LUSH Jungle

3.3

Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Avocado Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Figs, Bananas, Passion Fruit, Kumquats, Kiwi Fruit, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chlorophyll, Limonene, Linalool

Am I just missing something here? Everyone seems to love this except me. I was hesitant to try a solid conditioner but I travel a lot and the portability would really be convenient, so I tried it. When I applied it in the shower, it didn't feel like I had enough in my hair, even though I could see streaks of it! I rinsed it out and could tell immediately that it wasn't as soft as usual (my usual favorite is Pureology). My boyfriend said he couldn't really smell anything in my hair, and neither could I. Perhaps because my hair is color treated it didn't work very well with my hair. But my hair type is normal and it's in healthy condition, so I don't see why that should make a difference!

For shine, scent and manageability, nothing beats Jungle. I gave up using it solid as after a while it chunks up and you get bits stuck in your hair. This isnt a bad thing as they come out easily but I see it as a waste considering how little you need to get the job done. Just a little chunk in an old water bottle with some water and I have enough conditioner for several weeks of daily washes. I only try other things because I'd like to find something less difficult to get a hold of.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used Jungle for the first time last night, and immediately fell in love with it. I am absolutely intrigued by solid hair products, so based on the high reviews here, I thought I'd give Jungle a try. It is so much fun sliding the chunk of product through my waist-length air. The scary thing is that it made me realize how incredibly fragile (and damaged!!) my hair is because chunks of my hair was falling off and getting attached to the bar. (*note: this is NOT caused by the product, I always lose hair when I wash!) I could definitely tell a difference after rinsing my hair; my locks were so smooth and tangle free! I can see myself using this as an everyday conditioner, but I will still need to use something more conditioner once a week or so. The scent of Jungle is a very "green" forest scent (how appropriate!), somewhat more masculine than what I usually prefer, however I couldn't help wanting to smell my hair the whole day! The scent seems to only last one day and 24 hours later, it is almost completely gone. For now, it's so far so good! I will update if I ever change my mind. :D

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Today is the first time I tried this (my first LUSH conditioner) and I just love the smell! I had to run it through my hair on the outside and the inside several times as I guess it takes some practice to use, but I love how it made my hair (and bathroom) smell. I don't usually have tangles but my hair felt so smooth to comb through after my shower. I used it with Ultimate Shine and I don't know if it affects the shining 'effect' of ultimate shine but will update later on if this is really a keeper. For now, I really like it! UPDATE 03/29/05 I've been using this as a leave on conditioner now by first turning it liquid (cut up a few pieces and leave in water to melt a few days). Whenever I used the bar on my hair in the shower, I realize I'm losing more hair than I normally do per shower. (I see the strands on the bar.)

I love LUSH's Jungle! The scent smells so fresh and organic. Best of all, the solid is easy to use--I just run it through my hair once, paying special attention to the ends and that's it! It took me forever to grow out my hair for my wedding and a month to go, I was so ready to cut it all off b/c it would get tangled and full of static. That is, until I got Jungle! It is the BEST conditioner I have used. The bar costs around $7 and lasts me for over two months. (I keep it in a little travel soap box) My HG conditioner!

I got this b/c it's just sounded really interesting and I'm always ISO the perfect conditioner. The detangling properties that it claims to have are not that spectacular, probably b/c I have thick wavy hair. but I'm sure it might work better on finer textured hair. Anyway it has an exotic fruity scent so I just use it for that reason, after I use a regular conditioner. I might buy it again, but only if I craving for the scent.
Update: After using this a few more times I noticed that my hair would dry in shiny frizzless waves w/o even using a blow dryer. so even though it doesn't detangle as well as a regular conditioner, I sure does have a good finish.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I originally bought this as a styling product, as my hair is so dry and frizzy I needed something with some oil in it to tame it. Worked well enough to rid me of my frizz, but leaves a very fresh cut grass smell on my head.

Just recently I tried to use this the way it was meant to be used (in the shower) and it was a bit disastrous. I do like it as a styling product though. Better than any pomade I've tried.

This conditioner has an intoxicating smell. It's the same smell as Lush's flowertub bubble bar and gavarnie soap- a fresh and clean green floral. That said, unfortunately I don't find solid conditioners to be terribly effective. This conditions my hair some, but never enough. I've tried combing it through, using more, using less, etc. All to no avail. So, now I'm using this as hair perfume. The scent is strong and really lasts, but I have to use a liquid conditioner on top of it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is an odd conditioner to say the least. I found it hard to run though my hair just holding the bar. I now cut it up into 4 slices and then cut those in half. Then I put one of the pieces in the little lush tin I was given and fill it about 1/3 the way with water. I put the lid on and let it sit for a few days then I use it. It smells very good. So far none of my family or friends have told me it smells bad. I gave a piece to one of my friends and she keeps it in her car as a car freshener. Too bad the smell doesn't stay in my hair. Few smells do. I think I will get this again just not any time soon. I still have over half of it left and I only order from LUSH a few times a year. It does a good job as a conditioner. Nothing super great but is does what it's suppose to do. Another thing I like about this is that there is no experation date so I'm in no rush to use it all at once.

My all time FAVE conditioner..beautiful sweet grassy floral smell..addictive!!! Wish it would last all day on my hair..I just sniff for as long as I can in the shower, it gives me the softest locks!

Top Rated LUSH Products