December 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Alright. My beloved She-Laq by Benefit has been discontinued. Much to my chagrin, I've been searching for a replacement and have not been able to find one. All Nighter is NOT She-Laq!
Picture this please--I'm setting up the story line for you.
Our power went out yesterday evening. We decided to go to dinner, but since it was too early to eat, we walked around the Mall.
Naturally, for me, that means a stop over at Sephora. Anyway, while he found a seat outside while I hoofed the beauty beat. I noticed this "All Nighter" spray and thought that it could be what I was looking for to set my eye makeup. I asked the S.A. if this was a good sub for She-Laq. In return, I got a blank stare. So, I took it to the next level and asked if I could possibly get a sample. She very nicely complied. I asked if I could spray this on my eyes (with my eyes closed, naturally). She told me that I could. That sample went home with me in a very protective way.
Fast Forward to this morning when I applied my makeup. So..this morning I applied my makeup. I was kind of happy, too, because in anticipation of spraying All Nighter, I even applied Mascara to my bottom lashes...I used Mascara on my top lashes too rather than apply my false lashes. Oh my goodness--I must say, I looked rather fetching and pretty for a 56 year old lady!! After all my makeup was applied, and my dry-down time given, I closed my eyes, and sprayed All Nighter. I made sure I did not spray too close and gave myself some spraying distance.
HOLY S*IT!!! I thought I was blinded from the burning sensation! OMG. My eyes burned, the stuff not only got into my eyes, but all my eye make up started dripping and oozing and smearing and I looked like a cross between a racoon and a Tim Burton character. I had to reapply all my makeup and was almost late for work.
This will not be a purchase and has made me even more angry at Benefit for discontinuing a perfect product.
One lipstick only because there is no option for "0" lipsticks.
As I don't even know what the price of this is, I just gave the price 3 lipsticks.
Packaging gets two--only because the sprayer at the store worked.
Unfortunately, I will not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by betterthanmama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff works for going to work and back, but not much more. I find that it does "set" foundation somewhat but not enough to keep it from melting on a hot summer day. I also wouldn't use it every day, only on special occasions where I want my makeup to not fall apart 3 hrs later. I have oily lids and it doesn't do much to prevent make up from sliding so use a primer where you need to keep things put. I find this is more like a hair spray where you try and keep everything stuck together from the out side.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Petunia0384

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this product when my friend brought it over to my house when we were getting ready to be in a parade. It was 100 degrees outside that day, and I was amazed with how good my face looked after so much time in the heat and sun!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by olia041983

DOES NOT WORK WHAT SO EVER!!!! This product is a complete illusion just like Mac fix plus. Spraying water at the face would work better than this stuff. It makes the face look oily right after spraying it and how can something like that actually keep the makeup from melting!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I think that this does work to some extent. I bought the small bottle because I wanted to use it for my wedding. I had an outdoor wedding on a very hot day. So, I did need to do some touchups, but I believe this helped.

I tried this again recently. I took photos of my freshly applied makeup and photos about 8 hours later. I think that it does help foundation stay put. I hadn't even used face primer. My eye makeup was also pretty fresh looking (I did use UDPP). My blush was practically gone. However, to be fair, I blotted my face twice throughout the day. It was also Cover Girl blush, which never seems to last long.

Overall, I'm not sure that I will buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by honeyyummy

I bought the small 0.34 oz at Sephora to try it out. It was $10 or $11. The first time I used it I didn't really see a difference in my makeup. I was about to return it when I was reading through reviews and found a different way to apply it. The next time around I sprayed it on after I moisturize my face and again have I set my foundation with powder. I find this way actually prevents my makeup from budging. Overall I'd say it's pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by emth23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got to try this item in a swap, and didn't really think there would be somthing that would make my makeup stay. Well it does, I went out at 6pm last night got home at 1am and my makeup looked gorgeous, I really think this product works, the down side to it though...here in the UK it costs £19 and you have to use quite a few pumps for each use so if you were to use it everday it would soon run out (I am saving mine for nights out only!) Wether it works for the full 16hours it claims...I'm not too sure but it definitly made a difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by jacq1985

This product saved my life. I work in a hot, stuffy stockroom all day with no AC, and my makeup used to melt off and get that gross cakey look makeup gets when you sweat. with this, my skin has never looked better. my foundation stays put all day long (from 2:30 pm until 1 am) and my skin doesn't get greasy. I just spray 3-4 times on my face.
Update 12/11: I'm kind of concerned that this has been making me break out on my jaw line/sides of my face. The pores are just congested, no matter what I do. I don't see any other reviews that say this though, so I'm not sure what to think.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by glam21

I agree with the hype 100%. As many others for this product, I have oily skin in most areas of my face. I work in a high-heat restaurant environment and my make-up is the least of my worries. I do come in contact with people, so I don't want to look like a complete slob. My make-up was incredible after work & now I use it everyday!! It even allowed me to use some of my foundations that were lower-end because it eliminated the oil/shine factor. It reduced my oil/shine by 100%. Great product, worth the price and the hype. I only use 1-2 sprays though, instead of the recommended 2-4. It works just perfectly :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by omnomnomx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so disappointed. I was such a stupid person for not realizing there was a deslick. I'm oily and so naturally I should go for the deslick. This setting spray did NOTHING for me. I'm not sure if it broke me out or anything because I did have a breakout after using this for about a week but mother nature gave me a visit that same week so I'm not sure if it was that or whatever, but after I stopped using it I still broke out a bit so it probably wasn't that. I hope this works out in the winter much more than it does in the summer because I threw away the receipt :$