October 2, 2014 | 1354 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by kgloverii

My background: I'm a middle aged woman who is a stay-at-home mom. I am pretty low maintenance, but I never wear sweats, always have polished nails, and I put a little bit of makeup on every morning so I feel good. I used to be a high-end cosmetics person, but MUA has taught me there are treasures to be had in every drugstore and even the dollar store. (Wet N Wild Walking on Eggshells is my go to, every day eye shadow palette, thanks to MUA!)
The only really product struggle I still have has been the mascara. I don't do false eyelashes (don't out anything NEAR my eye like that!), and my eyelashes are just "normal". They are medium length, medium fullness, and plain. I've tried so many mascaras it's ridiculous. They all seem to be clumpy, or they don't do much, or they add volume OR lengthen (not both), or they smudge. I have a terrible habit of resting my right hand on my cheek and my mascara ALWAYS smudges. I've tried waterproof mascara and it doesn't do a good job, or I feel like all my eyelashes are going to come loose when I try to remove it. So, in my constant hunt, I consulted MUA, and the reviews have suggested this mascara that's not sold in many places and is totally out of my way to pick up. After another failed attempt with an NYC mascara, I stopped at Walgreens and figured I had to give it a shot.
So, a couple mornings ago, I put my makeup on, and it was time for the mascara. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the inevitable disappointment. I put a bit on, wiggling back and forth as other reviewers have said, and did 2 coats, and stepped back to judge. OMG I HAVE STRIPPER LASHES!!! And that's in the best way possible! They are THICK AND LONG and VA-VA-VOOM!!
This stuff stays put too. No smudging, but it comes off with my Almay eye makeup remover pads.
As other reviewers have said, it's kinda "wet" when you open it up. So be prepared. And a beauty associate said if it gets too dry, put the tube (closed) in a cup of warm water for 5-10 mins and it will soften right up.
This is the BEST mascara I have EVER USED. I'm going back to Walgreens to pick up more because I never ever want to run out. Every mom (and wife--and husband of the wife!) deserves stripper lashes.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by biogrrl

Meh. Really wet. Totally drooped my curl. Clumped lashes together. Left blobs at the tips. Not that black. This is crap even compared to other DS mascaras (CG clump crusher, Maybelline Full n Soft, L'Oreal Carbon, Prestige, NYX).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by syjimenez

Girls this is a great mascara! Buy it and don't think about shopping around for a good mascara!! Only like $2 at Walgreens and its the bomb.com!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by lavroxanna

This mascara is lengthening and somewhat volumizing, but overall, it clumps VERY easily. It's got some pretty amazing lengthening power at the cost of major, obvious clumping on your eyelashes. It's great for a dramatic look, I suppose, but I threw mine out and didn't finish it. I tried to love it but it just didn't work for me. I probably won't repurchase. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm dissapointed. I have multiple other mascaras in this price range, and this really didn't strike me as anything special. I had high hopes for this mascara, but it's just okay. I've tried this with a lash primer (Dior) and without, and I actually prefer it without. First of all, this flakes. I usually don't have a problem with mascaras flaking, but this had little black flecks all over my face in a few hours. It also made my eyes a bit weepy and irritated. As for lash results, my lashes aren't particularly hard to work with, so they still looked rather nice. Just nothing impressive like I was hoping. The formula is a rich black and it definately does add volume, but it took some work as it clumped up a bit. I'd say pass on this and try the other great mascaras in this price range.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by casiocasio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara gives great volume, separation, a surprising amount of length and its a nice black color. It was really wet when I first used it but after leaving the tube open for 24 hours, it dried out out just enough so the wetness was no longer a problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't hold a curl, which is something that's really important to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

After seeing so many people rave over this mascara I finally found it at Kmart and bought it! It is amazing compared to other more expensive mascara's, and I'm so glad I bought it. This mascara lengthens and volumizes lashes, leaving you with doll-like eyelashes. The only bad thing I have found with this mascara is the packaging. It has little room to remove excess mascara off the wand. Definitely my new HG mascara, and you won't regret purchasing it! It's also the cheapest mascara I've EVER purchased!
Update 11-21-13: I stopped using this for months for no reason and rediscovered it in my cabinet. Today I used it again and fell in love all over again! It makes my lashes look so full and longer, like I have fake lashes. Really recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe how inexpensive this mascara is and how amazing it works. I don't have to wear an eyelash primer with this mascara and it makes my lashes SUPER long. My only con is that if you are putting multiple coats -- it's gets a little clumpy -- you'll need to use a spoolie.
UPDATE: This mascara can be a little clumpy at first. So I just swipe the wand on the back of my hand to remove any excess then apply. Perfection! And it gets drier as it nears the end of its tube life so you won't have any excess to swipe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

This is the ONLY mascara I can use all by itself and achieve the results I'm looking for. It lengthens, separates, gives volume and is amazingly black! The way I use it is to first do two coats along the front, wait a few seconds for it to dry, and then I run the wand along the back of my lashes so the tips are coated. My tips are so light and thin that you can barely see them and this technique makes my lashes so lush and thick, in love!

I get similar results when using other combinations, for example:
L'oreal Telescopic + Clinique High Impact Curling
CoverGirl Clump Crusher + Sephora Atomic Volume
Rimmel Extra Super Lash + Maybelline Star Stylist (discontinued, but I kept the brush and use it in other tubes)

They say using multiple mascara's works better than just using one but that rule definitely doesn't apply to Jordana's Best Lash Extreme Volumizing, I even picked up all the remaining ones at walgreens so I wouldn't run out any time soon (and I am not the type to have stashes, I'm always on the look-out for something 'better')!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lah1313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe I've waited so long to try this. I admit it. I've been a mascara snob. Several tubes of dior, lancome, guerlain, tarte, buxom... i have a few drug store brands, but they never seem to work for me. I thought at $2.99. No way can this be good. BUT IT IS SO BLACK. AND GOES ON LIKE BUTTER. AND it stayed on all day at work chasing around 5 and 6 year olds with no raccoon eyes. Packaging is not the prettiest, but for the price you can't expect Dior packaging. Love the product anyway. Will definitely purchase again.