September 22, 2014 | 1225 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by lovelycristi

I love this product. I use this everyday! i've had this product about 4 months. I am definitely going to repurchase. It happens to be my exact skin color (nude beige) and it makes my skin look fabulous and doesn't settle into my pores (which i normally have a problem with). It has great coverage and I hardly ever wear concealer.

UPDATE: I am still using this product. I have actually used it all up and am going to buy a new bottle tonight. I have tried almost every drugstore foundation and this is just simply the best. I am only 19 but it makes my oily acne prone skin look flawless. it just glides across my skin. My Grandmother originally bought this and gave it to me and i was hesitant to use it because i am only 19 but so what it makes my skin look so much healthier. and i have never broken out using this!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by blueflamingo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm happy to see reviews for this product from the age group it's targeted to. It always makes me laugh to see teenagers reviewing and hating products geared to us more mature ladies :)

Although the packaging is great (except top does not screw off), I find the shade selection rather limited and too pink in general. Of the four ivory shades, three were pink based. I ended up needing a mixture of light ivory (144) and nude beige (146) to mimic the usual sand beige I use for my very neutral, fair complexion. Although I'm used to long last foundations (Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline Super Stay), I found this difficult to spread quickly enough. Coverage is decent but make sure to exfoliate as it shows every flake of skin. Where it won for me was when I looked in my rearview mirror in the car. What I saw was glowing skin from the very small luminizing particles in the foundation. Enough to make me work with this a little more. Even though I said I would buy again, I'll be on the fence until I've worn this more. It did not make my mature, oily skin oilier, and seemed to wear well in a hot, humid Florida summer day.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by LucyFaye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think the texture and finish of this foundation are quite unusual for the price point and it reminds me of Chanel and Dior foundations. Itís definitely worth checking out if you want a soft-focus, slightly glowy finish. I have oily skin and am acne-prone so Iím a bit wary of some of the ingredients but I havenít had any problems with it after about 3 weeks of wearing it most days. Itís a really flattering finish with buildable coverage and I think it has a brightening effect. Most of the days Iíve worn it have been over sun block and Iíve sometimes had to layer more sun block and powder over it during the day. I canít say that I look perfectly fresh at the end of a long day in the heat with multiple layers of sun block and powder over this but I do still have coverage at the end of the day and it doesnít migrate or settle in lines.

This foundation is easy to work with and blend. Iíve applied it with my fingers and with a synthetic brush. It doesnít dry too quickly so I have time to spread it out and it doesnít require buffing. The pump is great!

The shade I have is 143 Soft Ivory which is the lightest one. It has a definite pink undertone. When I first swatched it on my hand, I thought it looked too dark and too pink but Iíve found itís one of those odd formulations that actually looks lighter when itís spread out and some of the pinkness turns in to brighteners somehow. I often have problems with makeup oxidizing darker and warmer on my skin but this is stable once itís blended. It really seems like an advanced formula.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Maiamaia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product! I am using Light Ivory 144. It has just the right amount of yellow to cover my rosacea. The pump dispenser is great for not wasting product or exposing it to air and bacteria. I will continue to purchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Westernnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like that this comes in a pump but this just didn't have the lasting power I need. Coverage was medium but after a couple of hours it was gone!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation! It gives me great coverage without looking caked on. The finish isn't too matte but also not too dewy. You MUST exfoliate before using because any flakiness shows up. Also, one pump is enough to do your whole face. A little goes a long way so be careful- you can't open the bottle to put it back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never thought a drugstore foundation would rival my Chanel foundations, but this does. I love everything about it, from the feel, coverage, finish, pump bottle (very similar to Lancome's) and especially the price, just under $15 when not on sale.

I wasn't shopping for foundation but when I noticed L'Oreal's Tru Match foundations come in Neutral (as I am) shades as well as Cool and Warm, I used the clever shade finder just for fun and came up with Buff Beige. I'll need a lighter shade in winter but bought that shade in this Visible Lift Serum Makeup after reading the great reviews here. It looked too dark in the bottle and when I pumped some onto the back of my hand, but when I applied it to my face it was just right.

I can't believe how good this is for the price. My thanks to the earlier reviewers and I encourage anyone looking for this type of foundation to give it a try. Drugstores will take returns with a receipt.

EDIT: I was curious about the active ingredients and checked L'Oreal's website. It says there are 5 and lists them in this order: Hyaluronic Acid, Pro-Retinol A (R), Pro-Xyland (RT), Pro-Lastyl and Vitamin C.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by spiral770

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read all the great reviews on this product, and since I'm always in search of a great drugstore foundation, I decided to try it out.

I got Light Ivory, which was way too yellow for my tone, and Nude Beige which was a near perfect match. I thought the color selection could be better, but it's not the most limited I've seen. I normally use Revlon Colorstay but hate how it doesn't have a pump, so I love the fact that this L'Oreal product has a pump - very convenient and less messy. For a DS foundation, I think it's pretty pricey. I paid $14.99 at CVS.

Overall, it's better than average but hasn't wowed me nor convinced me to stray from Revlon's CS. I found it to have light (but buildable) coverage. It seems to good staying power. However I'm not convinced yet its price is worth what semi-lackluster work it does. I will use it when I don't need a perfectly flawless face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

I can see why this new product was almost sold out from the display at CVS within a week.

It is fairly thick and dries fast so you need to blend on small sections of your face at a time. The finish is not particularly matte like one would think, considering how thick it seems going on. I praise L'Oreal for having a decent selection of light shades that are not too pink. I chose Light Ivory for my NC20 skin. It is very neutral but with a slight yellow tone. It turns very slightly darker on my skin but that actually helps it match my neck better. The SPF17 is welcome and it has not made my acne worse.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I purchased this foundation two days ago. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect foundation. Although this is a great DS find, I don't think it will be my HG but I will continue to use and purchase. Goes on smooth and has a nice medium coverage. No weird fragrance and I like the pump bottle. I found that this is easy to blend and the "natural beige" was a pretty good color match for my NC 30 skin. Has a nice glow to it without looking oily or overly matte which is nice. Seems to work well with my normal-dry skin. I will keep an eye out over the next couple days though since many foundations tend to break me out.

UPDATE: So, after trying a blend of MAC F&B and studio fix fluid, I think that is a better choice for me. This one went back to CVS. I still think its a great DS product-- but I found that it made me look a bit "ashy" and also experienced some very minor breakouts. I tried layering my Lancome Dual finish powder and that was too heavy... then I tried MAC's prep and prime powder, which gave a better finish but appeared a bick chalky. I think it is the more luminous finish that I am not used to. I prefer matte or dewy.