Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 6/30/2012 11:32:00 PM

LOVE! Really pretty color! stays on very well

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have never tried a cream eyeshadow before and was not sure what to expect. Being so new to this type of shadow, i guess i picked the right one to try. I love this stuff!!!!! Goes on smooth, nice pigment, lasts all day, and doesn't crease (which i had heard about and was afraid would happen). Only bad thing I have to say is either add more product for the size container it is in or use less glass to make container.

on 6/27/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this product! It goes on very smooth and really does last 24 hours. The bronze color is exactly what I was looking for and the shimmer is not excessive. It works as an excellent base or just by itself, and really accentuates my deep blue eyes beautifully. By far my favorite eyeshadow!

on 6/26/2012 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love using these as bases, don't get me wrong, they are wonderful on their own but they are really fantastic as bases for my powder shadows. I bought these right when they arrived on the makeup scene and quickly snagged up three colors: Bad to the bronze, Pomegranate Punk, and Tough as Taupe. I love all three of these shades, but I reach for bad to the bronze most days. The color, in my opinion, is not taupe...taupe is a brown grey...this has way too much gold and is too warm to be considered a taupe...at least on my skin this does not have any grey to it. This is a golden champagne color with brown undertones. I love this shade, it adds dimension to neutral colors and helps colors stick to the lid and provides vibrancy. I am in love with these and have used them since I bought them, I definitely recommend these for anyone wanting stupidly long lasting shadows or really fabulous bases!

on 6/26/2012 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It's surprising to find such great drugstore products! Pleasant gel/cream texture, nice pigmentation, not over-the-top shimmer, lasts long, decent packaging... overall excellent!
I mostly use it alone on the lid with some eyeliner and mascara.
It does have a taupey hue but I like that, most bronze eye shadows (like woodwinked) appear orange on my cool fair skin

on 6/26/2012 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This shadow makes a great base for other eyeshadows. I always use this over Soft Ochre PP, because it does crease a little if I us it on its own. On my pale skin (NW10-15, NARS Siberia) it does show up as a bronze. I like using this as a base underneath a lot of different bronze-y and taupe eyeshadows, such as MAC Satin Taupe, NARS Kalahari duo, BB Stone, MAC Patina and MAC Mulch. It also works really well with the shadows in the two Naked palettes. It's so versatile. The texture is really nice, it's a lot softer and easier to spread and blend than the Tough as Taupe one. The colour pay off is very good, it is very pigmented on me. There is plenty of time to blend the shadow, but then it sets and it stays put pretty well with a base underneath. I can definitely see the resemblance with the PP and I wish they would come out with skin toned colours. The price is also pretty good, it's 10 euros over here in the Netherlands (Maybelline and L'Oreal tend to be quite a bit more expensive here). I would repurchase this, but I think this little pot will last me a very long time, as a little goes a long way.

on 6/23/2012 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I thought the color in the pot was super pretty, but when it went on my eyes it looked muddy. I think I don't like it because it just doesnt fare well with my fair skin. Maybe it would work better on someone darker than me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a great go-to shade for me. I can literally just sweep it on and be done with my eye makeup. It also makes a good base for medium or dark neutral eyeshadows, but most often I find myself using it alone, with or without liner. It lasts about 12 hours on me, but I am very crease-prone.

on 6/19/2012 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Bronze the metal is a beautiful color. This eye shadow cream is not bronze. It's more of taupe, a medium warm taupe, slightly warm medium light brown with a metallic silvery cast. I'd seen swatches on-line, so i was not disappointed. And i think it looks fine on my MAC 15 neutral skin.
My first time using it, i applied it with my finger, but i now prefer a brush so i get a smoother, more even coat. I did need to apply two coats for full intense coverage, but that's ok. So far, i've worn it without a primer and it has lasted from the time i applied it until bed time. It works well on my relatively dry eye lids and in the crease, as well as an accent color below my eye. It might work as a highlighter on someone much darker than i am.
It isn't cheap - i think i paid around $7US for it at my local Target (it's cheaper on-line). But it's not an unreasonable price. There's a good amount of product in the jar. The jar is glass and is a bit weighty, making this seem like a slightly more luxurious than most DS brand plastic packaging.
I like it well enough that i have since purchased Fierce & Tangy, the satin-finish orange, and am considering a couple more colors.

on 6/17/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this colour without testing it on the back of my hand. In the packaging, it looked a deep golden-bronze colour. However, when applying it when I got home, it came out more a shimmery grey-light brown. So i'd advise anyone who takes the colour at face value to actually test it first.
It also came out quite a flat, watered down colour, and needed two layers to get a proper effect. It wasn't as highly pigmented as it is claimed to be.

It made my eyes quite itchy, though I do suffer with dry eyes, so that is probably not the case for everyone.
It lasted well for the few hours i wore it, but I wouldn't really recommend it as being a miracle product. I much preferred the Barry M waterproof eye crayon for staying power and colour depth.

Video Reviews & Tutorials