MAC Lustre in Syrup

4.4

on 12/5/2004 10:28:00 PM

Iíve been on an eternal search for a MLBB HG lipstick and now I think I can stop. This is a true HG for me. Most nude/neutral tones contain too much brown for my cool-toned PPP complexion so I decided to look for a more muted pink shade instead. Syrup is a pinky-mauve with the tiniest silver shimmer that doesnít show up on the lips. Itís definitely a MLBB shade on my NC20 face and blonde hair. Itís translucent that becomes opaque with a few layers and has a soft sheen finish. Syrup wears comfortably on the lips and doesnít dry them out like many other lipsticks tend to. This is great on its own, with liner, and with a gloss over it. My favourite combination is Syrup with Wonderstruck lustreglass over the top for a real red carpet celebrity lip look. Am not surprised to see all the positive reviews for this excellent MAC offering.

on 11/16/2004 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this for free through the B2M program. I'm a lip gloss girl, so I was surprised at how moisturizing this lipstick was. On me it's a dewy light pink, very close to my natural lip color but it still adds a bit of polish. It smells and feels great on my lips, but it doesn't last very long. But overall, I was pleasantly surprised.

on 11/10/2004 12:25:00 PM

I've been wanting this color for a while, and finally got it the other day. I'm really digging this lipstick. I'm a MMM with blonde hair and blue eyes. This is a glossy sheer mauve color, but not too sheer. Why did I wait so long to buy this color?

on 7/16/2004 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This was a freebie for my empties which I am loving. This pink is close to my natural lip color and is matte on me so it looks natural only better. A definate purchase next time.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this yesterday and I'm so impressed with it. The smell is great, it feels lightweight and moisturising and it has a lovely dewy texture, which those who love glosses will appreciate. I'd have to agree that this is probably better for cool toned girls, but who knows because there are no rules in make-up! Really pretty mauvey pink lipstick that's great for summer.

on 6/23/2004 6:07:00 PM

Syrup is a sheer mauve-pink that is perfect as an everyday color. I am not sure if someone who was warm-toned could wear this, because there are definitely a lot of mauve lilac tones. This is a great color, but not exactly one that I cannot live w/o.

on 6/9/2004 2:53:00 PM

If you're looking for a cheaper version of VL Foolish Virgin lipstain, you've found it. Syrup is much more pigmented, but has the same shine as the lipstain. It's slightly too pink for my taste, which is why I gave it a 4, but it would be ideal for others.

on 6/8/2004 7:51:00 PM

I like this colour a lot. It ressembles my natural lip colour so it ends up looking really natural on my lips.

on 3/21/2004 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

When I first put this on and looked in the mirror, my inital thought was, "ew". But since then I've been willing to work with it and I like it much better now. I combine it with a lipliner (Hollywood) and now I'm always satisfied with the way it looks. It's one of those lipsticks I have to work with to make it work for me.

on 3/13/2004 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a GGG, Asian and syrup is a really pretty pink on me. I wear it alone for daytime and at night, it really stands out with untempered gold glitter lip glass on top. As with all my MAC lipsticks - this is moisurizing, stays put and has a solid color.

Popular Lipsticks