April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - 8-pan Palette "Comfort Zone"

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by AmberVerde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This palette is gorgeous. I love every single color. In pictures the bottom right color looks like Club, but it's really a spot-on dupe for Blue Brown pigment. If I could only have one palette for the rest of my life, this would be it. The pigmentation is amazing- esp. considering that it's a drugstore brand. The texture is smooth and buttery and applies evenly. The only con, and not even that really, is that you need a primer to get full color payoff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before i discovered HE mu i wouldn't go near WnW, everything i had tried (back in the '90s) just kinda sucked so i didn't bother with them. But now, i really like this brand. I decided to give it a shot when the new 6pan palettes came out & it was love at first sight. So then i moved onto the matte l/s & the 8pan shadows, im a deff user now. Anywho my point is this brand has come a long way with their cosmetics & i love this palette & would repurchase many times over. (although face,nail & other products i still don't really care for)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

So glad that I finally got my hands on this palette. I've experimented with each colour, and find that they all complement my brown eyes like crazy! I'll find good use for every colour. My advice is, just because a colour is marked as "browbone" or "crease" doesn't mean it can't be worn on the lid, etc. Mix it up, put whatever colour wherever you want. The markings are just there as a guide. This palette has so much potential and many possibilities. Use the shadows in this palette with shadows from other palettes. It's fun to create new looks by mixing colours together. I purchased this palette for under $5(CAD). Worth every penny. Like all Wet N Wild eyeshadows, they're great quality for the price, and the pigmentation is super. Use an eyeshadow primer underneath and ta-da, you're set!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lvn4jesus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very surprised by how much I like this palette. I am NC50ish (Hazelnut/Nutmeg in Black Opal) and I thought these colors would not be the most flattering on me.
I actually like all of the colors. They have a nice satiny sheen to them, not glitter packed.
They are very soft and you will get a lot of fall out, but for $4.99, I'm not going to be picky. The pigmentation is very good, no chalkiness. My favorite shade is the "definer" shade on the bottom right side of the palette. It adds "pop" and "drama" to any eye look.
I received lots of comments regarding how pretty my eyes looked when I created a look using this palette. Since the goal is to get people to notice our eyes (not necessarily the eyeshadow), I knew I had winner on my hands.
Great product for a great price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great product if you have brown eyes and are neutral / warm toned. That being said, I am NW10 with blue eyes, very cool. Unfortunately, this palette didn't work for me. I love Petal Pusher and the other 8 pan with the turquoise shadow, but this one is going in the give away pile.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by eteix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What can I say about this palette that hasn't been said already? Every single color is gorgeous. In fact, the gunmetal definer shade is probably one of my favorite eyeshadow shades ever. My old roommate used to say that gunmetal always looks good on Asians. All the colors are very blendable, and suitable for all occasions.

Originally, I wanted this palette because Jenn from frmheadtotoe.com suggested it (and I'm kind of obsessed with her). I then scoured all of Manhattan looking for this elusive product. I soon realized that Duane Reade doesn't carry it, and most Walgreens don't -- trust me, I went to about seven of them. Eventually, I just purchased it from drugstore.com.

The color payoff is so rich. Sometimes I swatch them on my hand and stare for a few seconds just for the hell of it. They look gorgeous on my lids, even if I don't use primer. Even my dentist complimented my eyeshadow! I haven't really noticed creasing, but maybe because I have dry skin.

The thing to watch out for is: never ever drop this palette on the floor. I dropped mine when I first got it, and I had a mini heart attack. Luckily, only tiny pieces chipped off, but you still have to be careful. I wouldn't travel with it, I would only apply it at home.

Seriously, at $5 (what? other reviewers got it for $4? I'm jealous), an amazing value for such a great product. It seems like every review mentions the poor packaging, but I think it's worth overlooking for the amazing product inside. It's definitely my go-to palette now.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I held out on purchasing this for a while b/c I was really disappointed by the Lust and Greed palettes and I rarely use greenish e/s. Then a month or so ago I saw a youtube video w/ this and all of the sudden I really wanted it and was super duper excited to get it on sale from CVS. I still think these are not as good and longlasting as say UD and stuff, but some of the shadows in this palette are definitely the best d/s ones I've ever tried (so soft and pigmented). I definitely saw some creasing/fading even w/ primer after a long day (don't recall at what point it started to crease/fade), but I have abnormally greasy lids and it wasn't horrendous. Definitely a fun and useful palette to have for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by silverwing

It took me awhile to buy this palette. The problem I was having was that even though I was seeing it in stores, because the shadows are so soft, I don't often find them in the display without a broken or cracked shade. That is something the Wet 'n' Wild need to improve upon.

When I found one without any broken shades, I bought it. I love the shades and pigmentation. All of the shades have shimmer, which is fine by me. These apply smoothly and blend easily. This palette gives the option of a work friendly neutral look, but also shades to put together an evening look.

Once I find the 2 other 8 pans without broken shades, I will be purchasing them as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! Has Wet n' Wild sure come a long way! I remember buying Wet n' Wild products at the drugstore when I was just a kid who wanted to play with makeup, and now, at 26, I'm still using some of their products. I picked up this palette at Walgreens for about US $4, last weekend when I was looking for some cheap makeup to take on my cruise. I was thinking that if I bought some cheap makeup, if it broke in my luggage I wouldn't be upset, but after testing this, and realizing the GREAT quality, I think I'd be more upset if this broke than some of my more expensive mac shadows! The texture of these shadows is great! Soft, and finely milled, but HIGHLY pigmented. I was expecting to have to apply these wet, to get any payoff, however, the payoff is amazing dry! There is no scent, the eyeshadows are not powdery, and they last all day. The packaging seems pretty sturdy, it's a large clamshell type package. The brush/applicator that comes with it obviously sucks, but so do the brushes/aplicators that come in pretty much all eyeshadows. I use my Sonya Kashuk eyeshadow brush, and it applies like a dream. This palette comes with 8 colors, a neutral set, and a green set. For $4 you can NOT beat that! I am definitely willing, not only to buy every palette in this collection, but to recommend them to friends and family as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

This has go to be one of m favorite palletes. The price is amazing, quality is just as good if not better then a high end eyeshadow, and the pigmentation is amazing as well.All of the colors work well together or by themselves this is definitely a must have.