Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 4/12/2008 12:03:00 PM

I've been using this for about 3 weeks after getting it as a GWP, and I really like it. I don't follow it with any other cleanser as some reviewers have mentioned. It isn't that drying to my dry skin on its own, but I think following it with another cleanser would probably be a horrible disaster. I do have to use moisturizer afterwards, but I have to do that with everything else anyway.

on 4/12/2008 10:21:00 AM

This was a GWP. I used this as a cleanser (rather than a make-up remover according to the Clinique SA) and it foams and lather well. My face felt clean and wasn't tight.

on 4/6/2008 10:26:00 PM

While this is recommended for average/combination skin, I recieved this as a gift with purchase and decided to give it a try on my dry-ish skin. It was foamy, non-irritating, and not as drying as I expected it to be. My skin felt rather clean and comfy after using. What felt weird was following it up with the 3 step soap part, as recommeded by Clinique. Lathering up twice with anything is typically a recipe for disaster for me in the long run. And, upon closer inspection, I could still see makeup in the pores of my nose. Hmmm. Not the world's worst, but I think I'll stick with my Pond's cold cream before my Clinique 3-step.

on 4/3/2008 9:00:00 PM

I received a sample tube of this with a GWP. I have very sensitive skin from a horrible sunburn that put me in the hospital, so I am very careful about what I put on my face.

This stuff is heaven to my skin. No fragrance means no irritation. It removes my makeup very well, and leaves my skin feeling great. After using for a few weeks, I really noticed that my skin had smoothed out, and my makeup looked, and applied better.

A little goes a long way, and the travel sized tube I received is well over 1 1/2 months old, and isn't even half way used up.

I will purchase the full sized product once this runs out.

on 4/3/2008 8:43:00 PM

I have received a few GWP's of this, and used it off and on for a few years when I've run out of my face cleanser, or I'm traveling (convenient size). It works well, and I don't break out or get red (sensitive skin), but it is VERY drying and I have to use more moisturizer after, so I probably would not purchase this as it is too harsh for very sensitive or dry skin IMO.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well this is a great cleanser…. and it is cheaper than many other ones (like my HG Erno Laszlo!!).

1) comes in a convenient plastic tube
2) it is a pale lilac cream that, applied to your face lathers up with water in a mild creamy foam
3) mind you… just a TINY amount is needed! if you put too much it goes wasted. A tiny amount will do the (great) job!
4) it takes off carefully all the grease- dirt-makeup you may have on your face
5) its’ OK for combo/oily skin (not for dry as it tends to be a little ‘degreasing’)
6) you skin is so fresh & clean after foaming & clearing it with water
7) It is NOT intended to be an eye make up remover (this you need to do with a specific product on a cotton pad!!!) so do not rub the foam into your eyes! it is a SKIN cleanser, not eye cleanser! This way it will not burn your eyes... :o)
8) I can only recommend it… a very good cleanser at a truly reasonable price!!!

on 3/28/2008 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great product I love it removes my make up perfect(And I use this to remove my eye make up too)and the proof that this product works is on my cottonpud that ends up to be completely clear when I use my toner after cleaning my face with Rinse-off foaming cleanser.Skin feels clean,and fresh.Is concentrated.A tiny amount lathers perfect and the lather feels creamy not foamy.It s a very very good product I m in love:))) I m using this for years.Remover and cleanser and the price is good too

on 3/23/2008 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

great product, but it burns the hell out of my eyes. not a very good eye make-up remover but a really good basic cleanser if you want something that leaves you feeling very 'clean'. it's one of the few things i've tried that actually does not make me break out or irritate my skin! also it's not scented, which is nice. i know they say you are supposed to use a cleanser after this, but i dont feel that i need to use one as long as i am using a toner. their liquid facial soap is shit anyway so i'd rather use this. also, if you ever buy anything from a clinique sales counter, educate yourself on the products and their ingredients before you go because from all my experiences, their sales associates are complete idiots who know next to nothing about skin care and are just working to fill their commission quota. too bad since most of their skin care is very good for the price.

on 3/22/2008 5:54:00 AM

I have oily skin so I was looking for a non-oil based makeup removal product. I was told at Sephora that this is actually a makeup remover instead of a cleanser and normal cleansing/toning procedures should follow after using this product.
First of all, it totally dries my skin off!! After using it for makeup removal, I felt like my skin woud peel off if I have give my skin another touch (but I was supposed to clean my face!). If it could be worse- it BURNS my eyes!!
The main point is..it doesn't remove makeup all that well. I actually tested this by using a foundation that is two tone lighter than my skin color on my hand and remove it with this cleanser....after rinsing it off I can still see some foundation on my skin when I look closely!!
I decided to try Fancl makup removal oil after this cleanser disappoined me and Fancl is about ten times better and would not add oil to my skin or dry it off! (And it also remove eye makeup!)
I'm sure you can find way better plain face-makeup remover (that does not remove eye makup or act also as a cleanser) in the market than this one.

on 3/20/2008 11:09:00 PM

I used to use the gel make up remover because my face is oily but then I received this in GWP and found that I loved it way better than the gel. It only takes a small pea sized amount and foams beautifully. And this doesn't dry out my skin like the gel. Of course is it not a cleanser, but I like removing make up before I actually wash my face. It is very creamy and smooth and leaves my face very clean feeling.