November 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by bins13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read a lot of good reviews on this foundation, so I decided to try it out. It was horrible for me, it left my skin feeling and looking dry. I tried the lightest shade, and it was to light, bought one shade darker and it was too dark, mixed the two, nope didn't work. I gave it plenty of tries, using different primers, no primer, different setting powders and sprays i use regularly, and even the product by itself, and nothing worked! Overall, for me, it was a waste of money because i lost the receipt.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by sexylovie84

Oh wow!! I wasn't even looking for a foundation, but out of the corner of my eye I spotted these and something said, 'Perfect skin tone match!!' I selected two close shades but went with 200 soft beige. This stuff is incredible!! I use a thin layer almost all over. It offers me full coverage (even though I have great skin that just needs a little evening out) and it creates a great base for other makeup to cling to!! I love to add my concealer on top of this because the foundation grabs it and I don't have to use as much. It says it has an 'aqua primer' in it, and I believe it!! I don't always use liquid foundation, but it's nice to play sometimes :) I really love this!!! I will continue to buy over and over!! I am really pleased that a random impulse buy could be so awesome. I only have one other Rimmel cosmetic, a lipliner which I also like.. I think I will check out other products by them tomorrow!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jorates

Good quality foundation for the price. Leaves a somewhat grey cast so it seems to be much darker then it turns out to be. Has to be worked quickly, so better to moisten it up (to keep the good coverage) or mix it with the face cream. I use it to correct some foundations that are too light, but I won't buy it again. It does look like a cheap foundation, although a decent one.
Edit: Well, I might buy it again after all, given it is great for making tinted moisturizer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have heard so much about this. Some even say this was on par with Rev CS, which I love. For ref I am NC35 in Mac PLW, Tawny in ELDW, 310+330 in Rev CS. I have very oily skin and live in a hot and humid tropical weather and I have a mild to moderate acne scarring. I have Asian-Yellow undertone.

Shade: I got this in Nude 202. I feel that this matches my skin to a tee. This has a yellow undertone which is great. It wasnt too yellow like some of MAC's. I find that this has the best undertone for my skin of all the foundation I've tried. And the good part also is that it didnt oxidize on me, stays true to color all day.

Application and Texture: I find the texture rather runny, usually a long wearing foundation would be slightly thick, but this is runny, which is weird because some dewy foundations are thicker than this. You'd think that since it's runny, it would be easily blended right? Well, no. Upon application, this left my face feeling tacky. I tried using a flat top brush, Elf and Sigmax F80, and I find that it sat on top of my skin and created a cakey mask. It went on super streaky and tacky and would not blend into my skin, no matter what. I had to stop using the brushes and used my fingers, only then it melted slightly to blend in. Applying using fingers although helps the foundation melt and blend in, it's still super tacky and streaky. It took awhile to blend in properly,in short it was a lot of effort i didnt expect to put, bcuz i didnt really have problems with foundation being so hard to blend before, and I never had to put so much effort in trying to get it to blend and melt into my skin, no not even with revlon cs which is considerably thicker than this. This is a first for me. I wouldnt say it was hard to blend because it dried quickly-honestly it wasnt drying quickly, i feel that the tackiness of the foundation made it hard to blend and it took a while for it to dry/set. A good news is that it didnt settle into pores and didnt highlight any flakies I have, and it wasnt drying my skin out-felt slightly hydrating after the tackiness had gone.

Coverage: This gave a medium coverage. And not really buildable, in the sense that when you layer it it would be suppperrr cakey and just sat on top of the skin, since it is very hard to melt and blend into the skin in the first place. In the event you successfully manage to build it, which still left your face cakey you could skip concealer with this and it does cover acne scarring well. Honestly, this isnt a foundation that could be layered without getting the mask face.

Longevity: This didnt control my oil at all. I was super oily in my 3rd hour of wearing and had to constantly blot through out the day (Constantly like 6-8 times). Lasted for a at least 7- 8 hours, but then disintegarated on the 8th hour and showed all my acne scarring. which is horrible cuz i usually work up to 12 hours a day. On a day where I had to walk around and sweat a little more and not just sit in my air conditioned office, this melted off my face on the 5th hour of wearing, and left me supeer oily...I feel that this is a foundation where you can put on if you are not running around or sweating or doing anything moderately active, but if you are, look elsewhere. however I feel that this would last fairly well on someone with combination/normal and dry skin as it is slightly hydrating. As I do tend to have crazy oily skin and i live in the warmer region, this isnt great for me. This might be great for someone who lives in the cooler region.

Packaging: Comes in a squeeze tube, which is hygienic and costs less than USD10.

All in all, would I recommend it? Well, if you're oily-skip this. Not worth the money. But if you have combi/normal/dry skin. Although I think this would last so much better on your skin type, the blendability and texture is bad at least for me. Try a sample first if you could get your hands on them. See how it blends on your skin. Hope this helps.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by peace333love

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I think I finally found my HG foundation, and let me tell you, I have tried a ton of them before purchasing this one :)
This foundation has the most beautiful coverage I have ever seen. It covers like a dream, it takes a little bit longer for it to dry, but once it does it won't go anywhere. I have a lot of acne scars, and this manages to cover them completely, without feeling cakey. That's another thing- it's so lightweight it's almost incredible, considering the fact that this is a medium-full coverage foundation. It can go on shear, or you can build up the coverage by applying a second layer where you need it. It has a matte finish, and on my very oily T-zone it takes approximately 5 hours for the shine to start showing, but then I blott once, and I may have to do it once more by the end of the day, and that's all, and I don't even set it with powder...
Long story short, I am incredibly impressed with this one, it's cheap. it's matte, it covers everything ( I even use it as a concealer under my eyes :) ), and it doesn't break me out, which most foundations do, so I would highly recommend this one to everyone, except maybe to people with very dry skin. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by seiran

Well there goes all my hopes and dreams AGAIN! After reading all the reviews and the price being $8, I don't regret trying this...HOWEVER it did not work for me at all.
Pros: Cheap, locally available, 103 is my perfect color match, full coverage.
Cons: OILY after 1 hour, not long lasting, cakey, caused me to break out!

I have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin (Oily T-zone). Initially when I put this makeup on, it was very matte and great coverage! But after 1 hour it started to cake around my oily areas like my nose. After blotting twice every hour I ended up with either no makeup in the blotted areas or super oily! Granted I do have quite an oily nose but it doesn't usually get this bad without foundation! Then after wearing it for 12 hours for 2 days straight, I noticed breakouts around my chin! Even a cystic one developing. I stopped right away and now my cystic one gone back down thank god! Anyways I really wanted to have this work as the color match is perfect...which is super rare for me. Back on the hunt...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Purchased about a month ago. Been using this every day. I managed to find a shade that matched my skin tone, however there is a limited selection. They did have testers for this line at my wal mart which was nice. Lovely matte finish, buildable coverage, fabulous price - $9 CAD. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by krsgarcia

PROS:
- Packaging: I like the tubed foundation because you have control with how much formula I wish to use.
- Application: The foundation doesn't dry quickly, which means you have the ability to blend.
- Coverage: Your finish look is definitely matte, which is good for those who have oily skin. It also does great with covering acne scars and other imperfections.

CONS:
- Colour Range: The shade range is very limited.
- Colour Packaging: Perhaps it's just me, but I think the packaging made the foundation appear darker in colour; when you apply it it's a more lighter shade than expected.
- Allergic Reaction: Because of my sensitive skin, I felt irritation/burning during application. I cleansed my face with my cleansing towelettes and found redness & break outs developing.
- Look on photo: This foundation made me look ghostly pale!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I bought this in the shade 400 (I'm NC30 MAC, but I purchased such a dark foundation to mix with my other regular shade foundations for summer time)

Let me first off by saying that when I purchased this, I did not do any research...
Coverage: Medium to full. You can definitely layer on the foundation for a fuller coverage, or apply a thin layer for a medium coverage. Covers my redness and any imperfections without having to apply concealer!

Finish: Semi matte with the tiniest sheen. Even with 6+ hours of wear, the sheen does not make me look overly oily

Lasting power: Although this claims to last 25 hours, I've personally never worn it for that long. However, I have worn it for at least 8 hours and the foundation still looks very nice. It doesn't wear off, but you will need to powder after like, 6 hours or so.

Scent: Not much of a scent !

Packaging: Squeeze tube, perfect for mixing with my other foundations. The packaging of this is really simple and I like it as it's plastic and travel friendly.

Price: I don't remember how much I bought this foundation for, but it was definitely under $10 at a local Shoppers Drug Mart (Cdn) and it's totally worth it

Colour: As I said before, I did not purchase the appropriate color to match my face. I purchased this in 400 so I could mix this with my lighter foundations in the summer so I wouldn't have to purchase a brand new department store foundation. However, I do find that this shade has enough yellow undertones in that I look natural even if I wear this foundation alone!

Overall: I really like this foundation! Although it's not a traditional matte foundation (Which I prefer), it still has enough matte-nes to it that it stays put and I don't look like a greaseball after 8 hours of wear. It definitely will last your a good 8 hours of wear, without fading off and for the price, I would definitely continue purchasing this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Samyoung

I usually buy expensive brand foundation, but I decided to cut back on some things. So I decided to try to find some cheaper makeup starting with foundation. I
Was at target and saw this makeup and gave it a try. I really loved it!!!!! It lasted all day and looked perfect the whole time!!!! All you need is a small amount, little goes a long way!! Comes in good variety of colors and the price is great!!! My mom was with me and also bought a bottle and loved it also!!! Very pleased and happy I found a good foundation for less than ten dollars!!! Give it a try you won't be sorry!!!