November 27, 2014 | 1518 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by kalicalifornia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this thing! I was extremely skeptical at first and even after seeing all the reviews, I hesitated in trying this product. Upon seeing it at my local Japanese supermarket, I decided to get it on an impulse. After using it one time, this bath towel killed any skepticism I previously had. My skin was so soft. After only using it for a few months it has helped with the kp on my arms and clear up any ance breakouts. It's also an awesome pre-spray tan exfoliator. I recommend using a liquid body wash instead of a bar, because the bar doesn't lather up as well. I use Dr. Bronner's tea tree soap during hot months, and switch it for the almond when the weather gets colder. I can't recommend this bath towel enough.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE:
I find this a little too rough. I bought 6 of these, used 2. I find them too large. I gave 2 away and my MIL loves it because she can scrub her back with it. I don't feel I need to exfoliate the crap out of my skin with this. My skin feels extra dry after. I prefer the Body Shop exfoliating gloves over this.

*********************

I ordered online from the salux shop. Great price & fast shipping when you order 4 or more. I used it on my face & it feels like a nice massage. Not too rough but not too gentle...just right! I imagine with regular use on face & body it stimulates blood flow to skin thereby improving skin circulation & exfoliation. It got rid of the usual roughness I often feel left on my nose from blackheads. I would say it works just as well as my Clarisonic facial cleansing brush...and at 5% of the cost!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by swingsettheory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

As others have mentioned, make sure you get the *real* Salux and not the fakes - believe it or not, there ARE fake (made in China) Salux with tell-tale differences in the packaging. Based on tips in this thread, I ordered from saluxshop dot com (not affiliated) to avoid an ebay/Amazon bait-and-switch; I've heard stories of people ordering based on a photo, then being sent the fake. Anyway, I recommend that site - fast shipping, real deal.

If you love being scrubbed down by ajummas at a Korean sauna, these are for you! (actually, these are for EVERYONE! all nationalities and ethnicities! I swear!) The Salux are less harsh than the Korean "italy towels" and as a plus, long enough so you can reach your back. I vaguely remember the Japanese beauty guru Chizu Saeki (read her book; she has one in English!) mentioning how to make your own poufy/saluxy type bag to use with soap to generate foam; Salux is better at this than conventional (and less hygenic) path poufs, just FYI. I'm getting off the point. These exfoliate like whoa and without ripping your skin to shreds.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by donna409

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a fabulous product. You can't beat the price and it works better than anything I have tried for KP on arms and legs and light acne on my back and shoulders. I purchased this online at dirt cheap price of 3.99 each and then walked in the dollar store and found them there- so I stocked up. I love finding products like this that really work and are so inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I never would have bought this on my own because it's so cheap-looking. But based on the reviews here, I ordered some and they are as magical as promised. They've really smoothed out the KP on my upper arms and made my legs (which are very white and often problematic due to psoriasis, KP and general offputting coloring) look actually quite presentable. I'm still on my first one and it's been a few weeks now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the dupe that Bed Bath and Beyond sells. All I can say is that I won't use anything else after trying this. When I first removed the cloth from the package, it smelled "fishy", but I rinsed it with water and the smell immediately went away. It has a rough texture, but you can use light or heavy pressure to get the exfoliation you want. After using this once, my skin was heavenly soft and smooth. My lotion and body butter applied so smoothly and sank in immediately after showering. I use this all over my body, including my face. This $6 cloth has replaced my Clarisonic. The cloth itself is long so you can really clean your back without any trouble. I don't recommend cutting the cloth into pieces, as you can always fold this cloth to make it smaller. I would think cutting it would cause it to fray when you launder it. This gem will be going with me to the hospital when I deliver my baby girl in 2 weeks and will go with me whenever I travel. GREAT find!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:17:00 AM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't you just love it when bargain items like this come to your attention and they're wonderful.

This is one of those things - it is perfect for giving your whole body, including hard to reach areas like your back and soles of feet, a proper good scrub.

My skin feels soft as a baby's bum after I've used it and body lotion goes on like a dream - teenage-like skin again, it's wonderful.

Dead easy to throw in the washing machine at the end of the week too so it's kept hygenic, not like those horrid scratchy sponges that are 'minging' as they don't dry out quickly enough.

If you haven't got some yet, hunt them down and get some - best product I've used in ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by BabyTheStarsShineBright

My parents used this on my sister and me since we were in elementary school. Since it lathers so extremely well, it can be used gently on skin or aggressively to make every inch of your body sparkling clean. I love it. I usually wash my body with a plain old bar of Dove soap and even use the corner of this bath towel to gently exfoliate my face. It prevents ingrown hairs, even in the bikini line. My calves don't have those bumpy 'pores' anymore. Whenever I switch to a more gentle washcloth or poof, I feel the need to shower again with a Salux towel to get *really* clean.
It costs about two dollars at Asian supermarkets
It even helps reduce the KP (chicken skin) on my upper arms more than any prescription cream, spray or foam did!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Never have I anticipated to get home to take a shower JUST so I could feel what it's like getting a good scrub down with a ton of suds, reaching every inch of my skin. It's true what they say, most genius things are most simple. Believe it or not, I've been looking for a band wash cloth for over 10 years, for some reason they are not very popular in North America (?) You will never want to battle your back yet with another pouf on a stick; Salux will not only give you a thorough sudsy lather with minimal soap used but will also exfoliate your skin with minimal physical effort required, just work it gently against your skin. It will become your favourite body care tool! It softens the hair making it easier to remove, it will prevent future ingrowns as you shower, your tan will always look even and glowing and it will even wipe away pesky sticky aluminum residue from your deodorant.
I picked up mine at Pacific Mall for $6 CAD and grabbed one for my best friend. I think I should buy in bulk on ebay but even at twice the price of an average pouf this is worth every penny. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!!! I actually thought Salux wasn't sold locally, so I bought mine at Target! Its made by The Bathery and cost me about $2.39. They have it in gorgeous bold colors like turquoise, lime green, and hot pink. I ended up finding Salux locally for $3.50 so I might try that one out and see if I like it better. Although I'm really happy with my Target one.

This makes my skin so incredibly soft. Who needs exfoliators anymore with this?! I also enjoy using this under my arm pit (teehee) and its been lightening it up since it exfoliates it really well. This has also made my elbows really smooth to touch. It makes the soap lather extremely well. I'm determined to get my family hooked on this. Do your body a favor and BUY THIS!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No