December 17, 2014 | 1774 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by luv4juicy5308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW. this brush. it's amazing. i bought it just because. and i got home, without knowing what to do with it. then one day i suddenly decided to use it as a contour. and let me tell me. i tried contouring wiht so many different brushes, i.e. mac 168, 109, none of that works for me and when i finally decided to give up, i tried this brush. and O.M.G. it worked wonders. and compare to those pricey mac brushes, this one is almost next to nothing. i would totally repurchase. and this has quickly moved up to HG status for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by GoingNatural86

This brush is soooo soft. It feels like silk against the skin. I use it when I am applying liquid or my MAC Studio Tech foundation and it gives a flawless finish. Best thing since slice bread. I love this brush and would def recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

Justing joining in the echo of all the raves. I bought this because MUA said it was great and it is. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by sabine

Excellent brush! One of my top 5 favorite brushes. I use it for liquid foundation - does a great job. You end up using the tiniest amount of product and get amazing look. Stopped using all my foundation brushes when I got this. The 187 brush doesn't work as well as this, imo. GET THIS - esp if on sale, don't think twice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

LOVE this, I use it for cream blusher but I also notice it deals with fdtn beautifully too. I can only echo all the raves below me:this brush is soft, elegant, effective, and essential! Don't hesitate on this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sugarplum25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is simply wonderful for applying mineral or powder foundation; It offers sheerer coverage than a kabuki, fuller coverage than a fluffy powder brush, and a more even handed, targeted application than either. I know this is marketed as a blusher, and I'm sure it performs beautifully for that purpose as well, but I absolutely adore it for powdered foundation. The entire Kashuk Tools line is so lovely. The sleek, ergonomic handles with matching ferrules are elegant and easy to handle, and the quality of the bristles is really extraordinary, considering the price point. What's that? Drugstore brushes that make my face look flawless, feel like silk on my skin, AND look stunning on my vanity? Why, thank you, Target! I'll take all of them, please!

EDIT: I just bought another of these; my boyfriend does theater and he "borrowed" my old one to apply his stage makeup. He says mineral foundations wear much better under stage lighting! So cute. Anyway, after a week without this brush I had to go get another. It is literally the most important beauty tool in my arsenal. I recently found that it stipples liquid and cream foundations beautifully as well.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Akidrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading the glowing reviews for this brush I couldn't resist giving it a try, and I'm so glad I did! It's true, the brush is super soft and give a beautiful finish for liquid foundation (I used Revlon Colorstay). The handle is a little funky, but very pretty. Also the price was pretty reasonable considering the quality of the bristles and the handle. I have yet to find a Sonia Kashuk brush I don't like (but I only own 3) :-) The only reason I give it 4/5 lippies is because the head of the brush is a little small, so it takes a bit of time to do a full face (but it is meant to be a blush-brush, after all, so I can't blame the company). If you can afford $15 for a new brush, treat yourself and give this one a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I use this for contouring and it works amazing. Mac Blunt in conjunction with this is my fav bc a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mloman

After reading all of the reviews on this brush, I had to try it. I have to say, it's pretty amazing! I tried it with my liquid foundation and it made my face look pretty much flawless. I am a MUA and normally use either a flat foundation brush, or a sponge on my myself as well as my clients, but I will def plan on using this brush in the future. As a matter of fact, I went back out to my Target this afternoon to buy another one and they were sold out. I will be heading out to another Target tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by erinabeta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is seriously the Messiah of brushes. I am not even kidding. This applies my MAC Studio Fluid Fix like a dream. I used to have to really baby it to prevent streaks or visible brush strokes and experimented with all sorts of application techniques and tools, like a damp sponge, a dry sponge, and MAC brushes 190, 168, and 187, not to mention a Jane Iredale and a couple other brands and shapes. Nothing has ever applied it as flawlessly as this puppy right here, or as easily. When I used it for the first time, I applied a little foundation to my forehead and swept it across the skin and literally said, "OH HOLY SHI-." It was that good. I daresay it looked airbrushed. And on top of that, the whole job took under a minute to apply it to perfection. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this bad boy.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No