December 18, 2014 | 1638 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2005 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Roseohope

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this. The packaging is wonderful. I tried numerous shades and I always came home at the end of the day orange.
I don't have oily skin. Matter of fact I have dry skin so I am not sure why I always turn orange. I normally wear nude beige colors, so I purchased this in a similar shade. My search for a HG continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2005 6:48:00 PM More reviews by messhedontwant

My only complaint about this product is it's hard to find in certain chains of drugstores, and they are often out of the lighter shades. Otherwise, I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow this stuff is really good! A lot does come off onto the brush so you need to be careful not to put too much on, but you can't beat the price! Doesn't make me break out or look too chalky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2005 2:04:00 PM More reviews by goblin_king_groupie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Favorite powder so far. I use a brush to apply it because the sponge tends to put too much on. You have to be sure to tap all the excess off and buff the powder in really well or else it will look flaky after a while. Since my nose is especially oily, i just wet my fingers with water and apply the powder like a foundation. I dont have to touch it up for about 8 hours or so. I just use oil absorbing sheets throughout the day, simply because nothing can make me shine-free. If you apply it right, you wont look like you're wearing makeup at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2005 7:27:00 AM More reviews by cmlaporte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Decided to try this powder foundation after reading all the great reviews for this product. The texture and application of this powder is flawless. You can't even tell you are wearing it after you put it on, it just looks like your skin. The problem is, at least for me, that it always turns orange. At first, I thought it was because I had mistakenly chosen the wrong shade (natural clarey). So I purchased a lighter shade (ivory myrrh) and it still turned orange. I'm really disappointed that a product that applies so beautifully can end up looking so bad. I tried Cover Girl Pocket Powders instead. It is similar to the Palladio, except it is talc based instead of rice powder. It applies almost as well, is cheaper than Palladio, and never changes color. I'm starting to conclude that for people with truly oily skin, it's the interaction of the rice powder with the oils in the skin that causes the product to turn orange.
UPDATE: Purchased again and have completely changed my mind about this product. Bought shade laurel nude and applied it with a Real Techniques buffing brush. Color stays true throughout the day with little darkening and meshes well with the skin. One of the best powder foundations available.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2005 11:30:00 AM More reviews by klove1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh how I wanted to love this product. After reading the reviews, I just knew this was going to be my HG and replace my Studiofix. I first bought this in Cappucino (I'm a NC40/42). That color was way too dark. I went back and got the Everlasting Tan, this shade worked well on me. (I would probably wear the next shade up-Neroli Bronze in the summer). It just does not give me the coverage I need (mild acne/scarring) like Studiofix does. I've applied it with a sponge dry and damp.(I don't do brushes)
Also, after about 3 hours, it gives my skin a gray-ish tone. However- it does control my oily skin VERY well, while SFix does not. So, I guess I'm gonna have to go back to my expensive HG S-Fix because the most important thing is what product makes me "look like I'm not wearing makeup" and Studiofix wins.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 9:03:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I accidentally left my Giorgio Armani Silk Powder Foundation at home when on vacation this month and I was forced to go out and find something else to use in it's place. I found this at Sally's and decided to give it a try. First off, the $10 price tag is great, and the compact is perfect with the separate containers for sponge and foundation. This is no where near the quality of Armani and it's not as silky or finely milled but in an emergency it works just fine. It didn't break me out and it provides nice coverage w/o being too chalky. I bought it in Laurel Nude and it's a close match to my skin tone. I would buy this again if I ever needed to and I would definetly recommend this to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2004 8:53:00 PM More reviews by katgirly74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really prefer this product over MAC StudioFix & it's less than 1/2 the price. It gives a nice, long-lasting matte finish & the compact comes with a separate compartment for the sponge (always a plus). The lightest shade (Laurel Nude) works well for my PPP skin, but it does come in a very limited range of colors - http://www.palladiobeauty.com/wetdryfound.htm
ETA: I quit using this & removed one lippie since I think this was making me breakout. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2004 12:48:00 PM More reviews by shan226

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: I loved the compact packaging ...you get a small seperate compartment to store the sponge applicator.
I loved the fact that I could swipe it on (or use my kabuki to dust on) and be out the door.

Cons: Within about two hours there was serious break through shine (and I am not that oily to begin with) plus as the day went on ...it took on a bit of an orange tinge. Was also not as long lasting as others have reported. Wiped off on everything.

The shade I purchased for my medium skin was Natural Tan.

I won't be buying this again.

I did however, pick up the Natural Rice powder ...the one that comes in a small white box in block form and I really do like this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by squeakbox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am giving this a 3 because it was just so/so on me. It definitely goes on very matte, but also emphasized the lines under my eyes which normally aren't noticable. It does provide great coverage(I only used it dry not wet). I found that using a brush instead of the sponge made it blend easier and not look so cakey. If you are looking for a very matte powder foundation this could work very well for you.