Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 11/23/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The color DARK BROWN is a dupe for MACS spiked pencil. Thats all that needs to be said.

on 11/22/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

GAH, this is a very frustrating product. It is the best dark brown pencil I have used; it has no red and is very pigmented. I fill in and reshape my brows with this pencil and not all pencils are capable of doing both! I blend it with a stiff brow brush and voila- perfection.

BUT the tiny skinny pencil design is completely cost inefficient for someone who uses it daily. I blow through one of these in a month or less and at about $7-$8 a pop, that just isn't working for me. It's a shame because the product is perfect but I'm going to try a wax instead.

EDIT 1/14: I have long since switched to the WnW brow kit and will never use a pencil again.

on 11/4/2010 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love this pencil! This is my HG brow pencil! Bought based upon reviews on youtube. I have several. This is so great for your brows. Because the point is so thin, can fill in with very light strokes. Have several backups because I heard it was being discontinued.
Only thing I don't like is there is no warning when the product is out. Once you make that last click, that's it.
UPDATE: Almost 5 years later, still my HG brow pencil. I bought a slew of them from 2 Dollar Trees when they were discontinued.
The worst thing Maybelline ever did was to discontinue these pencils!

on 11/2/2010 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have the color dark brown, and it suits my asian black very well. i have always used a brow powder (the DC'd one from MAC) to fill in my brows. But this is now my fave product. The tip is extremely fine, so you can be very precise with placement. the formula is slightly waxy, hence it stays on all day for me. I just do short strokes to define my brow, and then use a soft angled brush (from Ecotool) to brush out the color to make it look very natural. I love the product, but really can't appreciate the packaging - I have no use for the tiny comb, and I can't twist down the product.

Best DUPE for MAC out there. I use Medium brown and its a perfect dupe for macs eyebrow pencil. I use it way more than Mac too and the price doesnt hurt. I am in love with this and so is my wallet

on 10/29/2010 10:16:00 PM

Best brow pencil I've tried. Thanks MUA you never steer me wrong!

on 10/29/2010 10:07:00 PM

My favorite eyebrow pencil ever. I actually like the comb too.

on 10/29/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Great product. Absolutely love it. I use the dark brown and it is perfect for me.

on 10/24/2010 10:15:00 PM

Amazing product that lasts! I use the dark brown because my hair is very dark brown and I totally love that it's so easy to apply!

on 10/19/2010 2:03:00 PM

I really like this, I like it enough that it has replaced my MAC Stud and Anastasia Brow Whiz pencil. I use it in Brun Fonce (deep brown) and it seems to be a very good match to my own brow color. It also seems to last longer than others, which is good because I have dark brows which are overtweezed and my brows look better when filled in with eyebrow pencil. I highly recommend this pencil to anyone since it has good staying power, pretty good natural color selection (from lightest to darkest) and it's only about five bucks. You get what you pay for and it's a great value.

Popular Brows Products