November 22, 2014 | 1681 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MAC Angel Lipstick ♥

I am a girl who wears nude lips everyday, i wear beige nudes most of the time, when it comes to pink it can get a little tricky for me, if its too blue based it wont work, if its too red based, it wont work so it needs to be just right, i usually stick with yellow based pinks for my skin tone.. im MAC NC25.

Angel is a blue based cream lipstick. its labeled a frost in MAC finishes but its not what a usual frost would be. There is no shimmer or frosty sheen when applied to your lips, which is why this is such a big favorite for me.. i don't like shimmer on my lips, i like satin or matte lips, with gloss sometimes.

The reason i got this is because my makeup muse Kim Kardashian wears this lipstick, its her favorite pink, she uses this with MAC Stripdown lipliner, and NARS Turkish Delight on top. I prefer using this combo when wearing Angel, i feel it looks perfect, its one of the only pink nude lip combo's that works for me, i will keep buying Angel as long as they make it, i also love the name, its very girly and cute :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jubez

I finally caved and bought this lipstick after hearing it was similar to Lazy Day (which I missed out on silly me). I have always put off buying it since I thought it would wash me out and I normally don't go for light pinks. Lately though, I've been buying pink lipsticks like no other. On my lips, it is slightly lilac (just slightly) and doesn't wash me out too much. It is a frost, but there is no shimmer or frostiness to it at all. A bit drying, but lip balm will solve that. Overall, a nice lipstick.

*EDIT*: I found that after about 30 minutes it morphs into a different color on my lips (as in, virtually white), making me look absolutely corpse like. I returned this and tried out Viva Glam Gaga instead. I am NC40 in the summer and Asian.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by thatssoblasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually have to use concealer and lip liner before applying this lipstick, so it can stand out of course, but I think it's definitely worth it. It's a very pretty subtle pink color that should compliment any skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Chanelll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm NC25 and it doesn't show up on me at all. So I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by hahaveryfunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When i tried it on in the store, it looked pretty good. When i got home i put it on and realized that it was much lighter than i thought. It doesn't look as good on my NC37 skin as it would on a lighter person. But when paired with ample pink plush glass it looks nice. I use it when i use darker eye makeup, its perfect because it doesn't completely mute your lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by glamxangel

If youre around NC42 like me, I suggest you try Creme Cup. This shade does not go well with my Asian skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by deelovesmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently bought this product and I am very pleased. It is a very pretty pink without any shimmer, but it does have a nice shine. It doesn't dry my lips like some other frosts such as Thrills do. It is great for an everyday lipstick and I've found that it is almost universally attractive on people. This is great for those who tend to shy away from blue-pinks because of the intensity. This is a color you can just throw on at any occasion or time of the day and it will work great. I really reccomend this for those looking for a good, wearable pink lipstick.

P.S. A little side note: When I went in the store to get this and my presale from In the Groove I had to wait an hour for them to find my products and then as we were driving away, a couple minutes later we realized the lady hadn't even given us Angel! She gave us On Hold and we had to drive all the way back so I could finally get this lipstick, haha.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Inyoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: The reviewer that was below this review yesterday deleted her review...! But I'll still post my thoughts! (:

I received Angel in new condition from a swap, wanting to know what all the hype was about. Let me just say I'm glad I got it in a swap or else I would be super disappointed and even mad.

My lips are naturally a soft pink color but my skin is around (at most, all year round) an NC40, Asian (Korean, etc.). I think it's important to note that because this lipstick just does not look good on me. I've tried lining my lips beforehand (which I rarely do anyways), put a cute gloss on top of it but I truly feel that it makes my face look grossly washed out. Although I am an NC40 with yellow undertones, I am pale and this lipstick makes me look sickly pale.

Nevertheless it is a gorgous lip color and I wish I could pull it off! To this day I'm still searching for a pretty pink lippie that I could pull off with my skintone! Surprisingly, to me none of the MAC lipsticks (regardless of the finish/formula) have ever dried out my lips! Just put on a good moisturizing lip balm and primer prior to use!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

I agree with the reviewer below me. I'm asian (korean for reference) and I thought this lippie looked too "plain" on me. On me, it's something that's very duplicable and not even worth buying for full retail price. I didn't like this nor creme cup although they are very popular products from MAC. I do think this will look gorgeous on a fair skinned blonde woman..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by steffanii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know this is a very popular color, but I'm not so fond of it. I don't think it suits my asian complexion, but I think it would be a wonderful color for maybe caucasian complexion :) other than that, I'm not so fond of the frost finish either. I'll still wear it when my eye looks call for a barbie pink lipstick though!