Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 8/15/2011 9:48:00 PM

i was really excited to try this product! i have combination skin but at the time i bought this my skine was really oil with a couple dry patches. this gel has an intense grape smell that lingers, and if ur skin is tight or you have any acne, it stings a little. after using this my face didnt feel moisturized at all.. it felt slick, an a bit sticky as if i smashed grapes on my face. i also found that this is what caused me to break out.... everywhere. never repurchasing this again.

on 8/13/2011 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After hearing the great reviews about this product, I decided to give it a try since it was on sale at Target for like $5 (cheap). This product comes in a glass jar which isn't sanitary but I rarely apply lotion to my face with dirty hands so it doesn't matter to me. The price is pretty good when it's on sale for what it's worth but if it is not on sale, I think it's a rip-off. The reason I say that is because I looked at the ingredients (I always do because of my sensitive skin) and it lists "denatured/ denat alcohol" as the 3rd ingredient?! Are you serious?? Denatured alcohol!! I know they tend to put denat alcohol in toners which I don't understand because 1 it's alcohol, 2 alcohol can't be good for your skin in any way and 3 it breaks down collagen and promotes free radical damage, according to Paula (the cosmetic cop). I don't get it. With that being said, I did try it out anyway and I'm going to be honest. It did leave my skin soft and smooth, has a cool feeling when applied and it is not too greasy for the summer weather. And it did not break me out which is always a plus. All in all, I would not repurchase only because of the strange ingredient. However, if you don't mind/not anal about ingredients, then it does a good job of keeping the skin moist.

This doesnt moisturize at all. It makes my skin even oilier then it was originally and I have to use so much.

I read the dazzling reviews on this and really, really wanted it to work for me. However... it just doesn't. I won't denounce the product because I think it's just a matter of how it interacts with MY skin. I don't know if it's the high denatured alcohol content or what... but this stuff broke me out TERRIBLY! My skin usually plays well with gel moisturizers. I previously used Alba's aloe & green tea moisturizer with fabulous results - it was just a little too expensive for my broke college kid budget. So I made the switch to this, and after the awful, painful, cystic breakout and outrageous redness this has given me I have a feeling I'll be switching right back. I'm actually really upset this doesn't work for me.

I've given it a fair chance. I thought maybe this was just my skin adjusting to it, but it has progressively worsened the longer I've kept using it. I have to stop now. The smell is wonderful and fresh, kind of like apples or grapes. It's cool, smooth, light and definitely refreshing on the skin. The packaging... I'm in love! Unfortunately for me, though, it breaks me out miserably and after a short time wearing it, I turn into a big, shiny grease slick. Siiiigh.

on 8/4/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Gave this a try because my skin is sensitive to SPF, so I prefer moisturizers without them, and because it's been such a hot, humid summer that I thought a gel-cream might be a suitable product. Got it on sale at Target, with a coupon, so the price really couldn't be beat.

Smell is interesting - much less fruity than most Garnier, it reminds me of hair product; given the texture of this, it sometimes makes me do a double-take to make sure I'm not actually applying hair gel to my face.

Unfortunately, this is not moisturizing enough for my dry (even in summer) skin. It does feel refreshing going on, and absorbs well, forming a nice base for makeup. However, it also has a bit of a tight feeling, and ultimately my makeup flakes off because the underlying skin is dry.

As a sidenote, my husband (with very average, not dry but not oily skin) uses it occasionally and seems to like it, so considering how cheap it is, it might be worth a try if you don't have dry, dry skin like I do.

on 8/3/2011 10:16:00 PM

I got this on sale at Target with a coupon, so first of all, you can't beat the price. It's a great moisturizer, but I think I'm going to have to use it at night because it takes a while to absorb. It also smells vaguely of alcohol, but it doesn't have the drying effects of alcohol. I've finally found a Garnier product that works!

I really like this product! It moisturizes my skin so well and it doesnt feel greasy or sticky. I don't really like the packaging, i would prefer a pump or squeeze tube but i can live with it. I also think is the smell is really nice too. Overall i would totally buy again!

i really like this stuff! first of all, it's summer, and my dry skin isn't nearly as bad as winter, so it's probably just a summer product for me. and i do need to supplement it sometimes, especially if i've done a facial mask that night. but it's very light and refreshing, has a pleasant scent and doesn't feel sticky afterwards...it also smells good. would repurchase. i'm not blown away, but i do quite like it.

on 7/18/2011 2:27:00 PM

I bought this product after hearing and reading about how great it is. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. I have dry skin and random dry patches on my face. It's supposed to moisturize my face, but it did absolutely nothing. In fact, it made my skin feel tight and dry. The smell was decent and the packaging is nice, but the fact that it does absolutely nothing for my dry skin convinces me to never buy this product again. I'm not sure if this will work better for oily skin, but it makes my dry skin drier than it should be. Now it's just sitting in my cabinet.

on 7/16/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I went looking for this product and found it at CVS. For a drugstore product, it worked good for my skin during the winter months. I liked the gel consistency. There is a slight fragrance that to me is not too overpowering. I used this moisterizer under a facial primer and makeup. I have combination skin so this product did not leave my face looking greasy or dry.