April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lobsterh4h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought a new MAC Blot powder for $17 before I saw this at Wal Mart for all of $1.72, and I'm kicking myself. This is great stuff! As an oily skin type, nothing is going to be perfect, but NYC pressed powder is something else considering the color range AND price.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2004 8:25:00 PM More reviews by TiffanyGolightly

I'm sorry, but this was not worth my money (even for how cheap it was.) this made me look horribly ghostly and it didn't set into my skin, at all. if you want a good translucent powder and don't mind paying $$$ for it, go for Laura Mercier's. nothing beats it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 6:10:00 PM More reviews by smee123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome powder! I put this in my MAC blot container (NYC is so much better btw) so I can't comment on the packaging, and I use my own powder brush. I'm chinese and this doesn't leave my face looking white at all, very natural looking actually.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2004 7:35:00 PM More reviews by boblio9721

I just got this today, so I'm not sure how I'm going to like it later on, but so far this powder is pretty good. It went on looking a little too white, but then I blended it some more and the color was fine. It absorbed the oil on my face and feels nice, but I read some other reviews saying that it made them break out! Hopefully that won't be something I'll encounter, but we'll see...UPDATE: This stuff didn't break me out but my skin felt itchy and uncomfortable a few days after I started using it. Now I'm definitely not going back to this stuff. Plus, the packaging sucks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2004 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Dina20

I use this to set my Jane Stay Calm foundation and it works wonderfully. I love that its translucent so it doesn't interfere with the shade of my foundation. I haven't experience any breakouts from this thus far so that is a big plus. Yes, the other reviews are right, the packaging is horrible but for 1.99 it is still a teriffic bargain.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2004 10:31:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really hoping to love this, and used it devotedly for almost a month before giving up. The shade is much too pink for me, for one thing, but more importantly it didn't apply evenly (and I tried several different applicators) and didn't really control shine - my skin isn't THAT oily, either. I found myself having to reapply far more often than with any other powder, because I got shiny again almost right away. The compact is also terrible - it doesn't have a real hinge, so the lid of mine snapped off after a month, and it never closed properly to begin with so after that it was toast.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2004 4:41:00 AM More reviews by ComplexCorrigan

Just wanna add my *RAVE* to the reviews! EVERYONE should try this! It is so good and at less than $2 it is ridiculous to not give it a shot! I love to pop it out of it's ugly, cheap compact and put it in my MAC blot powder compact.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know, I wasn't a big fan of this product. I really think the color was way too light. I might repurchase in another shade to see if that is better. Otherwise I will stick with my MAC Select SHeer pressed powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2004 2:41:00 AM More reviews by snake_oil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like many others I find this to be at least equal to MAC Blot. I throw this in my purse for touch-ups, it really extends the life of my Studio Fix compact to touch up with this rather than the SF. Eliminates shine with a lovely finish that makes my C2 complexion look even better than when wearing Studio Fix alone. Awesome, awesome, awesome find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 3:40:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A fantastic pressed powder that rivals MAC's Blot Powder.
My MAC BP was finished and rather than spend the $$ for a new one, I decided to get the NYC Translucent pressed powder for $2.98 CAD.
It's great for touch ups, doesn't cake and looks natural.
The packaging is so so, but for the price it's worth it.