April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by AliWhatWouldJoanDo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Amazing product. A must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by WhatWouldJaneDo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! Can't believe I ever put on eyeshadow without it. Get more value out of all your eye makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MerMcClain9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the texture of this primer. I have been loyal to Urban Decay and Laura Mercier. I feel that this product works great; especially with the cream shadows from Nars. I love their cream shadows but they roll and disappear really quickly but with the shadow base; stayed put and didn't migrate! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good product. Only eye primer I use. Trust me, use this and your most fall-out prone shadow looks will stay in place all day and all night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely use eyeshadow, and if I do I wear very subtle shades. Usually by 2nd hour of wearing eyemakeup, you can't tell I even applied it. Since buying this my eye makeup has looked fresh even at the end of my usual 12 hour shift. I also use black eyeshadow to line my eyes and when I wear this underneath it last forever and I don't have smudges on my bottom lids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this for the staying power it provides--shadows do last long when placed over this--but I still prefer UDPP over this. I feel like shadows are more easily blendable over my UDPP than this NARS primer. Also, it leans a bit on the white side, and doesn't apply as transparent as UDPP, so looks a little weird on my lids...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by sephirias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i'm blown over by the staying power of this e/s base! my e/s remained fresh and vibrant after approx 7 hrs of wear in humid and muggy weather. what i like abt this is that the base goes on clear and non-chalky, unlike UDPP. it is however, a touch expensive as most NARS products are. i've only tried UDPP, laura mercier and WnW cream e/s as bases btw.

* EDIT: this stuff is seriously the BEST primer. ever. i wore rajasthan over this base for about 14 hrs in hot and humid weather yesterday. not only did the shadow stayed fresh, there was no creasing! my lids are super-duper oily btw. UDPP would've creased/melted after approximately 4-6 hrs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

I haven't written a review in a long time but this product was worth emerging from the laziness. I have quite possibly the oiliest lids ever. UD primer potion was a god-send to me because it actually made my eye-shadow last almost an entire day without creasing. Strangely enough, though, it stopped working as well the longer I used it. Then this NARS e/s base came along and I decided to try it. This blows UD primer potion out of the water. My eyeshadow is 100 times more pigmented (OK, not a literal calculation) and lasts until I wash it off at night. I can't imagine an e/s base that is more perfect than this one. My only qualm is that the tube doesn't contain a ton of product and it ain't super cheap. Other than that, this is amazing amazing amazing and I highly recommend it for all oily-lid girls who thought nothing would work for them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this to try at around the same time the UDPP xxl tube came out. But this product by far surpasses that UDPP and original UDPP on my oily lids.

You only need a little bit to work but it's tad difficult to tell since it disappears into a clear finish after it dries.

What I love most about NARS is 1) no creasing 2) i can finally wear MAC f/l now and it stays.

3) it's great for shimmer e/s .

I retested my older bottle of UDPP and it just doesn't compare to it. Also an oily skinned gal too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

WOW! Have I ever been on the fence about THIS base! It does the job swimmingly, I'll say that. Although it is quite sheer, on darker skin it will show up a bit especially if you don't rub it in and blend it before putting on your eye makeup.

But that's not even the real issue here. I have long bottom lashes as well as long top lashes. Applying this base to my top eyelids is fine! It works a like dream there! But on my BOTTOM lids... I have to apply it with care, time, and patience and literally pull the base from off of my lower lashes and stuff like that. Because once I blink, the base will run into my eyes very quickly and sting them and even make them run slightly and it will cloud up my contacts!

I hated it for a while thinking, why couldn't an expensive company like Nars come up with a base for the eyes that was comfortable and eye safe! But as long as I apply it to bottom lids with patience and care and remember to remove the base from the bottom lashes before I even blink, it's all fine for the whole day! LOL LOL LOL And my eyelids are really, really oily! Just a warning there though....

But I always do have my MAC paint pots which don't irritate my eyes ever at all, but this Nars base has the convenience of having its own applicator ready for you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No