October 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Nutty

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by GreenT

After a good amount of use with this shadow, I've come to the conclusion that this color just does not go well with my skin tone. I'm medium tan with warm undertones and this color always ends up looking ashy and dull on me.

It would probably look fantastic on darker or lighter skintones, especially for an everyday look. It's smooth, pigmented and easy to work with. I only give it a 4 because it's not flattering on everyone IMO. However, for the price, I don't think I've lost much trying it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by cheekykiki78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up for a dollar at a 50% off sale and just love it. I've been using it for four months along with the cream color from the same line and they are so pretty. They last an incredibly long time with or without an eyeshadow primer. Will be buying this again when I finish them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

YES!!! This eyeshadow is an 11 out of a 10 scale. The color looks dull and flat in the pan but once swatched, it's a different story. The pigmentation is GREAT (similar to MAC's veluxe pearl formula) and the color is just really pretty.. I can't imagine this looking bad on any skin tone/eye color. I have dark brown eyes and taupes are my favorites.. this one beats any of the ones I purchased from MAC (including Patina, Shale, and Era). Not that MAC's e/s is bad (they're great) but considering that this is only 1.99, I feel like I've wasted money on MAC shadows. Yes it's true that this comes out silvery and rather lighter when swatched but you can build it up. Perfect everyday color.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great colour on me. It looks slightly pink on me which I love because I'm normally allergic to pink/purple/red eye makeup. The color pay off is great, a little bit of fallout though but nothing to stop me from buying this. The only complaint I have is the packaging. The case snaps too hard and is actually making the shadow crack and breakup. I'm going to have to repair tonight though I'm worried it'll just happen again because closing the case really jars the shadow. I'd like to depot it but don't have anything to hold it in:(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I found Nutty worked better for me than MAC's Satin Taupe. ST was too saturated and dark for someone with dark under eye circles. Nutty is a bit more silvery/cool and light on me. I also found this far more shimmery than ST. I enjoy using this e/s because it's neutral enough to go with mostly anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by entreprentice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all these great reviews I got this shadow but was a little disappointed that it was more shimmery than I would like, however it's still a great taupe color that I can just throw it on my lids for a quick look and look pretty natural, but polished. However, I would like to find a color that is less shimmery so I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by FlorCanelaStyles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As others have mentioned, the color is not your typical taupe.

It looks a bit blah in the container, but once applied it comes on as a cool silvery light cocoa color. I love it when otherwise neutral colors have a pop of something unique in them.

This has quite a good amount of pigment and applies smoothly and intensely. The texture is buttery and grabs well on applicators, brushes, and finger tips with out chalkiness in the pan and fall-out around the eyes.

I have been wearing this without a primer (just moisturizer) for the last 6 hours and it's still going strong.

All this for a minimal price of $1.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by eoifemacbeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've seen a few rave reviews floating around of Wet 'n' Wild's new eyeshadow singles and palettes, and when I finally chanced upon them in a Walgreens I grabbed the first one that appealed to me---Nutty. I absolutely love it. Buttery smooth texture, applies well wet or dry, with spongetip applicator or high-end brush, and is a lovely cool taupe with almost silverish sheen on me. I tried this yesterday all over the lid with MAC Antiqued in the crease and outer corner, and got a compliment from a Sephora SA, of all people! She was shocked that my eyeshadow had cost less than a Diet Coke, and said she was going to run out and buy all the ones she could get her hands on---I definitely know I'll be doing the same.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of how much I heard about this about on the boards. I saw it at the drugstore, and decided to give it a try. It looks like a really pretty taupe in the package, but sadly it didn't turn out so great for me. It's not that this is a bad shadow. The pigmentation is fine, and it's easy to apply. My problem with this, is that it shows up silver on me. I can see looking at other reviews that I'm not the only one. So, if it would have actually shown up in the taupe color that it did in the package, I would have liked it, but I wasn't looking for a silver eyeshadow. I'm not unwilling to try other W&W shadows, because I actually feel the quality was alright, it's a color problem .Considering how cheap this was, no harm done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, well all the raves are totally deserved. I not only got this BOGOF, but the color is fabulous. You can do a sheer wash, or build up the color to something more dramatic. I have generally found taupes to be overrated on my olive complexion, but this amazing. I adore the color and the texture is very buttery and easy to use. WnW, you are my new DS love!