July 22, 2014 | 1168 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So the castor oil that I purchased is called Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I believe the main difference between this and what other people might have is that it is dark in color, very very thick, and has a smokey smell to it. The only place that I use this is on my hair as an oil treatment and it does wonders for conditioning and thickening my hair. I really love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Quick take: great lash conditioner. I heard about castor oil promoting lash growth so I though I'd give it a try. My lashes are long with medium thickness. Overall, I like my lashes but mascara can make them dry over time making them look thinnner and shorter. I have used Vaseline in the past with success. I also use Mavala, Talika, and Ardell lash conditioners; all of which worked well. Castor oil has been the best conditioner of all the ones I've tried and the cheapest. I don't think it stimulates hair growth but I do think it keeps the lashes healthy so that they can reach their full potential.

I use my finger to dab along my lash line and onto the length of my lashes. A little goes a long way!

Other uses: This also makes an awesome cuticle conditioner and a nice nighttime lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 5:17:00 AM More reviews by bettyboop11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like it, i don't use it exclusive to my brows because i know will never grow as Frida Khalo again...But it's good moisturiser to my dry skin, i use at night, it's too sticky! but works, i don't care i cannot to kiss my hubby before sleep he,he...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by noellethediva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing this as a component in my cleansing oil. Find it very odd that some are using (and having success with!) this straight as a hair growth promoter, since it makes up about 25-40% of my facial cleansing oil! It is the component that provides the actual "cleansing" function of the oil - the others work too but more for moisturizing. I use a higher concentration for oilier girls and a lower concentration for dryer types. Castor oil has wonderful cleansing properties to it and is pretty easily available and cheap. Super!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by silverylotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading this on MUA, I decided to give this a try. I can never arch my brows the way I wanted it to because my brows end at the same point where my outer corners of my eyes are. I started slathering castor oil to where I want my brows' ends to be with q-tips, and the rest of the oil that is left on my inner brows and my eyelashes. By slatering on my eyelashes, I mean I just wipe the q-tip across my eyelids.

I have been doing this for 3 weeks, and I am happy to say that this method has worked for me and I have baby hairs growing out at my brows' ends making it "longer". (And I don't even do it every night, maybe every other night.) There's only a few of them now, but everyone knows even one eyebrow plucked wrong can change the whole brow arch! Now I am able to slowly shape my arch.

As for my lashes, because I actually wipe the oil on my entire eye, I am having new growth as well. But while making my eyelashes longer, some are growing 1 to 2 mm above my eyelashes. This freaks me out a bit, because I want my lashes to remain at the edge of my eyelids!! So now I am gently coating just my eyelashes and the roots of my eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff WORKS! I have been using it for the past few months and have definite lash growth as a result. You can even SEE the little lashes that are on the way! I use a disposable mascara wand to apply at night only. The big bottle will take forever to get through, and at $5 a pop, it's incredibly economical. I haven't tried this on my brows, but for lashes it is terrific! HIGHLY recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I so wanted this to work for me. I tried it both on my brows and my eyelashes, rubbing a bit on both with a Q-Tip before bedtime for over a month. I didn't noticed any diffrence. :( Maybe my lashes are already so fabulous that they won't benefit from this...? Sure, I'll tell myself that. I will continue to use this as an eye makeup remover, though. It is a nice, thick oil that does remove makeup well. I recommend that everyone try it, because it does seem to work for most people. Just be prepared for a different result.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to get this product after doing some research and finding that most of the "lash growth" formulas are comprised of- yes,you guessed it,castor oil,and sometimes wheat protein- (for thickness/volume) I decided that spending under $5 for a good size bottle of this as opposed to Talika ($35 +) or even Mavala ($13??) was much more cost effective.Not only that,but castor oil makes a great eye makeup remover,moisturizer and all around useful product (admittedly, the last time I used this stuff was to bring on labor and while it didn't make a bit of difference in that regard I was mighty regular for a couple of days!)
I love what a previous reviewer mentioned about lip balm; I was using Vitamin E for this but I could see this being a good remedy for chapped lips as well.
I was reading another reviewer's mention about it being "poisonous" (which she disregarded,and rightly so!). It is the castor BEAN where ricin is derived from that is a powerful toxin.Unless you're at home chemist with nefarious intentions,the oil itself is not likely to be of any harm.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, I'm done. I fall for every "miracle" product touted on MUA, with high hopes of the wonderful results reported by other members. Once again, I've wasted mt time & money (thankfully it's cheap). I'm blond with below average lash length & density. How I wish I had lush lashes. Castor oil does nothing but make a good eye makeup remover. I've used it for 3 months with zero results.
Save your $.

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by SanityPhobia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this on my eyelashes for quite awhile now. I simply rub them on the lashes at night. I have been doing this continuously and saw results after more or less than a month. My lashes are thicker and longer. They never fall out when I rub them now either. Those who are considering revitalash or talika lipocils should invest in a 4 dollar bottle of this stuff first.
It's been great for my brows as well.
I never use this on my face in fear that I will grow facial hair.