October 25, 2014 | 1120 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I use this for contouring and it works amazing. Mac Blunt in conjunction with this is my fav bc a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mloman

After reading all of the reviews on this brush, I had to try it. I have to say, it's pretty amazing! I tried it with my liquid foundation and it made my face look pretty much flawless. I am a MUA and normally use either a flat foundation brush, or a sponge on my myself as well as my clients, but I will def plan on using this brush in the future. As a matter of fact, I went back out to my Target this afternoon to buy another one and they were sold out. I will be heading out to another Target tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by erinabeta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is seriously the Messiah of brushes. I am not even kidding. This applies my MAC Studio Fluid Fix like a dream. I used to have to really baby it to prevent streaks or visible brush strokes and experimented with all sorts of application techniques and tools, like a damp sponge, a dry sponge, and MAC brushes 190, 168, and 187, not to mention a Jane Iredale and a couple other brands and shapes. Nothing has ever applied it as flawlessly as this puppy right here, or as easily. When I used it for the first time, I applied a little foundation to my forehead and swept it across the skin and literally said, "OH HOLY SHI-." It was that good. I daresay it looked airbrushed. And on top of that, the whole job took under a minute to apply it to perfection. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this bad boy.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Blusher Brush to apply blush--it's perfect for creating a pop of color on the apples of the cheeks. This brush has super-soft, dense bristles and doesn't shed in my experience (I've washed it many times now).

Of my few blush brushes, this and my Sonia Kashuk Highlighting Brush (AKA "The Skunkicorn") are by far my favorites. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by LJT1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite brush!! I'm also using it for my foundation and it saved me from tossing my Peter Thomas Roth foundation. I couldn't get a natural looking application with my normal foundation brush, so it got pushed to the back of my makeup closet. I used this brush with the same foundation, and now I couldn't be happier! I'd never go back to a flat brush for my foundation, it helps acheive that flawless complexion without tons of products and effort!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by aelizabethe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! Almost all of my makeup brushes cost $30 and up and out of those I would say that 60-70% shed horribly, especially the face brushes. This brush costs under $20, it works wonderfully and it doesn't shed, I don't really know what else to say but that this brush is awesome! I get even distribution of makeup when using it to apply blush on the apples of my cheeks, it also works really well to blend out blush/highlighters and the best part is I don't have to go back and pick tiny hairs off my face. I would most definitely buy this brush again and I would definitely recommend it to others!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by AdBubble

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough about this brush! I've had it for a couple of months now and it's still in excellent condition. The brush has not lost any fibers and I wash my brushes multiple times a week. This was a great purchase and I recommend this to anyone who needs a awesome brush without putting a dent in the wallet. Also I've only used my brush for blush, it's perfect for the apples of you cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Cheriseeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the ONLY brush i have EVER liked for my foundations. And i have about 5 different foundation brushes. I know its for blush but it smooths on foundation like no other without smearing it all around. I find those flattish round brushes just dont give me enough coverage and are streaky. This brush gives me a flawless application. And gives me tons of coverage. Sometimes too much cover so you have to be careful. I get a bit heavy handed with my foundation at times. Because i'd like to have flawless skin. I really dont think its necessary to even use a powder after applying liquid foundation with this because it applies so well and flawlessly. I find my face looks cakey after i apply powder on top of my foundation. I do wish it was a bit bigger though.. It takes awhile to get your whole face since is only about an inch or a half inch wide. It's also a bit hard to clean but i dont find my brush taking 2 days to dry its dries enough overnight for me. The price is a bit high but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by cutevwbug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really great brush. Got it at Target. Not super super cheap but, worth it. I think it was $16 or so. Very dense, high quality bristles. I use it for foundation (stipling). Makes your foundation look air brushed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I'm impressed. For a Target brush this is amazing. As a whole I'm pretty impressed with what I've tried from the Sonia Kashuk line, but this brush is the best. Its so soft and dense... I've been using it just for powder blush, but after reading this reviews I think I need to pick up a second one to apply foundation with. I love it for blush though because the shape is perfect for getting the apples of the cheeks just right! I feel like this brush will last forever, but I still want to pick up a few more!