April 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by crdimalla

I've repurchased this twice already, that's how much I like it. My eyebrows: sparse, uneven, patchy. Yuck.

The absolute best part of this pencil is the fact it's a no sharpen, twist up style. Having to sharpen an eyebrow pencil is just awful to me considering how much you end up wasting and how imprecise your lines can get.

I think this pencil appears natural, I'm using the shade Dark Brown for my half asian coloring. It's a breeze to apply because it has such a slim tip, and the intensity is easily controllable.

I don't much use the comb on the end but that could be handy.
Take it from someone who NEEDS to fill in her brows (and even extend them..yes they are that bad), this is a great pencil for creating a natural full brow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite eyebrow pencil. Easy to use and apply. I've bought so many.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Lulu05

Love this brow pencil! I have had this for a long time but just recently I overplucked my brows and I had to use this pencil to fill in my sparse brows. It looked very natural and it stayed put the whole day! Two things that I need from a brow pencil!
I have dark brown (almost black) hair and I use the brown shade. I have the black one too but that one is a tad dark for me.
I always get compliments when I use this brow pencil! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by amateuratmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great eyebrow pencil! I love the fact that you don't need to sharpen it; I love the thinness of the tube which helps to create a natural looking brow; the staying power is really good; plus, the color, dark blonde suits me perfectly. The only downside of this product is that there is no way to tell how much is left of the product within the tube. So, one morning you could be doing your brows and click ... click ... click ... no more product is coming out. The tube is completely empty, you've only done one brow and you have to be at work in 20 minutes. (True story) So, I would highly suggest buying two at a time just in case. Other than that, great product, I would definately repurchase this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by pandamaru

Bought this because of all the raves reviews. this pencil is weird... you need to not press hard to get it to apply because if you do press too hard it won't draw at all. it took me forever to get my brows on using this and normally i can draw them on within 4 minutes. also, the little brush at the end is useless. also, i used it for 8 days before it ran out so as far as i'm concerned, it's a little overpriced. i've had my lancome pencil for a year and i'm still using it. on the plus side, it does manage to stay on all day so if you're looking for relatively good sweat proof coverage that doesn't darken over time, it's good for that. unfortunately, i don't feel it's worth the money so i won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by jilllpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The only thing wrong with this pencil is that the tip breaks off even with gentle use. The color is great, blonde, but for the price I do not want to waste half of the product due to this malfnction.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked this at first, it's not bad but I just found a better one. This is decent, I like the really thin point which makes it easy to make hair like strokes. I love the black shade, it's a nice soft black. I was using this daily up until I discovered Ardell's brow pencil in Soft Black. They're both nice but Ardell's is a powdery formula that just blends seamlessly into my brows. With Maybelline's I had to be careful to do very very light strokes or else you could tell where I penciled. With Ardell you don't have to be as careful, it looks good without a problem. Plus Ardell is cheaper, I bought it at Sally's with my Beauty Cub card for $3.59. I still use this to line my lower lids because I prefer a softer line there than the traditional eyeliner pencil gives. But the bad thing is it doesn't really last that long and fades midday or even sooner. I'll try it with a primer next time.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by cubancurls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in dark blonde and though the color is nice the texture is horrible. It is way too waxy/greasy, easily rubs off. The point is too thick to get any good definition. Maybelline really messed up when they discontinued the Twin brow pencil in charcoal grey. THE BEST pencil out there, perfect texture, perfect color, sweat-proof, water-proof, ocean-swim-proof. (BUT not rub proof, don't touch it)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have no eyebrows, or at least very blond eyebrow hair. I need to fill in with something each day in order to look defined. This is the ONLY acceptable brow product available at the drugstore in my area. It is an automatic pencil with a tiny comb on the end. The comb is worthless and scratches my skin, so I use an old toothbrush instead. The color goes on fine and lasts for the whole day. I don't think I will repurchase, though, because I will just use a brown eyeshadow. There are less steps involved that way. If you are looking for an automatic brow pencil, this is a good option.

UPDATE: I love this item & it may be HG for me. I bought it in dark blonde. It looks so natural and I never need to sharpen it. I have no trouble with it breaking off on me unless I extend the pencil too much. I now always have a backup on hand, and this blows the Revlon wax one way out of the water!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I thought nothing, nothing, nothing would ever come close to my beloved Rimmel brow pencil in Hazel. Maybelline, you have impressed me. Define-A-Brow has a FANTASTIC shade range for the drugstore. I bought this automatic pencil in Light Blonde because I got highlights and Hazel, which I highly recommend for light-to-medium brown/red hair, threw off my look. I wanted something that looked natural with my light-brown-fast-approaching-blonde look. I also saw that Lisa Eldridge recommends using a blonde brow pencil for a more natural look. This automatic pencil, green plastic with a cap that's roughly the color of the product (though a little darker than the product itself) delivered exactly what I wanted--It's kind of wheat colored and inconspicuous. I don't like how thin and flimsy it is (Rimmel Brow pencils are much more generous!) but I adore how natural it looks and that it is very water, sweat and rub resistant. It lasts on me and it makes my entire brow look cleaner. It would be great for travel, as it is quite petite. I think Maybelline is really stepping up its game.