January 25, 2015 | 2005 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2004 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Mudskipper

If you're looking for a cheaper version of VL Foolish Virgin lipstain, you've found it. Syrup is much more pigmented, but has the same shine as the lipstain. It's slightly too pink for my taste, which is why I gave it a 4, but it would be ideal for others.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2004 7:51:00 PM More reviews by wildberry

I like this colour a lot. It ressembles my natural lip colour so it ends up looking really natural on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2004 8:41:00 PM More reviews by shanmora

When I first put this on and looked in the mirror, my inital thought was, "ew". But since then I've been willing to work with it and I like it much better now. I combine it with a lipliner (Hollywood) and now I'm always satisfied with the way it looks. It's one of those lipsticks I have to work with to make it work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 4:42:00 PM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a GGG, Asian and syrup is a really pretty pink on me. I wear it alone for daytime and at night, it really stands out with untempered gold glitter lip glass on top. As with all my MAC lipsticks - this is moisurizing, stays put and has a solid color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2004 8:48:00 PM More reviews by celiasmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a valentine's day special on a whim and I am so pleased with this color. A light pink lavender that is sooo pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 7:01:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this today trying to branch out of my warm pinks/peaches trend. I was already regretting it - it's so light and blue-pink, it doesn't really go with my usual makeup looks, and it kind of made my teeth yellow. THEN I tried it with a few liners and I *love* it. With Spice, it's a terrific plummy YLBB; with Bonne Bell 'Sand' it's just more intense and slightly more neutral than when alone; with Annabelle 'Blush' it's a vibrant pink. I love the Lustre formula so I'm glad to find a way to wear this lippie with versatility.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by judy1999

This is a pinky w/hint of purple shade. Very nice pink color. As with other MAC lippies it lasts a long time and doesn't dry out my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 8:35:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a swap and it is a good addition to my MAC lipstick collection. It is a sheer plummy pink with a tiny bit of shimmer. I love the lustre texture! If I apply lightly, it is totally MLBB! If I put on a few too many coats, I don't really like the look of it. It's like it is trying to become frosty lilac.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2004 6:46:00 PM More reviews by spigot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hug Me was my favourite Lustre until I tried Syrup - I love it!! On me it's a beautiful rosy plum, sheer with no shimmer, and -like all the Lustre lipsticks- it's got a good slippery feel and doesn't dry out my lips. Works with everything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by star811

When I first saw this, I thought "ew." It looks like a weird lavender pink color that I would never be caught dead in public wearing. But since I love lustre lipsticks, I gave it a try after staring at it each time in the MAC store. Surprise-- it's flattering! The beauty of lustre lippies is that they are sheer and shiny. Syrup makes my lips look pinkish, but not *too* light (I hate that!) So glad I tried it!