MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 7/30/2009 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If I had to chose only one eye brush, then I would definitely keep the MAC 239! It packs the color on the lid very well, does not shed, doesn't feel harsh on the skin and is suitable for blending, as well as for applying the e/s on any part of the eye.
This is a definite must-have - I did not find a brush from other brands which would pick up and pack on the color so strongly and nicely.
I already own two 239, and I'm planning to get a third one - I just can't do my makeup without it!

on 7/26/2009 7:46:00 PM

Very best eyeshadow brush. I use it for everything.

on 7/26/2009 12:30:00 AM

My favourite Eyeshadow Brush! I love it so much I have purchased another so I don't have to wash as often .. This brush is excellent quality .. does not Shed .. and remains white after each wash (Using MAC brush cleanser). I use this brush to pack colours on to my eyelids everyday and it does a wonderful job...it picks up the right amount of product and distributes it nicely when you 'pat' it on. The black MAC handle has a nice feel to it .. something cheaper brushes lack.

on 7/25/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this brush, it was my first along with the 224, its dense yet soft enough to pack color on the lid and it does just that, thats all i use it for but hey for what it is its good enough for me. I would recommend this!!!

on 7/25/2009 11:37:00 PM

This brush is a definite must-have. Super soft and dense so it's great for applying e/s. The only thing is that because it's white goat hair, it gets dirty very easily but I always spot clean so it's okay. Highly recommended.

on 7/22/2009 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush! What can I say? I use it every single day!! A must have for every collection

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Ok so it was my 17th birthday last week and i promised myself i'd buy some MAC brushes because i only owned cheap brushes that were falling apart.
So i brought the 239 and 217! I've used them a couple of times and i could definatly say this brush is worth the money. Its so soft and i've never known a brush to blend my eyeshdows so well.
If your starting out in Make-up and you wanna take the plunge into MAC brushes i would definatly recommend the 239, its the best basic eyeshadow brush you will find! Brilliant Quality.

i have the 217 brush which was one of my first mac brushes i bought a bunch of mac brushes when i first stepped into mac and the 217 was one of them however i found it harder to work with due to my small eyelid space that i do have and so i talked to my ma and she suggested i purchase the 239 brush and since buying this brush i havent looked back it packs on a great amount of colour and is versatile enough to softly blend the colour onto the lid i use this alot with my paint pots as it packs on a sufficient amount of eyeshadow without it looking cakey and blends neatly

this is a must have brush if u have smaller eye lid space

I love this brush! Like the person below said, it's a very versatile brush: you can apply a wash of color gently, pack on colors, highlight, and sometimes even blend less harsh lines. I use this brush everyday, and I also use the tip of it to create my outer V, sweep the colors inwards, then blend using my 224.
If you're looking for beauty on a budget, I've heard the Loew Cornell 3/8 inch brush by Maxine's Mop is the exact same as the 239.. It can be found in art stores such as Michael's & Hobby Lobby for about $4-$5 :)

on 7/16/2009 2:06:00 AM

This is one of my favorite brushes. It's very soft and can be used for a number of makeup application techniques. It's perfect for the lid, brow highlight, and even the lower lash line. It's a bit expensive, but it's totally worth it. Nothing can beat a MAC brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes