NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 12/13/2011 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG eye primer.
I don't have oily lids, but this product is smooth, non-drying and easy to apply without tugging.

The only thing I have to complain is the applicator is terrible. The doe-foot applicator is okay until you're trying to squeeze the last bits out.

Conclusion:
Amazing non-drying, prevents oilies, does its job. Crappy applicator.

on 12/5/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily lids and this primer sets my eyeshadow all day. Until I received this in a Nars GWP I used MAC paint pots as eyeshadow primers, and while I still like them Nars eye primer doesn't alter the colour of the shadow and won't look dry like MAC paint pots can. I haven't used UD potion primer so I can't compare it with that. Would definitely recommend this product.

on 11/17/2011 8:03:00 AM

I use this every day without fail. I cannot do without it. I first got it out in one if the Make Up Your Mind kits in the mini version and was convinced it would be the only thing I wouldn't use. How wrong I was. After working out the correct amount to put on I am an addict. At first I was applying too much and experienced a little dryness/flaking of the product at the corners of my eyes. A thin layer is really all you need, I would recommend that even if you are just wearing eyeliner that you apply over most of the lid though so no pigment smudges.
It is colorless (white in the tube), fragrance free and it dries invisible.
I actually lost the full-sized one I originally purchased and went without it for a few days to see if I really needed to spend all that money again. It was awful! my shadows creased, eye liner flaked/smudged - week without it was all I could handle!
Yes I would (and already have) purchase it again because I don't appreciate my eye make-up smudging even though it's expensive. I go to the gym after work so still have full make-up on and my eye make-up is always perfect afterwards, even if I use the sauna.
I've recommended it to a couple of people who've been put off by the price but they're also converts after a couple of uses.
The one thing I will say is that this can be difficult to blend over. I mean this is good and bad as it is a literal anchor for anything you put on top which is great as everything is locked in place until you chose to take it off. However, blending will take a lot more work and decent brushes to get a good effect.
Still gets 5 stars from me though!

on 11/13/2011 5:49:00 AM

I've used UDPP and Smashbox Photofinish eye primer but nothing works quite as well and felt as good as Nars Smudgeproof. I have oily and hooded lids. Nars is the only one that doesn't crease or smudge my liner.

on 11/12/2011 5:03:00 AM

This product has rekindled my love affairs with eye makeup! For awhile now, I've had the feeling at the end of the day that I'd like to scratch my eyeballs out to relieve the irritation from makeup melting into my eyes. And that's with a very highly reviewed primer.

No more -- now I come home from work and can sit down graciously for dinner without subjecting anyone to my naked face. I can even, as happened recently, go out in the evening with the same makeup I applied in the early morning.

And that's all down to this wonderful primer -- a true HG product.

I'd only qualify my enthusiasm slightly with regard to the packaging. The applicator is fine, but it's hard to tell how much is left in the tube. And believe me, this is one product I do NOT want to run out of.

on 11/11/2011 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Okay soooo initially I was on the UDPP bandwagon , but that was my first primer so I didnt know any better. After admitting to myself that UDPP was not my HG , I saw a youtuber review this and decided to give it a try. It is GREAT!!! My eyeshadow stays on all day even on a hot day. Its expensive , but if your not happy with your current primer you will be very pleased and you wont have to deal with the UDPP Genie bottle that holds half of your product hostage ;) .............

on 11/5/2011 9:58:00 PM

I am so grateful to MUA for pointing me in the direction of this product! I have oily lids and my eyeshadow would be gone, creased, and/or faded by the end of the day. This stuff works great. Eyeshadow does not budge, liner does not budge, no creasing for me. I tried to cheat a little and stick it under my concealer as well but couldn't quite get away with that because it was too drying (although it did make the concealer go on stronger and stay in place). For me, this is great stuff and I will definitely buy again.

on 11/3/2011 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have really oily eyelids so I need a primer that will last all day. This stuff really works. My eye shadow does not crease or fade away. It is a little pricier than some of the other primers on the market but it is my HG of eye primers.

on 10/30/2011 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This let me down so much. I have a mostly unused tube of it, but still try to scrape out the last remnants of my Urban Decay primer from the tube, because that works so much better. This doesn't make eyeshadow stay! It creases within hours. Waste of money.

on 10/18/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I have used every eye primer created on this planet to combat my extreme oily/hooded eyelids! UDPP is okay but it will start to crease in about 5 hours and TFSI is a little bit better. MAC paint pots- love 'em but I need a primer to make them last longer than 4 hours. The NARS price and terrible packaging turned me off for a long time but I was desperate! OMG I can't express my gratitude for their creation of this wonderful product! You just need a tiny bit and it won't crease for 8+ hours. I also bring it up to my eyebrows since I have to fill them in a lot because of my light black and sparse brows and they last all day! The real test was when I used this during my week in Seattle and trip to little Forks where it was cloudy/humid/rainy on and off all day. I put this on at 5am and went out 10 pm that night and only my powder needed to be retouched. My eyemakeup looked exactly the same as it did this morning through all that drizzling and wind! This is my first proclaimed HG product and it is worth every penny.