Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 2/6/2009 12:12:00 PM

One of the worst purchases one could possibly make!!! It is extremely terrible! It would harded causing it to flake! I would not recommend it to anyone.

on 2/5/2009 8:41:00 AM

I love, love looove this liner. I've been using this for about a month and really love the staying power of this liner. I have one monolid and one double-lid and the monolid (I'm Asian) doesn't smear the liner at all. Ultra liner dries super fast. I find that if I make a mistake, pointy-tipped Q-tips are the perfect tool for touch-ups. There is a LOT of product in the bottle (0.25 fl oz.).

The brush stem tends to get clumpy, but I just use a tissue to wipe it down.

I've been test driving MAC's Fluidline and it smudges like crazy even after using Paint Pot as a base. Ultra does not smudge! It dries as a solid and flakes off (if it "falls off" at all). I'd rather have flakes than smudges all over undereye area.

on 2/2/2009 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

yes I agree with other comments, the brush is super hard to draw perfect line, I don't have time in the morning to draw slowly to get the perfect results and practice. It smears easily and comes off pretty quick, do not like it at all.

on 1/25/2009 2:25:00 PM

The brush makes the eyeliner difficult to apply and worst of all, it peels and flakes off even when I don't touch it.

on 1/21/2009 9:29:00 PM

I have been using Maybelline's Ultra Liner for years now, and it is truly the only long-wearing, smudgeproof liner that I have ever been happy with. I am Asian and most liquid liners tend to smudge on my lower lids as the day wears on. Ultra liner stays exactly where I want it. Though it does have a tendency to flake rather than smudge, for me, minor flaking is the lesser of two evils. I love the stuff!

on 1/19/2009 10:30:00 PM

I saw it in a youtube makeup video and it looked great. When I tried it; it peels and the line isn't thin enough.

on 1/11/2009 10:25:00 PM

STAY AWAY FROM THIS LINER. It goes on well, but flakes by the end of the day. You can find so much better products out there for this price!

on 12/28/2008 7:26:00 PM

This eyeliner is pretty bad.
I would not buy it again.
It is a little messy to apply with.
It peels/flakes off. It kind of looks like bits of plastic after it drys. Its just bad. I only use it occasionaly because it is waterproof and I am too lazy to go buy another waterproof liquid eyeliner. It doesn't last very long either

on 12/25/2008 8:21:00 AM

This is my first liquid eyeliner ever. I got it on sale at a local longs drug store for 4 dollars. So i cannot really compare this to other products

I love the fact that this eyeliner is:
-Jet black
-Shiny
-the brush is precise
-goes on smooth
-Dramatic eyes easy with product
-Can create winged effect
-It sometimes stays on all day

*The trick is to put a base try to put it on after you have done your eyeshadows

Dislike the fact:
-It PEELS off. and if i rub my eye it will (this looks funny)
-Flakes onto my skin
-DOES NOT pair well with fake lashes, IT WILL Definitely peel. And you will go on looking weird all night, with peeling lashes and eyeliner. HAH.

I do not like how it peels, I might buy this product again but i might try out the revlon liquid eye liners. The ratings are much better.

on 12/22/2008 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this eyeliner awhile back and have stopped using it after two weeks. The reason for that is because it did not work for me. The brush was not fine enough, which made the application difficulr for me to create that thin line that I like. The brush reminds me of the brushes for nail polishes, but just not as big. The product also flakes by the end of the day. I would not buy this liner again. I'll stick to the pointy tip liquid eyeliners instead.