December 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before this shade was released I had to use MSFN in Medium as it was the closest to my NC30 tone. But it made my face white. I've also got a bit of yellow/beige undertones and didnt think even this shade would work but omg it is a godsend! the contrast between medium and medium plus is not even visible in the pan but on the skin it covers everything perfectly. No need for concealor. Just buff with MAC 180 brush and my skin just glows and I dont have that thick foundation feeling I hate! It is honestly the next best thing to foundation and anyone with similar colouring should get this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by harls321

This is a great product. I like to use this as a finishing powder. It gives my skin a nice glow. I have also tried this as a foundation & it works great. Feels like I have nothing on. Looks perfectly natural. It is a wonderful multi-tasking powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 3:35:00 AM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

I can't believe I didn't review this yet! This is my favorite product from MAC aside from slimshines (i heart them) and lustreglass. I bought the studio fix powder/foundation first which I also love but hate when taking pictures. The talc has reflective particles which cause the camera's flash to catch it and leave you looking like a ghost. You could use liquid foundation but I prefer not to so I went to Mac and asked the artist what she recommends for a natural coverage that is buildable to medium coverage and that looks natural with pictures or just a "go to" powder/foundation. She suggested this and I am in love. I have used this in place of my Studio Fix foundation/powder everyday. I actually still use studio fix at times when I know pictures are not going to be taken but when I'm going to work or just the store, I will throw on this. It gives you the most natural coverage and with the right color and brush ( I use the MAC 182) you can really build the coverage or keep it sheer enough if you're having great skin days. This is a great product which is domed shaped and comes in a clear case. The only thing I don't like is that these don't come with a mirror like studio fix powder. I always carry my sonia kashuk retractable powder brush for touch-ups if I need it. This doesn't have spf which the loose mineralized make-up does however it can be used to set foundation or use for touch-ups. I have seen some people use this for bronzer if they get a darker color than their own. I think everyone should have this. It is great on the skin because it is mineralized make-up and doesn't clog pores. Get this when you have a chance or try it at a MAC counter. You won't regret it.

EDIT 6/18/2008: I always use this as a pressed powder now. It is my "go to" powder for everyday. Still using studio fix. But this doesn't need fix plus to get rid of the "powdery look." I also have changed brushes. I use my coastal scents paddle brush (which is the MAC 134-in a cheaper version) and its so lovely to set makeup. I use this to set my tinted moisturizer and its great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyVader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a pale face and tan body because tanning your face gives you wrinkles:) An MA used this on my face for a photshoot to add some color with out using bronzer, She used face and body in C1 as a foundation, then this over as a sort of contour to bring up the tones from my tan to my face-I ended up buying both products! A good idea if you have an uneven skintone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this when the N collection came out (January 08), and I have used it pretty much every day since! (It lasts a long time)

In the past, the powders that were "medium" were still too light for me, and dark was just way too dark. I can wear NC35, but sometimes it looks a bit too light. Medium plus is a great match! I like this product a lot, but at the end of the day, my skin is still oily, so that's why I took off a lippie.

The texture of this powder is great--silky soft! However, because it's so soft, a few swipes of a big brush is actually quite a bit of product, and it can make quite a mess if you're not careful. Due to the nature of Mineralize products, I DO NOT put this in my makeup bag and have it rattle around with everything else (they can break easily).

I frequently wear BE medium beige, and I use the Mineralize Skinfinish as a finishing powder instead of the BE mineral veil (this powder is supposed to have no color, but it looks really WHITE on me), and I also use it over other liquid foundations. In addition, I also load up my brush with powder and then spritz it with fix+ for heavier coverage when I want to use the powder as a light foundation. It does a pretty good job of covering the large pores on my nose and evening out my skintone, without making my face look perfectly plastic (a total plus).

I didn't get breakouts from this, but then again, my skin is NOT very sensitive to foundations and powders. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product. I liked the texture, the color, the finish, etc, BUT there is one big problem with it for me... It broke me out. :(

My skin is the best that it has been in years since I've started taking better care of it and found out what works for me plus since I started the pill, it cleared my skin up to the point where I only get a zit if I touch my skin too much, it's close to that time of the month or something irritates my skin. This gave me a huge zit on my cheek after a day of using it. Plus, after an hour or so, it looked oily on my skin.

The price is a bit much, then again it is MAC. I think I'll stick to Clinique's products. They suit my skin well and don't break me out. Sigh, but it is such a lovely powder...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by anglomania86

I absolutely love this. I didn't think I could be swayed away from using Clinique foundations/powders but it seems I was wrong! I have been using this as a sheer foundation because it evens out my complexion yet looks completely natural. The colour is buildable though if you don't want to go too sheer. I use my 187 brush and that is what the MU used on me. Otherwise a buffer brush like the 182 would give you more of a coverage. The colour is perfect for me (I'm an NW25) and it seems to match my exact skin tone. It works really well on my oily skin too which is the most important thing when it comes to powders and foundations. I loved it so much that I bought medium deep to contour with too :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by alka1

Just started using this product... What can I say that hasn't been said already. This powder is perfection. Medium Plus is the perfect shade for me (NC35 in Studio Tech) The shade is absolutely perfect for me.

The powder on the other hand feels like a dream on the skin. It doesn't feel drying or chalky like all the other powders i've used. I haven't used it over foundation yet, but I still find it provides decent coverage all on its own. It isn't heavy by any means, but coverage is buildable from sheer to medium. This is a definite must-have, and I can't recommend it enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by PaintedBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This seems to be my answer to the fact that I despise foundation. I love the ease with which is goes on...and how I can adjust the coverage by changing from a big, loose, fluffy brush, to a large, tight kabuki brush. A little spritz of water makes it seems to just sink in, but not in such a way that it accentuates pores, etc...
I still carry my MAC Blot powder in my purse because I have always had a very oily t-zone. I don't think anytime in the near future (or any product) will change that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Gotta say first off, the world's nicest SAs are at the monroeville (pgh) Macy's. I swear every one is nicer than the last. It makes me feel lucky, amongst all the horror stories about mac SAs, that I've had nothing but great experiences. That being said, the latest in the progression of sweet and informed girls there recently helped me choose this product. I was convinced up and down that light medium would be the best match for me, she finally convinced me medium plus would really work for me. Might sound stupid, but I am seriously stubborn, lol. Anyway, I digress, this shade is significantly darker than my skin, but when swatched it matches me quite well. The coverage shocked me as I was expecting it to not show up. But it did and gave my face a really natural warm glow that just enhanced my skin and didn't actually look like product. Spritz your face with Fix+ or charged water and it just melds into your skin. Also I get better coverage with a 187 spritzed with Fix+, or with a big bronzer brush on really bad skin days. Evens out my tone and looks really natural for my skin with a summer glow. Will repurchase in this shade and then also light medium for winter, and bc I still just have to try it for myself. See how stubborn? Lol (end of novel)