October 1, 2014 | 2031 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 More reviews by jaz_go

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

HG!!! After a long LONG search, the Artliner is THE eyeliner for me. It stays on the whole day, it doesn't flake, and it just glides on...i almost always get a perfect line.

I have really oily lids and my eyeliner either smears or transfers to my lids or under my eyes. Before, only MAC Liquidlast stays/lasts on me...but I hate the brush and how goopy the product becomes after a while!

Other eyeliners that I've tried and that have failed me (even with UDPP and eye makeup):
1) MAC Fluidlines
9) BB Long-wear Gel Eyeliner
10) Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner Pencil

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Shortbrows

Best liquid eyeliner I've tried by far!

I started out with cheap drugstore brands like Revlon, L'Oreal, and Physician's formula, but none of them stayed put and faded into nothingness within one, two hours. Then I've heard great things about this eyeliner from friends and online reviews so I decided to give it a try.

I have this in Noir- the color is rich, the foam tip brush does its job at lining, and after you give it 20-30 seconds to dry, this eyeliner has minimal flaking and just stays put for hours! Oh, and my eyes are monolid.

For contact wearers, I would highly suggest taking the contacts out before attemping to remove this eyeliner because this eyeliner tends to come off in flakes and that might irritate your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

i hate this eye liner. it irritates my outer eyes a lot. then it flakes off after a couple of minutes. one of the few products i dislike from Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best liquid eyeliner ever! I love it. It is so easy to use and the felt tip is skinny enough to have a very thin line. It can also make a thick line as well. It stays on forever! I hope they never discontinue this. Even though it is $28, it is worth every penny. I will continue to purchase this. You cannot beat Lancome's quality. If I could afford it or use everything, I would buy their entire line. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by mylychee

This is really a very good eye liner. It comes in many colors and the way the eyeliner is made, it really gives precision. It has good staying power and this thing lasts. Even for the shaky hand, this is a good one. Comes off easily with water and face wash. I'm on my 3rd Artliner already.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 5:22:00 AM More reviews by MsPucci

This is a remarkable product. Such a great applicator, haven't seen any better ones out there.
I'm not a fan of the heavy eyeliner-look, but if I tap of the extra liquid from the applicator first, I can apply it really thin, and anywhere on the eye I like, while it still looks natural.
It stays on perfectly and forever. I have this one in brown, and it's a pretty dark brown.
Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought my artliner in "Noir," and I have to say that I use this every day. It gives me a nice, bold, fluid line that stays put all day long. I used to use L'Oreal's liner, which was similar but not as good quality-wise, but now I'll be sticking to this one for a long time. I always tend to go for the cat-eye look, and the sleek applicator allows me to do this without making many mistakes. Like one reviewer stated below, very Angelina Jolie. I've already repurchased once, and I will definitely be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MUA, I bought this without trying! I had a bad experience with a salesgirl at my local Lancome counter, so I decided to trust the reviews and buy it.

Great decision. It was expensive, but I feel like I deserved the splurge and I really cannot stress enough how much I hate flaking (I have contacts, so it's painful if extra debris settles into my eyes), smudging (just plain unsightly), and difficulty. I usually use Lancome's Le Stylo Waterproof in bronze and smudge it for a softer look as my hands are very wobbly.

I got this in black and I have to admit, I had to watch some video tutorials on how to apply liquid eyeliner and I got it on my second try! I learned that if I brace my hand on my face, my hand is steadier. I also lift up my eyelid and try to get a skinny line as close as possible to my lashes. I like to do a thinner line because of my Asian eyes, I like it when I can still see it under my crease.

It seems very small and I can definitely see it drying up soon or being used up soon.

Update: Yes, when I wore this one day I fancied myself looking a little Angelina Jolie-esque. In the eyes, at least. Okay, it was just in my head, but I can dream. Haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by eshin23

This is my favorite eyeliner of all time! I tried everything and nothing can compare to this. Even my mom thinks so and she knows eyeliners. I put this on the morning, the color is so rich and dark which I love. I go play tennis in the heat sweating my butt off and I check my eyeliner and it stays in place. I like it how it doesn't flake and putting on the eyeliner is simple. You need to somewhat get used to it but once you ace that, its a simple thing to do. I love this eyeliner. I shall be buying this one again. I got the L'Oreal version of this eyeliner. It was similar but I like this one much more. The color is more rich and it stays on a bit longer. Doesn't flake!!!! Love this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I adore artliners in general... I'd buy the L'Oreal equivalent for the generic black and brown colors. They're VERY similar, and it's not worth paying 3x the price for such a similar product.

For the colors that you can't get elsewhere? (Icecarob, and various LE shades like blueberry & starshower) Artliners are the BEST. The felt tip makes application easier than any other liquid liner you've ever tried, and believe me, I've tried a lot of them. I was a liquid e/l novice, and these liners taught me the basics on how to apply. It's a great starter on how-to use liquids, and the effect is amazing... just don't spend 30$ on an easily duped black!