Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 6/11/2013 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This came out to be a great deal at Ulta and I paid only $5 USD for this brush! I use this brush for liquid foundation. I do own several department store face brushes such as NARS, Sephora and Stila. I use this brush just as much! I recommend this brush, whether you would like a less expensive alternative or wanting to add to your brush stash. I would repurchase.

on 6/10/2013 5:50:00 PM

I have never owned expensive brushes before so it's hard to compare but what I do know is these are really great brushes. They feel great in my skin and never pull on my makeup, I own several of them and only buy these now

on 6/10/2013 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This brush is a very recent purchase for me, I've been waiting for absolutely ages to get my hands on one, as my local Boots store was out of stock for so long, however I have finally got one! First of all, I love Real Techniques brushes in general, I have a the foundation brush, the buffing brush, the stippling brush, the concealer the brush the angled foundation brush, pretty much all the face brushes going! However I am over the moon with the expert face brush. Not only are the brushes excellent quality and cheaply priced, you can also watch the lovely tutorials online, and having seen in many of their videos they use the expert face brush, I was not suprised that it has become my favourite. It is a small, densely packed dome brush, ultra soft and it enables you to push the product onto the face for even coverage with minimal brush marks, unlike other brushes where it tends to look a little streaky. It does leave you with an airbrushed, flawless finish, I was so happy as my foundation looked as though it was completely effortless to apply. I was even complimented on how even and natural it looked. I would definitely recommend this for people who are looking for quality on a budget, because these definitely match up to the high end brushes but are so much more affordable. Would definitely recommend, use on a regular basis and buy again.

on 6/5/2013 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a GREAT brush for the budget conscious. I can't believe it was so cheap. I bought mine at i-herb and after using coupons I only paid US$8+ for it together with international shipping. (Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated to them) I have tested this with both liquid and powder foundations and it works pretty well; foundation goes on smoothly and there are a few brush streaks but they can be blended out quickly.

This is very similar to Sephora's Pro Flawless Airbrush #56. The similarities: Both are foundation brushes with short, synthetic hair, cut so that the brush has a rounded shape. The differences: RT's brush is slightly softer and its bristles seem to be more densely packed. Also, it has a shorter and thicker handle. Which one do I prefer? RT, because I feel that the denser bristles help me to apply and blend out foundation more quickly as opposed to Sephora's.

This is a verrrry good buy...and it really proves that good quality products need not cost the earth. Although my #1 fave foundation brush is still Sigma's F80, I do like this RT brush very much and will use it regularly. Thumbs up for a great product.

on 6/4/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have been looking for a good foundation brush for a while, and I'm definitely going to be sticking with this one! The bristles are quite dense, so its great for blending and it really buffs in lines and streaks without taking away coverage. The brush is a bit small, but it can be at an advantage to get in the smaller areas of the face such as the bridge of the nose and temples. I also find that it works pretty well to blend in concealers with more of a thicker formula.

on 6/2/2013 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love this brush! I've always have had a hard time finding the right liquid foundation brush. I would use that basic one but I hated it. I tried those beauty sponge things and that sucked. The sponge took more foundation than my face did. There are so many brushes I saw but they were majorly expensive. Then I finally got off my lazy butt and actually looked the price up on this brush and I was so happy. It was in my budget and easy to get. I personally don't like the store its sold at but I HAD to get that brush. I would not buy any other makeup brush. This brush blends your liquid foundation beautifully. Its so nice and soft. It's not stiff or too soft which is a good thing! The packaging isn't special, I mean it just comes in a hard plastic box. I would recommend to all!

on 6/1/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for a few months, and i'm still not completely sure how I feel about it. Not the softest brush... elf brushes are a bit softer in my opinion (the flat top powder brush and the stippling brush most definitely are).

The first few times I washed it the palm of my hand ended up feeling RAW because the material was so rough! It kind of freaked me out because if it was this rough on my HAND imagine what this is doing to my grill! Anyway, after a few uses it got softer but I'm still not a huge fan. I mean the application is nice but jesus christ does it soak up product, it takes forever to wash it out! I literally had to wash the brush SIX TIMES to get all the product out (I use light foundation so I have no idea how this happened). Not to mention that I was using Dr. Bronners soap which is an oil based soap and gets absolutely EVERYTHING out.

Another thing is that it totally started shedding on me today, I've had this since march and today I had to pick out like five brush hairs off my face which is reaaaaally irritating.

Anyway, if you're reading reviews and thinking about buying this.. you should probably consider giving elf brushes, sonia kashuk brushes, or getting sigma brushes and getting a better quality brush.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will say that the POWDER brush is awesome, it's really soft and easy to work with, you don't have to do much to get product on there and it gives really even application.

on 5/31/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is an excellent brush for applying foundation. I use it for my liquid foundation. Although I was skeptical to try this brush at first, I found that it is easy to use and it gives a high coverage without looking streaky. I recommend this brush if you find it hard to use foundation brushes and want a high coverage flawless foundation application. Good value for money so I recommend this for beginners! I think mine would last me a few years but if it breaks I probably would buy a new one. I recommend this for beginners!

on 5/28/2013 6:32:00 PM

This brush is nothing short of AMAZING!! It beats any MAC brush hands down and costs a fraction of the price. I have used both a MAC and a Jemma Kidd stippling brush in the past but this brush just makes my makeup application a dream! It really buffs the foundation into my skin to giveaway smooth and flawless look. I also use the contour brush, not to contour but to apply and smooth foundation around my eye and nose area. It's like a smaller version of this brush and works really well for this. I also use it to apply concealer under the eye area. Everyone should have one of these. I love the soft bristles and its easy to wash.
Only downside is the handle is a little long but doesn't bother me much.
Fab, fab product!! Well done Samantha!

on 5/28/2013 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I must admit I only bought this brush because I had money to blow and wanted to try something else than the blush brush which I originally only intended to buy. The price for this brush was fair, like all the other real techniques brushes you get a lot for a small amount of money. I think I paid 8 - 9 dollars on iherb.com, which is till this date the cheapest place to buy it according to my research... next to ulta (?) (not promoting the website or anything - just stating a fact).

Now on to the brush itself - its handle is perfect in size and is in a nice bronzy orange colour. The ferule is kinda long, which is perfect if you like me is terrified of ruining the brush by getting water in there during cleansing and washing. Even if it is a cheap brush, it still sucks to ruin it. Because it does perform really, really well.

The brush itself is shaped in a way that makes you think of contouring and bronzing. It's dense and compact, not too small and not too big, and is designed to fit right into the hollow beneath your cheekbones. It's bristles are soft and in high quality tiklon similar to those from ecotools, which makes sense seeing as they are made by the same company. I guess real techniques only have more thought behind their design? I have washed it multiple times without bleeding, so I'm very impressed by the value of this product.

I use it to buff finishing powder onto my skin and contouring beneath the cheekbones. I could use it for foundation too as it does leave an air brushed effect behind, but the bristles suck up product like a sponge, which would cost me a lot of money in the long run. Would recommend it for creme or powder, and if you use liquid, moisten the bristles first. Put water in a clean spray bottle and spray the water lightly on top of the bristles from distance - this will keep it from slurping up all of your expensive foundation.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products