Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 2/2/2009 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

yes I agree with other comments, the brush is super hard to draw perfect line, I don't have time in the morning to draw slowly to get the perfect results and practice. It smears easily and comes off pretty quick, do not like it at all.

on 1/25/2009 2:25:00 PM

The brush makes the eyeliner difficult to apply and worst of all, it peels and flakes off even when I don't touch it.

on 1/21/2009 9:29:00 PM

I have been using Maybelline's Ultra Liner for years now, and it is truly the only long-wearing, smudgeproof liner that I have ever been happy with. I am Asian and most liquid liners tend to smudge on my lower lids as the day wears on. Ultra liner stays exactly where I want it. Though it does have a tendency to flake rather than smudge, for me, minor flaking is the lesser of two evils. I love the stuff!

on 1/19/2009 10:30:00 PM

I saw it in a youtube makeup video and it looked great. When I tried it; it peels and the line isn't thin enough.

on 1/11/2009 10:25:00 PM

STAY AWAY FROM THIS LINER. It goes on well, but flakes by the end of the day. You can find so much better products out there for this price!

on 12/28/2008 7:26:00 PM

This eyeliner is pretty bad.
I would not buy it again.
It is a little messy to apply with.
It peels/flakes off. It kind of looks like bits of plastic after it drys. Its just bad. I only use it occasionaly because it is waterproof and I am too lazy to go buy another waterproof liquid eyeliner. It doesn't last very long either

on 12/25/2008 8:21:00 AM

This is my first liquid eyeliner ever. I got it on sale at a local longs drug store for 4 dollars. So i cannot really compare this to other products

I love the fact that this eyeliner is:
-Jet black
-Shiny
-the brush is precise
-goes on smooth
-Dramatic eyes easy with product
-Can create winged effect
-It sometimes stays on all day

*The trick is to put a base try to put it on after you have done your eyeshadows

Dislike the fact:
-It PEELS off. and if i rub my eye it will (this looks funny)
-Flakes onto my skin
-DOES NOT pair well with fake lashes, IT WILL Definitely peel. And you will go on looking weird all night, with peeling lashes and eyeliner. HAH.

I do not like how it peels, I might buy this product again but i might try out the revlon liquid eye liners. The ratings are much better.

on 12/22/2008 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this eyeliner awhile back and have stopped using it after two weeks. The reason for that is because it did not work for me. The brush was not fine enough, which made the application difficulr for me to create that thin line that I like. The brush reminds me of the brushes for nail polishes, but just not as big. The product also flakes by the end of the day. I would not buy this liner again. I'll stick to the pointy tip liquid eyeliners instead.

I think I've finally found the perfect liner, although I can't be 100% sure since I just bought it. I've always had problems with smudging eyeliner (last year I had to invest in a lot of makeup remover pens because my eyeliner smudged so badly) but Maybelline Ultra Liner doesn't budge! Not even when I tried to smudge it with my finger. But, like previous reviewers have said, the packaging is rather hideous. It doesn't really matter though - as long as the product works! I find that it's a bit difficult to apply to my upper lids though, since I seem to always get it on my eyelashes (I guess I haven't practiced enough?). My lower lid matters more to me though, so for now this product gets a 5/5.

on 12/6/2008 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe this liner gets such bad reviews. I have tried nearly every brand out there, and as a liquid liner goes this one is outstanding, and it only costs about five bucks too! If you have oily skin or you work out a lot or have runny eyes, this is the eyeliner for you. I have chronic allergies and runny eyes, this refuses to budge. It's a miracle for me, seriously. I wear it on my lower lash line, so applying it is tricky as this was not made for blending or smudging, but if I apply it gently and then smush my waterproof mascara wand into when applying I get a soft look as if I used a pencil. Otherwise, this makes a bold, thin line that is great if you want that look. The wand is very easy to control. Also, be aware that if you get this onto your eyelashes it will dry on them and clump them up, and if this happens you have to apply your mascara right away to fix the problem. Like I said, lower lash line application is tricky with this. You have to practice with this liner for a couple days to get accustomed to applying it the way you want. I gave this a four on packaging because it's so ugly, but as one reviewer says, the package stays home all the time anyway. If you want an eyeliner that will not come off unless you purposely take it off, if you're willing to practice a little bit, and if you are budget-conscious, this is the one to try. ($5.50 USD at Wal-Mart)