L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

3.9

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 1.0%, Titanium dioxide 6.7%), Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Alumina, Polyethylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Acetyl Trifluoromethylphenyl Valylglycine, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polycaprolactone, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 9/15/2010 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not "about" an NW20, I am an NW20. My color is Nude Beige. I guess I'm not the best reviewer of this product, as I don't like much coverage in a foundation. This one is pretty thick and at least medium in my opinion. It will cover lots of flaws. It's too much for my liking and I've returned mine, but if you need coverage, give this one a test drive. One pump was more than enough for my face, as I saw when I removed it tonight. Actually I really love Dream Smooth Mousse by Maybelline. It's easier to get a sheer, pretty coverage. This one looks like makeup on, IMHO.

on 9/13/2010 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I purchased this because L'Oreal was smart enough to put a blister card in a number of magazines with ALL the colors of the line on it that your could try and a $2 coupon on the back. I picked up a bottle in the lightest shade #143. I have been using it for two weeks, alternating it with Estee Lauder's Double Wear. This foundation is comparable, if not a bit better, than the Double Wear. It is long lasting, has a good, buildable coverage and does not seem to aggravate my skin. The color is a good match. I like that it's a pump bottle so you don't waste the product. It does dry quickly, so you do need to work fast with it.
It is a bit pricey, but usually L'Oreal always has coupons and if you can find a BOGO or BO get one 1/2 off, and a coupon, you probably can get them at a fairly good price. I don't worry about flaking as I have recently purchased a Clarisonic and it has done wonders (another review on that later). Available just about any drugstore, Wal-Mart,etc/

on 9/12/2010 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I have very oily skin and I don't usually buy anti aging foundations because they are all usually very thick and creamy. I saw this one on sale for $12.99 so I took a chance. I like the bottle and the pump, so I figured the formula couldn't be that thick. I like that it has vitamin C, Retinol, and spf in the formula. Since I'm oily, I don't use any moisturizer when I wear this foundation. Just wash my face and use toner and then apply this. I love it! The formula is creamy but not heavy. The coverage is medium (I apply a little bit at a time), but buildable to full coverage if you need it. I set this with powder and it lasts all day on me. The finish is beautiful. Like others said, you have to make sure the skin is smooth, because it does pick up any flakiness. The color match was a bit tricky, I have light/med skin and went for 151 Natural Beige since I have golden undertones. Overall very nice!

on 9/11/2010 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation! It makes my skin look better than any other I've used in 35 years of wearing makeup.

UPDATE: I wonder what happened to it, because I can't find it in my large foundation collection. Seems others I bought performed better after I left this review. May have to search for it and discover again why I liked it.

on 9/11/2010 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am 41 with acne prone combination skin. I am light with yellow undertones and had a hard time finding the right shade. That being said Nr. 144 came close although it's a bit too light. The bottle looks darker than what the makeup inside is. Overall i love this makeup! It reminds me very much of the old L'oreal Mattique makeup which was discontinued ages ago! This makeup is SO much like that and i loved Mattique. I put it on at 9 AM. Be sure to exfoliate because this makeup WILL accentuate flakes. It is very liquidy, very runny and very thin. When you put it on, work it in fast because it dries fast. Medium coverage. After living with it for an entire day in 95 degree humid Florida weather, it performed very well. Seems as the day goes on, this makeup gets better and better on your face. It blended in with my skin so well that it just looks like skin, not makeup. It kept my oil away which is a miracle. Also, i currently have 4 pimples. Covered them beautifully and you can barely see the bumps. I did put on Maybelline Age Reversing Powder on top and that combination made it look even better. Overall, i love this makeup. Didn't dry me out, i feel like i have nothing on, it looks flawless and erases pores. I've gotten appreciative looks all day from people and i've checked myself in the mirror a lot just to make sure. Love it. It's expensive though. $14.99? Come on. It's drugstore makeup L'Oreal not Neiman Marcus counter. Other than that little complaint, i have nothing but positive to say about this. L'Oreal please don't discontinue this like you did Mattique. PLEASE!
UPDATE! It's still good but i have a hard time finding the right shade. the one i've been using is tooooo pale. Come on Maybelline... better shades please!
UPDATE! Ok i had to give this up because of the shade. Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour Foundation has the perfectly matching shade for me and it performs just as well if not better. So I'm going back to my Maybelline again. Sorry L'oreal but you lost a customer because you couldnt' give us enough shades to match our skin. And i'm a white woman by the way.. it shouldn't be this hard to match my skin. Fair with slight yellow undertones. Your loss L'oreal!

on 9/10/2010 1:14:00 PM

I just bought this yesterday and already LOVE it!! I have oily skin....still at 68 years old....and have always had to use a finishing powder on my foundation. Sometimes it tends to look caked or can be drying. I've always wondered if there was something....something....out there that I could put on without the powder. This one is it so far. I put it on yesterday and this morning and NO powder was needed. It dries to a matte finish and doesn't look shiny later. I also didn't have to take it back and try different colors....it was right the first time. I guess I will see how it works when it's really hot outside....we've had cooler weather the last couple of days. I may have to update this...but so far, so great. It was on sale at buy one, get one half off...so I'm glad I have two. This will be "the one" unless something happens to change my mind. I'm loving it.

on 9/9/2010 8:11:00 PM

Since the demise of Maybelline's Age Rewind cream foundation, this is my new favorite. I know no makeup/skincare will lift anything, but based on the ease of delivery, smooth coverage, lack of fragrance and pump container, this rises above all my other bottles of foundation in my cabinet. It would have gotten 5 lippies if more shades of color were available.

on 9/8/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This formula is a huge improvement over the old Visible Lift. I loved that foundation, too. Being so impressed with this one comes as a surprise to me. =)
This is so smooth and even with perfect coverage. The pump bottle = amazing. The shade seems perfect too! It evens out all of the redness I have on my face and has a natural, matte finish. I also expected the "age reversing" claim to be bogus, but I was wrong. I had a really noticeable, irritating smile line that was so obvious and makeup would set into it instantly. It gradually got worse from my acne products, I think. It looked horrible. After using this foundation for a week or so, it's gone. I know it's because of this makeup and I'm so happy about it. Will repurchase forever!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

PROS
-Good coverage [medium to full]
-Doesn't break me out
-Has a pump!
-Matches my Skin tone
CONS
-Doesn't control my oil

Recommendation: I'd check it out if you have dry/normal skin and need medium to full coverage.

on 8/30/2010 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

so, i bought this because i thought it would fade my acne marks (since its supposed to treat age spots) but i dont even care if it does (i havnt seen any major difference btw after a week) because this foundation is by far the best ive tried!!! feels super smooth/clean putting on, has a satin finish that feels matte but doesnt look chalky nor too dewy, and is light-med coverage which is perfect for everyday. i love that it has spf, it lasts me through my 10 hour shift, and i only need to touch up thats a plus.