October 24, 2014 | 1716 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by everivefaccin

i love this! very natural looking and awesome consistancy. great color selection as well(: great wok maybelline!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Sharon51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had a favorite MUA'er get me this. I tried it and I don't like it. First of all right off the bat a big hunk fell in the sink. Then I tried to apply it---what a mess. It has to be built up on my fair/medium skin and I really don't like the color....rose petal. And no I won't buy this again and if asked I wouldn't recommend this. Sorry Maybelline but this sucks!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Amulf

Maybelline has to be one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, drugstore makeup brand. Unfortunately, the most exciting thing about this blush was the consistancy and "bouncy" feeling that the blush has, which is pretty cool. As far as the quality of the blush, I absolutely hate it. When I transferred the product from my finger to my cheek, I got almost no color payoff and it transitioned into a quite dry feeling blush. Overall, really really disliked this blush. Wouldn't recommend to a friend, won't be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by pnnylne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this blusher in Hot Tamale, which is a warm toned red blush. It is very pigmented. I apply with a blush brush with a light hand for a nice flush of color, but I can also build up the color to wear it a bit dramatically. It blends easily, it is affordable (I think I paid $5-6 USD each), and is pigmented. The packaging can be a little difficult to open, but this is a very good product and I intend to purchase in other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by blondiecakes93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in Peach Satin. The texture is AMAZING, and it is super lightweight. The color doesn't show up as much as I would like, but it's great if you are just looking for a hint of color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I got Plum Wine which is the darkest shade & Peach Satin. (NC25 here) with a bit of blending and the right touch these blushes are fun and beautiful on my skin tone. I really love them but the packaging could be improved. Also a bit pricey for the amount you get. Luckily it was BOGO half off the 2nd which made it not as bad...$7.50 each @ wags otherwise. Plum Wine sounds exactly what it looks like..a darker plummy shade which I just needed a touch on my cheeks where as Peach Satin I use a little bit more but not too much more because imo it is quite pigmented. The color stays for several hours before I feel it could use a touch up. I like these a lot and would love to get my hands on more shades when I am not so broke.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by danielaortiz19

This is a great everyday blush! I have a cute pink one and it works as a ''base'' and it makes powder blush stay longer. It looks great!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bluelitzer

I bought this out of curiosity. Fresh Pink was the shade I picked out. It's a blue-based light baby pink. It's easy to overapply so you should take a little and build up on it which isn't the most convenient for people on the go. The packaging is typical plastic you find in drugstore product, not such a bad thing. The blush itself is some kind of a bouncy malleable mousse. It's fun at first when it's all new and clean but when you've used it over and over it becomes kind of muddy (not necessarily dirty) because it mixes with the foundation on your cheeks and you double dip it and well it's a mess. I recommend using a spatula to get it out and save it from mixing with your foundation. I double this as a base for my eyeshadow when I'm trying to do a spring pink and peach look, I should say it works surprisingly well. My eyes become matte and prepped for the actual e/s. The result looks very good and I'm probably gonna be using this as an eyeshadow base more than a blush, thus the 4 star rating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got peach satin a couple months ago. On my extremely pale, red-toned skin (after of course a healthy shot of primer/foundation/concealer) it gives me a lovely outdoor glow that lasts me all day and actually looks better than if I went out and had a quick jog around the block. I use it every day and love the way it adds colour to my skin without bringing out the red underneath. Just blend, blend, blend, especially if you accidentally get a thicker bit of the product on your fingertips - the colour is a little scary that way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually don't find these too bad. I'm not that fair skinned either, I am NC15/20 and I find these to work decently. I used to be a big fan of the Dream Mousse blushes but unfortunately Maybelline kept diminishing the color selection and kept the really shimmery ones rather than the matte shades so while I was reluctant to try these at first.. what did cause me to commit my purchase is because none of these have any really apparent glitter or shimmer.

This being said, I went directly to the crazy bright and dark shades in this line despite my complexion because people have been complaining about the pigmentation. I can't speak for the pastel shades but I believe these are designed to have a sheer veil of color. Even if you watch the promo videos, it only talks about these being really natural washes of blush. I don't have an issue with payoff but I do enjoy the finish, it's a very transparent application of color on the cheeks.. Noticeable but not powdery or "sitting on top of the skin". It's not too dewy like some cream blushes which is terrible for my combo/oily skin. It reminds me between a mix of a light stain and a soft powder.

I believe the main issue with these blushes is how they're marketed, the disillusioned quirky concept of a bouncy texture and a bad transition from the dream mousse blushes that were much more user friendly. Yes, these are bouncy and I notice on various occasions in drugstores people have opened these and mushed them around as if a toddler is playing with play dough. There also has been brands in the past who have made sponge/mousse type blushes which require "pouncing/tapping" for color however if you just tap and pounce your finger on these, it will give you no pay off. If you're really rough with these and smear your finger with them it'll just move the product and still give you no color pay off. The key is to gently swipe and it'll work fine. That being said, this is another one of those really weird Maybelline products that seems to require instructions on usage. The blush itself is not bad, but it just is a really unique, almost too unique of a texture that with improper use it'll come off much more terrible than it is.

I've tried many mousse, cream blushes in the past. These are quite unique. I'm not a fan of the packaging or the name of the product but the really natural flushed cheek result I can get from it and the lightweight texture is enough for me to buy it again.