August 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Lisau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After months of reading reviews, picking up the bottle and putting it back, I finally bought Mademoiselle - and yes, all I can say is 'why did I wait so long!' This is a gorgeous sheer, very sophisticated and modern. Definite HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Love this - gorgeous shiny white-pink color. Just the right amount of pigmentation. Easy to apply. No streaks. Perfecto.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous polish!!! it's a very sheer light pink, it looks very natural on my nails. you can't go wrong with this color :) love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by spongepocket

My nails literally ache if I am not wearing this polish. It doesn't get much more sophisticated than this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ohthatgirl

Mademoiselle was okay for me...a little too milky for my taste and it applied thicker and pinker than I expected after 2 coats. And with one coat it looks like plain ole regular clear polish. I'm not fond of this color on me and don't find it very flattering. I'm so happy I did a trial run with the polish before the few interviews I have this week. I'm not having much luck with Essie. For reference, I'm GGG.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2006 2:16:00 PM More reviews by DCMALJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my French mani HG pink. Yes, it can be a little streaky, but I think most sheer, milky colors are. Perfect for a subtle French, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

384 Mademoiselle is a is a beautiful, sheer, pale nude pink. Very clean and natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 3:06:00 PM More reviews by JanM

This is a good nude, my-nails-but-better colour, a little warmer in tone than a cool pink. I have a bit of a problem with Essie brushes, I find that I have to take more time and care to make sure that I don't get any streaking, but for the most part my fears are unfounded and I end up with streak free even coverage. Interestingly, and what tips this into the stratosphere in my opinion is that I had a bottle of this knocking around in a bag with a load of other colours, half empty, hadn't used for at least a year, and when I tried it again it was perfect, not thick or goopy. Now that is quality!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Juicy_TNA

I compared this to OPI's Bubble Bath which I absolutely adore for an effortless timeless look. This is just as good. The consistancy is lighter and the finish is sheerer and glossier. The difference is that Mademoiselle is a clearer milky pink whereas BB is a whiter milky pink and more opaque when layered. I still prefer BB but M comes in at second for sure. Both these polishes are must haves in my collection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by gal_26

This is a brilliant shade for everyday. I have tried a lot of similar nude colours but this is the only one I have tried that doesn't look streaky. Easy to apply and always looks as if I've had a pro manicure! I bet this would look good on everyone. UPDATE!! I've just knocked a lippy off as I think this chips and peels too easily. For that it isn't really worth it,but I still really like the colour.