September 30, 2014 | 1628 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by thecoolkid619

This eyeliner is pretty bad.
I would not buy it again.
It is a little messy to apply with.
It peels/flakes off. It kind of looks like bits of plastic after it drys. Its just bad. I only use it occasionaly because it is waterproof and I am too lazy to go buy another waterproof liquid eyeliner. It doesn't last very long either

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by rawrcelle

This is my first liquid eyeliner ever. I got it on sale at a local longs drug store for 4 dollars. So i cannot really compare this to other products

I love the fact that this eyeliner is:
-Jet black
-Shiny
-the brush is precise
-goes on smooth
-Dramatic eyes easy with product
-Can create winged effect
-It sometimes stays on all day

*The trick is to put a base try to put it on after you have done your eyeshadows

Dislike the fact:
-It PEELS off. and if i rub my eye it will (this looks funny)
-Flakes onto my skin
-DOES NOT pair well with fake lashes, IT WILL Definitely peel. And you will go on looking weird all night, with peeling lashes and eyeliner. HAH.

I do not like how it peels, I might buy this product again but i might try out the revlon liquid eye liners. The ratings are much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by gva7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner awhile back and have stopped using it after two weeks. The reason for that is because it did not work for me. The brush was not fine enough, which made the application difficulr for me to create that thin line that I like. The brush reminds me of the brushes for nail polishes, but just not as big. The product also flakes by the end of the day. I would not buy this liner again. I'll stick to the pointy tip liquid eyeliners instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by silhouetteDREAMS22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think I've finally found the perfect liner, although I can't be 100% sure since I just bought it. I've always had problems with smudging eyeliner (last year I had to invest in a lot of makeup remover pens because my eyeliner smudged so badly) but Maybelline Ultra Liner doesn't budge! Not even when I tried to smudge it with my finger. But, like previous reviewers have said, the packaging is rather hideous. It doesn't really matter though - as long as the product works! I find that it's a bit difficult to apply to my upper lids though, since I seem to always get it on my eyelashes (I guess I haven't practiced enough?). My lower lid matters more to me though, so for now this product gets a 5/5.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this liner gets such bad reviews. I have tried nearly every brand out there, and as a liquid liner goes this one is outstanding, and it only costs about five bucks too! If you have oily skin or you work out a lot or have runny eyes, this is the eyeliner for you. I have chronic allergies and runny eyes, this refuses to budge. It's a miracle for me, seriously. I wear it on my lower lash line, so applying it is tricky as this was not made for blending or smudging, but if I apply it gently and then smush my waterproof mascara wand into when applying I get a soft look as if I used a pencil. Otherwise, this makes a bold, thin line that is great if you want that look. The wand is very easy to control. Also, be aware that if you get this onto your eyelashes it will dry on them and clump them up, and if this happens you have to apply your mascara right away to fix the problem. Like I said, lower lash line application is tricky with this. You have to practice with this liner for a couple days to get accustomed to applying it the way you want. I gave this a four on packaging because it's so ugly, but as one reviewer says, the package stays home all the time anyway. If you want an eyeliner that will not come off unless you purposely take it off, if you're willing to practice a little bit, and if you are budget-conscious, this is the one to try. ($5.50 USD at Wal-Mart)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by missjestr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail eyeliner. I have spent the last 4 years looking for my favorite eyeliner, I have tried MAC Fluidline, MAC Liquidlast (which is great but pricey), Revlon Colorstay, Kiss Me Heroine Liquid Eyeliner, L'Oreal Lineur Intense, Prestige Liquid Eyeliner, etc. But most failed on me because THEY ALL SMUDGED!
This one though, is waterproof and has a nice, almost shiny finish, that I actually like. It doesn't smudge, and it very easy to apply.

Though alot of people complain about flaking, it didn't flake much on my oily eyelids. I find that it works great on people with oily lids and watery eyes.

Need I say more? I have only used this for a couple days, so I'll see if I changed my mind. But for now, I am in love with this eyeliner. I am so relieved...now I dont have to spend over $10 on eyeliner. I can settle with $5.86. :D

EDIT: Now for some reason I tried applying it to my waterline and it wont apply......it just slides right off. Now that's a big bummer. Not only that, it flakes alot on me now. I'm so dissappointed......I guess I must continue my search for my holy grail eyeliner. :'(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by flcndvsx

I'm not much on liquid eyeliner unless it's in pen form. This one is pretty decent though as far as staying in place. I can never seem to manipulate the brush though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by WickedHuntress1

Love it! I just started using liquid liner and I tried Loreals teleoscopic carbon black first. Ouch, I hated that stuff. It was hard to get on. I do not know if it is just because I cannot stand the felt tip. I know it is all personal preference. I love the brush on this one though. It is very easily managed. I should mention I wear the dark brown version. It goes very well with my fair skin tone. I could never wear pencil liner on my upper lids because it just smudged everywhere and not in the good way. I must have oily lids so I did not have any trouble with it flaking off until I was taking it off but I like that alot better then having to scrub my delicate eye area.
I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

I like this but I don't like the brush and it's a bit hard to get off. It has good pigment and is really water-proof. The brush makes it a little hard to make delicate lines and it you get some on your lashes forget it. It dries nice a quick though. Pretty good product. I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by aebricker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It flakes, and I don't the brush as well as I like the marker tip eyeliners because I feel i don't have as much control (but then that's probably personal preference). Personal preference aside; many better, longer-lasting formulas are out there without having to pay much. I also think the packaging looks cheap, which even though I know that doesn't matter, it kinda turns me off anyway.

I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 cuz some people are looking for a thicker line. Maybe the formula stays put on some people more than me; I don't know.