October 25, 2014 | 1323 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by parislovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I have pretty mild acne but I still suffer from small papsules which are so annoying. This keeps it under control. I only use it as a mask which I leave on for overnight.

I stopped using this for about a week and I noticed my skin wasn't as smooth and clear...so happy I'm using it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by priscillawong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product more as a mask than as a cleanser. Also, I only apply it to my T-zone because that's the most oily part of my face. This product cleans up very well; my blackheads are lighter (but not entirely gone) and I love the tingly feeling this gives me while I leave it on. I only use this product at night before I sleep because it leaves my face very red, but only for a few hours. It's very strong and I think it strips away too much oil, so I need to moisturize right after I use this. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not exactly sure why all skin care companies are making all their cleansers with salicylic acid now a days, but SA does not work on my acne as well as benzoyl peroxide. This was the only BP cleanser I saw at Target so I grabbed it. I wanted a BP cleanser because my whole face is covered with pimples yet again and I figured using a BP cleanser would be more convenient than using spot treatments. Also I think a BP cleanser is a bit less harsh since the full amount of BP on my skin would only be for a few seconds rather than hours. This cleanser/mask has 3.5% BP. I've been using this for about 2 weeks or so and my pizza face is starting to heal once again. I can finally eat without pain. I only use this at night so the effect of the BP can help my acne heal better while i sleep (our body does the best healing when we sleep). I use this as a mask once or twice a week. I also love that I can use this as a mask too. Great that it has koalin clay and bentonite, which helps absorb and bring out impurities in the skin. Only bad thing that I hate about using BP products is that it bleaches fabrics. Overall, I love this product and I'm happy to see that many other people feel the same way. So far it's working great on me. Now.... if only I can stop picking and touching my face because I think that's the root cause of my huge breakouts. sigh....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Awww, based on the great reviews I had such high hopes for this, but alas, it didn't work for me AT ALL.
right after using it my pores looked a little cleaner, but that didn't last but for an hour. Every time I used this, an hour later, my face was SO greasy, it was shining, and my face NEVER gets greasy like that. it triggered over production of oil, I guess b/c the benzyl peroxide over dries my skin? so, due to the incredible greasiness my blackheads got WORSE!

and the worst part: it broke blood vessels on my face! I had these strange red marks for several days. this stuff went in the trash.

I've tried at least 6 neutrogena cleansers/products and none work at all, so I'm steering clear from now on of this brand.. :-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I currently use this as a cleanser even though I do not have any skin issues (other than large pores which get clogged easily). It works pretty well, cleanses skin nicely and doesn't leave that obnoxious film like some cleansers do. I like that you can use it either as a cleanser or a mask. It works nicely for my skin and I'm sure that it would work even better for someone with skin issues.

There is one problem with it though - it is definitely not for sensitive skin. It's a rather harsh product and should not be used as a mask by someone with sensitive skin... Also, it's a bad idea to leave it on the face for more than a few minutes. I have relatively sensitive skin and when I use it as a cleanser it works just fine, but if I use it as a mask and leave it on for more than a few minutesmy skin turns red (obvious sign of irritation). I remember putting it on once and leaving it on for maybe 6 or 7 minutes. After I washed my face it looked like I was wearing a red mask. Thankfully the redness went away within the hour, but it still wasn't very pleasant to look at.

Overall it is a good product. I would not repurchase it again simply because I don't have acne issues so using a product for acne is pretty pointless. I need something that cleanses as well as this product but is a bit milder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by urbankiwiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember when I used to use this, I rarely got acne. I wish I knew why I stopped using it, but I found it last month and picked it up again!. best decision ever. this is great to use as a mask, esp on the t-zone. after about 5 or 7 minutes, i carefully wash it off, and i instantly have less blackheads and less oil. the best results come the next day though- m pores are invisible and my blackheads aren't even noticeable. i would be careful with where i use this and how long i leave it on though, if you're sensitive, this prob isn't for you. it left my cheeks red and pink, when i left it for more than 4 minutes. this 2 in 1 also works great as a cleanser, though i prefer the mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by besita

I absolutely love this stuff! I have been using it as a mask and it has done wonders for my skin. It really helped clear up the stubborn whiteheads and blackheads that I had. It is scented (smells good!) and is very tingly from the moment you put it on. It makes my skin feel super clean without any irritation or redness. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kjankowski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product totally blew my mind. In all my 25 years, I have never found a product that actually completely cleared away my blackheads after one use - or any number of uses, actually. I long ago came to the conclusion that something like that just didn't exist and that all the products claiming to were just exaggerating. BUT I am so glad I was wrong! After my first use, pretty much all my blackheads were gone. After several uses (always as a mask, not a cleanser), my pores look smaller and my face just looks cleaner. I am truly in love with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by chantalcc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely AMAZING! Softens skin, and clears up blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by LeeLee1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product works very well with my large-pored, oily/combination skin (I do not have sensitive skin)

I've been using it for a few years, and it's the only product I've used that visibly helps to clear/diminish the appearance of the blackheads on my nose and chin (only place I've had an issue with blackheads so far). This product has not made my skin peel or flake and has not made it dry.

I use this product as a mask. I apply it on my nose and chin in the morning, wait about 5 minutes, then rinse off. I follow with Neutrogena Visibly Even Foaming Cleanser (which I use morning and night) and cleanse my face and neck.

(See my Notepad for my complete skincare routine.)

NOTE: If you have sensitive skin you might want to think twice before purchasing this product (or any product before researching the ingredients or checking with a dermatologist). This one contains Benzol Peroxide (sp?), and judging from some of the previous reviews it has irritated some people's skin. I know from experience that I can put just about anything on my skin and it may not work out well, but the reaction won't be extreme.