July 24, 2014 | 1603 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Xiriah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product. I liked the texture, the color, the finish, etc, BUT there is one big problem with it for me... It broke me out. :(

My skin is the best that it has been in years since I've started taking better care of it and found out what works for me plus since I started the pill, it cleared my skin up to the point where I only get a zit if I touch my skin too much, it's close to that time of the month or something irritates my skin. This gave me a huge zit on my cheek after a day of using it. Plus, after an hour or so, it looked oily on my skin.

The price is a bit much, then again it is MAC. I think I'll stick to Clinique's products. They suit my skin well and don't break me out. Sigh, but it is such a lovely powder...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by anglomania86

I absolutely love this. I didn't think I could be swayed away from using Clinique foundations/powders but it seems I was wrong! I have been using this as a sheer foundation because it evens out my complexion yet looks completely natural. The colour is buildable though if you don't want to go too sheer. I use my 187 brush and that is what the MU used on me. Otherwise a buffer brush like the 182 would give you more of a coverage. The colour is perfect for me (I'm an NW25) and it seems to match my exact skin tone. It works really well on my oily skin too which is the most important thing when it comes to powders and foundations. I loved it so much that I bought medium deep to contour with too :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by alka1

Just started using this product... What can I say that hasn't been said already. This powder is perfection. Medium Plus is the perfect shade for me (NC35 in Studio Tech) The shade is absolutely perfect for me.

The powder on the other hand feels like a dream on the skin. It doesn't feel drying or chalky like all the other powders i've used. I haven't used it over foundation yet, but I still find it provides decent coverage all on its own. It isn't heavy by any means, but coverage is buildable from sheer to medium. This is a definite must-have, and I can't recommend it enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by PaintedBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This seems to be my answer to the fact that I despise foundation. I love the ease with which is goes on...and how I can adjust the coverage by changing from a big, loose, fluffy brush, to a large, tight kabuki brush. A little spritz of water makes it seems to just sink in, but not in such a way that it accentuates pores, etc...
I still carry my MAC Blot powder in my purse because I have always had a very oily t-zone. I don't think anytime in the near future (or any product) will change that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Gotta say first off, the world's nicest SAs are at the monroeville (pgh) Macy's. I swear every one is nicer than the last. It makes me feel lucky, amongst all the horror stories about mac SAs, that I've had nothing but great experiences. That being said, the latest in the progression of sweet and informed girls there recently helped me choose this product. I was convinced up and down that light medium would be the best match for me, she finally convinced me medium plus would really work for me. Might sound stupid, but I am seriously stubborn, lol. Anyway, I digress, this shade is significantly darker than my skin, but when swatched it matches me quite well. The coverage shocked me as I was expecting it to not show up. But it did and gave my face a really natural warm glow that just enhanced my skin and didn't actually look like product. Spritz your face with Fix+ or charged water and it just melds into your skin. Also I get better coverage with a 187 spritzed with Fix+, or with a big bronzer brush on really bad skin days. Evens out my tone and looks really natural for my skin with a summer glow. Will repurchase in this shade and then also light medium for winter, and bc I still just have to try it for myself. See how stubborn? Lol (end of novel)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Sicely24

I really wanted to like this product because of all the great reviews but after experimenting by using it to set foundation or using the powder alone, my skin had a bad reaction from it. I'm normally not oily, but this powder makes my skin oily by mid day and my skin looks like it is flared up. I don't have this reaction with Studio Fix or Studio Tech. My skin is on the sensitive side but i never broke out with any makeup. This stuff cause me to have little bumps on my cheeks close to my nose which is very abnormal......so i had to take it back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 4:54:00 AM More reviews by chirakat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you find 'medium' too light and 'medium dark' too dark, 'medium plus' is for you. This powder goes on sheer but can help even out your skin tone. It's perfect for no make-up days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

I've been dying to try out the Natural MSFs but held off b/c I didn't think any of the colors would match - Medium seemed too light and Medium Dark seemed too, well, dark. I recently went to Mexico on vacation and was determined to not use anything too heavy and decided a Natural MSF was the way to go. I'm NC30 and knew I'd tan (despite repeated reapplying a high PPD sunscreen) but also knew that when I came home that I'd need something that could match my faded tan skintone. Medium Plus, with the N Collection, has filled the gap (at least for me). My forehead always tans darker (and stays darker) than the rest of my face so I wanted something to even out my skintone and provide some light coverage - and Medium Plus Natural MSF did the job. Good staying power, both in Mexico and at home. It's obviously not waterproof but I didn't expect it to be either. This provides more coverage than a loose powder and not as much as a light liquid foundation - a nice in-between option. It looks natural in sunlight.

Drawbacks: this oxidized slightly in a warmer climate but this was decreased when using a lighter hand; the light finish of the powder is deceiving - you can get quite a bit of coverage without using too much. Also, this can look a bit too dry and powder - so either moisturizer really well, or set it w/ MAC Fix+ (finally! a use for this!). I wish the packaging was a bit sturdier b/c I know that the MSFs are hollow domes, and can break easily. Overall, I'm very pleased with this product and would repurchase. For reference: Asian, yellow-neutral skintone, NC30/Chanel Shell/GA 5, brunette/brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

Ooh I absolutely LOVE this powder! I just converted to a lot of MAC products and had been using Lancome's Dual Finish pressed powder for years but its pretty expensive, about $36 for it. So I wanted to switch to a powder that's less expensive and looks really natural, yet gives nice coverage (the lancome powder provided great coverage but sometimes looked too cakey on my skin). So I bought this and figured if I didn't like it I'd return it, but WOW does it make my skin look healthy! It's not as much coverage as the Lancome Dual Finish but it gave my skin a more clean/natural look. It's great for touch-ups on the go too! I definately will continue to buy this powder!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

This is one of the new MSF Natural in Medium Plus, that was released during the N Collection. It is not LE, but going to be part of their regular line * or so I've heard*. I have only been wearing it for three days straight ( thanks to a good friend/MAC MA I got this collection a few days earlier than the release date), and maybe it's too premature to write a review on it, but so far the results I have been having with this Natural MSF is amazing and I had to share!

Previously I had been using MAC MSF in Medium, as that was the closest skintone match for me with the choices they had at the time; I am NC30. I used this MSF Medium as a setting powder after my liquid foundation. I stopped using the Medium after trying NARS loose powder in Beach as I liked the results better, and the color match was "dead-on". But when I went to view the N Collection, I was curious if MAC finally made a color to match me perfectly. The MA chose Medium Plus, and when I got home I swatched it on the underside of my wrist as well as my Medium one...the Medium Plus has more of a yellow tone to it, whereas the Medium was much lighter...not a huge color difference, but noticeable enough.

The next morning after applying my foundation * Chanel Pro Lumiere ~ Beige*, I took my MAC 150 powder brush and swirled it in the Medium Plus MSF, then dusted my face. The results were amazing! I swear it looked as if I just dusted my NARS Beach on my face instead of the Medium Plus. It actually looked better. I was told and read on MAC's site that these MSF Naturals are low-coverage and good for setting foundation/ touch-ups. So if you're looking for a full coverage foundation, this may not be what you are looking for. The true test was the "wear". I have normal/dry skin and this MSF did not accentuate any dry patches or lines, and it did not turn color on me. I wore it until 8PM, and it still looked great. I didn't need to touch-up.

So, I am indeed happy that I finally have a true MSF Natural match, and that it is cheaper than my NARS loose powder, and it is portable as I can't pack my NARS loose powder in my purse,...imagine the mess. I think I payed $24.50 for it, not bad as you do get alot of product, and don't forget when you do "hit pan", you can always turn it in for the B2M program :)

To sum up my review, I really like this powder and will be using it for now...If something changes within the next few days/weeks, I will update my review. But I highly recommend finding a color match, and giving the MSF Natural's a try.

**EDIT ~ 1-21-08**

I still use this powder everyday to set my foundation! I love it! This is my HG for pressed powder :)

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No