July 29, 2014 | 1851 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 7:57:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff!! It even removes waterproof mascara! And it doesn't bother my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by xobabygurl66xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a pretty good value for the amount that you get (4 oz. or only about 5 bucks). It barely stings my eyes and isn't oil which I love. But I don't think it takes off every trace of my makeup. But I guess I can fix that by going over it 2 or 3 times. Still a great makeup remover though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2006 9:58:00 PM More reviews by melindamelinda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i simply love this simple stuff. dirt cheap, simply effective in a no-spill bottle - that's all i have to say about that :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by phone_wench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for over a year. It takes off all my eye makeup including any waterproof mascara. There is no oily residue left behind like other eye makeup removers. Just as a previous reviewer stated "it's like water". You can't beat the price (less than $4.00 USD). And my last purchase included a free kohl liner pencil. Will not buy any other remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2006 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Sewwies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I tried it, it removed all of my makeup off without any stinging and it wasn't greasy at all (yay!), but blah the next day when I'd been wearing a Rimmel waterproof mascara... it just didn't budge it :( I'll probably repurchase though, it takes everything else off really well

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by browneyedvixen1

I love this eye makeup remover. It works well and is not oily with little to no pulling or tugging even removes waterproof mascara! One word of caution though for contact lense wearers. Take out your contacts, burns like crazy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by musette_sf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've paid a lot, i've paid a little, i've bought the cool one from France (Klorane), i've gone minimalist (baby oil), and after all is said and done, i really like this EMR. i find that it irritates my eyes far less than just about any EMR, and i actually think it is soothing and cool when used. i also have great success with waterproof mascara using this EMR. i must be on the 5th or 6th bottle of this by now. i strayed briefly to try the Neutrogena Oil Free EMR, but found that whatever they use (silicon?) to give it an oil-like texture just does not agree with me. for those who say it stings, i guess this is a YMMV product. and for those who say it does not work on waterproof mascara, maybe i am using less mascara than you do. but overall this is a favorite product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2006 3:02:00 AM More reviews by mariska

Not the best. Pond's Bare & Repair was out of stock in my area when I really needed it so I bought this. It's a bit irritating especially after the second wipe. I woke up the next morning to find darker circles around my eyes, I wiped again and there's still mascara residue (Diorshow). This doesn't happen with Ponds. I also like the ingredients of Ponds more. I won't re-purchase eventhough it's cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by pialeah

Most of the negative reviews seem to be in relation to waterproof mascara, which I never wear so I can't advise on that particular topic. I can say that for normal mascara this is a fabulous product. I have sensitive skin & especially sensitive eyes, this product is just like water -but so effective. It does not dry out my skin at all, yet removes all traces of make-up w/minimal effort. Best of all it is not oily, nor does it leave any sort of residue. If you like dual-phase or oily m/u removers this is not for you. Considering you can pick it up for a few $s @your local Walgreens, I definitely recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 12:55:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

This stuff does do a decent job of removing waterproof mascara (though it takes more effort than with my fave m/u remover, Clinique's Take the Day Off), so it gets points for that. However, for Pete's sake, do NOT get this stuff in your eyes! It burns, oooooohhhhh it burns!! And yes, this is an eye makeup remover. Gah. Nice going, Rimmel. This gets 1 lippie for being super cheap, and 1 lippie for sort of working all right. 3 lippies off for the sheer pain.

UPDATE (04 Jun 2006):
Okay, so I had a thought that maybe it was not the remover that was stinging my eyes, but the eyeshadow I was using. (Occasionally, my eyes sting when I rub my eye and my shadow gets in there...I don't recall what brand shadow, though.) I tried the remover with no eye makeup of any kind on, and it did not sting this time. So, it just stings when I use it to actually remove shadow, because the shadow gets mixed in with the watery remover and gets in my eye. I'm not bumping the rating up by 1, though, because this discovery still doesn't make my eyes not sting when I use this remover. continued >>