October 20, 2014 | 1123 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by KatCaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff. I'm the kind of girl who doesn't really *need* makeup (I've been blessed with decent skin - usually!) but I love to collect and buy it anyway. This product impresses me. The packaging for the spray is something a normal person can open and use, unlike the UDPP (which I love anyway), and I like how the light mist feels going on. It feels strange at first, but once it sets, you can move you face and touch it and everything and it feels normal again.

On this particular morning I used Laura Mercier's foundation primer, some Urban Decay primer potion for the eyelids, bareMinerals powder foundation, UD 24/7 eyeliner and Stardust shadow, MUFE Aqua Smokey Lash mascara, filled my eyebrows in with a UD smoke-out pencil in a light brown (the only thing the smoke-outs are any good for, IMHO), Benefit Highbeam for highlighting and Benetint on my cheeks (usually disappears really quickly on me, so I wanted to try it out), some Dior powder for contouring, and some Lancome lipstick. Then, I did as I usually do and lightly dusted setting powder all over.

Yeah, I went wild and out lol. I wanted to see how it would do with just about everything in a small arsenal haha. I let it set for a few minutes.

It's now 90 degrees F, and I asked my husband (who is a crazy enabler when it comes to my MU obsession lol, whatever makes me happy I guess, for him it's electronics) if he could tell what was different about my makeup with a spray (he didn't even know what it was for) and he said I didn't look shiny at all. I checked, and he was right. The Highbeam was still sort of dewy, and my powder looked MUCH more natural, but I wasn't oily-looking at all.

It's kind of fascinating, with primer potion underneath, I can usually touch my eyelid and shadow will come off - nothing comes off at all right now. Also, my lipstick usually takes about 5 minutes to disappear or look funky, and it's stayed the same for the last few hours (I'm drinking coffee as I write this.)

So, overall, for a few days test drive, it's doing really well, just as it's supposed to do. It keeps my makeup on, makes my powder look more natural, and makes me less shiny.

No complaints here, obviously. If it ends up breaking me out or anything, I'll update, of course. It's hard to judge completely, because most of my eye makeup is meant to be crazy long-lasting on it's own, but the lipstick and Benetint staying on is impressive for my skin, personally.

I'm definitely going to bring this to Taiwan when we go next year to visit the DH's family. It's so humid and hot there most of the time, so I'll be very glad to have this, but I'm still taking oil blotting papers haha.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by rokiyah1234

omg i was so hoping that this product would work out for me but it was just ok yeah nothing special but this product kept my makeup looking fresh for a sec then i just had to keep on spraying it and that a no no when it comes down to setting sprays and what not but i still had to do touch ups here and there so yeah still searching for that one amazing spray....smh

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by AnselmReyle

I balked at the price of this setting spray and the amount of product per use, $29 and three sprays a day. It just wasn't adding up and I needed to test it myself. Luckily Sephora sells a "to go" size, still pricey but good if I loathed it. I'm combination, very oily t-zone, very dry cheeks, and I had heard that it wasn't worth it for people with "normal" or non-oily skin. I decided to put it through a rougher than average test: Lawn mowing on a 98 degree day. It performed much better than I was expecting.

1) It stung my eyes when my sweat got into them more than it would with just makeup.

2) I deliberately chose heavy eyeliner and dark cream shadows because they have a lot of melt potential. It's really obvious that I'm not wearing eye makeup anymore but it did NOT get all raccoon-y and melt under my eyes like it usually does, it just disappeared/faded... or something. Not even my mascara ran.

3) My chin's foundation definitely sheered out but was still partially there

4) My cheeks were still covered perfectly but they looked a little streaky near the hairline, it was still much better than I was expecting.

5) My lip color shifted downward slightly...I wish I could take a picture of this, because it basically looks like my lips just moved down my face a few millimeters

6) When I initially sprayed it on, the All Nighter made me feel like my makeup was sitting on top of my skin, which isn't a sensation I really liked, but that faded quickly

Basically, it performed decently. Given the over the top test I decided to test it again with a more realistic day's face. Today was a little cooler, averaging 93 but the humidity was higher. And to make a long story short, it was incredible.

1) I experienced no acne or other skin problems from using the spray. My skin usually reacts quickly, overnight is plenty of time to ruin my complexion if I used a bad product. There were no issues.

2) Again there was no raccoon eyes or under-eye melt and without pouring sweat it didn't even fade this time.

3) My lipstick didn't slide down my face this time, but it did fade and dull. I didn't really expect anything else, though.

4) My cheek scars stayed perfectly camouflaged but swiping at a bead of sweat did smudge the makeup off my chin because it was much more oily to begin with.

Final Review: I'm going to pick up a full size bottle. It will NOT be an every day thing due to the price but when the temperature creeps over 90 and the humidity creeps over 70 I'm glad this will be in my arsenal

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Scubanikki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This REALLY makes my make-up stay where I put it. Just 2 sprays and it looks perfect all day long!
The problem for me is that this spray causes horrible breakouts. The day after I used it for the first time, I woke up with 2 enormous red bumps. I promptly gave them the excuse of hormones (even though the timing was a bit off) and used it again. My skin isn't very senstive and doesn't usually break out from the products I use, but this was an exception.
I'm so disappointed because I thought I finally found the way to keep my make-up looking good in the hot Vegas weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have less than a third of my bottle left so I think it is time for me to review this. I have oily skin and live in a dry desert. This product has a dual purpose for me: making my skin not look so powdery; sometimes I put too much powder on, and this makes it look like normal skin again, a satin finish.The second purpose it for setting my entire makeup look, so shininess does not ruin it. This does both excellently. My friend always comments on how my makeup doesn't smudge. I cannot say how well this works in humidity but it works great in an air-conditioned environment and also outside when it is over 100 degrees. I do still have to blot in the early afternoon but my face is not nearly as shiny as it would have been otherwise. I would definitely purchase this again but may try the De-Slick Oil Control since it is formulated for oily skinned girls, and also for a more matte finish. I kind of wish they would make the bottle more pretty though, like a giant version of their Primer Potion Genie bottle would be neat.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by carlimichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am loving this product. Where I live, right now in June it is in the 100"s for temperature. So this product has saved my makeup when i am out and about. Well into the night. So I am so excited to have this. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Urban Decay's (and Skindinavia's) makeup setting sprays are amazing. I personally prefer the De-Slick mattifying spray over this one because I have oily skin, but other than the finish, they both do the same thing. This spray gives a little bit of a dewy finish, not awfully dewy, but I prefer a matte finish, so that's why I switched. They both really lock your makeup into place and keeps your makeup on all day. I do still use my blotting sheets once or twice a day, but this keeps my makeup from rubbing off on to them. I was afraid this would leave "water mark dots" on my face, but as long as you don't hold it too close to your face when you spray it, it doesn't leave any marks. I hold this about 10 inches from my face and spray. I definitely recommend this to anyone with a normal skin type... if you're oily you should try the De-Slick instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is a winner for me, especially in the summer time. I spray 3 to 4 pumps on my face. The mist is really fine and kind of dry. I hardly feel anything on my skin, but the makeup lasts all day, no matter if it's hot, humid or both. And the best of all: it doesn't dry out my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:26:00 AM More reviews by mrswest1031

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought the small travel size of this at sephora for like $9 or $10. I wanted to try it out before buying the full size and I'm glad I did. It's not terrible, but so NOT worth the price! It's a nice lil boost to freshen up your look, but does NOT do what it claims at all. I would NOT repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually liked this. I thought about getting the matte one, "De Slick" but I decided to try this one first and see how it goes. I actually really like that it gives me the dewy finish but doesn't allow me to get oily. I'm typically an oily stick who probably should've gotten the "de slick" but next time I will.

I don't like Model In A Bottle, mac fix+, Make Up Forever, Mehron, Graftobian... but I like this one :)