MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

I got this as my first B2M lippie. The MA suggested it as something I could wear to school on a daily basis.. cuz as far as lipsticks go, I'm a light, neutral kinda gal. I tried it on and loved it! I love the fact that it's so versatile, and pretty, and it feels GREAT on your lips! I love the way lustres feel on your lips, but some of them are really sheer. That's the only beef I have with this lippie. I still like it, though. The sheerness has its advantages, though. It just makes it that much more wearable!

on 3/20/2005 9:09:00 PM

Always in search of the YLBB color, I found that after standing in front of the MAC display, I had picked up this same color four times. I guess that meant I needed to try it, and I did. What a beautiful moist and glossy finish this lipstick has! It's not a frost but is labeled as a 'lustre' and I wouldn't really say that it is lustrous in a shimmery way, more of just a gloss shine. It is sheer but still gives color to the lips without looking thick or drab. These types of colors can be somewhat hard to describe-- think in terms of a neutral that is cool-based and that gets you close to this color. I'm so happy I caved on this one!

This is the perfect cool pink -- not too bright or too purple, and the sheer texture is gorgeous. A great "everyday" lipstick, I can see myself reaching for this constantly.

on 2/2/2005 7:06:00 PM

Love the sheer, light texture, the beautiful pink-mauve color, everything! Very versatile.

on 1/30/2005 9:26:00 AM

I am very pale, and this is my favorite lipstick color. I really like the effect of the Lustre lipsticks, a little more sheer, a slightly glossy look. Love it!

on 1/4/2005 5:53:00 PM

I HAVE FOUND MY HG COLOR. I have hazel eyes with caramel blond hair and am very fair with Neutral lips natural pink tint. I put this on with Wink liner and Wonderlust lustre lacqur and I luve it. It is not too heavy or too pink but you will use alot of this since it is sheer but I luve the celebrity lipstick look I get.

on 1/2/2005 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was plesantly surprised with this one. I thought it would be too dark for me, but it's one of the lustre formulas, so it's nice and sheer. This is such a natural color for me. It's a mlbb color. I love the lustre formulas since they're sheer and feel great on the lip. I'm a gloss girl, so I find most lipsticks drying, but these lustres are great!

on 12/5/2004 10:28:00 PM

Iíve been on an eternal search for a MLBB HG lipstick and now I think I can stop. This is a true HG for me. Most nude/neutral tones contain too much brown for my cool-toned PPP complexion so I decided to look for a more muted pink shade instead. Syrup is a pinky-mauve with the tiniest silver shimmer that doesnít show up on the lips. Itís definitely a MLBB shade on my NC20 face and blonde hair. Itís translucent that becomes opaque with a few layers and has a soft sheen finish. Syrup wears comfortably on the lips and doesnít dry them out like many other lipsticks tend to. This is great on its own, with liner, and with a gloss over it. My favourite combination is Syrup with Wonderstruck lustreglass over the top for a real red carpet celebrity lip look. Am not surprised to see all the positive reviews for this excellent MAC offering.

on 11/16/2004 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this for free through the B2M program. I'm a lip gloss girl, so I was surprised at how moisturizing this lipstick was. On me it's a dewy light pink, very close to my natural lip color but it still adds a bit of polish. It smells and feels great on my lips, but it doesn't last very long. But overall, I was pleasantly surprised.

on 11/10/2004 12:25:00 PM

I've been wanting this color for a while, and finally got it the other day. I'm really digging this lipstick. I'm a MMM with blonde hair and blue eyes. This is a glossy sheer mauve color, but not too sheer. Why did I wait so long to buy this color?

Recommended for Medium Skin