September 1, 2014 | 1954 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by hc

good light moisturizer. the packaging is unhygienic which is a draw back and its a little expensive however i can usually find it on sale at my local SDM for around $8. i find that when i apply it right out of the shower that it sinks in more but if i just wash my face it almost feels like it takes longer to sink in. it would be nice if it had mattifying properties.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

So here's the deal on this... it's very silicone-heavy and silicones make me break out. I can't use it too many days in a row all over my face or I get clogged pores. Plus, it actually feels kind of weird on my face. It is indeed "refreshing" but once it soaks in my face feels tight yet moisturized, like someone wrapped plastic wrap around my face. I have found 2 excellent uses for it though: eye cream and sunburn reliever. I have really bad puffy eyes from not sleeping enough and this fixes that instantly, especially when I keep this in the fridge. I use it morning and night around my eye area. I am prone to eczema on my eyelids and I have had no issues with it since I started using this. The gel texture of this is great for wearing it around the eyes under makeup because it isn't greasy so it won't cause your makeup to smudge. In addition, I somehow managed to get sunburned on just one shoulder (my first sunburn since the 8th grade) and in desperation I applied this on it and it felt better by morning. For $6 I will always have this on hand, even if I don't actually use it as a facial moisturizer very often.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Probably the best night moisturizer I've used so far. I don't use thick night creams because I have oily/acne prone skin.
This just feels so refreshing once you put it on it almost has a cooling effect. It's more watery and more moisturing than the yellow clinique gel. The gel texture really works at moisturizing your skin without being heavy at all!! IT'S SO LIGHT.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by carranzadg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been waiting for a drugstore version of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel to come out and now if has. I love it. Most moisturizers contribute to my super oily face and I hated having to spend over $20 for it. I've tried Garnier products and I decided to give it a shot. It works just as well as Clinique. If you've never tried a gel moisturizer be aware that it definitely feels different than regular moisturizer. Not sure how to describe but it doesn't feel like your moisturizing at all. I tend not to use moisturizer in the am because my skin is so oily but when my skin gets drier in the cooler months this is my go to moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by PinkyRani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have the oilyest skin and this make me SHINE LIKE GREASE in 1 hour. The intial effect is matte, but that only lasts for an instant. Surprisingly, it also doesnt moisturize the dry/itchy areas.

I do not recommend this for oily skin ppl, but definately for normal skin. It also doesnt have SPF which is a con even if you have normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by sandark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This...is amazing. I've been searching for a good facial moisturizer that wouldn't make my skin feel oily or greasy, and this does the trick. I put it on and in less than a minute, it soaked into my skin and didn't feel wet, but silky smooth. I put foundation over it, and my foundation didn't streak, so it worked great for a primer for me too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by marie2555

I got sucked into buying this by trying out a sample in a magazine... and I was actually impressed once I started using it regularly. I've noticed it doesn't really break me out, but it does feel a little weird on my skin. It's not oily, but it feels almost kind of sticky, and when it dries it dries kind of like a separate layer on your skin. If you mind how it feels then I don't suggest you get it, as there is also a tingling, cooling sensation. It doesn't help much with redness, but it does hydrate pretty good. Unlike some of the reviews on here, I actually like the smell of it.... it smells fresh/clean. It works really well under makeup too. My only large complaint is the jar packaging. The packaging quality is nice... but not practical. Germs will grow like crazy in there if you don't make sure your hands are clean before you use it. The amount of product you get doesn't really correspond with the price, but I don't mind too much because it doesn't break me out and it does what it says. Its not a hg moisturizer, but it gets the job done... so thats why I gave it 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by mrampley

AWESOME!!! This works wonders on my dry acne prone skin.. It is so cool on my skin... I love the smell and the feel of it.. And it moisturizes wonderfully.... I was paying $20 for Alba but I got this at walmart for $5.99 and I will be buying it again.. I love it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product so much. Has to be one of my favorites. I use it everyday. My face gets pretty dry during winter and during summer months because I tan so much. I use it at night and in the morning as well. It has never once made me breakout. It feels light weight going on and absorbs super fast. It feels very cool and refreshing on your face. I absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my second package of this. I love the consistency and how it feels cooling on the skin. I have dry skin and it's not particularly moisturizer, but it feel so nice on the skin and makes for a nice base for makeup. Totally would re-purchase this.