July 30, 2014 | 992 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2005 11:30:00 AM More reviews by klove1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh how I wanted to love this product. After reading the reviews, I just knew this was going to be my HG and replace my Studiofix. I first bought this in Cappucino (I'm a NC40/42). That color was way too dark. I went back and got the Everlasting Tan, this shade worked well on me. (I would probably wear the next shade up-Neroli Bronze in the summer). It just does not give me the coverage I need (mild acne/scarring) like Studiofix does. I've applied it with a sponge dry and damp.(I don't do brushes)
Also, after about 3 hours, it gives my skin a gray-ish tone. However- it does control my oily skin VERY well, while SFix does not. So, I guess I'm gonna have to go back to my expensive HG S-Fix because the most important thing is what product makes me "look like I'm not wearing makeup" and Studiofix wins.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 9:03:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I accidentally left my Giorgio Armani Silk Powder Foundation at home when on vacation this month and I was forced to go out and find something else to use in it's place. I found this at Sally's and decided to give it a try. First off, the $10 price tag is great, and the compact is perfect with the separate containers for sponge and foundation. This is no where near the quality of Armani and it's not as silky or finely milled but in an emergency it works just fine. It didn't break me out and it provides nice coverage w/o being too chalky. I bought it in Laurel Nude and it's a close match to my skin tone. I would buy this again if I ever needed to and I would definetly recommend this to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2004 8:53:00 PM More reviews by katgirly74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really prefer this product over MAC StudioFix & it's less than 1/2 the price. It gives a nice, long-lasting matte finish & the compact comes with a separate compartment for the sponge (always a plus). The lightest shade (Laurel Nude) works well for my PPP skin, but it does come in a very limited range of colors - http://www.palladiobeauty.com/wetdryfound.htm
ETA: I quit using this & removed one lippie since I think this was making me breakout. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2004 12:48:00 PM More reviews by shan226

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: I loved the compact packaging ...you get a small seperate compartment to store the sponge applicator.
I loved the fact that I could swipe it on (or use my kabuki to dust on) and be out the door.

Cons: Within about two hours there was serious break through shine (and I am not that oily to begin with) plus as the day went on ...it took on a bit of an orange tinge. Was also not as long lasting as others have reported. Wiped off on everything.

The shade I purchased for my medium skin was Natural Tan.

I won't be buying this again.

I did however, pick up the Natural Rice powder ...the one that comes in a small white box in block form and I really do like this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by squeakbox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am giving this a 3 because it was just so/so on me. It definitely goes on very matte, but also emphasized the lines under my eyes which normally aren't noticable. It does provide great coverage(I only used it dry not wet). I found that using a brush instead of the sponge made it blend easier and not look so cakey. If you are looking for a very matte powder foundation this could work very well for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2004 12:01:00 AM More reviews by saebbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I love this. i have it in ivory myrrh. I wear it over CG aquasmooth in natural ivory. Alone or wet this foundation is too dark for my fair freckled skin (try to stay away from tanning) In the middle of the summer though I wear it alone as a light powder. GREAT coverage. I really love this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2004 6:27:00 PM More reviews by goaway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

*sigh* I really wanted this to work for me. I just purchased it a few days ago and my overall impressions are not good. The color for me is waay to dark. I'm a MMM-GGG and got the Cappaccino color. I dunno, I guess the lighting was wierd at Sally's or something, or maybe I should have went with my gut and went with the Neroli Bronze color. The coverage is not very good either. Used wet, it left a film on the foundation. It doesn't cover anything, but just leaves a steaky film of color, even when conservatively used dry as a powder. I really thought this would work for me. I will probably save this until summer comes around and try it again. Maybe I just bought and old box? I wanted to buy another box in a different color, but realized there's no point because of the lacking coverage and the additional 11 bucks. Such a disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2004 2:27:00 PM More reviews by JillWD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently repurchased this in a lighter color for the winter. I really like to apply this as a powder & haven't used it wet. Love to wear it alone & under my MK foundation for extra coverage. I have acne-prone super oily skin, so after applying in the morning, I must blot w/ my blotting sheets. Initially, this feels very light-weight, but thruough the course of day, I noticed a heavier feeling to my makeup. For that reason 4 lippies, but a definite repurchase & I will try wet & update. UPDATE: Stopped using this product. It got darker on my face & the heavy feeling on my skin was more than I could bear. I switched to LM foundation & love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2004 2:27:00 PM More reviews by MarathonMom

This is an incredible powder foundation. I first found mine at Sally's but then when I needed more they were out so I ordered it online directly from Palladio. I believe they have a $25 minimum order policy so I ordered 3 of them. I use Cypress Beige. For reference, I'm a MAC NC20 and BB Warm Sand. Palladio goes on very smoothly and it lasts on my combo skin for at least 7 hours, and then I need to touch up around my nose and chin. Also, it's transfer-resistant and it will not rub off on your clothes like MAC StudioFix. I highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2004 1:52:00 PM More reviews by masonf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have pinkish undertones and this looked ok at application (8am) but by 11am I looked extremely orange!! Basically once the oil in your skin mixes with product it turns orange. Estee Lauder Double Matte is the same coverage and keeps its color...much better product than this.