April 18, 2014 | 1442 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

I can see why this new product was almost sold out from the display at CVS within a week.

It is fairly thick and dries fast so you need to blend on small sections of your face at a time. The finish is not particularly matte like one would think, considering how thick it seems going on. I praise L'Oreal for having a decent selection of light shades that are not too pink. I chose Light Ivory for my NC20 skin. It is very neutral but with a slight yellow tone. It turns very slightly darker on my skin but that actually helps it match my neck better. The SPF17 is welcome and it has not made my acne worse.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I purchased this foundation two days ago. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect foundation. Although this is a great DS find, I don't think it will be my HG but I will continue to use and purchase. Goes on smooth and has a nice medium coverage. No weird fragrance and I like the pump bottle. I found that this is easy to blend and the "natural beige" was a pretty good color match for my NC 30 skin. Has a nice glow to it without looking oily or overly matte which is nice. Seems to work well with my normal-dry skin. I will keep an eye out over the next couple days though since many foundations tend to break me out.

UPDATE: So, after trying a blend of MAC F&B and studio fix fluid, I think that is a better choice for me. This one went back to CVS. I still think its a great DS product-- but I found that it made me look a bit "ashy" and also experienced some very minor breakouts. I tried layering my Lancome Dual finish powder and that was too heavy... then I tried MAC's prep and prime powder, which gave a better finish but appeared a bick chalky. I think it is the more luminous finish that I am not used to. I prefer matte or dewy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

easy for me to find a perfect color match-i'm pale with cool undertones. i need to exfoliate regularly and use a light hand with this-the first day i used it all over, it looked very obvious on my nose and cheeks and any dry areas. i like to let my skin show through, so i mainly use this on my forehead and to spot-cover blemishes-it works so much better than concealer for this! i also use it under my eyes. so, i use it more like a concealer, and i really like it for that.

i haven't been using it long enough to notice any changes in my skin tone, but my skin is even already, so i didn't buy it for that.
it also doesn't break me out-very important.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this in 149 Buff Beige and I really like it, it gives good coverage I am not a lover of liquid foundations but for some reason they seem to last all day but I need to use it more often. So i will keep using it and then if there is anything i dont like i will let you know.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First, I would like to stand up and applaud L'Oreal for making three different shades of Ivory available. I'm so tired of all the make-up for us super pale ladies being pink based! Yes, I am pale. But I am WARM complected. I'm so glad one drugstore brand realizes that. I chose the Light Ivory and it was a perfect match for my skin tone. Believe me, that is some feat.

This is nice make-up, but I applied it too heavily. I've been using mineral make-up pretty much exclusively for the last five years. But, at 41, I'm afraid my aging skin needs something a little more forgiving. I love, love, love the MMU, for my super oily skin, but it does tend to accentuate every fine line and wrinkle. The point is, I've sort of lost the knack of applying liquid make-up and I really overdid it. So, the fact that this makeup looks very heavy is due to my own inept application.

Word to the wise: Use a light hand! You can get great coverage with just a very small amount of product. But, if you happen to like Geisha face, you can achieve that with this product too, so it's very versatile in terms of coverage. That's a nice bonus.

That said...even though I have on too much, it has still performed amazingly well. It has actually stood up to my oily skin. Did I have to blot? Yes. I always do. There is nothing that can keep my skin completely matte. If there was, it would cost a million dollars plus the firstborn child. But I am very impressed that it didn't turn into a gloopy gloppy mess and slide right off my face in this 95 degree Georgia heat and humidity. I've had it on for about 6 hours now, and it still looks pretty fresh; there is no seperation, no collecting in the creases beside my nose, no oxidation, no sinking into pores and fine lines and no oil slick.

The finish is not entirely matte, but not exactly "dewy" either. It's actually very...skin like. Wow, imagine that! It's exactly what I was looking for. It's really hard to find a make-up that will stand up to oily skin but still provides a natural, believable looking finish, so I'm very pleased with that.

Packing isn't normally a big issue for me unless it's extremely good or extremely bad. But I do like the pump dispenser.

I would like to give this a few more days before I say it's super awesome HG status. So for now I'll just say....it's pretty damn good.

33 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by laneski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased Nude Beige and the color turned an orange color after applying it. It also did nothing for my complexion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by jse23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really enjoying this foundation! I bought it after hearing some good reviews, but I am a college student who doesn't need "age reversing" properties so I was curious to see how this would work. First, the color Classic Ivory matched my skin PERFECTLY. The consistency is so creamy, not too liquid-y at all. I applied with my fingers and the coverage is great! This definitely has a natural finish, not matte but a satiny-glowy natural look. It doesn't wear off with a primer and finishing powder. This is a great drugstore foundation, I hope this will become an HG!

ETA: I do like thgis foundation but it is not HG for me. It's more coevrage than I need and a little too heavy for me. But for those who need a medium coverage fndn, this would be great!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a Mac girl. Mac Nw20. I saw the ad for this and read up on the reviews. I'm at the point where I need an anti aging foundation. I took a chance on this one and purchased it at Walgreens in Creamy Natural. Perfect match for my Nw20 skin.

I love this. it is beautiful, smooth and very pretty on the skin. What I didn't see is the foundation seeping into my fine lines.

It's not overly heavy as my Studio Tech but it covers nicely. No scent to speak of.

Price was about 15 dollars which is around what I pay for Mac on my Pro discount. I purchased this foundation with a coupon and had a L'oreal BOGO so I got another product for half price.

I also love that it has a pump top.

Right now.. this is my go to foundation. I'll probably make the full switch from Mac because this suits my skin now.

I'll purchase again, for sure!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Tresor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation. I'm 40 with sensitive, combo skin. This covers well and looks natural. Not cakey, not streaky, not too sheer, not too thick, yet it covers imperfections well. I am around an NC15 and found 144, Light Ivory, to be a great match. It's a pale, yellow toned shade. I look young for my age, so instead of saying that it takes a few years off, I'll just say that it does manage to make me look refreshed. So props for that. Got this at CVS on sale and with a coupon for just under $11. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE - I'm putting this down to four lippies just because it has been separting after a few hours of wear. This is still great on my "good skin" days and I still reach for it when I want a more polished look then just a TM or Concealer but it's still not the extreme perfect liquid for me.

I'm always trying and moving on to new foundations. Nothing has ever been a HG for me. Even some of the top picks on here end up going back to the store for me. Anyway, saw the new display for this at CVS and had to try it. I'm NC20 and Nude Beige is a pretty good match. I think it covers pretty well and I love how it feels like nothing on my skin. You really only need 1 pump for your entire face. I over applied one day and it didn't look so great. Though this is not perfect for me because I am oily and after a few hours I do start to break thru, this is the first foundation in years (I'm 38) where 3 people in the last 2 weeks have said that I looked in my early 20's. I swear I'm not kidding. I take good care of myself but I haven't heard that one in years!!! I got carded out at a happy hour last night and the waiter kept looking at me then back at my ID and said he couldn't believe I was my age. Could be coincidence (or he wanted a good tip) but for that I'm giving this product 5 lippies.

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No