April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ouch!! I'm not sure if my skin is extra sensitive, but this was seriously painful. My legs were all red and the skin hurt post shower.

The redeeming factor is that my skin was very soft- softer than it had ever been with any run-of-the-mill loofa.

I will not repurchase, because a) this was quite an expensive bath rag at $5.99 and b) although the results were ultimately good, the pain of getting them is not worth it to me.

I'll probably reserve this for less sensitive body parts, like my feet, that have thicker skin and won't be irritated as much. Maybe I'll use it every once in a while, but this will by no means be an everyday shower tool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's not a miracle, but it is a great exfoliating cloth, as everyone has described. In addition, it massages and helps build circulation everywhere you wash, which is nice. My legs and body wakes up very nicely in the morning when I wash with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is terrific! I always fear my legs looking ashy and I don't feel those bath sponges do enough. Before I used to combine St.Ives Apricot scrub with soap with those scrubbie gloves thing, but I could not get my back. This is so much better. And I bought it for 3.00 at the Asian Grocery Store. For some reason they only had the color baby blue lol. I bought two. I have one up for swap for those who don't have access to one. update.I have been using this for a few weeks and i can honestly say this thing is a game changer for me.its doing a great job evening my skin tone and i look forward to taking showers and just scrubbing.i am so going to stock up on these

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by VickieT13

You can purchase the AUTHENTIC version here
ADVOID cheap Chinese versions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

I REALLY love these towels! With mine, I can really give my body a good scrub. It works better than any body scrub for me. I even have my husband using it. Now our skin is soft and glowy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, I saw the reviews and raves about this product so I decided to get on Amazon and buy one. It's AWESOME! It only cost a little over $3. The first time I used this I washed very carefully because it kinda hurt and I was afraid it would scratch my skin. It doesn't scratch! And once I got accustomed to the feel I was scrubbing like a pro! LOL
It exfoliates really well, and I don't have to use as much soap as I did with a washcloth to get it sudsy. It left my skin feeling clean and smooth! No more having to strain myself trying to wash every inch of my back lol.

DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by chlohoe

anyone in Australia buying these (i live in sydney), could you please mail me and tell me where on earth your finding this gem!
thanks in advanced, x.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

I've been using these for years and never thought to write a review on here until i saw people raving. I figured I should join in on the praise. This is the poufy loofah's bigger, badder sister. These Japanese bath towel are the best. Not only do they lather up really well, making the most of your shower gels, but they exfoliate at the same time. Also, these are thinner than loofah's and dry completely, rather than staying damp and providing a bacterial breeding ground. (Can we all say GROSS?) Not all Japanese bath towels are created equal, I found this out when I had to buy a new one and grabbed one that was on sale. It was much softer and i didn't feel like it exfoliated as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by lareine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best bath product I have bought in years. I tried it once and immediately threw my shower puff in the bin. I'm soft and smooth all over, even my feet, in far less time than it takes to faff around with body scrub. Less mess in the shower, too! And my soap bars lather beautifully with the Salux. I wouldn't use it on my face, but I can't see myself ever needing to buy anything different for washing my body. It's just great.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lilktmus

This product does work as it does scrub off the dead skin on your back and makes it even reachable to do so. I think the reason why this is so popular is because there haven't been a product that can top this (not loofah or sponges)

I do have to say, although it did improve my skin by visibly less pimples, I still have back acne.

For first time users, this might be a bit too rough but you'll get used to it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No