August 30, 2014 | 968 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2004 6:46:00 PM More reviews by spigot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hug Me was my favourite Lustre until I tried Syrup - I love it!! On me it's a beautiful rosy plum, sheer with no shimmer, and -like all the Lustre lipsticks- it's got a good slippery feel and doesn't dry out my lips. Works with everything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2004 10:56:00 PM More reviews by star811

When I first saw this, I thought "ew." It looks like a weird lavender pink color that I would never be caught dead in public wearing. But since I love lustre lipsticks, I gave it a try after staring at it each time in the MAC store. Surprise-- it's flattering! The beauty of lustre lippies is that they are sheer and shiny. Syrup makes my lips look pinkish, but not *too* light (I hate that!) So glad I tried it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Cosmaniac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a cool PPP and this color just doesn't work for me. I bought it after a MA for MAC did a fall make over on me. I loved the way it felt and in the Nordstrom lighting it looked liked the perfect YLBB. Now - I just don't like it. It is too sheer and really looks bad on me. It is almost a flourescent light purple on my lips in the daylight. My husband loves it on me in the evening and I have to agree. Syrup is solely sticking to nightime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2004 5:06:00 PM More reviews by LauraA

I was looking for the perfect pink lipstick for my complexion (cool PPP) that would look natural and polished and I found it with Syrup. This is a light, soft pink that lasts forever and feels great. It has no shimmer, which is nice for the times when you want to wear makeup without looking like you are;) I like this lippie and will purchase again, especially for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by staratdusk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lustre lipsticks are my absolute favorite because I love piling on lip balm but with some color. I love putting this on for its conditioning qualities, and it delivers color like no other "colored balms" or glosses that are popular out there.

Hug Me is my HG shade, but my local MAC counter had run out of it and after much deliberation I purchased syrup as my alternative. Hug me is the classic pinky beige, very similar to Twig in color and goes on the same color as Spice lipliner. Syrup, as someone mentioned before, is very similar to Sequin, sans ths shimmer and with a much more sheer ,lovely texture. I'm Asian but cool-toned colors always have worked well for me, so be a little cautious if you are very yellow-toned, but otherwise this really is a beautiful lip color that enhances your natural lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by stilagirl9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this color! On me it's a rosy-pink YLBB color, which means I need to wear cool clothing and makeup with this lippie. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2003 12:37:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this color! Shiny pink/mauve, a great your lips but better color. It is very light when applied, so if your looking for something dark this is not it. I love this as my everyday lipstick, feels nice and creamy on and wears well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2003 7:07:00 AM More reviews by mere1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely sheer plum/pink. Probably the nicest MAC l/s I've found, and one of the few I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2003 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect lipstick for fair skinned girls, a sheer, glossy mauve pink. The lustre lipsticks are nice because they feel really smooth going on. I plan on repurchasing this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2003 8:05:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC lipstick so far - sequin was my first favorite, but Syrup has replaced it, it is so easy to wear, goes with everything and feels devine on my lips! i have brown hair and brown eyes and an olive complexion, this is light enough to not scream 'look at my lips' but dresses me up a bit for work or on weekends, a day shade, but wonderful! love the lustre!!