when i purchased the sp40 and tried it at home full face... it made me look like i had an ashy, white mask on. keep in mind that it does look quite darker coming out of the bottle, but when applied on ur face... it gets a lot lighter.

the texture is very light and thin, but coverage is great. it really doesn't feel like i have foundation on at all. it's nice to have that added bonus of the sun protection. it also stays matte, so dry skin gals might wanna pass on this. price is a lil expensive at around $34 per bottle, but that seems like the norm for dept store makeup and a bargain compared to chanel.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 10:15:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbella686

LOVE IT! I use SP60, which happens to be an exact color match on me! It lasts so much longer than Clinique's Superfit (color was wayy too light for me but I didnt notice this til I tried this Shiseido foundation). The high SPF is important to me because I have hyperpigmintation marks on my face. Only gripe is that it is pretty expensive but my skin is worth dolling out extra money for.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2006 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Katjensen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the packaging and the product. Thanks for the great reviews which prompted me to try it. I have very fair skin, so the lightest color #10 is still too strong on me. So I have a little trick... I mix it with a tinted moisturizer like Neutrogena's Fair/Light which cuts the warmth of #10 and makes it perfect for my porcelain skin. And the staying power is still amazing, even in summer weather. I've been doing this for 2 years with Almay's Workout make-up, but sadly they've discontinued it. Give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2006 3:23:00 PM More reviews by susankarami

Ladies if you follow these instructions, you will not break out and you can get your perfect shade!!I soo wanted this to work, but it made me break out after a few days-little red bumps. I loved the color shades in that they are yellow based, but I couldn't find my right match. I liked the 40, but it was too light, almost chalky. The 30 way too yellow, the 50 yellow with gray undertones-weird!! The 60 made me look kind of muddy, it is a dark pink tone with lots of gray. The 70 way too dark and oragne!!But I loved the coverage, I didn't have to use hardly any concealer, and I loved that I didn't have to put sunblock underneath.
    Now I have perfected this foundation and you can too. I guess I have a type II sallow skin.
    I mixed the 40 and 60 in a seperate container. Mix very well !! You can add more of either shade to make it lighter or darker.
    Tip--I go to sephora and request samples of all the shades!! Then I go home and experiment with mixing. You will get the hang of it if you are determined. You can add shade 10 which is a light pink if you want to cancel some yellow. I mix 4 shades together, a combo of 40, 60, 10 and 20.
    Now the most important thing-I mix water in my final color. Yes water-I add quite a bit-maybe so it is equal parts water and equal part foundation.I believe the reason we break out is it is so thick and completely clogs out pores. Mixing water thins it out, but it still keeps it's flawless, non transferable water resistant qualities.
    This foundation and water won't mix!! This foundation is truly oil based-man made oil-silicone. So right before I am about to use it in the morning I try to mix it (the seperated water and foundation with a toothpick) and quickly with my fingertips dot the mixture (it's not really a mixture it is just like a drop of foundation sitting on top of a drop of water.) onto your face and quickly with a foundation brush brush it on your face. You will see how the foundation goes on thinly and smoothly-perfect!! No breakouts!!Yes ladies, no breakouts! It seems a little messy in that the foundation and water never truly seem to mix together but you just dip your finger in the container making sure you get some water on your finger along with the foundation. I am assuming you can get the same effect by just wetting your face and applying the foundation without mixing water in it. I'll try that tomorrow and let you know.
    This is my HG of foundations!!I have never bought a whole bottle, well yes I did, but returned it because it wasn't my shade. I just use the samples I get from sephora and mix them for the perfect color. I only mix the 10, 20, 40, and 60's as the others have way too much yellow. The 20, and 40 have just enough yellow in it, they are both rather peachy toned-very flattering but too light for me on their own-great for mixing.
    This sounds like alot-bt it is well worth it once you get the hang of it.No breakouts anymore and perfect shades.