August 23, 2014 | 1416 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I only own this color in the color tattoos line, and I absolutely love it. It's a bit on the expensive side for drug store makeup, but you get quite a lot in that little glass jar. The color payoff is really good. It goes on really smoothly and blends so nicely!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

Very good shadows very bold I personally use them as a base for my powder eyeshadows especially the bronze color it really make your gold or brown eyeshadows pop!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I'm not going back to any eyeshadow formula but this. Very pigmented. Easy to put on and it stays on. The commercials make it look like a fluffy mousse, but it's actually very dense. The shimmer is super fine (I hate glitter). The Bronze color is nicely chic and neutral. It would look great on almost anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by lecnicol

great for everyday! love the color/consistency and stays put for hours! love this product! will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought these in Tough as Taupe and Bold Gold. For the price, they are great! The Tough as Taupe is actually a lavendar taupe color sort of like a cream NARS Lhasa. It is very nice, easy to blend and doesn't crease (on me, anyway). The Gold color is a nice sheer gold not too intense (varies of course as to how much product you layer). I bought one and got the other half off. I really recommend these. I think I'll get the purple & teal color next time I see a sale. Maybelline got it on the mark with this formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by delasou1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've tried drugstore cream shadows in the past and this has got to be the best one I've purchased. Particularly in this color, too, because it's super flattering on my NC25 skintone. You can build on this eyeshadow for more pigment, but I prefer wearing one layer of it. It's also long lasting and the smooth, creamy, and light texture is amazing (I love sticking my ring finger in this!). My everyday, go-to eye makeup routine has changed since now all I have to do is pop this on my bare lids and blend it with my finger. It also makes a great base, as anything I put on top of it is richer in color, including my eyeliner. I would purchase again, but I don't think I'm going to run out of this any time soon as there is enough to last me for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had run out of my paint pot. I happened to see this in the supermarket so threw into trolly.
It lasts as long as I wanted. No creasing, the colour is just a bit off for me. Good as a base for shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lane223

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i have made a huge dent in this product, which is rare because im not a huge cream shadow user. although this doesn't crease on me, it does definitely fade throughout the day (but keep in mind i have really oily eyelids). this color is a great shimmery, gold-bronzey-neutral-brown shade that has a creamy but not too-creamy formula. and its cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by portakalis

I never liked Maybelline eyeshadows but this one is very different. You can wear this color in daywear or night. It stays in place till you clean your make up. I apply first layer with finger, than I use my concealer brush to get more pigment and combine with a highlight color. I will repurchase this product again and again..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by claresmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm repeating the review I wrote for the general entry for the Color Tattoo shadows here because most of it was about Bad to the Bronze shade:

I havenít typically used cream shadows because theyíve so often creased on me in the past, and I havenít worn shimmery shadows for years because theyíre considered unflattering to those of us whoíve reached ďa certain age,Ē but after reading a number of the enthusiastic reviews here, I decided to experiment with the Bad to the Bronze, and since my local drugstore was having a 2nd-one-for-half-price sale on Maybelline cosmetics, I picked up the Too Cool, as well. Iím so glad I did, because these shadows have now become the basis of my daily makeup routine. I use Too Cool to lighten the Bad to the Bronze by mixing them in an approximately 1:3 ratio between the tips of two fingers, which warms the cream sufficiently to make it extremely easy to spread across my entire lid, right up to the brow bone, and (as mixed) itís the perfect, warm shade for me as a base. I then take a tiny bit more Bronze on the clean tips of my little fingers, rub them together to emulsify and warm the shadow, then lightly smooth those fingertips along the crease. I use a crease brush to blend the edges, then usually touch the clean tips of two other fingers very lightly into the Too Cool, again rub them together to warm and emulsify the shadow, then blend that tiny amount into the previously applied base along my brow bones and the inside my lids, to lighten and highlight. I use Jesseís Girl eye primer, and so far I havenít experienced any creasing at all, even after 12 hours or more of wear. Iíve been so pleased that Iíve purchased most of the rest of the colors and often use Audacious Asphalt, Pomegranate Punk, or Tough as Taupe to deepen my crease color and/or to do my ďOuter V,Ē usually blended to some degree first with Bad to the Bronze. Although I always apply my Outer V color with a brush, I find that warming and emulsifying these shadow(s) first between two fingertips greatly increases the smoothness of applying them with the brush, which thus diminishes tugging on my eyelids, as well as increases ease of blending along the borders. Iíve also purchased Bold Gold, which I sometimes apply very, very lightly as a highlighter to the center of my lids in the evening, as well as a couple of the more vivid colors, which I usually tone down by mixing with the Bronze or the Taupe for an added layer of surprisingly subtle lid color, depending on what Iím wearing and where Iím going, and when so mixed, the "shimmery" aspect has been fairly subtle, IMO. The best price Iíve found for these so far is at Bed, Bath and Beyond, where theyíre only $4.99! All in all, these are a very useful, wearable, economical selection even for we ladies of ďa certain ageĒ.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No