July 28, 2014 | 2066 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2004 5:06:00 PM More reviews by LauraA

I was looking for the perfect pink lipstick for my complexion (cool PPP) that would look natural and polished and I found it with Syrup. This is a light, soft pink that lasts forever and feels great. It has no shimmer, which is nice for the times when you want to wear makeup without looking like you are;) I like this lippie and will purchase again, especially for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by staratdusk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lustre lipsticks are my absolute favorite because I love piling on lip balm but with some color. I love putting this on for its conditioning qualities, and it delivers color like no other "colored balms" or glosses that are popular out there.

Hug Me is my HG shade, but my local MAC counter had run out of it and after much deliberation I purchased syrup as my alternative. Hug me is the classic pinky beige, very similar to Twig in color and goes on the same color as Spice lipliner. Syrup, as someone mentioned before, is very similar to Sequin, sans ths shimmer and with a much more sheer ,lovely texture. I'm Asian but cool-toned colors always have worked well for me, so be a little cautious if you are very yellow-toned, but otherwise this really is a beautiful lip color that enhances your natural lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by stilagirl9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this color! On me it's a rosy-pink YLBB color, which means I need to wear cool clothing and makeup with this lippie. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2003 12:37:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this color! Shiny pink/mauve, a great your lips but better color. It is very light when applied, so if your looking for something dark this is not it. I love this as my everyday lipstick, feels nice and creamy on and wears well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2003 7:07:00 AM More reviews by mere1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely sheer plum/pink. Probably the nicest MAC l/s I've found, and one of the few I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2003 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect lipstick for fair skinned girls, a sheer, glossy mauve pink. The lustre lipsticks are nice because they feel really smooth going on. I plan on repurchasing this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2003 8:05:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC lipstick so far - sequin was my first favorite, but Syrup has replaced it, it is so easy to wear, goes with everything and feels devine on my lips! i have brown hair and brown eyes and an olive complexion, this is light enough to not scream 'look at my lips' but dresses me up a bit for work or on weekends, a day shade, but wonderful! love the lustre!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2003 4:27:00 PM More reviews by caralyn

This is a very pretty lavender-pink on me. I'm fair with pink-yellow undertones, so I generally go for warmer tones, but this works on me, as long as I wear cooler toned e/s and blush (as someone else mentioned - this is definitely a color you should match the rest of your makeup to). I am loving the formula - like a pigmented, non-shimmery gloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2003 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Blinkers345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty cool, pinkish mauve color. Im warm toned though, so this didnt look as good as I had hoped :( It turns out a vibrant purple-ey shade...not a ylbb mauve like everyone said it was. This just isnt for my coloring, so I wouldnt buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2003 5:40:00 PM More reviews by chowdapunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got Syrup for free when I returned 6 MAC empties. I was really drawn to this color and so excited when it looked go on me. I'm incredibly fair with freckles and really thin lips. I'm lucky when I can find a lipcolor that works and that i LOVE. I'll definitely buy this again.