September 19, 2014 | 1232 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sugie67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK, this is going to be a strange review but bear with me. I bought castor oil about 2 months ago to get rid of a mole that was starting to scare me. So far it's half the size..I apply twice daily. Then someone told me about the hair growth thing and I thought, why not try. My hair has thinned alot because of thyroid problems, my brows are way overplucked and my eyelashes are very short and thin...I know sounds bad. So I read all of the reviews posted here and started 5 days ago. The thing is, i'm not applying sparingly. For the last 5 nights I have used a good size fistfull of castor oil on my face and neck, my scalp and hair, my eyebrows and my eyelashes! Everyone said to use spareingly....I didn't. I love it! It's to early to report on hair growth but my skin loves it! All this after spending who knows what on antiageing products..I could have had a new car by now! When I wake in the morning my face is lovely, my hair feels great and no side affects whatsoever...all for 3 dollars...yes it's thick like glycerine but so what. I'll update when something happens...good or bad!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought a bottle of castor oil at Wal-Mart to use on my lashes. I applied it to the base of my lashes every night with an eyeliner brush. It did seem to help them grow thicker and longer. In fact, I think it was as effective as Talika Lipocils for a whole lot less money. But alas, it also increased the number of pimples I got around my eye area (upper cheeks, brow area, bridge of my nose). I finally discontinued using it, and the breakouts cleared.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by olga_thes

Castor oil will thicken your eyebrows/eyelashes! I will tell you a beauty secret we have here, in Greece : trim a very little part of the tip of eyelashes. Then apply castor oil -some people use vaseline or olive oil too- on your eyelashes/brows with your fingers -do not forget to wash your hands before applying it- or with a clean mascara brush. Keep the oil overnight and wash it off in the morning with a gentle eye makeup remover (I personally use Cetaphil, my dermatologist advised me to do so). Removing it is necessary as it may attract dirt and can easily spoil the effect. Trim your eyelashes once a month and apply CO on your lashes/brows 3 times a week and trust me, you will love the result!
One thing you should avoid, though, is to use castor oil on face/neck. It promotes facial hair growth. So be careful!
I told my dermatologist that I use castor oil on eyelashes-and olive oil instead of an eye cream-- and she advised me to stop using it -and all kinds of oils-on the delicate and sensitive epidermis of eyes as it loosens its elasticity, as she said. That was a huge disappointment to me as I used this product religiously. I stopped using CO for several months, however, now I have started using it again sometimes but quite sparingly (in the winter, I use castor oil as a hair mask too!). What has worked really great on me, is actually the trimming. I could never imagine how well it could work!

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by dawnsch

I got a bottle of castor oil for about $3 at Walgreen's, and I love it. I use a q-tip to apply it to my lashes and brows at night, and when I wake up, my lashes still look lush. Applying mascara only highlights the effect, and I've noticed that I no longer lose any lashes when I remove my eye makeup at night. In the morning, I swipe just my brows with the castor oil, then brush a bit of brown shadow through them. I'm left with naturally glossy, healthy looking brows that stay put all day. It's amazing I didn't try this before -- I condition the hair on top of my head, how did I go this long without conditioning my lashes and brows!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 5:55:00 AM More reviews by dorinmoz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a huge bottle of this on sale at HEB. I used to use it on my hair, but then had gotten out of the habit. After reading the reviews on its benefits for eyelashes and eyebrows I had to try it, and it was an overnight success! My lashes looked like false ones when I put on mascara the next day. Just think how different foundation looks on a moisturized face vs. dry skin. It COMPLETELY changes it. Its super cheap, so its worth a shot. If you don't like it you can always keep it around as a laxative :)

(haha.....I was curious on how it worked because I had never tried a laxative before, so I tried it, and believe you me it works! I guess its something you probably shouldn't do if you don't need to, but if you are in need....just reach for the castor oil!)

16 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by gocats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Based on the reviews, I bought castor oil (nothing fancy, just Walgreen's brand) for my lashes. After about two months, applying it maybe twice a week with a cotton swab, my lashes are longer and seem stronger. It's also done wonders for my cuticles and nails. The bottle tends to get a little messy, but it's a small price to pay.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So the castor oil that I purchased is called Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I believe the main difference between this and what other people might have is that it is dark in color, very very thick, and has a smokey smell to it. The only place that I use this is on my hair as an oil treatment and it does wonders for conditioning and thickening my hair. I really love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Quick take: great lash conditioner. I heard about castor oil promoting lash growth so I though I'd give it a try. My lashes are long with medium thickness. Overall, I like my lashes but mascara can make them dry over time making them look thinnner and shorter. I have used Vaseline in the past with success. I also use Mavala, Talika, and Ardell lash conditioners; all of which worked well. Castor oil has been the best conditioner of all the ones I've tried and the cheapest. I don't think it stimulates hair growth but I do think it keeps the lashes healthy so that they can reach their full potential.

I use my finger to dab along my lash line and onto the length of my lashes. A little goes a long way!

Other uses: This also makes an awesome cuticle conditioner and a nice nighttime lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 5:17:00 AM More reviews by bettyboop11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like it, i don't use it exclusive to my brows because i know will never grow as Frida Khalo again...But it's good moisturiser to my dry skin, i use at night, it's too sticky! but works, i don't care i cannot to kiss my hubby before sleep he,he...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by noellethediva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing this as a component in my cleansing oil. Find it very odd that some are using (and having success with!) this straight as a hair growth promoter, since it makes up about 25-40% of my facial cleansing oil! It is the component that provides the actual "cleansing" function of the oil - the others work too but more for moisturizing. I use a higher concentration for oilier girls and a lower concentration for dryer types. Castor oil has wonderful cleansing properties to it and is pretty easily available and cheap. Super!