LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 2/20/2003 1:45:00 AM

I swear I wrote a review of this before, but it seems to have disappeared :T Anyway, first of all: packaging. It's not that great because it's in a cardboard container, so make sure you don't put it anywhere near water. The top also gets full of powder because when you tip some out and put it back on the table, the powder still comes out as you're tilting it back.. hard to explain, but basically, it's quite messy. Quality wise, this powder is super super finely milled and has a light pretty, feminine scent. It really does feel "silky" on the skin, but I find myself reaching for the other LUSH powders because this one doesn't have shimmer in it, it's completely matte. But one's loss is another's gain, as I know many out there are after a non-shimmery body powder - and this would be it. continued >>

on 2/20/2003 1:23:00 AM

I love this dusting powder. It has a wonderful, delicate scent - not too strong. But the packaging is awful, I cannot avoid making a mess with it.

on 1/3/2003 5:47:00 PM

I had heard so many people rave how much they loved this product. I picked Silky Underwear up when I was stocking up on those lovely bath bombs in Victoria, and was anxious to try it. I found the powder to be unrefined, not very well milled at all. In fact, it almost had a crumbly texture to it. The scent was warm, pleasant and feminine, but my skin did not feel any silkier than it would with any other powder, and because its so unrefined, its hard to get it out of the shaker and very messy. Its okay, but will not re-purchase.

on 12/7/2002 6:23:00 PM

Whats the big deal about this powder? I agree with Mayra, I think everybody is into this and other LUSH products because you can't get them in the U.S. I dont see what it's so wonderful about it. I bought it was not impressed in the least.

on 11/11/2002 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Firstly, the packaging of this powder is terrible! The holes are way too big - I don't know why they don't make the box with a bunch of small holes like Johnson & Johnson's baby powder. I had heard raves about this product and although it doesn't live up to its hype, it's feels pretty nice after a shower. Nothing remarkable but a good choice for a body powder. I like this one out of all the Lush powders.

on 10/19/2002 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

If I were married to Jay-z I would order this at every whim. But I am not, so I guess this is just a whim product, not necessary. But I DO love it.

on 9/9/2002 6:01:00 PM

My question is: WHO is using this powder and for what reason? It was silky and nicely scented but what do I need this for? I had it in my basket throught my LUSH store foraging but could not justify the purchase so I gladly left it behind. I think part of the hype is the fact that is not available in the US. If I wanted scented non-talc powder I could use Cornstarch scented at home with organic lavender or rose petals. Or I can always walk up to Barney's and buy Kiehls.

on 9/2/2002 5:52:00 PM

To tell you the truth, at first I didn't care for the scent. But, after I applied it, it grew on me. I really love wearing powder and this one is really nice. Although I didn't find any "bits of coco butter", (which was a disapointment) I will continue to use this in the future. Rave!

on 8/8/2002 12:38:00 AM

Another winner from Lush! A great talc-free powder with cocoa butter! It really made my skin feel soft and smooth. Not to mention it smells wonderful! The scent wasn't long lasting on me, but that's fine. I prefer products that don't compete with my perfume.
It kept me dry and fresh as well. Definitely a product I will re-purchase, despite the crummy packaging ;)

on 6/29/2002 2:54:00 PM

I guess I'm not a big powder user, so I didn't see the appeal. I used it several times before swapping it.