Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 2/14/2010 12:32:00 AM

I've had this brush for.... about two years, and it hasn't fallen apart or shed any hairs or anything. I've used it to apply mineral foundation and liquid foundation and I think it works better for mineral since it's quite, quite dense and a bit stiff for liquid, I think. But it'll still work really well for liquid regardless. I really like the Sonia Kashuk brushes. They are great quality and very nicely designed (I like when brushes aren't completely round because then they roll off of surfaces lol). I would not use this for blush since I'm afraid it would put too much blush on!

on 2/12/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush is amazingly soft and dense, and it holds its shape very well. I use it for powder foundation and translucent powder, and it fits perfectly in spaces like the sides of my nose and under my lip. I don't use it for blush just because I worry that the blush would be too concentrated, seeing as how small the brush actually is. Maybe I just need to play around with it a little more. The handle's shape is interesting, but I can't tell whether I love it or think it's strange and unnecessary. Either way, I would definitely get a backup.

I wish I knew about this brush before I shelled out for an expensive, high-end duo-fiber brush! I use it for foundation and I can't imagine using anything else. It's very soft, does not shed or bleed and applies makeup so smoothly. I plan on buying another to actually use for blush.
UPDATE: I recently acquired the Sigma F80 and it's much better than this brush. The individual bristles are finer but still densely packed making my foundation look much more airbrushed. I just wanted to add this tidbit for those of you wondering how it compares.

on 2/12/2010 4:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is the first flat brush I've purchased and I luv it. Its super soft and leaves a nice finish when I use it with foundation. It makes me want to try other SK brushes... $16.00 is a lil pricey in my opinion but I would buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

WOW. this brush. it's amazing. i bought it just because. and i got home, without knowing what to do with it. then one day i suddenly decided to use it as a contour. and let me tell me. i tried contouring wiht so many different brushes, i.e. mac 168, 109, none of that works for me and when i finally decided to give up, i tried this brush. and O.M.G. it worked wonders. and compare to those pricey mac brushes, this one is almost next to nothing. i would totally repurchase. and this has quickly moved up to HG status for me :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This brush is soooo soft. It feels like silk against the skin. I use it when I am applying liquid or my MAC Studio Tech foundation and it gives a flawless finish. Best thing since slice bread. I love this brush and would def recommend it.

on 2/8/2010 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Justing joining in the echo of all the raves. I bought this because MUA said it was great and it is. LOVE IT!

on 2/8/2010 8:24:00 PM

Excellent brush! One of my top 5 favorite brushes. I use it for liquid foundation - does a great job. You end up using the tiniest amount of product and get amazing look. Stopped using all my foundation brushes when I got this. The 187 brush doesn't work as well as this, imo. GET THIS - esp if on sale, don't think twice.

on 2/8/2010 6:04:00 PM

LOVE this, I use it for cream blusher but I also notice it deals with fdtn beautifully too. I can only echo all the raves below me:this brush is soft, elegant, effective, and essential! Don't hesitate on this purchase.

on 2/8/2010 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This brush is simply wonderful for applying mineral or powder foundation; It offers sheerer coverage than a kabuki, fuller coverage than a fluffy powder brush, and a more even handed, targeted application than either. I know this is marketed as a blusher, and I'm sure it performs beautifully for that purpose as well, but I absolutely adore it for powdered foundation. The entire Kashuk Tools line is so lovely. The sleek, ergonomic handles with matching ferrules are elegant and easy to handle, and the quality of the bristles is really extraordinary, considering the price point. What's that? Drugstore brushes that make my face look flawless, feel like silk on my skin, AND look stunning on my vanity? Why, thank you, Target! I'll take all of them, please!

EDIT: I just bought another of these; my boyfriend does theater and he "borrowed" my old one to apply his stage makeup. He says mineral foundations wear much better under stage lighting! So cute. Anyway, after a week without this brush I had to go get another. It is literally the most important beauty tool in my arsenal. I recently found that it stipples liquid and cream foundations beautifully as well.

Popular Makeup Brushes