July 24, 2014 | 1060 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by purecircuitx

I'm sort of torn with this foundation. It has amazing coverage, lasts all day, and doesn't transfer to your clothing (remember... anything you put OVER the foundation will NOT be transfer resistant!). But, the packaging stinks, and it has broken me out along my jaw line. I have really clear skin and only get one or two pimples every now and then. But ever since I have started using this foundation I have been breaking out like crazy along my jawline with huge, painful pimples. And, all over my face I've been getting micro acne. I've never really broken out because of a foundation before because I cleanse my face really well every night. However, this foundations staying power is incredible! And that makes it near impossible to get off! I put the foundation on the back of my hand and then use a brush to apply it to my face and I'm left with a huge mark on my hand for the day unless I literally scrub my hand! If there were only a few improvements this foundation would be perfect. But sadly... I think I'll be buying a new foundation to replace this one.

FYI: The smell isn't all that bad BUT it does have a pretty strong smell, if that bothers you. I think it smells like coffee ice cream. But that's just me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by LaineLaVain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This has become my HG foundation base. It really does do its job. I have such oily acne prone skin. I buy this in the combination oily version. It makes my skin mostly matte all day long with a loose powder over the top and it doesn't appear to give me acne. The coverage is simply exquisite, it helps me achieve my matte, plastic face that I want so badly. If you want something sheer this isn't for you. You also need to scrub to get it off, but hey, that just means it works right? It really does last all day. If I ever have a sleepover I just leave it on my face and when i wake up in the morning it looks the same as it did when i put it on the day before. really impressive, especially considering its from a drugstore! I even prefer it over Estee Lauder maximum coverage foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Holamandy

I really wanted this product to work for me. Saw many reviews online about how good it was for oily combination acne prone skin. The price was reasonable and the coverage was nice and very natural. (I got it in sand beige)

After using this product for a month or so the oil control wasn't as good, my face became more oily and i started getting clogged pores. It was alright in the beginning but i guess it causes problems after a while...

Maybe it wasn't suitable for me in the beginning and my skin started worsening bit by bit till i got clogged pores and acne.

It's a good foundation if you intend to use it for just a day, i don't recommend that you use it every single day. It contains way to many chemicals and smells like paint...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by beautylovexo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everything makes me breakout. I can't use expensive stuff on my face either. It seemed nothing worked. But this stuff, inexpensive worked like a CHARM. I have not broken out with it and it covers up all my blemishes! I love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by BeyondObsession

I have Broken Capillaries in my cheeks, so have really red cheeks, and I have always struggled to find a foundation to cover these without 4 or 5 layers of cake (Concealer doesn't work). Also adding to the redness is that fact that my cheeks run rather hot in temperature, meaning foundations dont last ... at all.

Revlon Colourstay is now my set standard foundation. Like all other foundations 1 layer just wont cover me, however I slightly dab a little more foundation over the top of my cheeks and it covers them completely. This is heaven compared to the tone of layers I normally use to have to wear. And the product stays on all day for me! It doesn't feel too heavy on, and defiantly doesn't feel like a mask.

My only complain is that it does rub off onto my collar on my work shirts.

The price here in New Zealand seems to be creeping up every 6 months or so, so its not overly cheap anymore at $45 NZD a bottle, lasting me about a month.

A large range of shades, that are easy to match to your skin tone.
    Love it, and you all will too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by kcramone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this foundation. normal/dry for ages.Obviously I like it a lot. It stays on forever, the colour is a perfect match for me (sand beige.) But, I don't like the new formula (soft flex added.) Am I the only one who finds this way greasier than the original? I find it works like the old formula if I don't wear moisturizer which is kind of weird feeling on my skin. I'm going to try it for oily skin. Anybody have any suggestions on how to make it seem like the old formula or where to find the old formula.? thanks kc

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Chefjr97

This is THE best foundation I have ever used. I got the normal in ivory and I love it. It stayed on for 14 hours and looked flawless till the end. I didn't have to reapply it at all. Which is great for a highschooler. If you want a great foundation for under 11 dollars, this is the stuff for you!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by 101909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

i lost hope with finding a foundation that wouldn't make me a greaseball or turn mu pores into craters
    but then revlon .....
    I LOVE THIS !
    it's a liquid so I was skeptic about it with my oily skin but it was perfect and great coverage !
    no breakouts
    best of all it lasted all day and didn't have to blot alllll day
    im in love with this product !

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lisztomania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am NC30 with combination skin. I use "Medium Beige" which is the exact shade.

Pros:
    - Medium coverage
    - Lasts all day
    - Value for money
    - Didn't break me out
    - Packaging pretty sturdy - I dropped it on tile floor and it didn't even crack

Cons:
    - Hard to find exact shade - it wasn't yellow-based enough for me
    - Photographs wierd - white cast sometimes, looks patchy or powdery other times
    - Can look really "made-up" and cakey if not extra careful
    - Because it is heavy, I avoid wearing it during the day
    - No pump sucks
    Overall - it is a decent drugstore foundation, but because it lacks in versatility, I wouldn't purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Active Light, SPF 15, SPF 6, and I have tried the Mousse.

I really like AL. It has great SPF of 25. It wears forever and ever. It is very, very sheer, so I also use the other CS foundations for more coverage. This is a great summer foundation. Great stuff. I have Buff.

I also have the SPF 15 for normal/dry. I have very oily skin, but use this foundation. It works great for me and I prefer it to the oily/combo version. Great SPF, medium coverage. It finishes better and the look is more natural as the day goes on. I bought it in Buff.

I sometimes use my SPF 6 for combo/oily. It is good, too, but I find it gets blotchier after a few hours of wear. I like the SPF 15 better, but they are very, very similar products. I have it in, you guessed it, Buff.

Finally, I tried the Mineral Mousse at least twice. I bought the Fair and the Fair Light. The color was off and the product seemed cakier than the regular or AL versions. I returned it both time to the DS.

Oily-skinned people: You need to try these foundations! They work great and I am very happy with them. I have tried tons of products that claim to be for oily skin, but these products are my favorite.