Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Nutty

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 7/9/2010 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is such versatile shadow, and imo NOT a dupe for Satin Taupe. I own both, and ST is a much darker, deeper brown color while Nutty is a soft, lighter silvery taupe. They go great together, with Nutty all over the lid and ST in the crease for a daytime look. Nutty is buttery smooth and pigmented taupe color with a lovely sheen that isn't glittery or OTT. Flattering for all ages. This is my go-to color when I'm lazy. :) Very subtle with my brown eyes.

on 7/1/2010 2:55:00 PM

I would not have believed that Wet 'n' Wild would have anything but chalky cheap eyeshadow, but due to the high reviews on MUA, I had to try them. I am pretty impressed with this eyeshadow. With the Brulee color as highlighter, you can do a simple eye with Nutty on your lid. It is a medium shimmery taupe color and I love taupes. It's not frosty, which is my preference. Although I used it on my lid today, I would probably use it more on my crease in the future. I did not find the packaging hard to open. I got Brulee and Nutty for $3 at Walgreen (BOGO 50%off), and the quality is amazing for the price. I have had it on all day & no fading. The texture is creamy and there is good color payoff.

on 6/27/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

LOVE IT! At first I was mad about the new singles comming out, because miss fine wink, but now i love it! I put this on my crease, with a darker color in the outer corner, and its awesome!

Pros:
Gorgeous
smooth
soft
blendable
AWESOME!

Cons:
Packaging is hard to open, i ALWAYS chip my nail polish.

on 6/25/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Pigmented, doesn't wear off too quickly, and cheap: definitely a must-try. I returned mine because it comes out as a pale burnt sienna color on me (too orange) -which is weird, as I am a cool-toned PPP. It may not work for everyone, but for $1.99, everyone should at least try it!

on 6/25/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

MAC's satin taupe in Wet n Wild packaging. A must.

my only complaint: IT'S HARD TO OPEN (if you have short nails due to nail-biting). GAH

I heard a lot of good things about this, so i had to buy it. Im not a fan of neutrals or taupes at all, but since its so cheap i decided to buy this. Its a nice taupe brown with some silver/very very slight purple tones. Its very pigmented and the eyeshadow size is really big. It is a really nice color that would probably look good on all skintones. Im really inpressed with WnW since they have amazing quality now!

on 6/22/2010 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After a good amount of use with this shadow, I've come to the conclusion that this color just does not go well with my skin tone. I'm medium tan with warm undertones and this color always ends up looking ashy and dull on me.

It would probably look fantastic on darker or lighter skintones, especially for an everyday look. It's smooth, pigmented and easy to work with. I only give it a 4 because it's not flattering on everyone IMO. However, for the price, I don't think I've lost much trying it out.

on 6/21/2010 12:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I picked this up for a dollar at a 50% off sale and just love it. I've been using it for four months along with the cream color from the same line and they are so pretty. They last an incredibly long time with or without an eyeshadow primer. Will be buying this again when I finish them.

YES!!! This eyeshadow is an 11 out of a 10 scale. The color looks dull and flat in the pan but once swatched, it's a different story. The pigmentation is GREAT (similar to MAC's veluxe pearl formula) and the color is just really pretty.. I can't imagine this looking bad on any skin tone/eye color. I have dark brown eyes and taupes are my favorites.. this one beats any of the ones I purchased from MAC (including Patina, Shale, and Era). Not that MAC's e/s is bad (they're great) but considering that this is only 1.99, I feel like I've wasted money on MAC shadows. Yes it's true that this comes out silvery and rather lighter when swatched but you can build it up. Perfect everyday color.

on 6/16/2010 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great colour on me. It looks slightly pink on me which I love because I'm normally allergic to pink/purple/red eye makeup. The color pay off is great, a little bit of fallout though but nothing to stop me from buying this. The only complaint I have is the packaging. The case snaps too hard and is actually making the shadow crack and breakup. I'm going to have to repair tonight though I'm worried it'll just happen again because closing the case really jars the shadow. I'd like to depot it but don't have anything to hold it in:(