August 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by rachel5788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this and it actually makes me look forward to showers because this cloth feels so good on my skin. Literally, the first time I used it, I said "aahhhh" in the shower. I guess it is very rough and abrasive but you can scrub very lightly or really put a lot of pressure to get a deep clean scrub. My skin is super tough, and I put scrub on this and it felt sooooo good. My moisturizer absorbs better, my legs arent all flaky if I don't put lotion on, and it cleans my back thoroughly. I love everything about this thing plus Joie at saluxshop.com is super sweet. Without MUA, I'd never know about this little gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by vrbing05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using these for 10 years. I was introduced to them in Japan during a visit with my husband's family. We bought a ton of them to bring home and share with family. No need for a loofah or sponge, or washcloth! These towels last a long time and don't harbor bacteria like a sponge or a washcloth. I will never go back to a wash cloth again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by missymaegan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an absolute staple in Hawaii. I use the Salux Super Hard, the one that comes with the warning on the label. There's no way I could use any other bath towel because I just don't feel like I'm getting clean unless I scrub with a Salux bath towel. You'll use less soap and have more lather with this towel, that means you'll be saving money on soap and who doesn't love saving money! The exfoliation is amazing and with just one use you'll feel fresh and new. Your skin will feel softer and you'll have a wonderful overall fresh, clean feeling.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMargaret

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this towel. It exfoliates like nothing else, even Lamactin. My shins and elbows have never looked better. It all depends on how much pressure you use vs. the scratchy factor. I am giving these as Christmas presents this year; that is how much I like the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by SR19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MUA or I'd never had known such a great product exists! I've been using Boots nylon gloves for years, and this just takes the biscuit! I love it! I feel so refreshed after each shower. I highly recommend it.

EDIT 28/10/2013: I have recently discovered A Bit Of Rough Exfoliating Cloths. MUCH BETTER! Salux worsened the little bumps of keratosis pilaris on my upper arms. This new cloth by "a bit of rough" takes it all away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by modernabsurdity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm officially never buying body scrubs ever again. Imagine a meshy-poof on steroids and you get this. Not only is it a fab exfoliator, it's much more hygienic (and dries faster) than loofas or meshy-poofs. I love how easily I can scrub my back (I get bacne, boo) and it's even helped with my KP on my arms. My legs have emerged smooth and soft from their wintertime crocodile-like state. I was afraid it might be too strong for my sometimes sensitive skin, but so far it's been great. Just be gentle the first time and find a good soap or body wash to use it with. I love mine so much I've bought several as gifts for my mum, sister, and the boyfriend. Highly, highly recommended and so cheap, why not try it?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Mitsouko_Claire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ahhhhhhh so awesome. Honestly. I bought this out of curiosity after reading all the rave reviews and used it for the first time this morning. I cannot stop feeling my legs they are so crazy smooth. Please give this a go, especially if you like the body shop style exfoliating gloves: this thing is another level, very slightly scratchier, plus you can reach your back. I live in the uk, and managed to find these on ebay for about 8.00 (including p&p) for two towels. Apparently they're going at space nk for 18.00! Honestly, I would have paid even that. Thanks MUA! My legs salute you. Roll on Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by slysd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ordered this product after reading everyone's rave reviews, and I must say, count me in as a fan. I placed the order from the website on Sunday, and received my towel on Wednesday. At first the scrubbing seemed a little rough on my skin, but I got used to it very quickly. I use it with my body wash, it lathers up nicely, and scrub from neck to toe. My skin feels much softer and smoother after just a few days of use, and it even helped me get a closer shave. Best part is, since the towel is so long, I was able to scrub that one section of my back that I could never quite reach using a mesh sponge. I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even though I only used this 3-4 times a week it was just too much for my skin. While it did prevent ingrown hairs on the back of my legs, I believe it also caused me to get small red dots on my arms. The dots look like tiny broken blood vessels. Now, I did use a light touch with this cloth, I wasn't aggressive in scrubbing my skin or anything. I do think that this is an o.k. product, it's just not right for my skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ellakarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok So far I like this product. It is almost an ouch factor the first time i used it but i'm on my third use and i'm definately liking the roughness. It does leave my skin allot smoother (definately a plus for those who suffer from KP like me) which helps my moisturizer penetrate better. I wll update this review in acouple of weeks on whether it still works for me. I gave it four lippies because the packaging was kind of corny but overall i like it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No