Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 2/9/2009 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Worse product ever!

So hard to apply on! yucks! draws a thick line, instead of thin, and need to shake the bottle a lot the get the liner out!

and it smears like crazy.. so annoying

so so not pigmented at all. seems like a soft black, when i got the darkest black.needs lots n lots of layering to make it seem black enough

on 2/6/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this liner, b/c it truely does not smudge. I have extremely oily lids and due to my crease, the upper part of my eyelid touches my lashline (I think this is called a hooded lid, but not sure). All eyeliners will leave a black smudge on the upper part of my lid where it touches my lashline, but this 100% does not. The only time this flaked on me was after a very long day of wearing it, (my eyelids were pretty greasy by that time) and I rubbed my eye. I also think it is easier to remove than most waterproof eyeliners.

What I don't like about this liner, is that it's too glossy and almost plastic looking. Due to the glossiness, you cannot put eye shadow over it, b/c it'll make the liner look wrinkly.

Bottomline, I love this when I want a dramatic liquid-lined look that'll last all day.

on 2/6/2009 12:12:00 PM

One of the worst purchases one could possibly make!!! It is extremely terrible! It would harded causing it to flake! I would not recommend it to anyone.

on 2/5/2009 8:41:00 AM

I love, love looove this liner. I've been using this for about a month and really love the staying power of this liner. I have one monolid and one double-lid and the monolid (I'm Asian) doesn't smear the liner at all. Ultra liner dries super fast. I find that if I make a mistake, pointy-tipped Q-tips are the perfect tool for touch-ups. There is a LOT of product in the bottle (0.25 fl oz.).

The brush stem tends to get clumpy, but I just use a tissue to wipe it down.

I've been test driving MAC's Fluidline and it smudges like crazy even after using Paint Pot as a base. Ultra does not smudge! It dries as a solid and flakes off (if it "falls off" at all). I'd rather have flakes than smudges all over undereye area.

on 2/2/2009 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

yes I agree with other comments, the brush is super hard to draw perfect line, I don't have time in the morning to draw slowly to get the perfect results and practice. It smears easily and comes off pretty quick, do not like it at all.

on 1/25/2009 2:25:00 PM

The brush makes the eyeliner difficult to apply and worst of all, it peels and flakes off even when I don't touch it.

on 1/21/2009 9:29:00 PM

I have been using Maybelline's Ultra Liner for years now, and it is truly the only long-wearing, smudgeproof liner that I have ever been happy with. I am Asian and most liquid liners tend to smudge on my lower lids as the day wears on. Ultra liner stays exactly where I want it. Though it does have a tendency to flake rather than smudge, for me, minor flaking is the lesser of two evils. I love the stuff!

on 1/19/2009 10:30:00 PM

I saw it in a youtube makeup video and it looked great. When I tried it; it peels and the line isn't thin enough.

on 1/11/2009 10:25:00 PM

STAY AWAY FROM THIS LINER. It goes on well, but flakes by the end of the day. You can find so much better products out there for this price!

on 12/28/2008 7:26:00 PM

This eyeliner is pretty bad.
I would not buy it again.
It is a little messy to apply with.
It peels/flakes off. It kind of looks like bits of plastic after it drys. Its just bad. I only use it occasionaly because it is waterproof and I am too lazy to go buy another waterproof liquid eyeliner. It doesn't last very long either