August 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this concealer! I have been loyal to using my MAC Select Moisturecover concealer for my dry skin for quite some time now, but I found that it was too liquid-y to stay put on my skin without fading or creasing into my under eyes. So I gave this drugstore concealer a shot, and it surpasses my MAC one by a mile. It is a liquid, but it has the coverage of a cream, blends beautifully, and covers my acne/scars/under eye circles perfectly with no fading. It truly does stay on all day (and mind you, today was one hot and sweaty day for me). I haven't experienced any drying, even though i have fairly dry skin. I do make sure to moisturize before applying any makeup on my face though. Bottom line, this is my new holy grail concealer!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by dionne

This got good reviews on here and youtube when it first came out. However, this is a horrible foundation. Hard to spread and looks cheap on. Color selection is poor, drying, no oil control, looks flat. If you have dry skin, it will not look nice. I don't know what else to say other than cheap, cheap, cheap. The price is a little steep for the quality. I rather put in double the money to get a high end foundation or get the revlon colorstay. I've tried lots of foundation (MUFE, MAC, BB, Chanel, Revlon, Neutrogena, Smashbox, Korres, Cargo, etc. ) and this is worst one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by lindyhopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Packaging - your standard packaging for liquid concealer, with the doe foot wand.

Coverage - excellent. I'll tell you what, I have a lot to cover, and this does a great job!

Consistency - pretty thick liquid, just make sure to blend it fast! It will dry to a powder finish pretty quickly, so you have to work fast.

Color - had a few colors available, the one I have is a bit too yellow and dark for my skin, but it matches ok enough for me.

Overall, pretty good concealer, and it does stay on. It was a bit thick for under eyes in my opinion, but works great on my face for acne, scars, discoloration, etc. Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by btobey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite concealer! I purchased it on a whim from Ulta, as the old Maybelline concealer I liked has been discontinued for awhile now. I have VERY dark undereye circles, and I have been extremely impressed with how well this product covers them--plus, once it dries, it definitely DOES last all day, even if I put in eye drops (lots of other concealers I've used have smeared after I've used drops).

I usually take the wand out, put a little dab of the product on my finger, and then use my finger to spread. I have found that a tiny little bit definitely goes a long way--one little dab is usually good for both under eye areas as well as any miscellaneous acne marks that I might have on my face (works great for these as well). So, even though the tube is small, that shouldn't be a concern since you need so little to get good coverage!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this, and I definitely plan to buy it again once I run out--unless something better comes along, it's now my HG. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer mostly to use under my eyes, and I have found that it is absolutely amazing for that area. It does everything that the company claims it will: it does not settle into fine lines, does not transfer, stays on all day, and it looks PHENOMENAL. A small amount of this product goes a pretty long way under the eyes, and it smooths over the area really easily. I find that it sets pretty quickly though, so I have to work a bit more quickly than normal. I don't find that to be a con though because I like the fact that it sets and doesn't budge for the rest of the day. It's also thick enough that it completely covers my dark circles and brightens my entire eye area. A lot of times when I use this, I don't even feel like I need to wear foundation because this will cover any perfections so well. I also don't feel the need to apply a primer underneath this concealer because although it sets quickly, it feels moisturizing. I'm not really a huge fan of wand applicator concealers, but this one is so good that I'll accept it. I just wish it came in a larger tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by sydneythekidd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer the other day, and so far am satisfied with it. I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's fine.
Pros:
-It covers fairly well.
-Dries to a perfect powdery finish.
-Matches my color pretty well(cream)
-Because of the powdery finish keeps my eyeliner from running a muck.
-Stays a pretty long time.
Cons:
-Dries maybe a little too fast for some, although it doesn't bother me too much.
-A little expensive for a drugstore brand that doesn't give a lot of actual product.
-Probably wouldn't work for those with dry skin, it's pretty dry.

Overall, it gets the job done, I'll probably repurchase out of convenience.
P.S. I use this concealer under my eyes(I don't get blemishes very often) and it covers pretty well, not sure how it would work with excess redness or acne, etc. I'll update if anything changes with it though.

EDIT: Switched over to a different brand. This was just too messy and wasteful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Songbird1967

This is extraordinary buildable coverage. I think it's best suited for covering redness, blemishes, broken capillaries and such. Perhaps not as good under eyes unless you are well moisturized. It's lightweight and lasts!!! But the lasting opacity is it's strong suit. This is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer I have used so far. It covers very well and lasts a long time. It blends in perfectly with my skin. I use it in the dark area between my nose and eyes. I just pat it then blend. It doesn't cake up and I don't have any problems with it drying too fast. I also use it to to cover any red blemishes. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by goodygirl96

It's soooo cakey! Plus, it does not cover anything! :(
I do not like it at all. And it dries too quickly, color selection is also very limited.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by ChristeenieMarie

Been using this for a couple days now and so far I really like the way it covers and stays. However, there is a few negatives towards this concealer.. It dries too fast, and the applicator brush is hardly useful.