Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a great go-to shade for me. I can literally just sweep it on and be done with my eye makeup. It also makes a good base for medium or dark neutral eyeshadows, but most often I find myself using it alone, with or without liner. It lasts about 12 hours on me, but I am very crease-prone.

on 6/19/2012 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Bronze the metal is a beautiful color. This eye shadow cream is not bronze. It's more of taupe, a medium warm taupe, slightly warm medium light brown with a metallic silvery cast. I'd seen swatches on-line, so i was not disappointed. And i think it looks fine on my MAC 15 neutral skin.
My first time using it, i applied it with my finger, but i now prefer a brush so i get a smoother, more even coat. I did need to apply two coats for full intense coverage, but that's ok. So far, i've worn it without a primer and it has lasted from the time i applied it until bed time. It works well on my relatively dry eye lids and in the crease, as well as an accent color below my eye. It might work as a highlighter on someone much darker than i am.
It isn't cheap - i think i paid around $7US for it at my local Target (it's cheaper on-line). But it's not an unreasonable price. There's a good amount of product in the jar. The jar is glass and is a bit weighty, making this seem like a slightly more luxurious than most DS brand plastic packaging.
I like it well enough that i have since purchased Fierce & Tangy, the satin-finish orange, and am considering a couple more colors.

on 6/17/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this colour without testing it on the back of my hand. In the packaging, it looked a deep golden-bronze colour. However, when applying it when I got home, it came out more a shimmery grey-light brown. So i'd advise anyone who takes the colour at face value to actually test it first.
It also came out quite a flat, watered down colour, and needed two layers to get a proper effect. It wasn't as highly pigmented as it is claimed to be.

It made my eyes quite itchy, though I do suffer with dry eyes, so that is probably not the case for everyone.
It lasted well for the few hours i wore it, but I wouldn't really recommend it as being a miracle product. I much preferred the Barry M waterproof eye crayon for staying power and colour depth.

on 6/17/2012 12:04:00 PM

Totally worth the price. It's not a HG or anything, and others describe the color more accurately than Maybelline did. LOL. Similar to MAC paint pots, but cheaper. That being said, I still want to keep using MAC paint pots because they are so brilliant. I hadn't purchased a Maybelline product in a long time and this one had so many good reviews, I ran out and bought one for my trip to Florida. Thanks everyone for writing reviews or I would have never tried this! I may pick up some other colors, too.

*Side note: MUA - the would you buy this product again question is soooooo wierd and I would argue, pointless. It's like, do you mean "If you could go back in time, knowing what you know now, would you buy this again?" or "WILL you buy another one?" which it odd. Like, 'will I buy another one' (in the future) might be answered NO simply because I may not ever run out of this product because there is so much of it. But if you answer NO, you are unwittingly making the product look bad even if you like it very much! Additionally, how accurate is it to answer this question since it's truly a guess/prediction about the future and we can't really know if we're going to buy it again because something better may come along.

Every time I look at the reviews of things, the first thing I notice is the % statistic by the product, which is misleading because it makes you think that that % of people approve of the product, when actually it means that % of people will buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

The finish of this is beautiful, shiny, glistening.... but it is NOT bronze. Most others have already noticed this, but this should have been called Tough as Taupe or Tremendously TAUPE or something haha. Let's begin by saying that taupe doesn't exactly look very nice with my skin coloring, me being slightly more warm than cool. But the staying power is GREAT. and it does NOT CREASE, even without primer!!!!!!!!!!! (I experimented with this for a WEEK). And I have oily lids! I wish they would release an actual bronze color, but this is nice too!

on 6/15/2012 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like this color because it can easily be worn every day. I've always had a hard time getting powder eyeshadows to stay on and they usually crease on me at some point. This shadow is super easy to apply (I usually use my fingers); if you want it to be more opaque, tapping it on seems to work best and you can sheer it out by rubbing your finger across it as long as it hasn't dried yet. I don't know about the 24 hour claim since it does seem to fade by the end of the day, but the staying power overall is really great! It also works great as a base for other colors. Now, I'm trying to figure out what colors I want to buy next!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have very oily eyelids so finding an eyeshadow that does not flake or melt off throughout the day is a challenge. I usually use eye primer, but this formula is supposed to last 24 hours, so I skipped it. The color looked the most wearable out of the shades available, so I bought it and figured if it worked for me then I would buy other shades. It has a light consistency, I would describe it as being part gel and part mousse, it dries in a opaque finish that looks metallic and glossy. I'm not crazy about the color, I think it would better suit someone with an olive skin tone because it looked rather harsh on my light/medium skin tone. The staying power was better than any drugstore shadow I've used in the past, but it still creased on me after about 5 hours of wear(mind you, I have very oily eyelids!). Good product, but I prefer a powder finish because my lids are shiny enough and the color washed me out a bit! I wanted to love this stuff and have since tried using it with primer but it still creases after 5 or 6 hours and feels thick when you use primer as a base.

on 6/8/2012 8:58:00 PM

A little too shimmery for daytime. Just as good as Bobbi Brown's long wear eyeshadows. It just looked a little too shimmery and heavy on my lids. Won't repurchase.

on 6/6/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Combination Oily/Medium Olive Skin tone

So I'm a little late to the game but I bought the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, Too Cool and Fierce and Tangy. I have a high standard for anything that goes on my eyes because I get really oily eyelids - Here's my take:

Pros:
-Dries super fast
-Lightweight
-Bad to the Bronze and Too Cool show up really well
-Application is easy, using a brush or fingers
-Great primer

Cons:
-Fierce and Tangy did not show up so much. I tried to build it up, but it dries so fast that it got cakey and the color started to skip all over my lids (i wanted it to look like the model but it's not that sparkly either)
-By the 3rd day, my eyelids started to get dry and itchy BUT I love this product so much that I've resolved to keep wearing it anyways (I just apply aquafor to my lids at night before i go to sleep to moisturize)
-For some reason, the cover doesn't go on easily I find myself wasting time fumbling to get it closed (or maybe i'm just clumsy)
-I feel like the containers a bit heavy

All in all, I give this product an A-/4.5 star rating mostly because of the dry eyelid issue

Side Note - I bought this with the NYC Waterproof Eyeliners and I'm not sure if its the eye shadow or the eyeliner but NEITHER is BUDGING - I LOVE IT!
My eyes look exactly the same at night as when I put on my makeup in the morning, I'm becoming so confident about it that I don't feel like I have to check the mirror a million times a day to check or wipe any smudging!

This shadow is amazing. I apply it daily around 7am, get home from work around 7pm, and do cardio for 2 hours after. Does not crease at all. The shadow stayed put all day, of course at the end of the day it isn't as vibrant as it was in the morning. The only touch up I do is to blot my lids with blotting paper around 2PM. You honestly don't need to apply any other shadow with this, it blends very well on its own. Recommend! It's super cheap and the packaging is convenient too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials