December 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutley love this foundation! I tend to find that i have to swap foundations every couple of months to get good results so i thought i'd give this a try as i've heard alot of people rave about it on Youtube. I have the lightest shade (shade 51) and I'm NW10-15 for reference, this foundation does have very yellow undertones though so people with more pink undertones beware. I apply it with a Real Techniques buffing brush and use about 1 and a half pumps for a full face. I would say this foundation is a medium coverage because concealer is definetly still needed but i wouldnt say its a light coverage either so lets conclude on medium coverage. Like other people have said it does leave a dewy finish on this skin which i love because i find matte foundations cake up easier. I think the BEST thing about this foundation is how long it lasts, i've tried so many foundations and most of them have disappeared by the end of my working day but this stuff stays put until i use a face wipe to take it off at night which is the biggest bonus for me because i have acne prone skin and usually during the day i can already see my spots starting to re-appear.
It is kind of exspensive for a drug store foundation at £10.99 for a 30ml bottle (i'm only on my first bottle but i cant see it lasting long) but its worth it and most of the time Boots do 3 for 2 on Bourjois so you could potentially get 3 bottles for just over £20 which would hopefully last a good long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Pamacs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent foundation. I have normal but dehidrated (not dry), ageing skin (I'm 43) and this product makes my face alive again.
Very easy to apply, gives the skin a healthy, natural shine. It has a light to medium coverage, only partially covers any redness (can be helped with a corrector) but I think it's enough during the day. My skin looks just very natural. Does not sit in the pores and wrinckles!
First I had doubts to buy it because the little colour choices. The Bourjois website suggests that choosing the right shade is enough, we don't have to hassle with the tone, the product is carefully balanced of pink and yellow pigments to match all skin tones. I gave it a try and it works for me!
I also like the fruity scent but it quickly evaporates after applying, before it gets annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation. I've only worn it twice so far and no breakout yet. I am an nc 42 in Mac and I wear Light Bronze #56 which is a tad too light for me but once I put powder over it, its fine. This is a light coverage but buildable. This foundation leaves your skin looking soft and dewy and that is my favorite trait about it.
I bought it from ebay and I think I paid around $16 for it, if it doesn't break me out I will definitely repurchase.
The packaging is a bit cheap I suppose since its in a plastic bottle but I don't mind that because I've had foundation bottles fall and break.
The only pitfall is I get oil after several hours. However my skin has seemed to improve w/ use
Love this and highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Love, love, love. Everything about this foundation is great. 4.5 lippies.

APPLICATION: flawless; the texture of this foundation is like silk which makes it SO easy to apply and blend. I use the Real Techniques stippling brush for reference. :) I would recommend this for dry, dry/combo or normal skins.

FINISH: dewy-glowy. Not too shiny which I like.

COVERAGE: light-medium. This lasts about 8 hours (with powder touch-ups).

COLOUR: I'm a (serious) PPP and I use the lightest shade, 51, when I'm wearing gradual fake tan (the Le Tan one in case you were looking for a good one) and it matches perfectly. It has a yellow undertone.

PACKAGING: I love the slim design of the bottle, very chic. The pump is handy, as is the clear finish of the bottle so you know how much you have left.

PRICE: I'm pretty sure I paid about AU$34 for this foundation from Priceline. A little expensive for a drugstore brand, in my opinion, but I'll happily fork out again because it's such good quality.

Only half a lippie off because I wish it would last just a teensy bit longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this foundation but it broke me out SO BADLY! I rarely break out from makeup but something in here did-it was the only thing I changed in my routine. I stopped using it and healed up (which took ages!). Anyway, other than that-if this doesn't break you out, it would be a great foundation for dry/normal skin. It is lightweight, provides medium coverage and blends like a dream! I wish this worked for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tdm1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this foundation so bad. I must have read 10 pages of reviews on it here on MUA but it just didn't work for me. I have sensative skin, but I have used Revlon Colour Stay foundation for years and it hardly broke me out. I just spent over $200 on face cleanser, toner, and moisturizer and I decided I might want a new foundation to go with it.
Let's just say.. i've been wearing no foundation for the past week because I can't get to the store to buy a new foundation.
It sat well on my skin the first week.. then it started to slide right off and disappear by 1:00. It just did not work.
I have combination skin for those who were wondering. I think it may have even dried it out more.
Just no good. So sad.. I loved it at first.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

This provides a light/medium coverage and demi matte/ slightly dewy finish. This is one of the few drugstore foundations that is light enough for my skintone (shade 51) and it has yellow undertones. I like this as an everyday foundation but I don't think it can be built up to a high coverage for evening time. It wears for about 8 hours on me and lasts equally well on my t-zone as on drier areas. It doesn't accentuate any dry patches I have either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by cowhugger

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It is hands down the BEST everyday foundation. It's so effortless to apply. I find it's best applied with my fingers because it takes less product to get the most coverage versus putting it on with a foundation brush. I usually use two pumps with a foundation brush and not even a full pump when using my fingers. This foundation is so weightless on the skin and it really feels like I'm not wearing anything on my face. While it is an amazing everyday foundation the coverage is really low so I only like to wear it when I have good skin. I still wear it when I have bad skin but not as often and I wear it with concealer. I think this foundation is more of an everyday foundation (for me, at least) than Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua simply because of the price. While I definitely prefer Vitalumiere Aqua to Healthy Mix Serum, I'm too afraid of using my Vitalumiere Aqua on a more regular basis. I'm definitely going to repurchase this foundation for as long as I can find it online.

Just an FYI for those of you in the States (or anywhere else Asos.com ships to) wanting to try this foundation, Asos.com carries it and they offer free shipping.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by risababy

It's a nice foundation, but it just wasn't for me. Maybe it will be for you.
It's very light in texture, not greasy at all, and smells great, like a soft fruity scent. I also noticed that made my skin softer when I washed it off at night. It has never made me break out and dries down to a slightly matte yet dewy finish at around my t-zone. I wear it in #51. The packaging is excellent as well - a pump with a cap so it's hygenic but you can easily unscrew it if you need to. The slim bottle is a really nice fit in my makeup bag.
But my small problem, despite all these awesome qualities, is the coverage. (Or rather, lackthereof.) I would call this a small step up from a tinted moisturizer. A little bit more coverage than that, but otherwise, you will need something thicker if you wish to cover a pimple or some dark circles. I want something multitasking to save time, which I found in Laura Mercier's silk creme. Because I bought it and there's still lots left, I just wear this when I want to look a bit more fresh than without makeup. I usually put on 2-3 layers (depending on how bad my skin is) to feel like it made a difference.
That being said, the bottle does last a long time! I paid around $29 CAD for it at Shopper's Drug Mart, which isn't terrible because Bourjois is a great higher-end drugstore brand. I rated this a 3, but if I consider it to be a 3.5. I want something with a lil more coverage. If you don't and just want something to even out your skintone a little bit, try this!
UPDATE: changed from 3 lippies to 5. Here's why: I realized now, after finishing my first bottle, how this foundation fits in with my life. Now that my skin has calmed down somewhat (thanks to La Roche-Posay's Toleriane Ultra), I don't feel the need for a full coverage foundation for everyday. So I turned to this when I just want to look fresh and bright. It is very much "your skin but better". I mentioned all of its wonderful traits, so I won't go into that again...but case and point = I officially FINISHED (and I mean like getting a Q-tip to scrape out every last bit) my first bottle...and will be re-purchasing a new one today.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EDIT: June 2013 Great finish and lasting power but breaks me out on my jawline within 24hrs of wearing. :(
I am re-writing this review. I apply this with a flat foundation brush and use primer when if I forget primer the foundation still lasts 5-6 hours without need of touch ups. I love the finish of this foundation, it is slightly dewy but not overly and the feel on the skin is of the same standard as Chantecaille (another French brand) at a quarter of the price. As mentioned above this is so lovely but it breaks me out straight away. So disappointed, I'm not sure what's in the ingredient list that my skin hates but I get deep cyctic acne when I use it (or any Bourjois foundation I have recently found).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No