September 2, 2014 | 1996 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 5:22:00 AM More reviews by MsPucci

This is a remarkable product. Such a great applicator, haven't seen any better ones out there.
I'm not a fan of the heavy eyeliner-look, but if I tap of the extra liquid from the applicator first, I can apply it really thin, and anywhere on the eye I like, while it still looks natural.
It stays on perfectly and forever. I have this one in brown, and it's a pretty dark brown.
Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought my artliner in "Noir," and I have to say that I use this every day. It gives me a nice, bold, fluid line that stays put all day long. I used to use L'Oreal's liner, which was similar but not as good quality-wise, but now I'll be sticking to this one for a long time. I always tend to go for the cat-eye look, and the sleek applicator allows me to do this without making many mistakes. Like one reviewer stated below, very Angelina Jolie. I've already repurchased once, and I will definitely be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MUA, I bought this without trying! I had a bad experience with a salesgirl at my local Lancome counter, so I decided to trust the reviews and buy it.

Great decision. It was expensive, but I feel like I deserved the splurge and I really cannot stress enough how much I hate flaking (I have contacts, so it's painful if extra debris settles into my eyes), smudging (just plain unsightly), and difficulty. I usually use Lancome's Le Stylo Waterproof in bronze and smudge it for a softer look as my hands are very wobbly.

I got this in black and I have to admit, I had to watch some video tutorials on how to apply liquid eyeliner and I got it on my second try! I learned that if I brace my hand on my face, my hand is steadier. I also lift up my eyelid and try to get a skinny line as close as possible to my lashes. I like to do a thinner line because of my Asian eyes, I like it when I can still see it under my crease.

It seems very small and I can definitely see it drying up soon or being used up soon.

Update: Yes, when I wore this one day I fancied myself looking a little Angelina Jolie-esque. In the eyes, at least. Okay, it was just in my head, but I can dream. Haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by eshin23

This is my favorite eyeliner of all time! I tried everything and nothing can compare to this. Even my mom thinks so and she knows eyeliners. I put this on the morning, the color is so rich and dark which I love. I go play tennis in the heat sweating my butt off and I check my eyeliner and it stays in place. I like it how it doesn't flake and putting on the eyeliner is simple. You need to somewhat get used to it but once you ace that, its a simple thing to do. I love this eyeliner. I shall be buying this one again. I got the L'Oreal version of this eyeliner. It was similar but I like this one much more. The color is more rich and it stays on a bit longer. Doesn't flake!!!! Love this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I adore artliners in general... I'd buy the L'Oreal equivalent for the generic black and brown colors. They're VERY similar, and it's not worth paying 3x the price for such a similar product.

For the colors that you can't get elsewhere? (Icecarob, and various LE shades like blueberry & starshower) Artliners are the BEST. The felt tip makes application easier than any other liquid liner you've ever tried, and believe me, I've tried a lot of them. I was a liquid e/l novice, and these liners taught me the basics on how to apply. It's a great starter on how-to use liquids, and the effect is amazing... just don't spend 30$ on an easily duped black!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

Rave from me. When I first purchases this product years ago it had a thick felt tip that felt like I was taking a marker to my eyes. But the newer one have a sleeker, more refined tip that I just ♥ the line goes on so easily! and it's a great black. very Angelina Jolie.
Edit: this dries out WAY too fast. plus I have other liners now that are a deeper black.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Rorien

Artliner is definitely my favorite eyeliner in the market. Unlike eye pencils that smudge, this gives me a clean and defined look. :) I'm pretty surprised at how long this has lasted me, only because I rarely ever have to reapply! It's pricey, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by cynwilson5

This is the best eyeliner available. I've been using it for at least 10 years, maybe longer. It has great staying power, doesn't transfer to the upper eyelid with wear, and comes in a nice range of colors. It's also very easy to apply with a sponge-tip applicator instead of a brush. The only drawback is that a few years ago they discontinued the plum color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 4:49:00 AM More reviews by mc876

I am so happy I discovered this product! I have oily eyelids and have been using pencil for years but it would always transfer onto my eyelids. I also tried Dior waterproof crayon eyeliner but it would transfer as well. Lancome Artliner solved my problem. Plus, this was the first time ever using a liquid liner and I was unsure I could make a straight line but this product is very easy to use. Remember to shake before use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Doireann

I am useless at putting on liquid eyeliner (pencils are my serious staple though!) so it was with great trepadation that I tried this. And boy am I glad I did. It's fantastic! The nib is really great - very thin nib but you can also get a thicker line using the side. It went on really easily as well, and stayed on all night. Very expensive but a definite keeper!