4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 3/23/2010 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Thanks for the tip MUA folks! I'm finally able to leave the house without drawing in the sparse spot in my brows they are getting thicker and soon that tiny brow bald spot (from childhood chicken pox scar) will be gone! :) yay! makes lashes thicker and longer too!

on 3/17/2010 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff is amazing. I was skeptical but I decided to try it anyway. I started using this on Februrary 19th and it's now March 17th. After nearly a month I've noticed a lot of differences. I've always had long eyelashes, but this made them longer and even a bit thicker. My bottom lashes became even longer.

I used this on my brows as well and it helped to fill in bare patches. They look lovely. I'm in love.

I also have been using it on my face. At eighteen, I've been noticing light lines around my mouth (sneer lines). This concerned me. They are far less noticeable now. The tiny creases under my eyes look a bit better as well.

The only con I can really think of is that if you get it in your eyes, it does irritate them. Other than that, I'm a happy camper.

on 3/10/2010 11:25:00 AM

Really was hoping to get just some of teh good results everyone raves about on here with this oil among amny other but nada lol. I don't know why but any oil I have tried for my fac ends up clogging and breaking me out. Since I was noly using castor for my lashes and brows hoped Ild be okay but no difference at all. I do have long lashs to begin with and was just using this more as a strengthener/treatment and jsut wanted my brows to get a little denser and more full. Did absolutely nothing but give my clogged pores even on my lids. I'm officially done with oils after this and don't understand how so many people have such miracle results with this lol. I have also heard Castor Oil is good for a hair treatment in balancing the scalpt and helping your hair grown stronger and fuller. I really would lvoe to try it for that but jsut don't see that being practical considering how thick and glue like this oil is. I honestly dont feel like my shampoo would even be able to wash this out yet alone for me to even be able to massage this into my scalp without my hair turning into a rats nest. IF anyone has any tips appreciate it!! Otherwise I'm no more with castor oil.

on 3/10/2010 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Last month, I started using regular castor oil that I found in the pharmacy. And I must say that it has been the best thing I have brought for my body. Its so multipurpose! I use it to clean/hydrate my face, to grow my lashes, to control my very stubborn hair, and to sometime detox (hell of a pain)

I cannot believe I didn't use this sooner. From now on, I will use this weekly on my face. Its a miracle worker!

on 3/9/2010 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's been about 4 weeks and I'm still not sure if this is actually working for me. Either it's working or it's from lack of tweezing. Although my brow hair have grown thicker, the main areas where I want to grow aren't growing (center middle). And after 3 days of using it for my lashes I stopped. I found it really annoying waking up in the morning feeling like I had a lot of eye booger/watery.

on 3/6/2010 9:11:00 PM

Update- 6-5-10

I been using this almost every night since march and I have to say this works like a conditioner. It doesnt make my lashes grow longer but it nourish it and I get less lashes falling out and my lashes look thicker but not longer. It's not a miracle product for me but I will still keep using it since it conditions my lashes well. I will still give it 3 lippies.

I hear so many good things about this. I just put this on with a q tip and I am right about to sleep. It doesnt sting or smell which is good. I coat all my lashes with this on. I am going to update in a few weeks.

on 3/6/2010 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Started applying about 3 weeks ago to my lashes with a Q-tip almost every night before bed. I'M NOTICING A DIFFERENCE! I have short full lashes with no curl on top and short sparse lashes on bottom. After about 3 weeks my top lashes are thicker, slightly longer and holding a slight curl (on their own). Bottom lashes are thicker and fuller. Have actually gotten a comment/compliment on my lashes (normally that never happens) just the other day. Will update after a month, but I'm noticing some differences, even if they are slight. And given the price of castor oil (cheap) much better than doing the fiberwig thing?! Oh, and another thing...I was worried it would get in my eyes or cause my eyes to get 'blurry' from the oil (my eyes are sensitive to that kind of thing) and NOTHING. No issues with blurred vision or itching or anything. I'm really pleased so far. Will update in a few more weeks.
8/2013-update-realized I never updated this. After 3 months of use my lashes were brushing against my glasses, crazy. Over time I must have gotten bored with this and quit using it. Then found it again about a month ago. Now I use it 3x/week and I have again noticed an improvement in my lashes. I like not using it every night and still seeing an improvement.

on 2/21/2010 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Applied every night for 4 weeks to brows with a cotton bud, and to eyelashes with a mascara wand. Got absolutely no results in either brow or lash growth in that time.

on 2/20/2010 8:44:00 PM

I had been using this with some moderate success on lashes-- no miracles, but lashes seemed thicker.

So decided to double up, and add some castor oil to the blend of oils I was using to remove eye makeup and protect my eye area while washing face with soap a la Laszlo/ Sartin ritual.

Big mistake! The castor oil made the rest of the oils really sticky. I washed twice to remove it, using lots of soap. Nevertheless, the next day I woke with breakouts over my cheeks! Acne cosmetica. I NEVER get breakouts there, but clearly the castor oil was the culprit, as it was the only change to my routine, and it never happened again when I tossed the castor oil blend.

So beware of claims that castor oil is noncomedogenic and great for oil cleansing. YMMV. I didn't break out with jojoba, with grapeseed , or with apricot oil, and they are supposed to be more comedogenic than castor oil. Not for me!

Now that bottle of castor oil, full strength, will last forever, cause I'm only using a teensy bit on lashes.

I'd give this a 0 rating for use on skin, and wouldn't buy it again, except it deserves a 3 for eyelash use.

on 2/17/2010 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is a great alternative to vaseline, its a thick oil that leaves my skin soft in the morning. And only vaseline and this does that, my skin is soo dry! This stuff is amazing, and not sticky like the jelly.

Popular Brows Products