April 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE! I've been a Revlon Colorstay devotee for a while now because I do have really oily skin. But, I wanted to try something new and I only have one shade in Colorstay and it was a little dark at the moment. So, I picked this up due its claim to stay on for so long. Right now I'm NC20 and I got 103 and it's a perfect match. Goes on easily, but initially looks a tad powdery. Do not worry, in about 20 minutes the powdery look goes away and it just looks amazing. Staying powder is actually better than my Colorstay. I did not get oily by the noon hour and it looked absolutely fantastic by 5pm. I did not blot at all during the day. I really love this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to buy a new and cheaper foundation for the summer because my skin colour keeps changing from tanning, so I thought I would give this a try. It was 12$ (canadian) and I got it in 'true nude' to match my new tan, and it is PERFECT. The foundation has a sticky texture (you have to work fast, no dotting it everywhere and then blending for this bad boy) I have to work in sections and use a buffing brush. After a few minutes the foundation literally sinks into your skin (and not sit on the top like a lot of drugstore ones) and sets to a nice semi matte finish. I wore this out to a club where I sweated all night long, came home and this stuff was still on! I did try it one day without setting it with a powder and I got oily in about 6 hours, which is honestly not that bad for a hot summer day.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought No 100 Ivory (lightest shade) in the glass bottle with a pump. It was far too dark for my skin. Made even worse as it oxidizes to orange when it dries. It was very cakey, difficult to touch up because it cakes even more and it feels so thick on your skin as well! I also don't really see it's "25 hour" claim. I wore it around the house and 5 hours later my face was an orange, cakey, patchy mess.
It's good points are that it does provide good coverage (it really should considering how thick it feels when it's on, clog prone people take care!) and I do like the packaging :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this knowing the reviews were mixed. Bottom line: it broke me out so badly, I could just about stand in front of the mirror and watch it happen. The color wasn't bad, but the staying power wasn't the best. It also gushed out of the tube whenever it was turned down, so I had to always be careful to keep it bottom-side up. Totally not worth it, imho.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by piggywiggy777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i don't know if i would buy this again...i ended up returning it. it had a rubbery feel to it, was hard to wash off, and had a gray tint to it...i go tmine in the second to lightest shade and it just looked a little cakey, i guess on my skin..
here's the thing though...I recieved a great deal of compliments about my skin when i was wearing this foundation!!! no joke!...so maybe I just need to buy it again and try it with a different mousterizer or something. also, i bought it half full because of people using it! so i might go back and get it and only use it for long days when i have no time for touch ups:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by mtwomey91

I've used Revlon Photoready color correcting primer and liquid foundation for about a year now, and while I loved the full coverage, I became worried that it was too heavy and was causing me to break out. I then decided to try the Rimmel pro primer and 25 hour foundation...the price was so great that I figured it was worth a try. I was shocked! I'm so prone to oily skin and my makeup falling off halfway through the day, and this stays matte and perfect from morning to night! I can rub my face and it doesn't even budge. It looks natural and comes in convenient tube packaging. I've spent a ridiculous amount of money trying to find full cover, long-lasting, oil-controlling makeup, and I can't believe I finally found it at only $5 a bottle. I'd recommend it to anyone!

PS- My skin is fair to medium, depending on if I'm using a tanning moisturizer or not, and the true ivory tone is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by hannahgal143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is absolutely amazing! I have very oily skin and a lot of acne, so it's difficult to find a full-coverage foundation that stays on and won't break me out, but I found this at the drugstore, and it is seriously a miracle! Works way better, lasts all day, and blends so nicely into my skin. I'm not sure how it would work for dry skin, but for me it is HG status :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 4:18:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

And now i've moved on to drugstore brands!

Pros
-YES FINALLY, a drugstore foundation with strong yellow undertones :D most drugstore foundations are untouchable by me because theyre just too darn pink for my strong yellow undertones. But not this! I use it in shade 202 and im an NC30. The color match is awesome
-Cute packaging, easy and hygenic
-Good price point

Negatives
-Strange sticky texture, sometimes doesn't set so i have to powder over it
-Doesn't last very long, my oily skin melts it right off
-Scent...strong, flowery :p unnecessary!

However it was cheap so I dont mind keeping it, definitely wont be repurchasing though! Really good for drugstore brand though and recommend it to normal-dry skinned women!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for years, i was really gutted for a while because i thought it had been discontinued but then realised they had just changed the packaging to a bottle with a pump, its a dewy foundation, i've had light-full coverage depending on how much i apply, very buildable with layers and still super natural looking, i usually use a thin layer and then add more to areas that need it, so i can still see my freckles, i usually need to set with powder in my t-zone, my skin is combination so my t-zone can get a bit oily, its usually needs topping up with powder 1-2 times but everywhere else i like to leave looking dewy, it also looks good in photos (i'll add a pic for you) most foundations make me brake out in spots but i find rimmel products always work great with my skin, only down side is the lightest shade isn't that light and i have really pale skin so it only matches my skin tone in the summer or when i wear fake tan

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Sobria

This product is fantastic. It looks good in pictures and in real life. It's medium to full coverage but you can sheer it out. However, it broke me out. My friend tried it as well and still broke out. We have totally different skin types. Me acne prone, her not so much. I wish it didn't break us out.