Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 3/28/2008 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great product I love it removes my make up perfect(And I use this to remove my eye make up too)and the proof that this product works is on my cottonpud that ends up to be completely clear when I use my toner after cleaning my face with Rinse-off foaming cleanser.Skin feels clean,and fresh.Is concentrated.A tiny amount lathers perfect and the lather feels creamy not foamy.It s a very very good product I m in love:))) I m using this for years.Remover and cleanser and the price is good too

on 3/23/2008 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

great product, but it burns the hell out of my eyes. not a very good eye make-up remover but a really good basic cleanser if you want something that leaves you feeling very 'clean'. it's one of the few things i've tried that actually does not make me break out or irritate my skin! also it's not scented, which is nice. i know they say you are supposed to use a cleanser after this, but i dont feel that i need to use one as long as i am using a toner. their liquid facial soap is shit anyway so i'd rather use this. also, if you ever buy anything from a clinique sales counter, educate yourself on the products and their ingredients before you go because from all my experiences, their sales associates are complete idiots who know next to nothing about skin care and are just working to fill their commission quota. too bad since most of their skin care is very good for the price.

on 3/22/2008 5:54:00 AM

I have oily skin so I was looking for a non-oil based makeup removal product. I was told at Sephora that this is actually a makeup remover instead of a cleanser and normal cleansing/toning procedures should follow after using this product.
First of all, it totally dries my skin off!! After using it for makeup removal, I felt like my skin woud peel off if I have give my skin another touch (but I was supposed to clean my face!). If it could be worse- it BURNS my eyes!!
The main point is..it doesn't remove makeup all that well. I actually tested this by using a foundation that is two tone lighter than my skin color on my hand and remove it with this cleanser....after rinsing it off I can still see some foundation on my skin when I look closely!!
I decided to try Fancl makup removal oil after this cleanser disappoined me and Fancl is about ten times better and would not add oil to my skin or dry it off! (And it also remove eye makeup!)
I'm sure you can find way better plain face-makeup remover (that does not remove eye makup or act also as a cleanser) in the market than this one.

on 3/20/2008 11:09:00 PM

I used to use the gel make up remover because my face is oily but then I received this in GWP and found that I loved it way better than the gel. It only takes a small pea sized amount and foams beautifully. And this doesn't dry out my skin like the gel. Of course is it not a cleanser, but I like removing make up before I actually wash my face. It is very creamy and smooth and leaves my face very clean feeling.

on 3/20/2008 11:04:00 PM

I first tried Rinse-off when I was given a generously sized 100ml sample by a sales assistant, who recommended using it as a makeup remover. I can't say what the product is like as a cleanser, but as a makeup remover, it does the job really well.

I start off by wiping my face with a cotton pad with Dove's Deep Cleansing Cream (but you can find similar products from Ponds and co). It's a very rich cream and really removes the bulk of your makeup. I follow it on with Rinse-off to cleanse away residue makeup and make sure nothing is clogged in my pores. The foaming quality to Rinse-off makes sure the richness of the Dove cream effects my combination sensitive type skin, but it's not so abrasive that it will dry my skin out either, so you feel like the skin is not only really clean and makeup free but also moisturised.

At first inspection, the price doesn't seem very value for money as a makeup remover, but only a very small amount is needed each time actually so one bottle goes a long way. As a general rule, the size of a small coin would be a decent amount.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This smell is nice, the colour is nice. The product feels soft to the skin and I like the foaming action. It rinses clean, although if I wear makeup, it doesn't remove it all so I follow up with a toner and usually at least two passes. That is disappointing because I like a cleanser to remove all my foundation. I do not use it around the eyes - girls, that's what eye makeup remover is for. Just like there are special creams for the eyes. I like the squeaky clean feeling, though I cannot understand it given the foundation residue, but ok. I too have been beginning to find dry patches which I never have and until reading the reviews here, I didn't realize that it may be the cleanser! I don't think I will repurchase and like every other Clinique cleanser, it will not make it to the finish line for me. My HG is still Elizabeth Arden 2-in-1 Cleanser Toner and that removes everything and is never drying for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know how this is considered a safe makeup remover. I burned my eyes out trying to get my mascara off with this. Thankfully I had a sample version of this and didn't spend money on it. Awful. Trashcan material. Also, leaves a film.

on 2/23/2008 12:08:00 PM

Got it many times from gift set w/ purchase. Have tried many times (wanna make sure I give it chances) but this product dries my skin out badly. Will not use it and will not buy it.

on 2/16/2008 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I HAVE USED THIS MAKEUP REMOVER FOR ABOUT 2-3 YEARS NOW...MY SKIN ISNT OILY--ITS FAIRLY NORMAL....I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I DONT CONSIDER IT TO HAVE A STRONG SCENT, AND IT REMOVES ALL OF MY MAKEUP...IT LATHERS NICELY AND RINSES SQUEAKY CLEAN, AND I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH IT DRYING MY SKIN.....I ALWAYS USE THIS TO REMOVE MY MAKEUP AT NIGHT AND THEN FOLLOW WITH MY USUAL CLEANSER AND SKINCARE ROUTINE......

on 2/14/2008 11:34:00 AM

This is somewhat drying - I do not like using a facial cleanser that makes my face squeak after I have washed it off. It does a good job in removing make up, but take my advice and keep it away from your eyes. I got some near my eyes, by accident, and found that this stuff is caustic in the eye area and causes burning for many minutes after it is flushed out. I think I'll stick with my Philosophy Purity Made Simple or Paula's Choice facial cleanser.