November 28, 2014 | 1344 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by pumibel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have not used a concealer in quite a long time- not because I am so flawless, but because I hate a lot of makeup layered on my face. I usually wear either a mineral powder foundation or an oil free thin liquid foundation. I have been contemplating more coverage, however, because I do have some melasma in a sort of "butterfly rash" shape on my cheeks and old dark spots from healed acne spots. My skin care routine keeps me pretty clear of pimples, but my skin tone is uneven. I decided to try this concealer before going to a heavy foundation, and I am glad I did! It blends away some of the worst spots. I use it over my Neutrogena Skin Clearing foundation. I am also going to try it under my Mad Minerals powder foundation to see how well it works with that. I like that it is a thin liquid that stays all day. I use it in my oily areas- does not look all that great under eyes! I don't have dark circles anyway- I have white circles (how weird is that?) I would recommend this concealer for oily skin types. I use the "creme" shade, and I have light yellow toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by tabercat

This is the concealer provides the fullest coverage I have ever found and lasts forever. It is the only thing I have found that will fully conceal a pimple that I've been squeezing on and have made worse, or if I over do my retin-a and end up looking like a lobster in patches of my face where the skin is missing. This concealer is for disaster situations. However, it is very dry and sets quickly, so i wouldn't use it on the under eye area. You will end up tugging the skin and it won't look good even after you've risked causing under eye aging. The colors are also not too good. They are not natural skin tones, and I think it would be hard to find someone who would actually match. I bought the two fairest shades, which are still decidedly pink and mixed them together. This color blends in well enough to do the job and go unnoticed, but I wouldn't at all call the colors anywhere close to as natural and flesh toned my HG makeup forever; however, it does provide more coverage for those really stubborn imperfections.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by rlww4231

i've used this product for a while now, but still not very impressed by it
i often have a bit of flakiness from using acne products that leaves my skin a bit dry, and the this concealer emphasizes the dryness!
but if you dont have dryness, this will work amazingly because the it has extremely high coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hadn't bought any "drugstore" products for a whiel (ie Cover Girl, Maybelline etc) but I was in desperate need of a new concealer after my Illuminare Extra Coverage ran out. Next stop was going to be either the Becca concealer of Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, however with my recent credit card woes I couldn't justify spending $40AUD+ on those items. So I traipsed over to Priceline (a chain of stores very similar to your "drugstores") woefully sampling the concealers, when I stumbled on this little gem. On "sale" at $10, I thought, why not... and WOAH. Bottom line - this will now be a permanent item in my makeup bag, alongside such luminaries as my Nars Dolce Vita lippy, Shiseido Lash Lift mascara and Mirenesse skin clone powder foundation. I applied it to the sides of my nose and chin where my skin blemishes were most visible, and 5 hours later it's still there. Admittedly it's a long way from the 24 hours they claim it's supposed to last, but for me this is absolutely fantastic, given that all other concealers I've tried have lasted max of 3 hours before I have to reapply. The consistency is light yet heavily pigmented, therefore only the smallest amount is required. And it covers so well! And the fact that it's soooo cheap! I couldn't believe it. I'll be stocking up on this concealer now before my colour (medium beige - I've tanned now) runs out. Cannot recommend this enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by laurita24

I just bought this concealer and love it. Stays on super well, easy to blend, covers great. My new favorite and going to buy it again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this concealer! I have been loyal to using my MAC Select Moisturecover concealer for my dry skin for quite some time now, but I found that it was too liquid-y to stay put on my skin without fading or creasing into my under eyes. So I gave this drugstore concealer a shot, and it surpasses my MAC one by a mile. It is a liquid, but it has the coverage of a cream, blends beautifully, and covers my acne/scars/under eye circles perfectly with no fading. It truly does stay on all day (and mind you, today was one hot and sweaty day for me). I haven't experienced any drying, even though i have fairly dry skin. I do make sure to moisturize before applying any makeup on my face though. Bottom line, this is my new holy grail concealer!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by dionne

This got good reviews on here and youtube when it first came out. However, this is a horrible foundation. Hard to spread and looks cheap on. Color selection is poor, drying, no oil control, looks flat. If you have dry skin, it will not look nice. I don't know what else to say other than cheap, cheap, cheap. The price is a little steep for the quality. I rather put in double the money to get a high end foundation or get the revlon colorstay. I've tried lots of foundation (MUFE, MAC, BB, Chanel, Revlon, Neutrogena, Smashbox, Korres, Cargo, etc. ) and this is worst one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by lindyhopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Packaging - your standard packaging for liquid concealer, with the doe foot wand.

Coverage - excellent. I'll tell you what, I have a lot to cover, and this does a great job!

Consistency - pretty thick liquid, just make sure to blend it fast! It will dry to a powder finish pretty quickly, so you have to work fast.

Color - had a few colors available, the one I have is a bit too yellow and dark for my skin, but it matches ok enough for me.

Overall, pretty good concealer, and it does stay on. It was a bit thick for under eyes in my opinion, but works great on my face for acne, scars, discoloration, etc. Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by btobey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite concealer! I purchased it on a whim from Ulta, as the old Maybelline concealer I liked has been discontinued for awhile now. I have VERY dark undereye circles, and I have been extremely impressed with how well this product covers them--plus, once it dries, it definitely DOES last all day, even if I put in eye drops (lots of other concealers I've used have smeared after I've used drops).

I usually take the wand out, put a little dab of the product on my finger, and then use my finger to spread. I have found that a tiny little bit definitely goes a long way--one little dab is usually good for both under eye areas as well as any miscellaneous acne marks that I might have on my face (works great for these as well). So, even though the tube is small, that shouldn't be a concern since you need so little to get good coverage!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this, and I definitely plan to buy it again once I run out--unless something better comes along, it's now my HG. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer mostly to use under my eyes, and I have found that it is absolutely amazing for that area. It does everything that the company claims it will: it does not settle into fine lines, does not transfer, stays on all day, and it looks PHENOMENAL. A small amount of this product goes a pretty long way under the eyes, and it smooths over the area really easily. I find that it sets pretty quickly though, so I have to work a bit more quickly than normal. I don't find that to be a con though because I like the fact that it sets and doesn't budge for the rest of the day. It's also thick enough that it completely covers my dark circles and brightens my entire eye area. A lot of times when I use this, I don't even feel like I need to wear foundation because this will cover any perfections so well. I also don't feel the need to apply a primer underneath this concealer because although it sets quickly, it feels moisturizing. I'm not really a huge fan of wand applicator concealers, but this one is so good that I'll accept it. I just wish it came in a larger tube.