Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 2/21/2012 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product makes my foundation absolutely waterproof and my look lasts all day. It's very very light and really weightless. I've tried plenty of primers but none that were this light yet powerful. I buff it in using the large Hourglass brush. Definitely going to repurchase.

on 2/18/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love love love. I have tried countless primers for my very oily skin. This is the only one that has actually minimized my blotting from every 2 hours to maybe 4 or 5 if my makeup has been on for 12+ hours. I work early mornings so I apply my makeup at 5am, and it stays on till I shower around 6-7pm. Depending on what foundation I pair it with.(mufe hd doesn't hold up as well, but my Loreal truematch, mac matchmaster, and smashbox studios skin, and revlon colorstay all work great for me with it.) But yea... I shelled out $60 cdn for this. Call me crazy, but if you come across a product that actually works for you and meets your high demands, its really worth it. Im 28, and after trying primer after primer that claims to control oil and fails, and needing to blot every 2 hours is a pain in the butt. I want to add that I don't even need to use a full pump of this. about half a pump is all I need, I get no "white cast" that other reviewers talk about, for ref, Im an nc25-30
I do also feel though that finding the right skin cleanser and moisturizer is also key to how your makekup hold up throught the day.
I also read some revews about there being a trial size? If its the little one next to the oil free mineral veil, then its a complelty different product all together. I asked the sales acc the difference between the two and the smaller was not oil free...different formulation. This might be why some reveiwers found the "travel size" not working for them.

on 2/18/2012 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this ages ago and used it a few times with different foundations (I only wear primer and foundation when going out, use chantecaille future skin everyday) then it sat on my bathroom cabinet for about 6 months. Used it last night wit Estée Lauder DW light and it was like BOOM match made in heaven! Was a bit naughty (ok a lot naughty) and fell into bed when I got gome without taking my makeup off and lo and behold it was still perfect this morning! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE I will never neglect this baby again!

on 2/11/2012 11:26:00 AM

I ADORE this primer! It goes on smoothly and doesn't feel greasy at all. I have combination skin and tend to get oily in some areas by the afternoon and this cuts that down while keeping my makeup in place all day:)

It's expensive but you only have to use a tiny bit so it's well worth it:)

on 2/7/2012 6:25:00 PM

I have never been big on primers; I always buy them use em for a week then forget about them. This primer gets alot of praise for it's ingredients. It doesn't mattify your face like other primers do; to me it seems moisturizing.

If I had to pick one primer to use I would go for this one; esp. because it's water proof. I can't wait to try this in the hot humid summer weather to see how my makeup holds up.

on 1/29/2012 3:30:00 PM

So smooth and velvety I can wear this on its own without TM or foundation; by itself it evens out my skin tone, diminishes the look of my pores, controls oil without looking dry, and has mineral sunscreen (i.e. doesn't break me out and actually seems to calm my mild rosacea--that's the zinc). I'm pale, so maybe that's why I can wear it by itself, but on casual days it certainly streamlines my routine. Love it.

on 1/24/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not a primer expert but I have tried a few in the past. I have dry skin and need a primer that will help foundation apply more smoothly and last longer. This feels like a lotion without the silicone slip to it. It feels very different from other primers I've used. I notice that my foundation lasts a lot longer but somehow, it makes my foundation look much cakier than usual regardless of what foundation I was using! I even look OLDER and I have never experienced this with any primer. I suppose this could possibl work extremely well for those with oily skin but it just didn't work well with my dry skin.

on 1/24/2012 6:45:00 PM

Good primer.... yes it is expensive, but I wait for my Sephora VIB discounts to purchase this ....... this helps make my face smooth and helps with lighter foundations (BB creams) ....... Hourglass is a fantastic product line and I swear by their Vein Mineral Primer as well as their eyeshadows. I find that I like No. 28 better as it makes my face feel smooth and soft as well as works better with my foundation. Good choice for lighter foundation formulas or bb creams.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff feels great on my skin! I'm used to Primers that are silicone based, and I can tell that this is definitely not. It feels very different than, say, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. That one feels silicone-y to me. Hourglass feels like a matte lotion and a little goes a long way! It comes out as a white, opaque color, and as you spread it along your face, it does leave a slight white-ish sheen, which is nice for me because it evens out my skin tone for a clean, clear palette to set my foundation on. It doesn't feel greasy at all, to me. My foundation glided right over my face after application of this primer, and after I wore it a few hours, then I ended up falling asleep, and not washing my face for the whole next day :/ That's definitely not typical of me, but it was nice to not see my bare skin showing through even after sleeping and having my face buried in a pillow for hours. I'm happy with this primer and won't be looking for anything else (unless of course something new comes out that I absolutely HAVE to try)!! Haha :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I got this 2 weeks ago & absolutely love it! I have tried SO many other primers & they all broke me out. This has an amazing feel to it & sinks right in. I have no issues with my skin & this primer. My skin looks better after I apply. I mix it with my foundation & put on w/ my beauty blender. I got the bigger bottle but they also have a smaller one for half the cost. This will last me a LONG time. I will definately repurchase this forever!