December 18, 2014 | 1716 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush. I go back and forth between different foundation application methods, this brush, the beauty blender and my fingers. Right now I am using the beauty blender but out of all the foundation brushes I've tried this is my favorite. The price is reasonable, between Ecotools and MAC brushes I would say. The quality is absolutely wonderful. I don't think I have ever seen it shed, I have owned it for over a year and I wash it often. I love that it doesn't leave me streaky and that it provides even blending across my skin. I have only used it for foundation so I can't say anything about how it does in other areas.
If you are looking for a good foundation brush a step above ELF brushes I think you should check this one out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Loubox04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing face brush!! You can use the brush in different ways depending on the coverage you want. Since I've started using this brush I get lots of compliments on my foundation. Love this brush so much have recommended it to my friends, some of who have purchased it and love it just as much as me :-) Very reasonable price too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What I've learned from playing around with it:
1. If you want opaque result or you want to maximize sheer-medium foundation to its capacity, use EFB by stippling it.
2. If you want sheerer result or lessen the thickness of a particular foundation, use EFB by buffing it around.
Whether you choose method #1 or #2, this brush is able to give you that blended, second skin look no matter what. This, in my opinion, is what sets it really apart from other foundation brushes. I don't know what Samantha did, but she really does a good job with this one.
3. As a general rule, this brush drinks up your foundation/TM/tinted sunscreen, so I recommend to dot your face first and take it from there.
4. If you are very prone to flakes and dryness, skip buffing and settle with stippling.
5. If you are very oily, use this brush to powder your face inch by inch. There's something magical with the bristles (or probably the design?) that really push the powder into your pores. I notice that I am oil free for way longer with this brush although I don't change the powder that I use.
6. Contour & blush friendly. I wouldn't say it's the best for these purposes but it will do the job decently.
7. Ever notice some brushes are just a PITA to wash? Not this one.

One negative thing is that I need more time to work with this brush due to its small size.

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried a fair share of foundation brushes (flat, duo fiber, kabuki) and I never really had much success with them - they all left my foundation looking streaky and uneven. This is by far the best foundation brush I've ever used - I can't even begin to list all the reasons it's amazing but I'll try:
- suuuuper soft
- never sheds
- can stand on your table top
- extremely affordable
- dense enough to really buff the foundation into your skin
- brilliantly designed because it doesn't have a short ferrule that will allow water to get into the bristles while the brush is being washed.

You can use also it for contouring or blush as well so I'm planning on purchasing another one or two. In summary - this is an amazing brush and I love that you can purchase it on its own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by calooza

It's a great great brush. Great quality for a great price. I use it to apply foundation. It blends the product really well and gives a really nice finish. It's really easy to use, and doesn't take much time blending the product. Totally recommend for those who want an affordable alternative to the F80 by Sigma, and are looking for a tool to give excellent coverage and flawless finish.

Unfortunately I don't find it suitable for those with very dry flakey skin, especially due to acne treatments like myself. In this case it tends to emphasize flakes and it's too dense for my taste. Also, since my acne has gone away I prefer a more light to medium coverage. You can achieve that with this brush, but I still think it's too dense for my skin, personally.

Despite this brush doesn't match my current personal preferences, I still think it's a great brush, and I recommend it! I wouldn't buy it again just because I found that the buffing brush works amazing for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by LSaenz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love! Use this for contour and it gives me the best contour ever! I recommend for any of you contour newbies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The brush has soft synthetic bristles, so it is good for cream and liquid textures. I find it working really well blending liquid foundation providing. I tried it with a cream blush but found it difficult since it was applying too much. Was hard to control the amount since the brush is quite dense.
Not a 5 since I prefer light coverage and it is rather difficult to achieve with this brush as it is dense.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by anitakara

Such a good brush!! I'm pretty new with the whole makeup thing but I got it with all the great reviews and it is the best thing ever! DEFINITELY get this brush if you're looking for a foundation brush :) i bought it off iHerb because it was cheaper (i'm in australia). better than others i've tried and it really evens the foundation out! it;s so soft and is my HG

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by beths02

I have fallen in love with Real Technique. I have most of there face brushes now, and there isn't one im not happy with. they are all brilliant.
I was so excited when I brought this brush. And I was sold straight away!! It's so quick and easy to apply liquid foundation with this. i have never liked flat foundation brushes, mainly because it takes so long.
There was however a foundation that didnt blend very well with that brush, so sometimes i do use the buffing brush instead, which is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by anniebyrne94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first received this product, I was disappointed with the size. I expected it to be larger as I was used to using the ELF powder brush, which I loved for liquid foundation. That being said, after only one week of using this Real Techniques brush, I am sold! The brush is really dense yet extremely soft and applies liquid foundation like a dream! It gives amazing coverage and I have not found it to waste product. :-)