July 29, 2014 | 2005 users online

Concealers - Collection 2000 - Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Sourlemonzest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I start I should mention I use this as blemish concealer and not an undereye concealer so if youíre interested in it as the latter do not waste your time reading this long-winded review!
I have been a relatively long-time user of the MACís full coverage concealers: the Studio Finish concealer and the Studio Sculpt concealer. I thought Iíd found my HGs and I would be happy for pretty much the rest of my life (concealer-wise that is). This modestly-priced concealer (£4.19) has been giving my other (more expensive) concealers run for their money.
I use this as a blemish concealer and so full coverage is important; I never knew that liquid concealers, let alone a drugstore concealer could provide this level of coverage. I take concealer from the doe foot applicator onto my hand and then continue applying it with my MAC 194 brush (which I should add makes any concealer seem at least two times better) and it can conceal pretty much everything I need including dark moles should you want to conceal those. The concealer doesnít cake, that being said it is very opaque so wonít look very natural if you put it over a very large area but that is to be expected.
The concealer claims to last up to 16 hours, it probably does to some extent but Iíve never tried it for that long. It wonít look as fresh as first application though, and about three/four hours later it will start to fade without touch-ups but I reckon the lasting power is pretty good and has fared reasonably well in my 8 hour days Ė better than my MAC concealers.
The main issues I have with this product are the colours. The colour range is small and a little random. The colours come in fair, light, medium and deep. Iíd say that light and medium arenít too far apart in colour a bit like the difference between an NC25 and NC30 concealer. That being said Iím not convinced fair would work on the very lightest of skin tones (I use this shade at the moment and Iím an NC20*) and the deep most certainly wouldnít work for the darkest of skintones Ė a shade I could see certain South Asians and lighter Afro-Caribbeans wearing but definitely not any darker. Also the shades tend to oxidise and darken (albeit briefly) so definitely take that into account and the light shade is particularly pink (compared with fair and medium) although not obnoxiously pink which may be good or bad depending on the person. Overall these worked really well for me so Iím going to be really selfish and give this a five rating but I donít think everyone will find a shade that matches them from this limited colour range.
So far no breakouts but I will update if I do experience bad luck with this product.

*Note this concealer oxidises on me (Iím not sure how much it would oxidise on other people) so although initially a tad light for me, it darkens to my shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Pink786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried a lot of concealers and I only buy expensive brands when it comes to makeup because I think the cheap and pharmacy store/over the counter products would harm my skin but I this concealer (COLLECTIONS 2000 LASTING PERFECTION ULTIMATE WEAR CONCEALER) proved me wrong........My fave one was the YSL highlighter I ran out of it recently and I wanted to try something new as always :D so I tried mac and other expensive brands, which are in my makeup bag just sitting there. I couldn't find one that would give me a smooth and even finish look and texture and I wanted something that would not give me lines under my eyes which every other concealer gave me even the ysl. I went to boots the other day and I was just checking out makeup because I am crazy about makeup.. I came across the Collection brand and tried on the Lasting perfection ultimate wear concealer and I was just shocked to see the results. It removed my lines and felt very smooth and silky and made my eyes look amazingly perfect. The best thing is that I don't have to keep applying it on. It actually stays on all day and lasts all day. With other concealers I had to keep putting it on because it would fade away. This concealer is perfect and I think I found my holy grail concealer now and I don't think I will be going back to anything else and waste my money on those expensive brands any more when it comes to a concealer. I will stick to this because I love it and I just need a little bit and it lasts all day looking the same through out the day...... It makes my eyes look younger and fresh and line free and adds highlight and smooth and silky and bright and wide awake kinda look.........It kinda moisturises my eye area too because my eyes were very dry before I started using this concealer........... I just love this and its also very cheap too......I guess not all cheap and over the counter products are bad after all :D I use Teint Miracle liquid foundation ......I have very oily skin too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Bourjoisx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

!!!! I am a convert !!!!!

This product is amazing! I can't believe how cheap it was and yet how fantastic the product was. The formulation of the cream is not too thick that it makes you look like you've never slept and not too thin that it hardly covers anything! I read a review somewhere that it was a dupe for another high-end product and I have to agree! I use Light which is a little lighter than my skin tone but it works really well to highlight areas you want a little "light" too.

Absolutely love it and cannot fault it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm amazed. AMAZED. This drugstore product out-performs my other mid-end and high-end concealers!! It says 16 hour wear, although I haven't counted, it lasted the whole day without fading, and the texture is JUST ABOUT RIGHT for undereye coverage. (for spots i'd use a stick concealer)

The concealer comes in a wand tube, which allows me to dot the concealer on skin accurately, unlike wiping a concealer stick and tugging your skin. This concealer blends seamlessly.

I use shade 3 Medium and I'm NC25.