October 20, 2014 | 1921 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by robinrubin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a while in Dark Blonde. It is a good match for Mac Fling but actually has better texture, goes on easier and lasts longer, looks more natural, is no more prone to breakage, and is perhaps the teeniest bit lighter. It looks so natural, I can wear it alone, with no other eye makeup, which is important on the most uber-casual occasions for somebody like me, who has the sparsest, palest brows imaginable. It enables me to look like I am not wearing any makeup without looking like I have no eyebrows. With every other eyebrow coloring device I've ever tried (including pencils and powders from Anastasia, Dior and Chanel, etc.), I have to also wear mascara etc. or it looks stupid and obvious. This I can wear alone.

Today I bought it in Light Blonde, which I found is not so much lighter as warmer. Either one will work for me. Maybelline is always on sale at CVS and Ulta, often 2-for-1, so I generally buy a few and keep one in my bag, one in my bathroom, and one in my travel case.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by wckdldy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE!! i really love this pencil it reminds me alot of the MAC eyebrow pencil, just WAY cheaper. i love the color it gives(light brown) and how its not too heavy. the only problem i can say i have (hence why i gave it a 4) is that sometimes the products breaks easily if i push too hard. other than that a great product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by srscott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brow pencil is great! I use the light blond color. The pencil is very thin which enables you to achieve a very natural look. I fill in the bare patches and it looks just like my real eyebrows. I love that it twists up and sharpening is not necessary. A word of caution: don't extend the pencil very far -- due to the small diameter (a plus!) it can break easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by JackieXOXO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MaMa like alot!! Decided to try after MakeupbyTiffanyD on YouTube recommended it. My eyebrows have always been my arch enemy (no pun intended) I have tried numerous pencils, powders, and gels-but like Goldie Locks-some where too light then too dark-and if I did find something that kinda worked-it just didn't hold up throughout the day. I have auburn hair and decided to go with the medium brown and it's perfect!! (cue the violins) Goes on super smooth and after a 9 hour workday it holds up. For the price of $4.50 I will absolutely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by a_ro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to thank youtube for introducing me to this product! I saw a makeup tutorial where this was used. I've tried other cheapie brow pencils with little success, & even the maybelline brow powder...it just didn't look natural. Somehow this pencil gives me just enough control to fill in my brows w/out it looking crazy. The dark brown color is good for my very dark brows - would recommend to others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Spiked by MAC and was told this would be a great dupe. I have olive skin with yellow undertones and black hair and sad to say this has still red undertones ( I bought the dark brown one) especially in pictures!. It does look great with MAC Mysterious shadow on top but it's not long lasting with my oily skin and it's just too much trouble to do two steps when I'm in a rush in the morning. So I'm still on the hunt for my perfect black brown eyebrow pencil!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by s55565

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As said before, and the reason why I purchased it, this product is a great, cheap dupe for the MAC brow crayons. Great color variety, cheap (4 dollars) and widely available (I bought mine at Harmon). The hangup I have is the packaging doesn't allow the product to be twisted back into the container. It's also a very soft pencil that frequently breaks. The color isn't as true as the MAC one but pretty close for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by loveali

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyebrow pencil! It's perfect. Perfect colour match, stays on all day and is easy to apply. The comb on the end is an added bonus! I can't say anything bad about it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

I bought it in Dark Brow which is the perfect shade for me.

PROS:
-comes with brow comb
-color selection is good
-its skinny and makes application easy and precise.
-the constancy and look of this liner does not look "drawn on" gives off a natural look especially if you apply w/ upwards strokes very lightly.
-waterproof. sweat proof. it stays put.
-so simple to use. easier than shadow for brows.

CONS:
-when my skin gets more on the oily side the edges of my brows will fade a bit and if i touch em they'll smear a bit so ya thats the sucky part is your oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at SDM on sale for $6.99 and dark brown was the only one on sale. Good thing for me! Well, I tried it and I liked that it made my eyebrows more defined. However, this does not last all day. I put it in the morning at 7am and by 10am, it's pretty much gone. At the end of the day, it looked like I never put anything there at all. I liked that it was cheap and all, but will not purchase again because of it does not last on my eyebrows.