Stila Creme Bouquet

3.5

on 8/26/2002 2:30:00 PM

I thought that the smell was okay. It did smell "creamier" on the test strip, however. I have received numerous compliments on this fragrance and I do enjoy wearing it, though you really have to enjoy sweet, vanilla smells to get into this one.

BUT- the best and most interesting aspect of this frangrance is the way it makes my skin look. It leaves a dewey, shiny glow on my chest and shoulders. Great!

on 8/21/2002 12:26:00 PM

I love the concept! A fragrance with several coordinating lotions to personalize the scent. The pressed flowers on the bottle are very cute.

The fragrance itself is nice (sweet, soft, slightly powdery), but smells a lot like baby lotion which you can buy at a fraction of the cost if you want to smell like a baby. continued >>

on 8/16/2002 5:09:00 PM

I got a delux sample made for me the last time I went to Sephora. I was expecting it to be really "raenkee" like everyone else has been saying... but I didn't think it was all that bad. I like vanilla and floral scents usually, but I had a hard time smelling any florals in there. The scent reminded me of the vanilla inscence my college roommate used to burn (illegally. haha) in our dorm room. It's a *nice* perfume... but NOT $50 nice!!! Go get a vanilla essential oil and you'll get the same effect for less $

on 8/13/2002 2:56:00 PM

Yuck! This highly anticipated fragrance is just plain nasty. It is disgustingly sweet and powdery. The three top notes are Vanilla, Pink Lilac, and Lily of the Valley. Unfortunately, this smells like cheap perfume, but at $50, it is certainly not. Its a shame, because the concept of layering lotions to customize the fragrance is really cool. Too bad this fragrance is just too awful to really execute that concept.

on 8/13/2002 5:54:00 AM

This reminds me of powder, flowers, suntan lotion and play-doh. yuck!!!

on 8/7/2002 5:31:00 PM

I know I am in the minority here, but I really love this scent. On me it smells very light and powdery, with hints of lilac. It is fairly strong and doesn't fade quickly like so many other fragrances. It is a bit pricey, but no more so than FRESH or any of the other trendy perfume brands. And the bottle is adorable. I probably won't repurchase, as I get very bored and like to switch around alot. For reference, my favorite perfume is DK Cashmere Mist. I think if you like that one, you'll really like this too.

on 8/5/2002 1:05:00 PM

I didn't find this quite as horrifying as the other reviewers. This is a sweet, powdery floral. At first sniff, it reminded me of Annick Goutal's "youngish" scents, Petite Cherie and Eau de Charlotte. Sweet, warm, and powdery. Next the lily of the valley note comes through and overall it seems much less complex than those scents. It then reminds me of little girl perfume. Does anyone remember that brand from the eighties, I think it was called Tinkerbell, or at the very least it had Tinkerbell graphics on the pictures? It reminds me of that. Little girl play perfume. I don't hate this, as I like sweet scents. But if you are looking for that sweet floral effect, try the Annick Goutal scents mentioned above before spending money on this. I am returning this because I think it is the sort of perfume that would nauseate those around the wearer. Not good. Also, I think this is overpriced at fifty, (the packaging is sort of cheap, I should mention) and not really representative of the whole Stila line, which I admit is part of the reason I bought it. Ah, marketing.

on 8/1/2002 1:32:00 PM

not horrid, but nothing to go out and try to find, there are many better vanilla fragrances out there.

on 7/27/2002 12:21:00 PM

I hated this fragrance. It smelled very powdery and heavy. This baby is going back to sephora!!!

on 7/26/2002 5:56:00 PM

This reminds me of Loves Baby Soft and Play_Dough! Yuck!

Popular Fragrances