October 31, 2014 | 1444 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have actually been using this one as a mask since I already have a scrub I use; just get a little chunk and add a tiny bit of water to make it a paste and smooth over your face. I wear it for 10 minutes, but I don't have sensitive skin so that may be too long for some people. I had used an Origins charcoal mask in the past but was not impressed, this on the other hand is awesome! My skin glows after using it and it has really helped to clear up a lot of congestion around my nose. I have a packed full container that was $14 and I think it's a great value, seeing as how I could drop $30 on a mask from Bliss or some other HE brand and get half the uses out of it. Also, with this you can control the consistency by adding more or less water. This one is an all around winner and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I do love the name! Very Gothic. I have oily skin that reacts badly to certain ingredients and can be a bit delicate (split personality!). I need to use Dark Angels with care, since it is *very* abrasive. I've been mixing it with a dab of Angels on Bare Skin, and using it 2x a week; or using it by itself, very gently, once a week. I just pat it on and rinse it off, "swirling" it over the skin a bit. Caution: no actual scrubbing is necessary! I also need to wait a bit before applying any products afterwards, because it sensitizes my face for a few minutes. And I may not be able to use it in dry winter weather. Overall, I think I'm better off with AOBS or Ocean Salt, but if you have a thicker skin than I do, you should give Dark Angels a try.EDITED: I'm upgrading this to 4 lippies, because it does such a great job of deep-cleaning and smoothing my skin! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by idontknowmomo

This product is very nice. I love the smell of it and the consistency after I add a bit of water and massage it onto my face. I only use it about once a week, because it seems kind of pricey. Makes my skin feel so soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product really works wonders. It's a dark black, crumbly substance that is extremely abrasive (not for sensitive skin!!). I have really temperamental skin so I just use this once a week, but after I use it my skin feels so....clean! It's really difficult to describe the results that one gets from using this product. It reminds me of lava rock (not as painful of course) and cleans up blackheads and breakouts while softening your skin. I apply using just a little on a spongelike pad and rub quickly in little circles. I love it and, although I am no fan of Lush's pricing, I think this product lives up to the price. It's very quality and a little goes a long way :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE dark angels. i alternate between using this and angels on bare skin throughout the week. it's too rough for my skin to handle it on a daily basis but the dark angel days are my favorite! i don't notice much of a scent, and it does make a mess of the sink, but it works so well. after use my skin is noticeably brighter and SO soft.

my skin is pretty normal, i have an occasional bout with oiliness or dryness and maybe one pimple a month. this doesn't dry me out and i do believe it helps control oil, but given the fact that my skin doesn't have any major problems in the first place it's hard to say what skin type this would be best for. my skin loves it though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by wiresinhisheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i used dark angels for probably six months or so and while it helped with the scarring i had from acne to the point that it almost completely faded and my skin was perfectly smooth, ive realised it is just too harsh to use on my skin and actually dried my skin out which caused it to look aged for a while. i also feel like the exfoliating particles are just too big and jagged to be used on delicate facial skin.
the packaging is not very good either, if you use it in the shower the pot can easily get water in it, causing the face scrub to go soggy and horrible, but there isnt really another way it can be packaged conveniently.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by missriss2012

I received a sample of Dark Angels on my last visit to my LUSH store. I think this might be a little harsh for everyday use, but on those days where I am feeling particularly oily I think this is perfect for getting rid of the excess oil on my face. The SA described this product to me as a "low-carb Coal Face". The smell isn't all that pleasing but I can put up with it every now and then when I need to use this cleanser. I'll be buying a full size of this when my sample runs out.

UPDATE. I bought a full size of this and have been alternating with my AOBS every couple of days. It is really helping reduce my oil production and it is a nice and gentle exfoliant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

When I ran out of my usual Clean+Clear face scrub I decided to go to Lush to check out their new stuff. I was looking for something for my crazy combo skin that I would be able to use all year long.. something to clear it out without over drying or adding oil. I was recommended Dark Angels as a face scrub and it's alright.

First of all - the scent is amazing. It just smells wonderfully clean and earthy. It also feels great on my skin once I work it up into a paste - it's not too rough, but it smoothes out my skin like crazyness. It does mess up the sink quite a bit though.. because it IS black! But in the end, my skin is significanty softer and my makeup goes on more nicely.

Great for cleaning and exfoliating in one go, but not for controlling oil. I also find it does get stuck in my pores a bit. So it's annoying to scrub it out.

Bottom line - it is DEFINITELY worth a try if you want a good clean scrub that will help keep your skin clear. And it smells wicked !!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sleepingapple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin, and using Dark Angels has actually cut down on my skin's oil production. Since switching over to this cleanser (I know some people are saying it is a scrub and some people are saying it is a cleanser, but I am using this as my cleanser and Ocean Salt as my scrub), I only have to wash my face once a day. I use this in the shower at night-it gets a little messy-and then follow with a toner and moisturizer. In the morning, I just rinse and tone, and I am ready to go. This has honestly been a miracle product for me in terms of oil control. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Holly1234

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it was a cleanser. It's not. I'm happy for the mistake since this is possibly the best scrub I've ever tried. I cannot believe how smooth it makes my skin. It's not particularly moisturizing or drying, just does a fantastic job as an exfoliator. It's a mess to use though, which is my only complaint. You have to scoop a small piece out of the jar, mash it around on your hand and smear it on your face. And it's coal black (hence the name.) My husband tried it and thought I was playing a practical joke on him. But he was really impressed with the results too. Great product and I will certainly be buying again.