August 21, 2014 | 2161 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by jmh1wdh2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it!! I have the Clarisonic body brush which I hate and the Salux towel is way cheaper and way better. I like that it is long and you can reach your entire back or ball it up to scrub arms, legs or etc. My husband kept complimenting me on how great my skin looked after one use, which he never does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh MUA, I owe you so much. I picked these up at a local Asian grocery store after seeing all the rave reviews here, and threw away my poof from BBW after using them once. My skin is soooo soft; I especially like this for exfoliating around nail beds. I also got my husband hooked on these, who before just rubbed body wash all over with his hands. I did cut mine in half, which made it ravel a bit, so I am afraid to throw it in the wash. I'll just use a whole one next and see how it holds up in the washing machine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I happened upon a review of these cloths on MUA one day. Had never heard of them but they got such rave reviews, I had to order some. Now that I've tried one, I think this is very similar to a Body Shop cloth that I had years ago (I see that the Body Shop still sells them, but I think the Salux ones are cheaper). I got 4 for about $16 USD, including shipping to Canada.

These work great! I don't find them overly rough (ie, didn't take any getting used to). Great exfoliation...I'm sure that my skin felt softer right after my very first use. I feel like I'm doing something good for my skin when I use it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by 1219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say as well that i love this cloth, it makes my skin feel sooo smooth, soft and super clean. If there is a way to describe how i feel after coming out of the shower, i would say that my body feels happy and delighted:-)

P.S i bought 12 from thesaluxshop in the states, gave some to my girl friends, they all love it. Will have to definitely buy more to stock up. Fingers crossed that there is an unlimited supply of these clothes.

Ladies, if you haven't tried this, give it a go. Its cheap and its great, just a plain little something that makes things a bit better:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by rachel5788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this and it actually makes me look forward to showers because this cloth feels so good on my skin. Literally, the first time I used it, I said "aahhhh" in the shower. I guess it is very rough and abrasive but you can scrub very lightly or really put a lot of pressure to get a deep clean scrub. My skin is super tough, and I put scrub on this and it felt sooooo good. My moisturizer absorbs better, my legs arent all flaky if I don't put lotion on, and it cleans my back thoroughly. I love everything about this thing plus Joie at saluxshop.com is super sweet. Without MUA, I'd never know about this little gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by vrbing05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using these for 10 years. I was introduced to them in Japan during a visit with my husband's family. We bought a ton of them to bring home and share with family. No need for a loofah or sponge, or washcloth! These towels last a long time and don't harbor bacteria like a sponge or a washcloth. I will never go back to a wash cloth again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by missymaegan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an absolute staple in Hawaii. I use the Salux Super Hard, the one that comes with the warning on the label. There's no way I could use any other bath towel because I just don't feel like I'm getting clean unless I scrub with a Salux bath towel. You'll use less soap and have more lather with this towel, that means you'll be saving money on soap and who doesn't love saving money! The exfoliation is amazing and with just one use you'll feel fresh and new. Your skin will feel softer and you'll have a wonderful overall fresh, clean feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMargaret

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this towel. It exfoliates like nothing else, even Lamactin. My shins and elbows have never looked better. It all depends on how much pressure you use vs. the scratchy factor. I am giving these as Christmas presents this year; that is how much I like the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by SR19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MUA or I'd never had known such a great product exists! I've been using Boots nylon gloves for years, and this just takes the biscuit! I love it! I feel so refreshed after each shower. I highly recommend it.

EDIT 28/10/2013: I have recently discovered A Bit Of Rough Exfoliating Cloths. MUCH BETTER! Salux worsened the little bumps of keratosis pilaris on my upper arms. This new cloth by "a bit of rough" takes it all away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by modernabsurdity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm officially never buying body scrubs ever again. Imagine a meshy-poof on steroids and you get this. Not only is it a fab exfoliator, it's much more hygienic (and dries faster) than loofas or meshy-poofs. I love how easily I can scrub my back (I get bacne, boo) and it's even helped with my KP on my arms. My legs have emerged smooth and soft from their wintertime crocodile-like state. I was afraid it might be too strong for my sometimes sensitive skin, but so far it's been great. Just be gentle the first time and find a good soap or body wash to use it with. I love mine so much I've bought several as gifts for my mum, sister, and the boyfriend. Highly, highly recommended and so cheap, why not try it?