April 19, 2014 | 1190 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sremmers123

I was looking for the perfect highlighter for my pale skin. I had previously used NARS Copacabana, and while I liked it, I prefer a powder form. So of course, I came to MUA to help me decide! I heard such good reviews about this highlighter. Unfortunately, the Sephora in my town doesn't have a good selection of products since it's inside J.C. Penny's. I took a little trip to a free standing Sephora about 45 minutes away from me. When I got my hands on the tester, I KNEW I had to have it.

It's the PERFECT color! It's soo finely milled and extremely pigmented. Just one tap of the brush into the product and it's enough for one cheekbone. The price tag is a bit steep but there is a lot of product, it should last quite a while considering the high quality! The packaging is also pretty cute! I have zero regrets about this purchase and I recommend this product to all my cosmetic-loving friends. This makes me want to try more products by theBalm!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by purplepan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Mary-lou manizer. It works great, it's versatile and it is huge compared to most luminizing products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Here's a little background before I start on the review. I am about NC30-NC35 with olive skin. I also have dry skin so I am always searching for something to give my skin a nice glow. I bought the TheBalm Mary-Loumanizer about a month ago on vacation. I have been using the product every single day since then on my cheekbones and sometimes down the center of my face. I absolutely LOVE this product. I can see that my cheeks are glowing when I catch myself in the mirror :) I use my MAC 168 brush to apply and it blends beautifully with the rest of my makeup. This product is also a great value, there is 0.3 oz of product as opposed to NARS Albatross which has 0.16 oz. If I ever run out of this product, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. HG highlighter :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Blythe1976

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far the best all-purpose luminizing/highlighting pressed powder I've ever owned. TheBalm's formula for all their pressed powder products is among the silkiest and most blendable of h/e cosmetics lines, comparable even with the Guerlains and other luxury lines. It's not too shimmery, not too bronze—it's just right for just about any skin tone, no matter what your undertones are. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! I'm becoming a bigger fan of TheBalm with each product I try. Haven't been disappointed yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by shari_sp2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually received this as a swap, and am I ever glad that I did! It is the best highlighter for my fair skin, a shimmery champagne color that complements almost any look and doesn't look chalky, or glittery, or at all "overdone" if done with a light hand. One sweep with a fan brush is enough to give just the right amount of sheen to the cheekbones. I have tried many other liquid and powder highlighters but theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer really is the BOMB!!! As other posters have said, a little goes a long way, and this will probably last me years! But when I run out, I will def re-purchase, it has become a staple in my makeup bag!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by annabrem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's really a wonderful luminizer: gorgeous color, lovely consistency. And the compact is very cute and has a nice big mirror. BUT I've only had it a couple of months and dropped it once and the whole thing is crumbling apart now, more and more so every day. Having spent over $20 on this, I'm not thrilled that it's falling apart. It's a shame because I really was loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best. Highlighter. Ever. I am NC35 with normal skin, and I am a total highlighter wh0re. This is my favorite highlighter ever. When you look at the size, its dirt cheap and has a cute little case. The texture is velvety smooth and blends into your skin perfectly for a natural highlight. It is a neutral-warm gold but I think would flatter every skin tone and color. I think this beats every MAC MSF (I've got almost all of them!) and it is much better then Dior Amber Diamond. I definitely recommend buying this, thebalm is a seriously underrated brand and the texture is out of this world!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

I love this highlighter!

- definitely heavy-duty, so strong!
- lovely champagne colour
- gives a great glow, lovely shimmer but not too sparkly/glittery
- looks amazing on cheekbones, browbones, collar bones, inner corners and cupid's bow
- amazing packiging in retro-style, with mirror
- last absolute AGES! Will probably never have to repurchase - will do though, if I ever run out (which is highly unlikely)
- should be used with a light hand for natural look, can be applied more heavily for a dramatic evening look
- bit expensive (got it on offer), but will last you forever, so price per use is minute

Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only highlighter I have found that is not too glittery or too dark/ bright for my fair skin. It's a light champagne frost color that is a very fine powder. It adds a nice warm glowy highlight that is not too shiny either.. no high beam cheekbones here. It goes with any color of blush or eyeshadow. I have been using this almost daily for about 6 months and still have not put a dent in it. A little does go a long way. The compact has a large mirror...the whole thing is made of metal and a bit heavy, which does keep me from carrying it around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by harls321

I received this in the Balmbini palette and love it! Since it is so finely milled it gives a very natural on the skin.....not at all like a powder. I have oily skin and this gives me that glow without looking like a grease ball.