October 25, 2014 | 1846 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by SAA2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
best highlighter ever !
and it looks very natural and healthy.. I just love it!
I would buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS. Glowy and beautiful skin, love it far more than Dior Amber Diamond. It looks quite like Nars copacabana but doesn't get all greasy or totally wear off. It looks ethereal and makes me look gorgeous, wear it everyday! It's an obvious glow, but not tacky, sparkly or overly shimmery. I am ppp, cool and I find Nars Albatross too yellowy gold though it's a nice glow. Dior Amber Diamond was not glowy enough and was also too warm toned, this is a shimmery brownish silver but it looks beautiful on me and suits my skintone :). I also found Benefits highbeam much too shimmery, I like a nice apparent glow, without glitter or shimmer and this gives it to me! This is the most natural yet glowing of all of the highlighters I have tried.

I lost this. I have like Kevyn Aucoin's highlighter (nice but not glowy enough!), Benefit's High Beam (too shiny), Nars Copacabana (beautiful but then turns greasy!), some Becca shimmer powder (bleh!), Nars Albatross (too golden) and I NEED to buy another of this! This is like the one mu product I miss :(!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by linlalalala

This is my first review. I cannot help it because this product is highly recommended!
I'm an Asian with yellow undertone & it looks so natural on my skintone!
don't apply too much though. I saw this product has plenty of great reviews and literally went to the nearest store that carries it and purchased this baby! Got to say it is a really good highlighter and I don't think it'll finish within 2 years because we always use a tad bit of it everytime!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw all these rave review but since there arent any stores that readily carried them, I bought at amazon. It is super fragile, I accidentally dropped at when it arrived by mail and it broke into pieces. The color isnt my favorite, a bit more champagne-gold instead of a white-gold that I prefer. My sister loves to use it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by sd03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll be honest, I do not own many highlighters to compare this to, but I do love it, and don't feel like I *need* anymore...The compact is great, big mirror, sturdy, cute picture...The color is a gold shimmer, it is VERY pigmented so you do not need a lot. I usually don't really wear this in the am to school, because it's a little to much for me, but at night it looks great when going out...All in all I really like it, and would recc.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by 1986tee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the perfect highlight, not to glittery or shimmery, like a glow from within. It is a very neutral color, doesn't seem to come off to gold or yellow undertoned. Use a very light hand, a little goes a long way. Use this every day, holy grail status.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by xwhereswaldo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a lovely gold highlight, not too shimmery. It gives your skin a glow, not glitter. The size of this is HUGE 8.5G. I definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Best pale gold luminous highlighter on the market. I love the shade because it's universal and lovely. You can apply a sheer amount or load it up and get an all out glow. I've heard that it's been seen at TJ Maxx in a duo with a Betty Lou bronzer, and on sale at Haute Look, but I missed out. It's $24 full price and not exactly easy to find. You can buy it online from The Balm or Sephora. The Balm gets less credit than it deserves, partly because it's not carried in many stores. If they would branch out it would probably enrich the brand overall and fund research for new products. They aren't quite up to par with expensive rare niche brands right now because of the paper/plastic retro packaging, but they have some gem products. Imagine this product in a art deco metal compact and they could charge a lot more for it. Update: I didn't give up and found it in a clearance gift set at TJ Maxx. It was in another set without Betty Lou, called "Oh So Bright". I'm still going to Marshall's to check because The Balm is also being sold there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ADPang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to sephora and they said that The Balm has been discontinued, is that true? Or something like The Balm is now Korres. But anywho I LOVE this product. For my NC30/35 skin this is the perfect highlight it's just the right ammount of shimmer without looking stupid. Mary Lou Manizer blends so well I not only use it as a higlighter I also use it as an eyeshadow. I hope The Balm wasn't dicontinued because I want to get more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by lyonk014

I've used all sorts of highlighters from Benefit High Beam to Vincent Longo, and this by far is THE best highlighter I've found. It is my holy grail highlighter. I am light olive skinned (MAC NC42) and this works perfect for highlighting my orbital bone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No