September 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've always wondered why my eyeshadow would crease on my lids. I thought it was normal and there was no way for it to stop. That was until I discovered primers. I've tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion and this one blows it away! This is HG!

It lives up to they hype! It's lightweight, extends the wear, maximizes color, and it smooths out the surface of the lid. It's also colorless, which is great for darker skin tones!

Also, it's not just for eyeliner and eyeshadow it can be for eye brows as well. I put this primer on my eyebrows and it makes every better and longer lasting.

It has a velvet texture and it's completely matte which is good because I want my mattes to stay matte. It even lasts in humid, hot, sticky, sweaty weather!

No more creasing for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, I was impressed by this eyeshadow base once I received a small sample of this at Sephora. I had never used much eyeshadow at all before using this eyeshadow base but I don't even want to try any other kind for two reasons: 1) I still have PLENTY of this remaining after daily use for almost 8 months and 2) it works SO WELL.

Now I have very oily skin. Seriously, even applying a light layer of Milk of Magnesia doesn't keep the oils at bay after the first 2 hours. My eyelids are no different - even light washes of light-colored eyeshadows crease on me and eyeliner fade SO FAST without primers on my lid! Fortunately for me, I already had a sample of this eyeshadow base so I didn't need to try out various drugstore versions (and possibly be disappointed) before I discovered this gem.

From personal experience I can tell you that this will last overnight and that I even like taking a bit of this base and applying it onto my brows (I have very sparse, light-colored brow hairs) so my brow pencil's pigment actually stays on my brows for the whole day. amazing. I would actually like to try the E.L.F eyeshadow primer someday too because I've heard good anecdotes about that. But I'll buy that once I run out of this baby which probably won't be until another year or two later!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by EmJems

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I a really surprised how well this product lasted. I received a sachet sample from the nars sales assistant and I haven't looked back! This primer managed to keep my black eyeshadow in place all day with out creasing! Which is almost a miracle. I also use this through my eyebrows to hold the colour in place which it does all day.
I do think it is on the pricey side but it does the job so it is well worth the money and I also use so little of the product that I estimate that this should last me a long time, especially as I don't wear shadows daily.
Con I don't like the packaging it is starting to get a little dirty looking in my make up case.
Go and buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by so_siqqq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was out of Primer Potion and decided to give this a try since one of my favorite Youtubers uses this. I think it works just as well as Primer Potion, but what I like so much about this is that it dries transparent and when I apply this to my lower lashline it does not make my undereye area look dry. The packaging is nice too because the doe-foot applicator does not apply too much product. The only downside for me is the price, which is $24 for 0.26 oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by valskuiken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing and the only e/s primer that works throughout a workday - workout for me. It just holds everything in place like nothing else. I don't use the wand to apply because for it gets smudgy, but I apply a very thin even coat with my fingertip.

Not cheap, but already been lasting me 2 months and still have so much left. I will never use any other e/s primer again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by zoeclay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the very best eyelid primer available!!! I have looked for something like this for over 20 years and nothing worked until this. I have very oily eyelids (at 61) and eyeliner, shadow, etc. would melt off within a couple of hours (even the waterproof ones). Some of them make your eyelids look wrinkled, but this goes on without color and does not dry out your eyelids. It is the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful new eyeshadow primer! It's invisible (goes on with a small sponge and is quite moist which is good for dry skin). It doesn't add color or shimmer, but it makes dry lids feel great and all eye shadows (cream and powder) go on evenly and smoothly with zero creasing even on parched, crepey eyelids like mine. And, with this base, shadows stay on without cracking or creasing all day or all night. I am really, really impressed with this stuff! I wasn't crazy about Nars face primer, but this is miraculous on my mature,saggy lids (I am 62). Definitely a must have for me and I highly recommend it. Not inexpensive (0.28oz tube is $24) but well worth it!

UPDATE: This product is highly recommended by Molly R. Stern, makeup artist based in LA, in the Allure Insiders Guide, August 2012 issue, page 72.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying a mini of this product, I definitely want to purchase a full size. Works GREAT, far superior to TFSI and UDPP. It's a little pricey for an eye primer, but it works so well that it's worth it. No irritation to my sensitive, oily lids and it really gets the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by prettyshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff. I put a tiny amount on my eyelid and barely rub where I put my eyeliner on the top & bottom lashes. Works like a charm, isn't too heavy, fabulous packaging. Much better than any other primers I've tried and I have tried many!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by nicojones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just two words: holy grail of e/s bases!!! This one comes in a container not a squeeze tube, so itīs easy to get the right amount, plus you donīt need an extra brush, just your finger tips. I love the fact that it does not smell and applies transparent (not white) - all MAC or NARS e/s I tried with smudgeproof base lasted about 12-14 h without creasing. In addition colors seem to apply & stay more brilliant. I love this stuff though itīs quite expensive (25 Euros) - but Iīll def. buy again.