Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 6/3/2005 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation/powder. I realized that I had not been applying correctly before but since I bought a flecked sponge (also at Sallys, ~$2, made of velour type material), I have been getting excellent coverage with this. I need extra coverage on my cheeks and this is the only thing from the myriad of products I have bought over the years that does not make me look like I am wearing make-up. I use Neutrogena's rapid clear moisturizer on my cheeks, wait for it to absorb and then I apply Palladio with the flecked sponge. Even under the harshest light, the right coverage can make you look like you are not wearing any make-up at all. It lasts pretty long but I do touch up some time later on in the day. As I have very oily skin, I am always afraid of makeup turning orange or muddy due to the mid-day oil. This foundation does not change colors on me. I wear it in Everlasting tan. I recommend this product (applied with a flecked sponge) to anyone who needs extra coverage without looking made-up. Better than any liquid foundation and mineral foundation. A wonderful, wonderful product. UPDATE: I had to downgrade this because yesterday was an especially hot and humid day that put this powder to the test. it looked awful after the heat and humidity made my skin really oily. if you have dry skin, this would be great i guess. but not for oily girls. darn darn darn

on 4/19/2005 12:02:00 PM

I have been using this wet/dry foundation for about 2 years and love it. It goes on nicely and does not cause any breakouts at all. I also like the packaging. I like that the sponge does not sit on top of the foundation like some do. It has it's own compartment under the foundation. Will repurchase over and over again.

on 4/12/2005 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in WD405 Neroli Bronze since I am tanning. It was just a tad too dark so I swept it down onto my neck too so there wouldn't be a contrast. It will work better when I get a little more tan.

I love how soft the powder is. I can't even feel it on my skin after I put it on, and it seems to blend in even better with time. I applied it dry with a powder brush over concealer. I plan to try it wet with the sponge that is included.

UPDATE: Began to notice this was changing to an orangey color as time wore on! No longer using.

on 3/21/2005 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this. The packaging is wonderful. I tried numerous shades and I always came home at the end of the day orange.
I don't have oily skin. Matter of fact I have dry skin so I am not sure why I always turn orange. I normally wear nude beige colors, so I purchased this in a similar shade. My search for a HG continues.

My only complaint about this product is it's hard to find in certain chains of drugstores, and they are often out of the lighter shades. Otherwise, I love this product!

on 3/9/2005 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow this stuff is really good! A lot does come off onto the brush so you need to be careful not to put too much on, but you can't beat the price! Doesn't make me break out or look too chalky.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Favorite powder so far. I use a brush to apply it because the sponge tends to put too much on. You have to be sure to tap all the excess off and buff the powder in really well or else it will look flaky after a while. Since my nose is especially oily, i just wet my fingers with water and apply the powder like a foundation. I dont have to touch it up for about 8 hours or so. I just use oil absorbing sheets throughout the day, simply because nothing can make me shine-free. If you apply it right, you wont look like you're wearing makeup at all.

on 1/24/2005 7:27:00 AM

Decided to try this powder foundation after reading all the great reviews for this product. The texture and application of this powder is flawless. You can't even tell you are wearing it after you put it on, it just looks like your skin. The problem is, at least for me, that it always turns orange. At first, I thought it was because I had mistakenly chosen the wrong shade (natural clarey). So I purchased a lighter shade (ivory myrrh) and it still turned orange. I'm really disappointed that a product that applies so beautifully can end up looking so bad. I tried Cover Girl Pocket Powders instead. It is similar to the Palladio, except it is talc based instead of rice powder. It applies almost as well, is cheaper than Palladio, and never changes color. I'm starting to conclude that for people with truly oily skin, it's the interaction of the rice powder with the oils in the skin that causes the product to turn orange.
UPDATE: Purchased again and have completely changed my mind about this product. Bought shade laurel nude and applied it with a Real Techniques buffing brush. Color stays true throughout the day with little darkening and meshes well with the skin. One of the best powder foundations available.

on 1/16/2005 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Oh how I wanted to love this product. After reading the reviews, I just knew this was going to be my HG and replace my Studiofix. I first bought this in Cappucino (I'm a NC40/42). That color was way too dark. I went back and got the Everlasting Tan, this shade worked well on me. (I would probably wear the next shade up-Neroli Bronze in the summer). It just does not give me the coverage I need (mild acne/scarring) like Studiofix does. I've applied it with a sponge dry and damp.(I don't do brushes)
Also, after about 3 hours, it gives my skin a gray-ish tone. However- it does control my oily skin VERY well, while SFix does not. So, I guess I'm gonna have to go back to my expensive HG S-Fix because the most important thing is what product makes me "look like I'm not wearing makeup" and Studiofix wins.

on 1/6/2005 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I accidentally left my Giorgio Armani Silk Powder Foundation at home when on vacation this month and I was forced to go out and find something else to use in it's place. I found this at Sally's and decided to give it a try. First off, the $10 price tag is great, and the compact is perfect with the separate containers for sponge and foundation. This is no where near the quality of Armani and it's not as silky or finely milled but in an emergency it works just fine. It didn't break me out and it provides nice coverage w/o being too chalky. I bought it in Laurel Nude and it's a close match to my skin tone. I would buy this again if I ever needed to and I would definetly recommend this to others.