April 16, 2014 | 827 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2006 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ajkelly_44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, how I wish this hadn't made me break out! I was in denial about it for 3 weeks, but I never get breakouts and suddenly started getting them...had to be this foundation, as it was the only change in my skincare routine. SOOOOO disappointing! Because otherwise, it's absolutely perfect. I have a very oily T-zone, especially in summer. I've tried so many other brands of foundation (Chanel, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Clinique, Dior, etc.) and none of them had all the factors I was looking for - broad spectrum sunscreen, matte finish, sheer to medium coverage, and long lasting. This one does. My face looked just as perfect at the end of the day as it did in the morning, and every time I looked in the mirror I was amazed - even in 90+-degree heat! Matte finish lasted too. Removal was a bit annoying (I used almond oil and then cleanser), but worth it. When I returned the foundation, the Shiseido rep who was visiting the store said it was the chemical they use in the 42 and 55 SPF sunscreens that I'm allergic to. She said she has the same problem and the compact foundation with 36 SPF doesn't make her break out. I'm considering using that, but she said it's heavier coverage, and I prefer sheer/medium coverage. ***EDIT*** If you're at all hesitant about trying this because of breakouts, keep in mind that you can return the unused portion if it does make you break out. The SAs were very understanding about this when I took it back.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I think this is better suited to oily skin than dry/combo. I "feel" like I have foundation on all day and it's very unpleasant. Also, the coverage is too full. I like a light to medium coverage and this is definitely full and matte. It looks like I have foundation on, which I detest.

I bought it because of it's high spf but I'd rather have a comfortable tinted moisturizer with an spf of 15 than this foundation with an spf of 42.

Good: is water and sweatproof
Bad: is almost impossible to remove without an oil based cleanser

All in all, a very disappointing product. I'm going back to my lower spf that feels good and doesn't smother my skin. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by chanelnbebe

This my FAVORITE liquid foundation!! I use JI pressed foundation because i'm not too crazy about the pressed version of this-but this liquid version is the BEST out there! I get amazing coverage from this while still looking so natural. I use this in SP20 and it matches & blends perfectly on me. I also can't believe the amount of SPF this has in it, i'm so hooked!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2006 9:13:00 AM More reviews by st88

In terms of long-lasting wearability, this liquid foundation stays true to its claim. I live in a humid, tropical climate and walk around throughout the day. This stuff never disappointed me in resisting heat and perspiration-- a feat my Jane Iredale Amazing Base, Chanel Teint Controle Compact and T. LeClerc Matte Fluid Foundation cannot match up to. I've sensitive, fairly acne-prone skin and wearing this has not lead to breakouts. In addition, the high spf factor and medium coverage make it supposedly one of the best foundations around. One minus point though is its tendency to show up flakes on the skin. That is not a very big problem to me because I am supposed to keep my skin hydrated anyway. However, the *major letdown* that prevents me from continued usage is the colour change that takes place after the foundation dries down. It turns orange! I used SP30 which was a good match for my light olive skintone (until it turns orange that is). So bearing this in mind, I am not going to give it a four. Take this review for what it is worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 3:06:00 AM More reviews by skippypuppy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this! I get great coverage from just a few drops of this foundation - I don't ever need a concealer anymore. It smooths my skin, covers all my dark spots and looks quite natural. I put it on in the morning and it'll last all day, even through a workout at the gym. All I need to do is perhaps touchup with a little bit of powder during the day. The best thing about this however is the SPF 42 sunblock. I wear this year round, over the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 and am totally protected from any unexpected solar exposure. My only complaint is the lack of color range - I buy 50 and 60 and mix it together. But it's totally worth it!! My recommendation to Shiseido would be to add more colors please!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2006 3:08:00 AM More reviews by RandomAlynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I orginally rated this stuff pretty high...until I started breaking out really badly. I kept ruling out various things and never thought it was this. This seemed light...but after using it for awhile I notice how heavy it started to feel and was very cakey even when using a tiny bit. I don't think this holds up well for all day wear at all...by the end of the day its an icky mess. I always feel like I have to wash my face as soon as I get home from work. I definetly do not recommend this stuff for oily skin (like mine). It'll just melt off and feel like you have a mask on for the whole day. I tried Almay's Smart Shade Makeup and I love it much better...matched skin great and feels light yet covers...try that better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 1:05:00 AM More reviews by edenzs

Possibly my HG summertime sunscreen (tie with Laura Mercier oil-free). Number 60 fits my tanned Asian skin perfectly and when applied with a foundation brush, I can get full coverage. This has saved my life on the beach with my boyfriend! (I have large pores and acne scars). Not too matte of a finish on my oily skin but rather natural and nice. No need to layer with this gem of a foundation - one application gave me a miracle. Certain repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Chendol

Good coverage, doesn't clog pores, stays on for the entire day...what else can I ask for? Love it!

btw, my skin is very sensitive and many other foundations break me out but i have been using this for almost two months now and it hasn't caused any problems yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Uncle_Joey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i tried this after reading the good reviews here. i know i'm going to be outside a lot this summer, so i wanted something sweat-proof, w/a high spf. i had a bit of confusion in trying to find the right color--the colors are numbered 10-50, but didn't seem to increase in darkness, just undertones, which were peach, yellow, and beige. i'm fairly pale, even in summer: NC15-20, and 50 matched my skin fairly well. it's not too dark, and the tone is more beige, which i need. the texture is very runny, and you have to spread it quickly to get it even. i have oily skin which sometimes gets flakies, and this magnifies any dryness you have, as well as milia. so it gives a good coverage, but not perfect. also, i noticed it looking a bit cakey when i tried to apply powder over it. overall, a good outdoor sunscreen/foundation in one, but not sure if i'd use this all the time, indoors and out. so far no breakouts though, and for me that's a miracle. i would suggest trying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2006 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Shannon641

I've bought sooo many different foundations ranging from Estee Lauder to MAC to Loreal. Finally I've found one that caters to Asian skin! I'm generally fair, with a little redness on my cheeks and a subtle yellow undertone. Most foundations which fall in the fair spectrum end up looking pink on me. This foundation actually blends really well with my skin and doesn't go on too heavily. The only downsides are the runny texture and not-so-cute packaging, but I'll deal! I paid about 33 bucks for mine, but a little goes a long way and it's been lasting me pretty long so far. If you've been having trouble finding a foundation with yellow undertones, go to your nearest Shiseido counter and try out this line! You won't be sorry. =)