Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

Price: $

on 4/3/2012 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This palette is indicative of the quality Wet 'n' Wild offers. Highly pigmented, soft and blendable, but fallout on the dark colors. This particular palette offers a variety of looks for day and night.

Referring to the numbers on the picture posted above, I like to use 1, 2, 5, and 6 as lid or highlight colors with something a little darker in the crease.

Number 3 is actually the same color as my eyelid, making it work well as a one-and-done eyeshadow look or a blending color.

Duochromed #8 actually works well for me as a one-and-done interesting daytime smokey eye (not for the most conservative places, but I'm wearing it to my job).

Numbers 7 and 4 are DARK! As a caramel-skinned woman, I cannot emphasize this enough. These aforementioned duo can turn your eye look from day to night with the slightest tap from your brush, so proceed with caution. I like them both as liners and sparingly in the outer V, especially 4 because it makes my chocolate eyes POP. These are also the two with the most fallout.

My only complaint with this palette (as with all WNW eyeshadows and blushes) is the packaging. The design is good, but the quality is lacking.

Overall, I really like and enjoy this palette. It's absolutely lovely and a great value for the price.

Edit 7/31/12: ALL of these colors make my eyes POP! Still love this palette!

on 4/3/2012 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I find the eye shadows to be extremely pigmented and soft. They last the whole day without using a primer. They don't crease. There's some fall out, but I don't see that as a big problem. I wouldn't consider them to be the same quality as MAC / Urban Decay, but they're still very, very good, especially considering the price.

I wouldn't exactly call the colors neutrals. They're rather dramatic. Some of the standouts are the gold eye lid and duochrome definer colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really great palette! I prefer my green eyeshadows to be a little sparkly. I can't pull off the matte green like Nikki Minaj can xD

The color payoff on these is FANTASTIC and the fallout-for me- is very minimal. I have oily lids so if I don't use a primer they do crease.

The left side is more brown-tones shadows while the right is more of the green shades. All eight colors can be used together very cohesively and create a very pretty look!

For only 5 bucks (less if you have a coupon or find it on sale) this palette is totally worth it! Several of these shades are dupes for MUCH more expensive MAC colors. Definitely try to pick one of these up if you have a curiosity about adding some green to your life ;D and if you don't know if you'll like it, head to Ulta! They have a really great return policy for opened and used products!

on 3/27/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I purchased it at Fred Myer's for $4.99 in "petal plusher"
Besides the sponge applicator, the other end sucks so bad, why do they even have it there??!
I wouldn't want to wear this without a primer though.
It is pigmented enough that I'd repurchase, but to compare, I think NYX eyeshadows are better.
The packaging quality, it's the ultimate palette. Good Job, Wet 'N' Wild

on 3/24/2012 5:06:00 PM

I'm not a huge eyeshadow person but that's mainly because I can never find any that go on dark and stay on for a long time. This is the best eyeshadow I have ever bought though, and so cheap! All of the shades are highly pigmented and last me through a whole day at work. I have oily skin so shadow always creases on my, but I will prime my lids with both a liquid and a powder foundation before applying and it seems to last for a good portion of the day. I use the four lighter shades very often and the darker ones for special occasions. I like that the colors can all be mixed and matched yet still all go together. I tried the other two palettes, the purple and the blue, as well. Those are not everyday colors for me, but that aside I think this palette is of better quality than the other two. I also like that these are all neutral shades that compliment many eye colors so this palette can be used every day.

on 3/21/2012 11:22:00 PM

LOVE this, especially the right-side definer (blue/brown duochrome 'definer'). Gorgeous and cheap!

I've heard nothing but good things about this palette, so I had to try it out and every good thing everyone has to say about it is spot on. I've never tried any of the more expensive brands of shadows as I'm a poor college student, but this is so pigmented compared to the other brands that I've tried, such as elf. I really recommend this for anyone who's on a budget but wants a good quality eyeshadow for a cheap price.

on 3/19/2012 1:53:00 PM

Browbone (left) pale peach frost

Eyelid (left) copper-penny frost

Crease (left) warm medium-dark golden brown with pearl

Definer (left) dark burgundy copper shimmered brown with subtle red undertones

Browbone (right) pale dirty gray-pewter with a white frosted sheen

Eyelid (right) soft mossy green with a golden sheen

Crease (right) charcoal brown with golden pearl

Definer (right) red-brown frost with teal duochrome

Product - A gorgeous assortment featuring warm nude-browns and cool grey-greens. The colors are much prettier in person. I really like the range from light to dark, which allows for a lot of combinations and play. Great with my coloring (AAB/NC25). Pigmentation and staying power (over an eyeshadow base, anyway) is surprisingly good, and the last two shades I listed are among my favorites.

Packaging - Generously sized, with eight rectangular pans of color and a well for the included dual-ended brush (one sponge tip and one ragged, chubby, slightly flattened angled brush). Clear plastic fliptop cover with black plastic base. Retails for $4.99.

Overall - If not for Temptalia's glowing review, I would have completely overooked this. A great value for this happy owner. continued >>

on 3/16/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this palette of eyeshadows! The colors are fabulous and they ALL coordinate with each other. There are literally 100's of possibilites with this color combination. I do always use my E.L.F. eyeshadow primer (from Target) first in order to insure these colors will be sustainable for a 10 hour stretch. Highly recommend this eyeshadow palette, it's fabUlous. I purchased it from Ulta about 1 month ago. :)

on 3/16/2012 7:18:00 PM

There aren't enough words to explain how much I ADORE this palette. It's beyond affordable, the colors are highly pigmented and SUPER buttery smooth and the colors are all extremely wearable! One of the best purchases I've ever made, as well as one I reach for almost constantly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials