Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

3.7

on 10/25/2011 3:55:00 AM

This stuff is too liquidy. It drips into my eyes whenever I try to get it super close to my lashes and it stings like tell for 20 minutes . I'd rather pay more forva better product

on 10/25/2011 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Unlike everyone else, this stuff just doesn't do it for me. I figured from the name it would be a deep black with almost a lacquer effect, have some shine to it- if that makes sense. Sorta in the same way as a good high priced gel liner would or even the very affordable (and excellent) Cover Girl Ultra Eyeliner. You know, a dramatic nighttime look. Now I could have overlooked the whole dramatic eye thing and simply used this liner as a daytime “throw on and go” staple had the applicator not been such a huge disappointment. I got zero precision- zip, nadda. I ended up with a wabbly look- an uneven line no matter how I tried to correct and even this out. Also, this didn't stay put at all. The applicator is pretty janky I think- this is likely why product goes on thin and dull and for sure why it doesn't glide on. My gut says this is one of those products in which will be discontinued within a few years.

on 10/16/2011 4:28:00 PM

I like it. It is easy to apply and can get into the corner of my eyes. However, it is not very opaque.

on 10/16/2011 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product a few years back. And recently came back to it after trying so many other liquid liner brands. Its a great liner, easy to apply, and is a matte bkack which is a plus for me. :)

on 10/16/2011 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a great eyeliner! This has replaced my L'oreal eyeliner. The Maybelline stiletto line and the L'oreal felt tip are VERY similar, but the Maybelline one is smaller and can create finer lines. The only downside is the color isnt as rich as the L'oreal one, but if you layer it on then it looks great :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is hands down my favorite liquid liner! Easy to apply, has a nice sheen to it, isn't just a flat black. But it's definitely a dark black (so I'm confused about the other comments....) It doesn't flake on me at all. If my eyes water a bit, yeah it will come off, but I did not purchase a waterproof version, so I did not expect it to stay on. However, for a normal day, it stays on very well. I like that its inexpensive and readily available. I was using the Kat Von D liquid liner before and I like this one a lot better!

on 10/16/2011 3:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After being married to the Wet N Wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner in Black for 5 years I have to say, I did take it for granted and searched for another partner... But boy you don't know what you got till it's gone! Lmao Seriously, this is NOTHING compared to my W&W MegaLiner liquid eyeliner.

This looks terrible on my eyes, I have it in BLACKEST BLACK and its definitely not that color, it dries to a dullish black/dead black. It applies very tacky, it dries before im done applying the wing which leaves me dippin for more over and over. The applicator is hard to work with. The finish is nothing nearly as good as W&WMLE. Horrible. Not to mention the dramatic price whopping at nearly 9$. D: Where as my w&w liner is only like 2-3$.

Before I return it back to K-mart i'm going to give it another shot.

on 10/8/2011 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When it comes to eyeliners and mascara i find a good cheap brand will suffice. Maybelle line stiletto is a reliable friend when it comes to achieving a smudge free perfect cat eye look. This product comes off pretty easy, however you will need to get a good eye makeup remover if you don't want to be continually rubbing your eye area.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i bought this because my CVS was out of my favorite revlon liquid eye pen. i find the brush is hard to hold when applying but once on it has nice staying power. i personally wouldn't buy it again because i like liquid pens then these types of liquid liners.

on 9/21/2011 6:03:00 PM

I was looking for an eyeliner and bought this on a whim as it was on sale at the drugstore. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use and the staying power. I can put this on in the early morning and it will be only slighly smudgy in the early evening. The only downside is that it takes forever to dry so you need to have extra time for this, otherwise it will smudge. For this reason, I don't wear it everyday but will wear it when I can carve out some extra minutes of drying time.