April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Djf1234

I gave this foundation the good old college try because of all of the great reviews...but it's just a no. When I first used it, I loved the packaging, it seemed to look great on my skin and I thought I was going to like it! But I'm pretty sure I hate this.

I got the lightest color which looked really good on me upon application, but it oxidized wayyyy too dark and just became a weird color throughout the day (and I have a huge pet peeve about my face not matching my neck). And also this just goes on too cakey, no matter how I applied it (I tried my fingers, a brush, a sponge, just everything).

The thing I hate most about this though, is that it's advertised as "mattifying" which is a complete falsity! My face isn't even that oily, but with this foundation it was. So within a couple of hours, my face was a weird color, caked up looking, and way too oily for my liking.

I threw out a half full bottle, so I would definitely not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

You know how you hear great things about a product, and you go to buy it, and bring it home, and you try it out, and it's like there's not a thing in the world that could bring you down, the world is beautiful, like you're riding a majestic unicorn through plants made of candy, and there's little angels flying above your head singing a glorious song a love about the makeup that you're about to try, and what a joyous experience this is going to be?

well if the angels are singing that song when you bring this baby home,
THEY ARE FILTHY LYING ANGELS!!!!!!!!!

This product got such rave reviews on youtube, I just HAD to have it. They claimed it was so perfect!! Well, guess what?
THE YOUTUBE GURUS WERE LYING TOO.

I got the lightest shade they had, and to my delight, it matched perfectly, and it didn't turn orange!!
IT JUST TURNED LIKE THIS PASTEL PEACH COLOR WHICH IS A BEAUTIFUL COLOR. BUT IT IS NOT BEAUTIFUL ON YOUR FACE.

I set this foundation with my favorite powder, which never sets cakey on my face, but on top of this foundation,
I MIGHT AS WELL BE THE CAKE BOSS.

Don't buy this foundation. Just don't.

PROS-
*pump
* It really does stay a while.

CONS-
*Turns pastel peach. Seriously, what foundation does that?
*Have to layer it to attain full coverage, but by then your face is so cakey, you might as well write a customized birthday message on your face with lipstick.
*without a setting powder, your face will get more oily than a duck feathers during preening.

22 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunky25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure about this one! I want to love it, I do. Being a colorstay fan, I'm intrigued by the claim CG makes by including the longevity-wear, primer, plus concealer in one foundation.

I bought this and tested it for a week and was not impressed so I had to return it. While it looked good, the color was not right for me. If I ever give it another shot, now I know to go lighter. It also oxidizes so bad on me! I haven't had a foundation in a long time do that. It looked kind of orange after about 4 hours, yet looked amazing when first applied.

I do like the how well it blends and how nice it wore all day long. It truly covered any scarring and imperfections with no need for concealer. What I couldn't get past was it transferring on to clothes and when id blow my nose! Being short, when someone goes to hug me, I'm pretty much getting my face smashed into their shirt, and it's super embarrassing when your makeup leaves a trace on them! I haven't even had that problem with other foundations!

While I give kudos to the packaging and and all that jazz, it also broke me out. As soon as I returned it and went back to my colorstay, my skin returned to normal.

Oh well, not my cup of tea. I do see how many other people adore it, though!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by loveover0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this foundation! The shade I bought is a shade too light but it oxidizes a little bit after an hour or two of wear. As long as I use bronzer, I can deal. The texture is really creamy and the coverage is medium to full. I like that it makes my extremely visible pores look almost seamless and it lasts all day for me. I don't get oily until 4-5 hours into the day. The packaging is awesome! But one problem I have with it is that it's too matte for my taste at first application. I prefer a more satin finish, but after a few hours of wear, the natural oils of my skin (and trust me there's a lot of it) help the foundation look more glowy and natural. But not oily. It also has a tendency to settle into the fine lines and pores around my mouth only. But overall I think this foundation is my favorite for now.

EDIT: It's still my favorite foundation in terms of coverage and finish but it does tend to run orange, especially since I'm more pale from winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

LOVE!!! I have naturally oily skin so this is GOD send! I also use a natural moisturizer before using this and it glides on just perfectly. I find it to blend perfect but I use my ELF blending foundation brush. A little goes a long way. Stays matte, shine free, and doesn't change color! For the price you can't go wrong! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by mcobailey

I’ve never been able to wear foundation or anything because my skin freaks out (flaky, breakout, etc). My skin is beyond oily and you could eat soup out of my pores they are so huge.

I stayed at home to try this out. I put it on one side of my face so I could see the difference after a few hours. It went on very light at first, but after a minute of blending it was the right color. (I used Ivory 805).

OMG! My pores were softened and hardly noticeable. It did not make me skin freak out. A few hours later, one side of my skin was getting oily and the other side was not! It was just as I had left it. Checked in later, same.

Basically, best ever. My two biggest problems (pores and oil) are controlled with one product. I don’t wear makeup often so I can wear this everyday and it doesn’t make me look too “made up.” This amount of coverage makes a huge difference, but doesn’t look painted on.

A bit pricey so I was super hesitant to buy, but I’m so happy I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Jemma123

This foundation ruined my skin! I never had severe acne before using this and after I started using it my skin has been absolutely horrible ! If you have acne prone skin I suggest you don't use it !!

But other than that this foundation is amazing to apply, and the coverage is spectacular! It lasts for ages too ! This foundation is really great but just not for acne prone skin!!!! So watch out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Yessie1717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very anti-drugstore foundation, but I had heard so many good things, so I had to try it out. My first impression, was that I really loved the creaminess, but the finish was a little to matte for my combination skin. SO, my advice to you if you have the same problem, is to apply it with a damp sponge. OMG...made a WORLD of difference! This foundation is now my HG drugstore foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jassymommy

This is definitely my hg drugstore foundation! I have golden tan and soft honey (I use both one for summer one for winter). It lasts all day! It isn't cakey, It's not heavy at all. This blends so seamlessly into my skin. Dries matte! About $10. It's great! Seriously! Get you some!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Ginger97

I soooo wanted to love this foundation! I usually do a lot of research before buying a product so I typically know if ill like something or not. This seemed like a HG foundation for me after i watched a lot of reviews ob youtube. But alas a BIG disappointment.

Pros: light weight feel, pump packaging, inexpensive
Cons: oxidized like CRAZY, very drying, hard to blend