Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This brush is a high-quality one from Sonia Kashuk. I have the philosophy supenatural brush which is similar and much more expensive, probably due to the density of the bristles, but this brush seems more usable. It's soft and yet it does a wonderful job of buffing in my Lancome Dual Finish powder. It washes well. I might buy another to use for blushes since I prefer it to the philosophy one being used for blush. It's a good buy and a keeper.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

i absolutely love this brush!!! it is very soft and i use it for my studio fix powder, it applies it flawless. i will definately be picking up 2 more when i get the chance.

I've been using this as a foundation blender. I first apply my foundation, then use this to blend it. It has worked well so far.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very high-quality brush for only $15!! I first was debating whether to buy this brush or the highlighting brush(it looks like the MAC 187 stippling skunk brush) for foundation and I ended up buying this brush. This is the black ergonomic curvy brush that fits perfectly in your hand. When I came home I looked on it's reviews & found out people use this for cream blush or mineral makeup and I don't use either! I tried this with my bronzer & I really like it!! It blends very well & is SUPER SOFT! Now I want every brush from the Sonia Kashuk ergonomic line. I also went back to buy the highlighting brush & LOVE IT!

**EDIT**

So I ended up swapping this because I NEVER used it! I started to miss it & I never really gave it a chance with my liquid foundations. I finally re-swapped it & I LOVE how it applies my Chanel MAT Lumiere! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I've had this brush for.... about two years, and it hasn't fallen apart or shed any hairs or anything. I've used it to apply mineral foundation and liquid foundation and I think it works better for mineral since it's quite, quite dense and a bit stiff for liquid, I think. But it'll still work really well for liquid regardless. I really like the Sonia Kashuk brushes. They are great quality and very nicely designed (I like when brushes aren't completely round because then they roll off of surfaces lol). I would not use this for blush since I'm afraid it would put too much blush on!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush is amazingly soft and dense, and it holds its shape very well. I use it for powder foundation and translucent powder, and it fits perfectly in spaces like the sides of my nose and under my lip. I don't use it for blush just because I worry that the blush would be too concentrated, seeing as how small the brush actually is. Maybe I just need to play around with it a little more. The handle's shape is interesting, but I can't tell whether I love it or think it's strange and unnecessary. Either way, I would definitely get a backup.

I wish I knew about this brush before I shelled out for an expensive, high-end duo-fiber brush! I use it for foundation and I can't imagine using anything else. It's very soft, does not shed or bleed and applies makeup so smoothly. I plan on buying another to actually use for blush.
UPDATE: I recently acquired the Sigma F80 and it's much better than this brush. The individual bristles are finer but still densely packed making my foundation look much more airbrushed. I just wanted to add this tidbit for those of you wondering how it compares.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is the first flat brush I've purchased and I luv it. Its super soft and leaves a nice finish when I use it with foundation. It makes me want to try other SK brushes... $16.00 is a lil pricey in my opinion but I would buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

WOW. this brush. it's amazing. i bought it just because. and i got home, without knowing what to do with it. then one day i suddenly decided to use it as a contour. and let me tell me. i tried contouring wiht so many different brushes, i.e. mac 168, 109, none of that works for me and when i finally decided to give up, i tried this brush. and O.M.G. it worked wonders. and compare to those pricey mac brushes, this one is almost next to nothing. i would totally repurchase. and this has quickly moved up to HG status for me :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This brush is soooo soft. It feels like silk against the skin. I use it when I am applying liquid or my MAC Studio Tech foundation and it gives a flawless finish. Best thing since slice bread. I love this brush and would def recommend it.

Popular Makeup Brushes