Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 9/29/2005 6:13:00 PM

I don't use it to cover acne issues or anything like that. I've never bothered with that, most chicks just look terrible when they try.

I just use it to brighten tired eyes. It blends very well for me over a little bit of moisturizer and cancels out the darkness. The stick is no mess for me, just spot it on where I need it and blend with a sponge. I'm 24 so I don't have much for wrinkles, but the few I do have, it doesn't accentuate them. Undoubtedly it's not the best on the market, but it serves my needs and is very cheap. So until my eyes get super wrinkly and I need a moisturizing concealer, I'll continue to buy this.

on 8/8/2005 6:31:00 AM

When you got something you need to cover up, this will do the trick, it's incredibly creamy and soft, a little is all you need over your foundation and your ready to go. This is really quality, doesn't feel hard or too cakey.

on 7/4/2005 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a warm-toned VERY pale PPP and bought this in Fair. It is waaayy too pink for me. It's okay under my eyes, with powder over the top to correct the pinkness, but it actually makes red blemishes more noticeable! And the Light shade would be too dark. CG products in general tend toward a pinky/peachy tone rather than natural skin tones. I was kind of confused as to why this shade didn't work for me, as I *am* a perfect match with CG Pocket Powder Foundation in Ivory, the lightest shade.
Texture is kind of greasy, too.

Ok, so my circumstances of using this are a bit odd. I don't have undereye circles, but I just had a septoplasty and my eyes have dark bruises underneath them, along with yellow bruising. I looked sort of dead. I wanted to buy two dermablend concealer sticks, but couldn't justify the 17$ each for the two i needed. So I matched up the colors. I bought this and a Rimmel one of similar variety. Basically, the yellow based Rimmel covered the purple, and this pink based one covered the yellow. However, getting the application right was hard, I had to moisturize a LOT beforehand, and if the product isn't stippled on and blended, it looks crappy. I managed to make it work in the end, so it was worth it. The packaging was nice, and it was cheap. I won't need this after the bruising goes away, except maybe for a scar I have--I'd have to try it. I can see where it'd last awhile, and it worked for my situation, anyway.

The neutralizer matches my skin tone perfectly and covers my imperfections. I really have a hard time finding any concealer that matches my skin and covers blemishes, and for only for 5 dollars!

on 4/9/2005 11:51:00 PM

Best undereye concealer I tried. I bought so many of them and kept coming back to this! It doesnt cake at all and leaves your eyes looking refreshed. Cheap too, $7

I have this in Illuminator, a light and slightly pink shade. It works beautifully in blemishes, but as for undereye, it sinks into creases HORRIBLY. I won't buy again, just for that.

on 3/13/2005 11:25:00 AM

This feels so light and covers my skin nicely. I don't even want to put powder on, because this does the trick!

The Illuminator shade is great for my very fair skin. I use it to lighten large freckles or areas of sallow hyper-pigmentation. No sparkle, no scent. Cheap, non-irritating and lasts a long time! The Neutralizer shade is good for when I have red blemishes or dark circles. I find these are a great help to make my skin look perfect without foundation.

on 1/18/2005 12:35:00 AM

I'm surprised that I actually like this stuff. I've been using it for at least 6 months and it does not cause any problems with my skin. It covers really well and blends very easily. It does not get cakey but it does become dry over time. The packaging is awful! The tube cracked right off the bat and so the cover never stays on. But nevertheless I keep using it. The color fair happens to work really well on my skin. I definitely recommend this as a very inexpensive concealer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials