August 20, 2014 | 2013 users online

Fragrances - Stila - Creme Bouquet

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2002 5:09:00 PM More reviews by cashmireacle

I got a delux sample made for me the last time I went to Sephora. I was expecting it to be really "raenkee" like everyone else has been saying... but I didn't think it was all that bad. I like vanilla and floral scents usually, but I had a hard time smelling any florals in there. The scent reminded me of the vanilla inscence my college roommate used to burn (illegally. haha) in our dorm room. It's a *nice* perfume... but NOT $50 nice!!! Go get a vanilla essential oil and you'll get the same effect for less $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2002 2:56:00 PM More reviews by D-Girl

Yuck! This highly anticipated fragrance is just plain nasty. It is disgustingly sweet and powdery. The three top notes are Vanilla, Pink Lilac, and Lily of the Valley. Unfortunately, this smells like cheap perfume, but at $50, it is certainly not. Its a shame, because the concept of layering lotions to customize the fragrance is really cool. Too bad this fragrance is just too awful to really execute that concept.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2002 5:54:00 AM More reviews by breezybri

This reminds me of powder, flowers, suntan lotion and play-doh. yuck!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2002 5:31:00 PM More reviews by glendah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know I am in the minority here, but I really love this scent. On me it smells very light and powdery, with hints of lilac. It is fairly strong and doesn't fade quickly like so many other fragrances. It is a bit pricey, but no more so than FRESH or any of the other trendy perfume brands. And the bottle is adorable. I probably won't repurchase, as I get very bored and like to switch around alot. For reference, my favorite perfume is DK Cashmere Mist. I think if you like that one, you'll really like this too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2002 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Cora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't find this quite as horrifying as the other reviewers. This is a sweet, powdery floral. At first sniff, it reminded me of Annick Goutal's "youngish" scents, Petite Cherie and Eau de Charlotte. Sweet, warm, and powdery. Next the lily of the valley note comes through and overall it seems much less complex than those scents. It then reminds me of little girl perfume. Does anyone remember that brand from the eighties, I think it was called Tinkerbell, or at the very least it had Tinkerbell graphics on the pictures? It reminds me of that. Little girl play perfume. I don't hate this, as I like sweet scents. But if you are looking for that sweet floral effect, try the Annick Goutal scents mentioned above before spending money on this. I am returning this because I think it is the sort of perfume that would nauseate those around the wearer. Not good. Also, I think this is overpriced at fifty, (the packaging is sort of cheap, I should mention) and not really representative of the whole Stila line, which I admit is part of the reason I bought it. Ah, marketing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2002 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

not horrid, but nothing to go out and try to find, there are many better vanilla fragrances out there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2002 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hated this fragrance. It smelled very powdery and heavy. This baby is going back to sephora!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2002 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Robean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This reminds me of Loves Baby Soft and Play_Dough! Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2002 9:37:00 AM More reviews by estesmcc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this at Sephora and was so glad I only sprayed it on the blotter. Way too much Creme and not enough bouquet! This smelled almost fake and cheapy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2002 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells like these little toffee candies my great aunt used to like to give me as a kid. Somehow, they would come unwrapped in her purse so they would be all fuzzy and sticky.
Worst part of it was that she would never just hand the fuzzball to you, you'd have to go through the old "Open your mouth and close your eyes, I've got a surprise for you" bit. I used to spit them out in her houseplants when she wasn't looking.