Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 6/17/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

OMG! Thank you guys. I came upon this by chance on the boards one day, Which made me check out the reviews. Of course I ordered a few right away. This is so wonderful. I used pure coconut oil after I showered with the cloth and my skin feels so silky smooth. Amazing! I'm never going to be without this baby in my shower! :)

on 6/17/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great product! Give it a chance! I love how my lotions & creams sink into my skin afterwards - bring a lot of softness & energy to the surface of my skin. Love the price. Love the opportunity to launder it for sanitary reasons. I scrunch mine up & buff away!

on 6/16/2011 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I finally got my salux wash cloth in the mail the other day and it's everything I thought it would be.

II find that this wash cloth is very similar to the one The Body Shop sells, it's called body polisher or something. BUT the salux cloth is thicker and feels smoother on the skin than the body shop one... plus it's only like $3 whereas the body shop one is like $10.

I am an exfoliation queen and this def gets my rave review. I love this and I think everyone should have one. I just bought a couple for my mom cause she would go bananas for this.

I even got my bf to start using it and now he's silky smooth and gets laid more cause of it.

I found out about this wash cloth here on MUA and thank heavens for this site cause i prob would have never discovered it if it wasen't for MUA'ers.

you guys are awesome.

on 6/15/2011 2:17:00 PM

i bought this a while ago.. and its a must HAVE!! it is a great exfoliator.. just be gentle.

on 6/15/2011 1:55:00 PM

I started using this about a year ago thanks to MUA! It's a great and inexpensive product. I was having issues with clogged pores on my legs from shaving and on my back from hair products and this towel has really helped me exfoliate. I just need to say though, I cannot believe people use this on their faces! My skin would never recover from that.

[Edited on 8/5/12: I no longer use this because it was bugging the KP on my legs. I bounced down the rating because I wouldn't buy it again. I use the Glytone Keratosis Pilaris Kit to control the KP on my legs and it's my HG!]

on 6/15/2011 11:56:00 AM

May I just say WOW! I stumbled on these reviews by accident and am so glad that I did. I don't have a Salux brand cloth, but bought a dupe (Walmart sells them for around $5 and other Asian markets have different brands) and it has made a HUGE difference in my skin. I had KP on the backs of my arms, rough elbow skin, bad skin on my back- but no more! This cloth is such a great exfoliator and puts any scrubs and other scrub brushes/bath puffies/tools/etc. to shame! My skin is so soft, smooth and well-exfoliated now, plus I use much less moisturizer because my skin is in better condition after exfoliating. This is a great tool to use. Another great tip from MUAers!

on 6/15/2011 10:30:00 AM

At first I didn't really like this bath towel. I found it awkward to use and too harsh but after using it for a while I've found scrunching it up like a bath sponge makes it a lot easier to use and scrubbing very gentle against the skin is all you need to exfoliate the skin well. I bought this towel in hope to save money on all those expensive body scrubs that just go down the drain and make a mess in my shower/bath and of course this towel isnt as luxurious and pampering as a body scrub but I find this is a great alternative and is also very cheap. Will repurchase.

on 6/14/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this for three dollars on Amazon (if you pay more than 3-4 dollars, you're overpaying.)
Everything about it is perfect. It's cheap, easy to use, hygienic, and an amazing exfoliant. You really only need a dime sized amount of your body wash to really get this towel super sudsey, so you're saving body wash from this as well.

Also, it's great to use on your face if used gently with a cream or gel cleanser (a scrub with this towel would be deadly). I always use it on my face in the shower and afterwards I can't stop touching my face because it is just SO smooth.

on 6/8/2011 6:28:00 PM

I found this at my local Mitsuwa. Luckily, I love in Southern California and Asian markets are a dime a dozen. I actually have been unable to find the actual Salux brand in a lot of the Japanese stores I go in, but the Mitsuwa market had it for $3-4. I also stumbled across it at Whole Foods of all places, but they were selling it for $6-7. I suppose if you don't have any Japanese markets in your area, you can check it out. I was very wary of all the knock off brands since all you MUA girls warned me. Make sure you're getting the Salux ones!

The first time I used it, as others mentioned, I was pleasantly surprised by how scruffy it was against my skin. I really felt like it was warming all the blood up under my skin and "increasing blood flow and circulation," like the packaging boasts. It does a really good job of scrubbing my back -- I've had bad luck with back brushes, they don't do a good job and the soap rinses out of it so quickly. I also feel like it sloughs off all my dead skin cells which allows moisturizer to soak into your skin so much better. I apply my moisturizer when my skin is still wet from the shower and let it soak in (:

It helped with the bumps on the backs of my arms (I forgot what it's called), as others have mentioned. The cloth holds lather really, really well. I find myself using a lot less shower gel stuff. Yay!

I love this thing! I was extremely skeptical at first and even after seeing all the reviews, I hesitated in trying this product. Upon seeing it at my local Japanese supermarket, I decided to get it on an impulse. After using it one time, this bath towel killed any skepticism I previously had. My skin was so soft. After only using it for a few months it has helped with the kp on my arms and clear up any ance breakouts. It's also an awesome pre-spray tan exfoliator. I recommend using a liquid body wash instead of a bar, because the bar doesn't lather up as well. I use Dr. Bronner's tea tree soap during hot months, and switch it for the almond when the weather gets colder. I can't recommend this bath towel enough.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools