November 28, 2014 | 1878 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by godfreygirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought this yesterday and already LOVE it!! I have oily skin....still at 68 years old....and have always had to use a finishing powder on my foundation. Sometimes it tends to look caked or can be drying. I've always wondered if there was something....something....out there that I could put on without the powder. This one is it so far. I put it on yesterday and this morning and NO powder was needed. It dries to a matte finish and doesn't look shiny later. I also didn't have to take it back and try different colors....it was right the first time. I guess I will see how it works when it's really hot outside....we've had cooler weather the last couple of days. I may have to update this...but so far, so great. It was on sale at buy one, get one half off...so I'm glad I have two. This will be "the one" unless something happens to change my mind. I'm loving it.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since the demise of Maybelline's Age Rewind cream foundation, this is my new favorite. I know no makeup/skincare will lift anything, but based on the ease of delivery, smooth coverage, lack of fragrance and pump container, this rises above all my other bottles of foundation in my cabinet. It would have gotten 5 lippies if more shades of color were available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by emgb

This formula is a huge improvement over the old Visible Lift. I loved that foundation, too. Being so impressed with this one comes as a surprise to me. =)
This is so smooth and even with perfect coverage. The pump bottle = amazing. The shade seems perfect too! It evens out all of the redness I have on my face and has a natural, matte finish. I also expected the "age reversing" claim to be bogus, but I was wrong. I had a really noticeable, irritating smile line that was so obvious and makeup would set into it instantly. It gradually got worse from my acne products, I think. It looked horrible. After using this foundation for a week or so, it's gone. I know it's because of this makeup and I'm so happy about it. Will repurchase forever!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByMaggie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

PROS
-Good coverage [medium to full]
-Doesn't break me out
-Has a pump!
-Matches my Skin tone
CONS
-Doesn't control my oil

Recommendation: I'd check it out if you have dry/normal skin and need medium to full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by applebomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

so, i bought this because i thought it would fade my acne marks (since its supposed to treat age spots) but i dont even care if it does (i havnt seen any major difference btw after a week) because this foundation is by far the best ive tried!!! feels super smooth/clean putting on, has a satin finish that feels matte but doesnt look chalky nor too dewy, and is light-med coverage which is perfect for everyday. i love that it has spf, it lasts me through my 10 hour shift, and i only need to touch up thats a plus.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by lovelycristi

I love this product. I use this everyday! i've had this product about 4 months. I am definitely going to repurchase. It happens to be my exact skin color (nude beige) and it makes my skin look fabulous and doesn't settle into my pores (which i normally have a problem with). It has great coverage and I hardly ever wear concealer.

UPDATE: I am still using this product. I have actually used it all up and am going to buy a new bottle tonight. I have tried almost every drugstore foundation and this is just simply the best. I am only 19 but it makes my oily acne prone skin look flawless. it just glides across my skin. My Grandmother originally bought this and gave it to me and i was hesitant to use it because i am only 19 but so what it makes my skin look so much healthier. and i have never broken out using this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by blueflamingo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm happy to see reviews for this product from the age group it's targeted to. It always makes me laugh to see teenagers reviewing and hating products geared to us more mature ladies :)

Although the packaging is great (except top does not screw off), I find the shade selection rather limited and too pink in general. Of the four ivory shades, three were pink based. I ended up needing a mixture of light ivory (144) and nude beige (146) to mimic the usual sand beige I use for my very neutral, fair complexion. Although I'm used to long last foundations (Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline Super Stay), I found this difficult to spread quickly enough. Coverage is decent but make sure to exfoliate as it shows every flake of skin. Where it won for me was when I looked in my rearview mirror in the car. What I saw was glowing skin from the very small luminizing particles in the foundation. Enough to make me work with this a little more. Even though I said I would buy again, I'll be on the fence until I've worn this more. It did not make my mature, oily skin oilier, and seemed to wear well in a hot, humid Florida summer day.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by LucyFaye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think the texture and finish of this foundation are quite unusual for the price point and it reminds me of Chanel and Dior foundations. Itís definitely worth checking out if you want a soft-focus, slightly glowy finish. I have oily skin and am acne-prone so Iím a bit wary of some of the ingredients but I havenít had any problems with it after about 3 weeks of wearing it most days. Itís a really flattering finish with buildable coverage and I think it has a brightening effect. Most of the days Iíve worn it have been over sun block and Iíve sometimes had to layer more sun block and powder over it during the day. I canít say that I look perfectly fresh at the end of a long day in the heat with multiple layers of sun block and powder over this but I do still have coverage at the end of the day and it doesnít migrate or settle in lines.

This foundation is easy to work with and blend. Iíve applied it with my fingers and with a synthetic brush. It doesnít dry too quickly so I have time to spread it out and it doesnít require buffing. The pump is great!

The shade I have is 143 Soft Ivory which is the lightest one. It has a definite pink undertone. When I first swatched it on my hand, I thought it looked too dark and too pink but Iíve found itís one of those odd formulations that actually looks lighter when itís spread out and some of the pinkness turns in to brighteners somehow. I often have problems with makeup oxidizing darker and warmer on my skin but this is stable once itís blended. It really seems like an advanced formula.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Maiamaia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product! I am using Light Ivory 144. It has just the right amount of yellow to cover my rosacea. The pump dispenser is great for not wasting product or exposing it to air and bacteria. I will continue to purchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Westernnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like that this comes in a pump but this just didn't have the lasting power I need. Coverage was medium but after a couple of hours it was gone!