Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 2/14/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very high-quality brush for only $15!! I first was debating whether to buy this brush or the highlighting brush(it looks like the MAC 187 stippling skunk brush) for foundation and I ended up buying this brush. This is the black ergonomic curvy brush that fits perfectly in your hand. When I came home I looked on it's reviews & found out people use this for cream blush or mineral makeup and I don't use either! I tried this with my bronzer & I really like it!! It blends very well & is SUPER SOFT! Now I want every brush from the Sonia Kashuk ergonomic line. I also went back to buy the highlighting brush & LOVE IT!

**EDIT**

So I ended up swapping this because I NEVER used it! I started to miss it & I never really gave it a chance with my liquid foundations. I finally re-swapped it & I LOVE how it applies my Chanel MAT Lumiere! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

on 2/14/2010 12:32:00 AM

I've had this brush for.... about two years, and it hasn't fallen apart or shed any hairs or anything. I've used it to apply mineral foundation and liquid foundation and I think it works better for mineral since it's quite, quite dense and a bit stiff for liquid, I think. But it'll still work really well for liquid regardless. I really like the Sonia Kashuk brushes. They are great quality and very nicely designed (I like when brushes aren't completely round because then they roll off of surfaces lol). I would not use this for blush since I'm afraid it would put too much blush on!

on 2/12/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush is amazingly soft and dense, and it holds its shape very well. I use it for powder foundation and translucent powder, and it fits perfectly in spaces like the sides of my nose and under my lip. I don't use it for blush just because I worry that the blush would be too concentrated, seeing as how small the brush actually is. Maybe I just need to play around with it a little more. The handle's shape is interesting, but I can't tell whether I love it or think it's strange and unnecessary. Either way, I would definitely get a backup.

I wish I knew about this brush before I shelled out for an expensive, high-end duo-fiber brush! I use it for foundation and I can't imagine using anything else. It's very soft, does not shed or bleed and applies makeup so smoothly. I plan on buying another to actually use for blush.
UPDATE: I recently acquired the Sigma F80 and it's much better than this brush. The individual bristles are finer but still densely packed making my foundation look much more airbrushed. I just wanted to add this tidbit for those of you wondering how it compares.

on 2/12/2010 4:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is the first flat brush I've purchased and I luv it. Its super soft and leaves a nice finish when I use it with foundation. It makes me want to try other SK brushes... $16.00 is a lil pricey in my opinion but I would buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

WOW. this brush. it's amazing. i bought it just because. and i got home, without knowing what to do with it. then one day i suddenly decided to use it as a contour. and let me tell me. i tried contouring wiht so many different brushes, i.e. mac 168, 109, none of that works for me and when i finally decided to give up, i tried this brush. and O.M.G. it worked wonders. and compare to those pricey mac brushes, this one is almost next to nothing. i would totally repurchase. and this has quickly moved up to HG status for me :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This brush is soooo soft. It feels like silk against the skin. I use it when I am applying liquid or my MAC Studio Tech foundation and it gives a flawless finish. Best thing since slice bread. I love this brush and would def recommend it.

on 2/8/2010 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Justing joining in the echo of all the raves. I bought this because MUA said it was great and it is. LOVE IT!

on 2/8/2010 8:24:00 PM

Excellent brush! One of my top 5 favorite brushes. I use it for liquid foundation - does a great job. You end up using the tiniest amount of product and get amazing look. Stopped using all my foundation brushes when I got this. The 187 brush doesn't work as well as this, imo. GET THIS - esp if on sale, don't think twice.

on 2/8/2010 6:04:00 PM

LOVE this, I use it for cream blusher but I also notice it deals with fdtn beautifully too. I can only echo all the raves below me:this brush is soft, elegant, effective, and essential! Don't hesitate on this purchase.

Popular Makeup Brushes