Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl jkDiisopropyl Propionamide, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glucdonolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance. hh

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had pretty low expectations for this product at first. I had never used a setting spray and I thought the claims were too good to be true. I was wrong. It's great. I love how I can wear a dewy finish foundation during summer ( I live in a very humid climate) spray this on and my makeup will last. Unlike powder this doesn't leave my face looking cakey. Great stuff!

on 3/30/2012 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this product on a whim one day- good thing it wasn't a total bust!

I have pretty oily skin and whenever i'm headed for a long night of partying, I used this spray to glue everything to my face. It helps keep my foundation on for longer, and keeps everything non-oily longer as well. However I find if I use this too often i get a couple breakouts, whether they're correlated or not...who knows!

I like this spray however and it's one of the best setting items I have found. I feel like I could definitely find better, but for now it's good enough!

on 3/29/2012 8:49:00 PM

This is good, but E.L.F makes the same thing for $3. I have used both and can't tell the difference.

on 3/25/2012 10:36:00 PM

Great! Always looking for things to prolong makeup life and this product does just that. I was nervous about spraying something on my face and doing the exact opposite, but it was light and pleasant.

on 3/24/2012 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this for my trip to Vegas because I needed something to keep my makeup last a long day and evening of partying. This kept my makeup fresh all night long! My eyeliner and eye shadow fared alright, but that could have been due to my primer, which didn't seem to work so well. :/ I'll repurchase this. It's not heavily scented and it goes on as a very light mist.

on 3/22/2012 8:55:00 PM

I absolutely love this product.

I use it daily as part of my make-up routine in the morning after I have applied powder foundation, blush, and mascara. It leaves my skin with a dew-like finish, but not shiny, and decreases the appearance of dry skin. I look as though I have not applied cover-up and have naturally flawless skin. It's wonderful.

on 3/15/2012 10:44:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff, it works like magic! If you want your makeup - specifically foundation to stay put all day you need this spray! I wear MAC prolong wear foundation to begin with which is very long lasting but just a few sprays of this and you stay flawless and matte all day. Remember to shake well before spraying. I will definitely re-purchase :)

on 3/13/2012 4:32:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I got the sample size while waiting in the checkout line at Ulta, and I've been using it just over a week. First I tried it over my makeup and really didn't notice anything. Then I decided to try it UNDER my makeup (after moisturizer) and it works great! Yes, I still have to do the occasional blot or powder touch-up, but I noticed that I'm blotting and touching up about HALF as much, and it seems like I can go a few extra hours before I feel like my makeup has had it for the day. It also seems to make my foundation (MUFE HD) go on a lot smoother. Not a miracle product, but it does make my life a little easier! I just wish that for the price, the packaging was nicer looking -especially since everything else UD puts their name on is so cute!

on 3/12/2012 5:22:00 PM

This All Nighter setting spray is marvellous for keeping my foundation looking pretty good for about 12 hours. I have a physical job, which means I can work up a sweat at times - plus I have oily skin - which constantly tests the staying power of my makeup.

I have tested this setting spray with four liquid foundations (to make my review a bit more fair); L'Oreal's True Match, Max Factor's Age Renew, Revlon's Colorstay and Yves Saint Laurent's Perfect touch.

WITH an oil-controlling moisturiser, a decent primer, foundation and powder, the setting spray did a marvellous job at keeping three out of the four foundations (All Nighter just couldn't keep L'Oreal from fading or the oil from breaking out through it) looking good for about 12hrs before it started to look a little bit patchy on my nose (but you could only tell if you looked closely).

It does break me out in little spots every time I use it, which sucks, but because it keeps your makeup looking pretty darn flawless I refuse to take a single lippie off my review because it is a fantastic product, despite this little drawback.

BEWARE ladies with oily skin (like me), this won't keep your oil at bay without a decent primer underneath your makeup. I think my next adventure is to buy and try the De-Slick setting spray for a possible oil-free day wearing makeup... Wish me luck... :D

Hugs

on 3/5/2012 6:16:00 PM

I really enjoy this setting spray. It definitely works better when I have also used a primer. However, occasionally I will spray it on w/o having used a primer and I definitely see my makeup lasting longer and less oil breakthrough than I would without it. My only complaint is the price but the quality is worth it IMO; it is supposed to be the same formula as the Skindinavia line. Lastly, I work 12+ hours with rare time for touch ups so I need my makeup to last and this definitely does the trick!

Popular Primer/ Correctors