September 1, 2014 | 1575 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Maiamaia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product! I am using Light Ivory 144. It has just the right amount of yellow to cover my rosacea. The pump dispenser is great for not wasting product or exposing it to air and bacteria. I will continue to purchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Westernnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like that this comes in a pump but this just didn't have the lasting power I need. Coverage was medium but after a couple of hours it was gone!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation! It gives me great coverage without looking caked on. The finish isn't too matte but also not too dewy. You MUST exfoliate before using because any flakiness shows up. Also, one pump is enough to do your whole face. A little goes a long way so be careful- you can't open the bottle to put it back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never thought a drugstore foundation would rival my Chanel foundations, but this does. I love everything about it, from the feel, coverage, finish, pump bottle (very similar to Lancome's) and especially the price, just under $15 when not on sale.

I wasn't shopping for foundation but when I noticed L'Oreal's Tru Match foundations come in Neutral (as I am) shades as well as Cool and Warm, I used the clever shade finder just for fun and came up with Buff Beige. I'll need a lighter shade in winter but bought that shade in this Visible Lift Serum Makeup after reading the great reviews here. It looked too dark in the bottle and when I pumped some onto the back of my hand, but when I applied it to my face it was just right.

I can't believe how good this is for the price. My thanks to the earlier reviewers and I encourage anyone looking for this type of foundation to give it a try. Drugstores will take returns with a receipt.

EDIT: I was curious about the active ingredients and checked L'Oreal's website. It says there are 5 and lists them in this order: Hyaluronic Acid, Pro-Retinol A (R), Pro-Xyland (RT), Pro-Lastyl and Vitamin C.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by spiral770

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read all the great reviews on this product, and since I'm always in search of a great drugstore foundation, I decided to try it out.

I got Light Ivory, which was way too yellow for my tone, and Nude Beige which was a near perfect match. I thought the color selection could be better, but it's not the most limited I've seen. I normally use Revlon Colorstay but hate how it doesn't have a pump, so I love the fact that this L'Oreal product has a pump - very convenient and less messy. For a DS foundation, I think it's pretty pricey. I paid $14.99 at CVS.

Overall, it's better than average but hasn't wowed me nor convinced me to stray from Revlon's CS. I found it to have light (but buildable) coverage. It seems to good staying power. However I'm not convinced yet its price is worth what semi-lackluster work it does. I will use it when I don't need a perfectly flawless face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

I can see why this new product was almost sold out from the display at CVS within a week.

It is fairly thick and dries fast so you need to blend on small sections of your face at a time. The finish is not particularly matte like one would think, considering how thick it seems going on. I praise L'Oreal for having a decent selection of light shades that are not too pink. I chose Light Ivory for my NC20 skin. It is very neutral but with a slight yellow tone. It turns very slightly darker on my skin but that actually helps it match my neck better. The SPF17 is welcome and it has not made my acne worse.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I purchased this foundation two days ago. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect foundation. Although this is a great DS find, I don't think it will be my HG but I will continue to use and purchase. Goes on smooth and has a nice medium coverage. No weird fragrance and I like the pump bottle. I found that this is easy to blend and the "natural beige" was a pretty good color match for my NC 30 skin. Has a nice glow to it without looking oily or overly matte which is nice. Seems to work well with my normal-dry skin. I will keep an eye out over the next couple days though since many foundations tend to break me out.

UPDATE: So, after trying a blend of MAC F&B and studio fix fluid, I think that is a better choice for me. This one went back to CVS. I still think its a great DS product-- but I found that it made me look a bit "ashy" and also experienced some very minor breakouts. I tried layering my Lancome Dual finish powder and that was too heavy... then I tried MAC's prep and prime powder, which gave a better finish but appeared a bick chalky. I think it is the more luminous finish that I am not used to. I prefer matte or dewy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

easy for me to find a perfect color match-i'm pale with cool undertones. i need to exfoliate regularly and use a light hand with this-the first day i used it all over, it looked very obvious on my nose and cheeks and any dry areas. i like to let my skin show through, so i mainly use this on my forehead and to spot-cover blemishes-it works so much better than concealer for this! i also use it under my eyes. so, i use it more like a concealer, and i really like it for that.

i haven't been using it long enough to notice any changes in my skin tone, but my skin is even already, so i didn't buy it for that.
it also doesn't break me out-very important.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this in 149 Buff Beige and I really like it, it gives good coverage I am not a lover of liquid foundations but for some reason they seem to last all day but I need to use it more often. So i will keep using it and then if there is anything i dont like i will let you know.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First, I would like to stand up and applaud L'Oreal for making three different shades of Ivory available. I'm so tired of all the make-up for us super pale ladies being pink based! Yes, I am pale. But I am WARM complected. I'm so glad one drugstore brand realizes that. I chose the Light Ivory and it was a perfect match for my skin tone. Believe me, that is some feat.

This is nice make-up, but I applied it too heavily. I've been using mineral make-up pretty much exclusively for the last five years. But, at 41, I'm afraid my aging skin needs something a little more forgiving. I love, love, love the MMU, for my super oily skin, but it does tend to accentuate every fine line and wrinkle. The point is, I've sort of lost the knack of applying liquid make-up and I really overdid it. So, the fact that this makeup looks very heavy is due to my own inept application.

Word to the wise: Use a light hand! You can get great coverage with just a very small amount of product. But, if you happen to like Geisha face, you can achieve that with this product too, so it's very versatile in terms of coverage. That's a nice bonus.

That said...even though I have on too much, it has still performed amazingly well. It has actually stood up to my oily skin. Did I have to blot? Yes. I always do. There is nothing that can keep my skin completely matte. If there was, it would cost a million dollars plus the firstborn child. But I am very impressed that it didn't turn into a gloopy gloppy mess and slide right off my face in this 95 degree Georgia heat and humidity. I've had it on for about 6 hours now, and it still looks pretty fresh; there is no seperation, no collecting in the creases beside my nose, no oxidation, no sinking into pores and fine lines and no oil slick.

The finish is not entirely matte, but not exactly "dewy" either. It's actually very...skin like. Wow, imagine that! It's exactly what I was looking for. It's really hard to find a make-up that will stand up to oily skin but still provides a natural, believable looking finish, so I'm very pleased with that.

Packing isn't normally a big issue for me unless it's extremely good or extremely bad. But I do like the pump dispenser.

I would like to give this a few more days before I say it's super awesome HG status. So for now I'll just say....it's pretty damn good.

33 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No