LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 1/3/2003 5:47:00 PM

I had heard so many people rave how much they loved this product. I picked Silky Underwear up when I was stocking up on those lovely bath bombs in Victoria, and was anxious to try it. I found the powder to be unrefined, not very well milled at all. In fact, it almost had a crumbly texture to it. The scent was warm, pleasant and feminine, but my skin did not feel any silkier than it would with any other powder, and because its so unrefined, its hard to get it out of the shaker and very messy. Its okay, but will not re-purchase.

on 12/7/2002 6:23:00 PM

Whats the big deal about this powder? I agree with Mayra, I think everybody is into this and other LUSH products because you can't get them in the U.S. I dont see what it's so wonderful about it. I bought it was not impressed in the least.

on 11/11/2002 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Firstly, the packaging of this powder is terrible! The holes are way too big - I don't know why they don't make the box with a bunch of small holes like Johnson & Johnson's baby powder. I had heard raves about this product and although it doesn't live up to its hype, it's feels pretty nice after a shower. Nothing remarkable but a good choice for a body powder. I like this one out of all the Lush powders.

on 10/19/2002 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

If I were married to Jay-z I would order this at every whim. But I am not, so I guess this is just a whim product, not necessary. But I DO love it.

on 9/9/2002 6:01:00 PM

My question is: WHO is using this powder and for what reason? It was silky and nicely scented but what do I need this for? I had it in my basket throught my LUSH store foraging but could not justify the purchase so I gladly left it behind. I think part of the hype is the fact that is not available in the US. If I wanted scented non-talc powder I could use Cornstarch scented at home with organic lavender or rose petals. Or I can always walk up to Barney's and buy Kiehls.

on 9/2/2002 5:52:00 PM

To tell you the truth, at first I didn't care for the scent. But, after I applied it, it grew on me. I really love wearing powder and this one is really nice. Although I didn't find any "bits of coco butter", (which was a disapointment) I will continue to use this in the future. Rave!

on 8/8/2002 12:38:00 AM

Another winner from Lush! A great talc-free powder with cocoa butter! It really made my skin feel soft and smooth. Not to mention it smells wonderful! The scent wasn't long lasting on me, but that's fine. I prefer products that don't compete with my perfume.
It kept me dry and fresh as well. Definitely a product I will re-purchase, despite the crummy packaging ;)

on 6/29/2002 2:54:00 PM

I guess I'm not a big powder user, so I didn't see the appeal. I used it several times before swapping it.

on 6/17/2002 11:10:00 AM

This stuff is awesome!!!! It makes my skin so soft and smells soooo good. Like vanilla. Oh, this is definitely a must have! I am hooked!

on 6/13/2002 12:57:00 PM

This powder smells sooooooo good! The scent is very warm and buttery with a slight hint of jasmine. This powder leaves my skin soft and silky. It does not 'feel' like other powders which are normally quite drying. This is probably due to the cocoa butter particles it contains. However, the packaging needs some improvement. The holes are too big and things can get rather messy. I emptied some into a baby powder duster container that comes with a puff, and this is a much better method of application. Sadly though, Lush is not available in Malaysia and I have to stick to swapping. Lush products can be found at: lushcanada.com or lush.com.au or lush.co.uk.

Top Rated LUSH Products